Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

maybe paul was just curious??

Maybe I suppose its possible lol

#63 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

Bout time that they can be killed, all they do is build up gold and experience pretty much unstoppable. Leave bombs the way they are. None of the paci's armor spells should deter the bomb damage. This is the only way we can stop the abuse of paci's using gp to stop enemy clans from getting a boss kill making it so only their clan hits at mort or by casting jz all the time. The class is for the most part abused so they should be able to face abuse back.

And who really cares if they did anything to deserve it or not, pvp is part of the game and always will be. By playing you take the risk of being killed by another player unless you are under lvl 5. Once you are lvl 5+ it's on you can be killed, face it. This was needed and now that it's found out will help control the pacifists.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#64 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

This is the only way we can stop the abuse of paci's using gp to stop enemy clans from getting a boss kill making it so only their clan hits at mort

And to any paci doing this GET OUT

Edited by Simon, 18 September 2006 - 06:43 PM.

#65 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

Agree with Ton'y post...

It does add more of a challenge to a class that is "non pkable".

(just when you think you are safe traveling around with your pockets filled with gold, lurking in the shadows could be a bomb thrower) :)

How exciting ! :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#66 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

This is the only way we can stop the abuse of paci's using gp to stop enemy clans from getting a boss kill making it so only their clan hits at mort

And to any paci doing this GET OUT

Seeing they won't "get out" us being able to now with bombs fits. Leave it as it is.

#67 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:15 PM

Everything is death and abuse now anyway. If we fix something, you gentlemen will simply find something else to abuse; and the only way to truly stop an abusive feature will involve huge uproars. How shallow you all are.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#68 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:10 PM

Everything is death and abuse now anyway. If we fix something, you gentlemen will simply find something else to abuse; and the only way to truly stop an abusive feature will involve huge uproars. How shallow you all are.

Sounds like you are just upset that Europa can die now and you may lose that #1 in exp ranking that paci's should never have been in in first place. They should have had their own because all they did was beat out the people that actually risked being killed to get that high up. Now that we have something that can kill a paci it's way to late now to knock them down in experience rankings. Bombs are fine way the way they are, paci's needed something to stop them now they have it.

#69 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:02 PM

Can I get a translation on the above post?
Si Senior!

#70 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

retarded:

imma buy a bunch of fire bombs and hunt crane o ye and idc wut u say, if ur a paci u deserve to die,talking all that trash and acting all tough think ur hawt shyt cause no-on can ill you, but watch out now cause if i catch ya its over, i hate fll ime apci users all igorant bunch of asshats.

English

I will buy 14 fire bombs and hunt Europa. Oh and I don't care what you say because if you are a pacifist you deserve to die. Talking all them peacefull words and acting all innocent. You're boring because no one can penetrate you. But watch out now. I'll catch you. It's over. I hate paci users. They are all ignorant bunches of flowers.

You are welcome.

#71 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

JLH is scheming, expect a change :)

give u 3 guesses and first 2 dont count on whos cryin bout pacis bein able to die now :)
Primex ingame

#72 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

I'm too lazy to read it all. But I'm going to guess its alot of paci bashing.

Should just keep the bombs able to hurt pacis, however their spells should protect them, orrrr the bombs to like half of their usual damage on a pacifist.

You guys have to remember that there is some players who start nightmist playing a pacifist and thats not very fair if they can't atleast attempt to defend themselves.

Although, sorry to bust your bubbles. This isn't the first time. /who mimosa. =]

#73 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:28 AM

There is one other thing that was overlooked, and Bunny talking about new players caused me to realise this...

Bombing runs bypass the 10-level difference PK barrier, and the level 5 minimum barrier too, so an Archmaster Druid, say, can easily chuck a bomb at an Initiate Pacifist.

Just one thing... it's a little bit sad to say that you will hunt and kill Europa just because you can, and especially only because he has a lot of experience. Pacifist or no Pacifist, it took a lot of time and effort to get it to that number, so initialising a bombing run on Europa just because his experience is excessive is somewhat immature.

Mind you, I am not concentrating the experience training on just Europa these days; Lotus is now at 750 million XP and I do plan to make him a Grandmaster Templar.

EDIT: Included the level 5 minimum barrier.

