Nightmist

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

like that idea actually.. doubt it will happen but it makes sense to me... once there are several lvl 40's(if the playerbase is at a decent lvl) it would be a pretty big challenge to train new crits from 30-35..which is kind of like saying "screw the new guys"

Agree, and who is gonna want to continue to play a game when 90% (Not all so please not everybody take offense) Just are out to get on peoples nerves. People work hard, let them enjoy the game a bit. I myself do not play 1alt, but I thought it was built with the idea of people working together as a team, becomming one to tackle obsticales and to use your brain to figure out difficult situations. If everyone could put their ego aside and just get along. This game would still be the game that it use to be, but as stated before in my post "Staff don't have any ambition to do anything" and I for one don't blame them. It wasn't the staffs fault the game is "Not going to say dead Gaddy might have a heart attack" :P But lacking a complete playerbase. It our own fault. We did this to ourselfs now we are suffering from it. Staff aren't going to continue to run events, quest ect if we keep complaining. I hear stigs area with the worm ordeal was hard, maybe and you lost a lot of exp so? At least something was accomplished you teamed up and yes one person benifited. It happens. It's the same way in the real world. Some are rich some are poor some get lucky and win the lottery. We have to learn to be greatful for what we have and if we get lucky we get lucky, and if we don't then maybe next time and move on. If you lose 100mil exp that just gives you more reason to play the game and earn that 100mil exp back. I mean I know 100mil isn't that hard when Klepto on main can come and within 7 days gametime have a full party of almost all lvl 32 thiefs, and how much exp is that? Point being just enjoy the game that was given to us for free. JLH doesn't get paid to run this like Blizzard and other online games. So ofc everything isn't going to be perfect. We just need to work together. It makes like a lot easier and the game more enjoyable.

Please no negative feedback, and if I offended anybody I appologize.
Blake (Satoris) Main Server

#62 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Here's another suggestion that I had brought up a while back. . .

Shrink the PvP range from 20 to 10 levels (5 levels either way). This would make it so that in general (because there are some items with odd ball level requirements) there would only be a 1 tier difference in weapons and armor between any two players. PvP fights would be far more competitive. I know, I know, the chronic lowbie killers would be upset, as it is almost unheard of for them to fight someone of their own level. At the same time though, this would open up new possibilities for higher level characters.

The classes are more less balanced PvM, every class can go anywhere, provided there is a cleric of course. Where the unbalance is is in PvP, and in my opinion is the reason more level 35+ stamina, items, spells, abilities, etc. cannot be added. If devastate were introduced for example, a grandmaster mage could easily round an expert, even if it were to somehow resist or absorb some of the stamina. If the GM could attack no lower than a level 31, the outcome would be much less likely to be the same. A resist or two and a couple absorbs and the 31 would have the chance to drink potions and fight back, or flee. Devastate wouldn't be near as OP as it is with the current PvP range. The same would be true in many cases if there were more stamina, higher level items, spells, and abilities if the PvP range were just shrunk down to make for more even battles.

EDIT: And I know Nightshades will undermine this entire thing, but for lower levels and those who don't forgo 5k for a chance at a PK, this will even things out greatly. The other possibility is to remove Nightshades completely, but that's another entire topic.

Posted this on the other thread.
Autek in game.

#63 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

Here's another suggestion that I had brought up a while back. . .

Shrink the PvP range from 20 to 10 levels (5 levels either way). This would make it so that in general (because there are some items with odd ball level requirements) there would only be a 1 tier difference in weapons and armor between any two players. PvP fights would be far more competitive. I know, I know, the chronic lowbie killers would be upset, as it is almost unheard of for them to fight someone of their own level. At the same time though, this would open up new possibilities for higher level characters.

The classes are more less balanced PvM, every class can go anywhere, provided there is a cleric of course. Where the unbalance is is in PvP, and in my opinion is the reason more level 35+ stamina, items, spells, abilities, etc. cannot be added. If devastate were introduced for example, a grandmaster mage could easily round an expert, even if it were to somehow resist or absorb some of the stamina. If the GM could attack no lower than a level 31, the outcome would be much less likely to be the same. A resist or two and a couple absorbs and the 31 would have the chance to drink potions and fight back, or flee. Devastate wouldn't be near as OP as it is with the current PvP range. The same would be true in many cases if there were more stamina, higher level items, spells, and abilities if the PvP range were just shrunk down to make for more even battles.

