• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

it wouldnt balance out - double the atack of a monster but still healing for half would result in a dead party in no time lol.. or simpler way would be to half the damage that people can do PVP
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#92 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:21 AM

i still think double the hp of all crits in game was a sound idea lol, make you hit the same, and monsters hit for more, clerics heal for more, but PVP makes it takes far longer to kill people lol Hitting a fighter trainign with 700hp... 3x arch thiefs at least reaally to drop it

because people don't often carry 3 thieves to go pking right? come to think of it, if you're using thieves, there's usually double that or more...
Evil report carries further than any applause

#93 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

yea but it would help a great deal is my point - and any how im just arguing the under dogs case i pk more then most people
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#94 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

WoW is pathetic. what was once a a matter of great time and effort spent to gain pvp rank is now a simple grind to give everyone good items. At least here you still have to work for some things.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#95 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

more to the point you have to invest real money to play wow... pitty you get confused allot between wow and nm lol

#96 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

Don't generalize Americans, probably about 40% or more are immigrants from other countries (well they are all, but you know).

In any case, I do live here, but I hate the flaws and corruption of this country.

#97 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

If the most amazing and best country in the world has flaws and corruption, then what do the ones obviously lower on the food chain have??

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#98 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

They all do, America stands out alot in both aspects.

Edited by Ryuku, 15 January 2007 - 08:59 AM.

#99 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:16 AM

Save Nightmist first, save the world another day.

It is really too late to make any fundamental changes to the Nightmist game, including things like HP, simply because the veteran players have been used to the current system for so long and will meet any major changes with some hostility. Hopefully most of the fixes will show themselves in Nightmist II - Dark Strata.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#100 Sleepinggiant

Sleepinggiant
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

on the subject of saving the game .... there is a big money issue ... "way to much money in NM" there is a possible solution, make a "cost of living tax" .... once a month a % of all money in game is "eaten" by the server ..... every crit in every account is charged a small % of all gold in bank and on them. ie, I have 100gold, the tax is 5%, 5gold is gone at beginning of month ...... if i had 1000000... 500gold would be deducted.... I'm not sure wat % it would take to balance the game out but that would make the economy work. If I had a job and no cost of living I would be the richest man on earth :) ...... just an idea

#101 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

yeah except people could just take everything outta their bank at end of month then to save them from getting taxed. maybe once a month at random would be decent
Page me on Heritage

#102 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:58 AM

/t shomer that wouldnt work, if all banks are taxed, clan each ind. crit, then even if ya move all gold to one crit 5% will be 5% no matter if it is in small incriments or in one lump some...........will need to tax gold that is on the crit not just banked as well.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#103 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

so, this works great for the people who are too poor to buy oak staves, but for people who are saving up for more cobalts and such they get hit hard once a month. say you have 10m gold, beginning of the month you get banged for 500k, yay thats more money than johnny b good has ever had in his NM career. You can't start taxing people now based on how much gold they have. There are already ways in the game to diminish the amount of gold and items, just leave it alone. If people have spent months and years building up a small fortune guess what, they earned it(most of them anyway). You can do it too. Everyone who cries out RESET NM! or take everyones gold! is just a person who cant climb up the ladder themselves and wants to bring the standards down to their level instead of trying to make it in the world as it stands.

Face it, NM has its problems, every game, every job, everything in life does, either make the most out of what you have or find something else.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#104 Sleepinggiant

Sleepinggiant
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:12 AM

to begin with nobody said I had a big issue with anything .... I dont want a reset . The topic was braught up about the failing economy in NM .... I mearly had a suggestion on a way to help balance it . Face the facts .... the economy is truely screwed up .... I dont have much problems saving money if I want something. I am not failing to "climb the ladder". but the fact remains that things are losing thier value. I actually dont mind it like it is . As far as if you had 10 mil gold and you had to pay the same perdent as someony that had only saved 1k .... be glad its wasnt a suggestion for a sliding scale like we do for real :)...... really though ... just a suggestion

#105 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Good to see my lil topic is going well :)

Still needs saving. Adverts aren't gonna do it though :)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users