Photo

Whose The Best In The NFL?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Who has the best chance of gettin to the Super Bowl? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Who has the best chance of gettin to the Super Bowl?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:37 AM

In my opinion, Vick is a superb QB.
You know why? Because he makes me want to watch the Falcons' games.

You can be told time and again about stats and whatnot, but the real reason he is paid so much is that everyone wants to see him play. If you have him on your team, you get fans and attendance, along with several other bonuses.

I heard some people on TV talking about the Bears' defense being the best ever...The best ever? Wow. They also talked about numbers and whatnot, which I didn't follow too much, but even saying something of that sort sounds insane since my brother has been a Bears fan his entire life, and I cannot remember one season where they did anything worth seeing (obviously since I've been watching football, not over all time).
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#62 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:36 AM

Alot of things go into play when talking about the Falcons t.v. ratings. One of the biggest things is there are no blackouts in Georgia. And for those that don`t know a blackout is when a team doesn`t sell out all the seats to a home game it isn`t shown on T.V. in that state. Arthur Blank made a promise to show every game no matter how many seats were sold. I'm not sure how many other teams do this. I do know in Cleveland if the stadium doesn`t sell out you better have a radio.

Also Arthur Blank spent 20 million on advertising for the falcons. A number that is atleast 6 times larger then any other team in the NFL.

Now my reasons for watching have nothing to do with the 20 million. I'm a little embarressed to say I do watch because of Vick. I want to be there and see the play that ends his season. :(

Chicago has the best defense because they haven't played anyone. Carolina is the only good team they have beaten. The toughest part of their season begins today. The next 5 games will show they aren't even top 10 in defense.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#63 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:56 AM

Actually, if you live in South Georgia (as I do), and you are a fan of a team from out of state (as I am), you do get blackouts of Jacksonville Jaguars games if their tickets arent sold out.

And it isnt the state.....its within 200 miles with most teams, which is why sometimes, if a game isnt sold out, people close to the 200 mile radius will go visit family close to the 200 mile radius to be able to watch it on tv.

#64 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:14 AM

i hate it, i barely get to see falcons games, they better show them vs carolina 2moro or som1 will die

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#65 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:03 AM

bears
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#66 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:30 PM

Brady just got sports Ill. sportmen of the year .... go TOM !!!!!
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#67 kuniva

kuniva
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:32 PM

philly eagles fans.....ouch...

#68 Phibie

Phibie
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:42 PM

Indianapolis lost to the Chargers 26-17(i think) :(

Phibi - main / Survivor- 1a

#69 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

Tony Dungee is a master mind. His plan was to pull the starters and let them rest for the playoffs. But the fans woulda booed him outta Indy. So you put em out there to give a half assed proformance and lose the game. Now that the undefeated season is down the tubes the starters got 2 weeks to rest, and the fans are o.k. with that....lol

How bout that Mike Vick!!!
13 for 32 with 122 yards and 2 INT's. The could went to Cleveland and got Difler for 20 million and saved 80 million to get a QB like that...lol

#70 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:44 AM

if they win this week they clinch the division, but i dont think they are going to the superbowl sean alexander is good but he cant win the superbowl by himself

*knock knock*

Sounds like Seahawks are knocking at the homefield advantage throughout the playoffs..door...o yes and they are undefeated at home this year thus far. Homefield will be key for us and we will meet the Colts or the Bengels(my moneys on Cinci)in the Superbowl. Sure Alexander cant win the Superbowl by himself but with in my opinion the rookie of the year Lofa Tatupu(ilb), not to mention Hasselbeck(qb),Jerevicius(wr),Engram(wr),Stevens(wr) among others. Seahawks are doing better then they ever have this season and theres more to come. Playing the Colts this saturday it'll be close but im predicting..20-27 Seahawks over the Colts...

GO HAWKS!

Edited by Epic, 22 December 2005 - 01:45 AM.

#71 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:56 AM

Seahawks should have an easy win concidering Indy (As it stands right now) plans to sit the starters out. The win against Jacksonville gave them home field advantage and a first round bye. Dungy would be a complete idiot to put any of his starters in.

#72 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:01 AM

*knock knock* (from my previous post..........)

Who is it? O its you homefield advantage throughout the playoffs hows it going? Yes thats right with the win over Indi today..the Seahawks are 8-0 at home and will have a big advantage in the playoffs. Alexander tied the all time TD ammount in a season with 27 and gained 137 yards on the day giving him 1,807 this season making him only the 16th person in NFL history pass 1800 rushing yards in a season. Hasselbeck was on today completing 17 out of 21 passes(with 3 dropped passes)for 168 yards 2 TD's and 0 INT's.