EDIT: And I know Nightshades will undermine this entire thing, but for lower levels and those who don't forgo 5k for a chance at a PK, this will even things out greatly. The other possibility is to remove Nightshades completely, but that's another entire topic.

Posted this on the other thread.

That Idea actually seems fair.

#64 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

*Like*
Apocalypto

#65 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:50 AM

Hmm i agree on changing the pking, lets say maybe 2 to 3 lvl difference or to say can only attack a character that has same stamina as you or more. Not sure if would take coding or not or how much it would take, but i believe it would be for the better of the game.
Peacemaker both servers.

#66 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

just my thoughts...considering none of the "big" bosses get done or even attempted for that matter on the 1 alt server due to lack of co-op. all of this due to the "badass" people out to pk...make 1 alt nopk. maybe co-op will increase the playerbase a bit? just a suggestion.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#67 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

dont know that i would play if it was nopk.. but i like the idea above.. i would think it would be easy to change it from 10 to 5 lvls(the coding aspect).. .and would also be pretty beneficial to the balancing of pvp imo...
Apocalypto

#68 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

I like the ideas as well of changing up the levels, but this still don't fix the "Old players logging on a lowbie" and picking on newer players.

#69 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

I don't think it's necessarily the old players that do the pking these days, its the next generation after that. Most of us that have been around this game for the majority of it's life only pk for a reason, if even then. It's the kids who came afterwards and were pk'd as they leveled up to where they are today that feels the need to pk random newbies because they were pk'd as they 'grew up' on here.

I liken it to kids who get beat up in elementary school through high school irl and then become a cop so that they can push people around. It's sad really.
Autek in game.

#70 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

/nod Autek.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#71 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Agreed.

#72 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

just my thoughts...considering none of the "big" bosses get done or even attempted for that matter on the 1 alt server due to lack of co-op. all of this due to the "badass" people out to pk...make 1 alt nopk. maybe co-op will increase the playerbase a bit? just a suggestion.

I personally think the working together on bosses isnt entirely affected by the server being PK. Alot of it comes down to fairness, say for instance our clan (Occidus Divisa) went and got seals enough to get the items necessary for Credenza and then the whole server Co-ops and beats the boss and it drops, Full random is a tad unfair, and honestly noones gonna yield to anyone else. THAT is the major problem, ppl have been jacked over before and are weary of it occouring again. Also comes the "what if so and so gets the big drop, then stops helping" Neither of these can be avoided, you can force cooperation only so far and only with some people.

In light of this i believe that staff activity should be increased, not so much making areas, or items (which i know is being done and am greatful for) But i think in all honesty a new staff member should be added with Fun enchancing duties i.e staff randoms on big drops stupid games, mob spawns etc. I call them "Random Acts of Staff" and i know it would be successful because whn pandilex is at ngh messin around, so is EVERYONE else.

And C: If i knew how, or was given the ability to learn how to make fun things like that happen , I would definately take the job!! i dont think theres anyone here who doesnt wanna see this game restored to its earlier greatness

#73 Sandy

Sandy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

I agree that everyone loves when staff is on. Even if they are just sitting somewhere. People also like to see moshes and things, even if the prize is something as simple as a cookie or the mosh where u pay to enter and winner gets all the gold. Another non item mosh i liked was where u had to tag someone in the alloted time before u got booted or had to hide from the person who was "it". I believe it was Hide and Seek.
Also, I don't think that 1alt should be Nopk and I'm a cleric!
It's half the fun of NM.
I do agree w/ the rest of you about changing the lvl difference though.
_Tinderstep

Edited by Sandy, 20 April 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#74 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

I personally think the working together on bosses isnt entirely affected by the server being PK. Alot of it comes down to fairness, say for instance our clan (Occidus Divisa) went and got seals enough to get the items necessary for Credenza and then the whole server Co-ops and beats the boss and it drops, Full random is a tad unfair, and honestly noones gonna yield to anyone else. THAT is the major problem, ppl have been jacked over before and are weary of it occouring again. Also comes the "what if so and so gets the big drop, then stops helping" Neither of these can be avoided, you can force cooperation only so far and only with some people.

In light of this i believe that staff activity should be increased, not so much making areas, or items (which i know is being done and am greatful for) But i think in all honesty a new staff member should be added with Fun enchancing duties i.e staff randoms on big drops stupid games, mob spawns etc. I call them "Random Acts of Staff" and i know it would be successful because whn pandilex is at ngh messin around, so is EVERYONE else.

