My Final Constructive Post.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

So Stig.. Are we going to see the coli bosses changed anytime soon?

This thread has been up a while and still no one against it has posted.. Even staffers haven't came out and said no.

Since you have agreed and no one else has said no, I feel that it is time to change them :lol:
Freek ingame.

#62 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Cant argue with that.
Apocalypto

#63 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

^supported.
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#64 PrimeX85

PrimeX85
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

can we get any feedback from the few active staff that are still around? not the forums mods either, they dont count for anything lol...

all these ppl that support the idea and stuff here and still no word from staff, so hellllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo?

bumppppppp

#65 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

1) Give me an immortal to develop on.

2) Reset the server.

3) Ignore the whining from people losing all of their stuff.

#66 Justice

Justice
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

^"Like" button

LMFAO!
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#67 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

unsupported, coming from a player caught cheating nothing he says counts for nuts, his word means nothing. piddy remake this post so i can actually take the 5 minutes properly read it and then possibly support it.

forever flameing on you!

yours Truely, Rick :lol:

Edited by Adultery, 14 October 2012 - 02:39 AM.

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#68 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

unsupported, coming from a player caught cheating nothing he says counts for nuts, his word means nothing. piddy remake this post so i can actually take the 5 minutes properly read it and then possibly support it.

forever flameing on you!

Good ole rick. If hes not paying for customs to sell for gold hes making pointless post that have no meaning thinking hes coooooool.

I guess you forgot your an ex-permed player too huh rick. To bad cash is king on nm. :lol:.

Back on topic: Whens this coming?

Edited by Freek, 14 October 2012 - 10:12 AM.

Freek ingame.

#69 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

forever flameing on you!

Good ole rick. If hes not paying for customs to sell for gold hes making pointless post that have no meaning thinking hes coooooool.

I guess you forgot your an ex-permed player too huh rick. To bad cash is king on nm. :lol: .

cash is king everywhere on the planet. dont QQ cause you have none. :lol: theres a big world outside of community college, pot smoke and moms basement jordan.

In reguards to being a banned player. YOOOOU cheated. I called trev a homo. bit of a difference.

yes I did sell custom pics for gold. I am more then happy too admit that. nothing illigal about it. if you think theres an issue. please feel free to speak to JLH or stig :lol:

what was it you did again jordo? used an macro based program to train your mage? you used a trainer on THIS game?!? a trained monkey could sit and tap macros all day! now you sit aroud your PC, bong in hand and expect us to listen to your bullnuts about what should be implemented into a game you cant even play without cheating?
but life is hard when your the usuall suspect right?

what you gonna say now? lol.

#70 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

forever flameing on you!

I guess you forgot your an ex-permed player too huh rick. To bad cash is king on nm. :lol: .

cash is king everywhere on the planet. dont QQ cause you have none. :lol: theres a big world outside of community college, pot smoke and moms basement jordan.

In reguards to being a banned player. YOOOOU cheated. I called trev a homo. bit of a difference.

yes I did sell custom pics for gold. I am more then happy too admit that. nothing illigal about it. if you think theres an issue. please feel free to speak to JLH or stig :lol:

what was it you did again jordo? used an macro based program to train your mage? you used a trainer on THIS game?!? a trained monkey could sit and tap macros all day! now you sit aroud your PC, bong in hand and expect us to listen to your bullnuts about what should be implemented into a game you cant even play without cheating?
but life is hard when your the usuall suspect right?

what you gonna say now? lol.

Again leave it to good ole rick to flame a post that every other player in the game has supported cause hes special and thinks flame hurts or does anything beside show everyone his true colors.

I'll start another thread in off topic with this quote and happily slam you there. This isn't the place for it, but thanks for showing everyone whos the true child.

Edit: Heres the topic for you. http://www.nightmist...mp;#entry249315

Edited by Freek, 14 October 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Freek ingame.

#71 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Weren't you banned for cheating on your cleric which you bypassed token system or something?

#72 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Weren't you banned for cheating on your cleric which you bypassed token system or something?

no. when i lvld my cleric they had not made a system for the uppers levels yet. what happened is they prevented me and dev from going further until we paid the costs of the tokens.

I made the mistake of logging on main and telling Trev off because of it. thus why I was banned.

#73 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

I cheated and kept all of my spoils. Doesn't that make you mad? 4 Mil in a couple weeks is pretty nice. Perm ban me, this game will never become playable until real actions are taken.

I'm willing to pay for my actions, are you? Please keep flamming me, apparently it's important to you, I've been stuntin', sir. You are like the dust on my shoulder I brush off.

Edited by Tietsu, 18 October 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#74 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

To the top!
Freek ingame.

#75 PrimeX85

PrimeX85
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I've been stuntin', sir. You are like the dust on my shoulder I brush off.

haha can only imagine Mr Alec stuntin and brushin his shoulder off IRL, be classic

#76 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

I know, I'm a douche. Rub it in, will ya.

#77 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Lol.

Alec, play more nub.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#78 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

I want to, but the game is broke and no one's fixing it. That's like me renting a house with floors caving in and the electrical panel throwing out sparks. Nah man, I'm going to move into a nice flat in the city, not a broken down old trailer in the boondocks.

I've left 100's of good ideas to help balance the game. It's not hard. No one is doing it. Stig is adding new stuff and not fixing the old stuff (which is the real problem).