Seahawks havnt won a playoff game since 1984 but this is the year..

GO SEAHAWKS

Edited by Epic, 25 December 2005 - 05:02 AM.

#73 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:04 AM

ive seen people on here say vick is over rated vick isnt worthy or nething but in all reality i play fantasy football on nfl.com and my league championship game has just ended i won 94-89 i took vick with my second overall pick in this years draft and ya know wut vick has posted some great numbers at times i find myself mins b4 kickoff trying to figure out who i should start vick or eli manning. this week vick got me 22 points against a so called top rated defense aka the bucs. when people say vick is over rater y dont ya take a step back and actually look at vicks #'s and compare em to the other so called top rated qb's. and if ur going by last years stats look at farve, cullpepper, and mcnabb. granite many will argue they have all lost their top recievers that its not their fault but how can u down vick who has been posting decent numbers who has proven time and time again he can pass if he wants to but he likes to make plays not wait for them to develop. take a step back b4 saying some1 aint all that good. and if ne1 is wondering i aint no falcons fan im a packers fan but im stating wut ive noticed throughout the season in the fantasy football prespective

EDIT: might i also include that if im not mistaken 2 or 3 years ago when vick went down with an injury early in the season the falcons finished out that year 5-11 winning only games when vick returned and this being a year after going 11-5

Edited by snizzlesnaps, 27 December 2005 - 06:19 AM.

#74 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

Once again-
Da bears.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#75 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:47 AM

Anyone selling any playoff tickets? I hear Mike Vick is looking to buy some.

Man is it hard to predict who is gonna be in the big game. Them Seahawks are on a role. Are all those weeks off going to hurt the Indy starters?

This is what I am predicting.

AFC Conference Championships
Indianapolis vs New England
New England wins 31-28

NFC Conference Championships
Seattle vs Chicago
Seattle wins 34-16

Super Bowl
New England wins again. I don't know what Tom Brady does in big games but he wins. I've watched him play many games and he really doesn`t do anything special. He's not a good rushing QB. He's got an average arm in terms of distance. He leaves players out to dry like any other QB. He isn't strong in any one area now that I think of it. The kid is just consistant. I guess consistant fits best.

#76 acehardware

acehardware
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:09 AM

falcons
chuck norris > all

#77 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:23 AM

falcons

Better watch em tomorrow. It's the last time you'll see em this season :(

#78 acehardware

acehardware
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

falcons

Better watch em tomorrow. It's the last time you'll see em this season :(

lol
chuck norris > all

#79 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

GO BEARS!

#80 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:09 AM

Denver as long as we don't run into those gd colts again this year. lolz
Jaded ingame.

#81 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:18 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9146079

#82 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

GO GIANTS!
Sublime - 1a.

#83 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

Just read this not to long ago..

"Colts, Seahawks both land four on All-Pro team

No other team had more than two All-Pros. Denver, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, San Diego, Tampa Bay, Chicago and the New York Giants each had two. Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, New England, Kansas City and Houston each had one. The Texans' kick returner, Jerome Mathis, was the only rookie selected.

Alexander made the team for the first time, the other Seahawks were tackle Walter Jones, guard Steve Hutchinson and fullback Mack Strong. Jones made it for the third time, Hutchinson for the second, and Strong for the first."

Thats what im talking about, superbowl here we come

#84 devilswar104

devilswar104
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:41 PM

Panthers rule all else suck :(
Page/memo Con, Hippie or Certified_Killer

#85 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

funny neither of the teams that made it to the superbowl are even a choice lol

#86 Phibie

Phibie
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:38 AM

Steelers beat Seahawks 21-10 :(

Phibi - main / Survivor- 1a

#87 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:00 AM

Yeah pretty lame Super Bowl. I'm glad the Bus finally got a ring and can retire in peace. But as for it being the super bowl it was kinda boring. I fell asleep 3 times watching it and finally gave up in the 4th quarter and called it a night.

GO BROWNS!!!

#88 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:59 AM

Da Bears.

I'm glad Pittsburg won though; I was rooting for them, the Bears, and the 49ers.
My favorite teams go in the opposite order (49ers, Bears, then Steelers)....

#89 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:48 AM

A poll from ESPNradio.com

How will you remember this Superbowl?

A competitive matchup - 18%

The Seahawks were robbed - 44%

The commercials - 3%

Wasnt that the one with the "XL" logo? - 35%

Total votes: 3913

payed off phukin refs

#90 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:30 AM

chris wtf u see that?? the bears are sending 6 to the pro bowl this year, 5 from defense and olin kreutz
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users