And C: If i knew how, or was given the ability to learn how to make fun things like that happen , I would definately take the job!! i dont think theres anyone here who doesnt wanna see this game restored to its earlier greatness

I agree more staff would benifit the game, not only if they were making new areas.
JLH should make a script of code "Not telling you what to do jon" But can easily be done. That tell's staffers when a new player "Diffrent IP logs on" sometimes yes it will be existing players who are using another computer but if it's a truely a new player then staff can TP to them and kinda welcome them to the game. Show some hospitality. It aint about the areas/quest/pking even though them are some factors, but it's about making the game enjoyable for everyone and taking new players hands and hospitality.
Maybe make a mentor program? Nightmist has a lot of life left in it. I won't quit til it dies. I hope it never does. I love this game. I know when I first started playing I was imature and a lot of people hated me. I hold no grudges and people grow up. I hate nobody, bigones are bigones and stuff happens. Lets just all as a team enjoy the game and figure a way to make it enjoyable for years to come.

#75 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:55 AM

Yes Exactly!! Nightmist needs a PR guy :P as often as possible the PR guy should be present and accounted for. However this "PR Guy" is gonna have to be someone that players old and new alike can talk to and interact with.

Also Autek can you link that other thread i cant seem to find it. ty :)

#76 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

About shrinking the level range? It was on Stig's post asking what we would like to see on 1a. Probably should have made a suggestion thread, would have probably gotten more exposure.

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=34251

Page 2, towards the bottom.
Autek in game.

#77 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

Here was the original thread I'd started with regards to the pk range.

http://www.nightmist.../...29567&st=30
Autek in game.

#78 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Pk range is a good idea guys, but will it really make much of a difference? Is there really that much pking which takes place where the level difference is more than 5? If there is let me know, but mostly i see level 35's pking level 30+ characters anyway.

#79 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

If I remember right, there was one of Gaz's quests that was NoPK and I seen a slightly higher rate of teamwork. Not that it's particularly my business anymore, but I think people should give it a month to have the server non-violent and see what happens. People say they probably wouldn't play, but that's pretty much a douchebag thing to say, "If I can't annoy/piss someone off, I quit." Go ahead? (Look at it how you like). Probably filter out the douchebags and make the server co-op again, or just overall friendlier. Might not, but it's worth a trial run.

#80 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

If I remember right, there was one of Gaz's quests that was NoPK and I seen a slightly higher rate of teamwork. Not that it's particularly my business anymore, but I think people should give it a month to have the server non-violent and see what happens. People say they probably wouldn't play, but that's pretty much a douchebag thing to say, "If I can't annoy/piss someone off, I quit." Go ahead? (Look at it how you like). Probably filter out the douchebags and make the server co-op again, or just overall friendlier. Might not, but it's worth a trial run.

As much as I would like to agree with you, well I do on some aspects, but at this time this game cannot afford to lose any players period. WE as a playerbase "Team" need to figure something out that will benifit everyone and everyone will like "I know this sounds like a dream" because someone will always troll every idea and nobody can ever come to an agreement. Now that I think about it more after what I just wrote. You'r totally right. lol

#81 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

That statement there, sums up the problem with teamwork on the 1a server. No one is gonna want to team up with someone else, because at the big bosses, someone is always going to get the shaft on the drop. If staff could come up with some way to compensate the players that don't win the random, I could see, maybe, just maybe, people working together to accomplish the top tier bosses of nm.

Main has been around longer, and the main reason for as much teamwork as there is there, is simple. It's been around long enough that the top tier players no longer really need anything, so we're willing to compromise on drops. There's only 1 mob in game, that I won't take other people too. And that's only because I still need the drops and the item itself has such a low drop rate, taking someone else would reduce chances even further.

Anyways, I saw it mentioned in suggestions I think, about party experience. The idea i'm about to propose would require an admin to be on to apply randoms, and, here's teh big idea. Whoever doesn't get the random, is given say 1 million xp or something of the sort. Just some type of compensation to the participating players to make the trips worth doing, whether or not they win the random.

For the most part, people on here will never set aside thier egos, biases, or differences. That's not the way of the human race. It takes great tragedy to unite people, no such tragedy could ever occur in game. So the players will never really be united for a common cause. Slipknot said it best People=S**t. And before everyone gets all offended, i'm included in that as well.
Jaded ingame.