I'm sorry Stig, I like you and you're good at what you do, hands down. But you are not what this server needs.

If the game is ever re-invented, I'll be the first to jump back in on it.

#79 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Trust me, there is a lot I want to do for the game, but I really can't do a lot without source code changes. There's other problems like, for example, removing the Cobalt Staff of the Winds, because it will cause an uproar amongst the players, and providing compensation for those who bought them will just cause a huge influx of gold into the server.

I'm still investigating how best to approach a level 35+ system while keeping the other staff happy, and other players who went the old way.

#80 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Trust me, there is a lot I want to do for the game, but I really can't do a lot without source code changes. There's other problems like, for example, removing the Cobalt Staff of the Winds, because it will cause an uproar amongst the players, and providing compensation for those who bought them will just cause a huge influx of gold into the server.

I'm still investigating how best to approach a level 35+ system while keeping the other staff happy, and other players who went the old way.

Cobalt should of been removed a long time ago. Even if there is an influx of gold at the start, if you made 36+ achievable you would see that gold decline quite rapidly. Also, by removing cobalt now the players who got to 40 "the old way" also abused the vamp from items such as Cobalt/DoTw. So I would find it fair that players who would level after cobalt's removal and with the new token change vs those who got to abuse the vamp training but cost a little more to train.

Also, I agree with piddy. With the removal of cobalt you could introduce more shop sold items with different stat/monster tables on them. That way you could have more customization instead of "Make 10m buy cobalt train till 40". Not to mention make unique items like Mithril Claws, Keeshe and Sword of Light way more valuable.

Edited by Freek, 27 October 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Freek ingame.

#81 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Once I finish my current work on multi-alt, I will see about laying things out to wean players off the Cobalts and introduce suitable replacements... that's been one of my main problems with development: the Cobalt makes it near impossible to design new weapons that players actually want to use, without them being overpowered.

I did shoot myself in the foot a bit by allowing the Cobalt Staff to be upgraded into the Soul Ripper, but I can get around it by changing it to an upgrade of the Sword of Existence (which is what it is on multi-alt, a Sword of Existence with double the vamparic rating).

#82 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I suggested soul ripper to be just like the main one from the start. I would bet anything Jase was the one pushing hardest to get it to be a cobalt upgrade. If you can manage to get a weapon for every class that can do some sort of vamp so people will still train them then i dont see why losing balt would be such a big thing to people, also make soul ripper available not to just grandmaster plus cause it would make people not train the lower lvl ones with no source of vamp being that there is very few sources ingame besides cobalt.

Maybe for paladins something with a str modifier and a vamp, should make those more appealing. There is enough wisdom buffs as it is so i dont suggest that.

I do suggest that you should take the absorb spells stuff out of the game though. There is very few pks as it is so it shouldnt matter.

Thieves maybe make them more appealing again towards mobs and give them some mob extra damage sources.

Fighters i see as being pretty good still. Maybe a mob specific weapon, but there is a few ingame already.

Mages need some help for training. A tribute process or something that way they can go and solo train without having to run pots and mana or so they dont have to sit near towns to refresh every few mins.

Druids seem pretty good and very easy to train and to train on mobs with. They just suck at pking, but then again pking isnt the top of the list on priorities so i could care less bout making them better vs pking.

Clerics are still very self sufficient and train very fast. No pk aspect but yet again you are a cleric you arent really meant to pk.

Those are a few of my thoughts on the classes atm. Feel free to point out if missed something.
Peacemaker both servers.

#83 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

If you take vamp out of the game then druids need another stam gain.

#84 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Mages could train fast i guess if they stuck near a town. Who wants to sit near a town all day and never train other places though? Im talking about making mages a lil more solo train friendly. Ya they can do good damage. For how long though? They run out of mana faster then anything else. They dont have a way to get hp back. Give them something so you can take them out training with a training party or even on your own without having to constantly load up on mana and potions. All other classes have some sort of compensation to make them able to do this except for mages. I only see it as being fair.
Peacemaker both servers.

#85 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Mages could train fast i guess if they stuck near a town. Who wants to sit near a town all day and never train other places though? Im talking about making mages a lil more solo train friendly. Ya they can do good damage. For how long though? They run out of mana faster then anything else. They dont have a way to get hp back. Give them something so you can take them out training with a training party or even on your own without having to constantly load up on mana and potions. All other classes have some sort of compensation to make them able to do this except for mages. I only see it as being fair.

I've been saying this for years.. Now at least you know its not biased based opinions. Mages do have the ability to make exp the "fastest" if you are not including all the running back and forth for mana. Also, mages are limited to where they can train because of it. Sure a mage that gets to sit in an area and not get messed with can make exp super fast, but do they make gold at the same time? Is the area safe to be in all the time? etc etc. Other classes only have to worry about HP. Outside of clerics, whom actually have a non-pk area that yields one of the most PoD's ingame..
Freek ingame.

#86 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

I like mages.. I'd be a heck more likely to level one on 1a if they weren't such a pain to run solo. I agree 100%.

I also wouldn't mind cobalts being gone.. dotws should be gone too unless there are comparable weapons made for each class to allow more freedom for solo training but not as powerful as the cobalt.

I like the idea of a bigger variety of items with different stat/monster tables too.

Edited by Gnarkill, 28 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users