#82 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

Pk range is a good idea guys, but will it really make much of a difference? Is there really that much pking which takes place where the level difference is more than 5? If there is let me know, but mostly i see level 35's pking level 30+ characters anyway.

I think it would be most beneficial because it would certainly give lowbies a much greater chance at survival. Every once and a while a new player comes by and gets to about level 10-15 then disappears. You usually just have to /who them and see they have ~15 deaths by players and you know why they disappeared. They haven't been around to get on anyone's pk list, they just get killed for no reason.

That too, is the main reason you won't see me teaming with anyone outside my own clan, or even interacting with them at all. I've been jumped for absolutely no reason too many times loosing an hour and a half of my time each for a number in their pk column. If you really care about that number so much I can buy a level 25 junker and 'train' south of Nightmist repeatedly for you. . . I just don't get the pointless pks it's like people are trying to cripple the game.

Edited by Autek, 21 April 2011 - 04:53 PM.

Autek in game.

#83 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

I think it would be most beneficial because it would certainly give lowbies a much greater chance at survival. Every once and a while a new player comes by and gets to about level 10-15 then disappears. You usually just have to /who them and see they have ~15 deaths by players and you know why they disappeared. They haven't been around to get on anyone's pk list, they just get killed for no reason.

That too, is the main reason you won't see me teaming with anyone outside my own clan, or even interacting with them at all. I've been jumped for absolutely no reason too many times loosing an hour and a half of my time each for a number in their pk column. If you really care about that number so much I can buy a level 25 junker and 'train' south of Nightmist repeatedly for you. . . I just don't get the pointless pks it's like people are trying to cripple the game.

For once I agree. Perhaps raise the pk start from level 5 to lvl 20-25(1 alt only). Would give new players a chance to getting the hang of things before they have to get into the PvP aspect of the game. Not sure if 1 alt pk difference is the same as main, 10 level difference, so a lvl 30 can pk a lvl 20, so on and so forth. I would also suggest that it be changed from 10 levels, to 5 levels or less. Even better, to within 2 levels of each other. IE a lvl 33 could pk a lvl 35 and vice versa, but a lvl 37 can't touch a lvl 34. Just a thought. Also, could consider making the main server a NOPK server again, and recommending new players start there. Gives them a chance to learn the mechanics and balances, however out of balance they are. And once they feel prepared for the PvP aspect, they could switch over to the 1 alt server. I'm not saying you coulnd't take friends into pete's on main and rape or get raped, or in clan arenas. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Jaded ingame.

#84 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Because there are low level areas, like the swamps and scarlet daggers guild, I don't think it would be a good idea to make it nopk clear up until level 20 or 25. The 10 level total range, as opposed to the 20 level range we have now should be good enough to at the least give a newbie the chance to run.

With the double HP gains from level 30 beyond, in all honesty the range should be reduced further like Pureza mentioned. I think a 5 level range would be good starting at when you hit level 30. Two below your level, your level, and two above your level. Also as I mentioned in my original post, this would allow for more development in terms of equipment, spells, and abilities for level 35+'s, giving players some incentive to actually spend the 2m, 3.5m, 5m, etc. it costs for each level.

The problem with having a shifting range depending on level would be for example, a level 29 (still under the 5 levels above and below) could attack level 32-34's without being attacked back. There would have to be a level cap for the 5 levels above capped at level 31. Or better yet, just make it a 5 level range, 2-,=,2+ for all levels.

And to keep this from being blown out of the water by Nightshades, make them a simple item used for crafting something, that have no real effect if drank (but still worth 5k to shop). All problems solved. I don't think anyone can argue that they aren't a cheap OP trick.

As far as where to direct new players. . . I would think it would be easier for a person to get the handle of the game on the 1a server rather than having to run several characters at once to be remotely on par with another player. The 1a server is where you truly get a feel for the class balance as well. I mean people could run a party of mages on main with a few clerics and think mages are the top class in the game, but try playing one on the 1-alt server and you'll see they're very tough on their own.

Edited by Autek, 21 April 2011 - 08:29 PM.

Autek in game.

#85 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

It's a game and I can tell even after the years still some people think its real life. tsk tsk, This is why the game will never be the same. Players attitudes stink toward everything and all suggestions unless it is their own. Greed.

#86 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

nopk is gay ill farm firebombs and torch ur @$$es anyway.

I was firebombed during the nopk session and it was deemed to be bannable if it happened again.

Like I said, douchebags like you is what ruins the game. Let's find a way to kill and piss someone off even though the server is nopk. Rarely come to the forums to read anymore. I'll let you guys figure it out.

On a final note. People who say they'll quit, they won't. And if they do, good ridance. New players will come, or old players will come back. It happens quite often, depending on your outlook on time frame. Make the game a better place, not a bigger place. Quality, not quantity, right?

#87 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

...or play the game how its supposed to be played.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#88 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

/t blake stfu and get off the "patty cake" server and come play 1 alt and see how easy it is.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#89 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

/t blake stfu and get off the "patty cake" server and come play 1 alt and see how easy it is.

Obviously it's rather easy. Devotchka got level 40 how fast? and Noty. It aint about being "Patty Cake" it's called this is where I started this is where I will end. As I see from the forums there is nothing good about the 1alt playerbase besides a few choice people, and even some of them people are returning to main because of the jerks on 1alt. If I was a new player reading how 1alt people complained and griped about staff doing stuff and being very unappreciative I wouldn't wanna play 1alt neither would any of you. That is what these days have come to I guess. Everyone thinks of themself and cares about nobody else. It's all about who stronger, who has more characters or items. Even on 1alt. My last post was inmature but I don't have a high tolerance for ignorance. Why not just play a free game and go with the flow rather than cry about everything? If you wanna play a game that you can cry and probably get your way because you p2p then go try world of warcraft or Aion or something like that. If your not happy here why stay? I am perfectly happy. My suggestions are simple to try and make everyone else happy. If you don't like them don't read them or flame it shows lack of intelligence.

#90 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

For once I agree. Perhaps raise the pk start from level 5 to lvl 20-25(1 alt only). Would give new players a chance to getting the hang of things before they have to get into the PvP aspect of the game. Not sure if 1 alt pk difference is the same as main, 10 level difference, so a lvl 30 can pk a lvl 20, so on and so forth. I would also suggest that it be changed from 10 levels, to 5 levels or less. Even better, to within 2 levels of each other. IE a lvl 33 could pk a lvl 35 and vice versa, but a lvl 37 can't touch a lvl 34. Just a thought. Also, could consider making the main server a NOPK server again, and recommending new players start there. Gives them a chance to learn the mechanics and balances, however out of balance they are. And once they feel prepared for the PvP aspect, they could switch over to the 1 alt server. I'm not saying you coulnd't take friends into pete's on main and rape or get raped, or in clan arenas. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I dont agree with making the server NOPK. Look at how many people left main for 1a after they made main nopk? A LOT! When I first started nm there was no lvl 10 rule even, my newb ass got pked by a lvl 28 I think it was as soon as I left town and went to see what was down the alley with the shadows, I got pked and I went back down the alley and yes I again got pked again . Someone in town told me that I should stop going out of town until I was a little bit higher and they helped me learn more about the game, the person helped me was the person that had just pked me twice but because I didnt whine or page him all offended he decided to help me. I think pking helps the players learn the maps better at least it does when they start out. I remember talking to ppl when they were newb and giving them the map links and showing them more out of the way places to train so that that didnt get pked. I've always hated the lvl 10 rule just because I liked the challenge of trying to train a lvl 5 and not get pked by a lvl 30. People were not so out for #1 or if they were, they simply did not get invited to parties.

A lot of the issue is with the people not the game. Some people are still going to be be the same untrustworthy ppl that a lot of people do not, and will not party with just because they have stolen from other ppl in the game and/or cheated. That wont change no matter what you do to the game.

I still dont see the problem with nightshades, I've been shaded plenty and quite frankly if you take the shades out of the game people will just "cooperate" to pk, I guess since some people want "cooperation" at any cost and that would please them. If you look back at posts, how many times have you see people complaining about being jumped? It's a never ending cycle really, some ppl are going to complain about being jumped, shades, or attacked by so-and-so spelled. Pking does add another aspect to the game, , something else to do when you are tired of training, and how many people have been pked by a crit and then started training one of that class because they thought it was a cool crit and wanted to be as "good" as the person that pked them?

A new staff for 1a does seem like a good idea. Cooperation is a good idea as well but until people remember that NM is just a game that it used to be more about doing stuff with your friends/clannies then JUST about how high lvl you could get or what "uber" drop you got randomed, not as much cooperation is going to happen as should.

Wow I actually agree with Trendkill, multipcers should be banned but I <3 shella and I'm glad her account didnt get perm banned since she didnt do anything wrong.
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users