Edited by Crane, 19 September 2006 - 12:31 AM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#74 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:31 AM

Cherrycheesecake = a person that talks trash to me on mortal alts, yet rarely leaves town on his mortal alts. He will leave town long enough to kill mayor, to get a key for his pacifist to go into the museum. Then he sits on his paci to make gold for more mortal crits/equipment, that he will just sit on and talk more trash, while still never leaving town for more then 3 minutes at a time.

And I still do not believe that pacifists were introduced to game to prevent pking at all. I think that pacifists were added to game as a way for newer players to learn the map, while not being pkable. A way for newer players to be able to explore a little, and instead, the pacifist has been abused.

#75 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:35 AM

And I still do not believe that pacifists were introduced to game to prevent pking at all. I think that pacifists were added to game as a way for newer players to learn the map, while not being pkable. A way for newer players to be able to explore a little, and instead, the pacifist has been abused.

The only way to be sure of that is for it to come from JLH and Pandilex, especially the latter, for he developed the class for whatever original intentions he had planned.

Some people do unfortunately abuse the Pacifist class, but not all of them; there are some who use Pacifists to escape the PKing aspect of the game, and for them to be bombed into oblivion will drive those players from the game and further saturate the playerbase into something I feel is turning very unpleasant.

Remember also, especially these days with excessive alt counts, it is much faster to make gold with non-Pacifists. I have compared Europa with a party of my non-Pacifists in the museum; with the alts I can make sometimes over 600k on a single trip, as long as I am conservative with mana, while with Europa it takes over a week to make the same amount of gold, depending on how often you use Nightmist in a single day.

Edited by Crane, 19 September 2006 - 12:47 AM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#76 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:51 AM

To make it fair then, make bombs obey the same level rules as normal PvP, and then make bombs have a level requirement to use.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#77 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:39 AM

As long as no spells stop the damage of them sure.

#78 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:17 AM

retarded:

imma buy a bunch of fire bombs and hunt crane o ye and idc wut u say, if ur a paci u deserve to die,talking all that trash and acting all tough think ur hawt shyt cause no-on can ill you, but watch out now cause if i catch ya its over, i hate fll ime apci users all igorant bunch of asshats.

English

I will buy 14 fire bombs and hunt Europa. Oh and I don't care what you say because if you are a pacifist you deserve to die. Talking all them peacefull words and acting all innocent. You're boring because no one can penetrate you. But watch out now. I'll catch you. It's over. I hate paci users. They are all ignorant bunches of flowers.

You are welcome.

Lets start with a round of aplause for such a great post. 9/10 effort Cal nice job.

As for this arguement.... I don't care either way.

I will say though that a paci user is different than someone who just uses paci to protect clan members or their own alts. I think it's a little unfair that some of these people will be killed when they can't fight back, and did little if not nothing to deserve it.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#79 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:39 AM

but isnt that part of the game, to kill ppl and be killed? or am i wrong
Primex ingame

#80 Guava

Guava
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:11 PM

well i for 1 have never abused the class... and making gold on a paci is not quicker... cos on mortal crits i can make about 5 times as much as on paci.
i realy dont see wat people have against them so much... and ther are plenty of paci out ther that dont abuse, believe me...
Maybe if you all stop wanting to bomb the hell outa them just cos they are paci you could see this.
they are a fun class and i feel its unfair to have no defense against bombs wat so ever.
Guess most of this comes down to the hatefull nature of most of the playerbase, i donno.

change is needed... it is obvious some of you never use paci's so the unbalance is in ur favour so you dont care. basically greed.. but watever.

Enjoy

Guava/Wasp
The Pacifist Lover

Edited by Guava, 19 September 2006 - 03:12 PM.

#81 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:11 PM

Personally... I'd like to get nuclear :)

Mwahahahahaha

#82 Lightning

Lightning
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

not being funny, but consider the following:

1/ why would someone spend money making bombs to kill a level 1 pacifist? ... they wont..

2/ dying is a huge part of the game, players kill, traps kill, monsters kill, bombs kill... everyone is killed..

3/ crane mentioned 'hunting' him down was immature, yet i can guarantee at any point in the game, there are a number of people sitting and waiting to pk, not caring who the victim is (besides allys/friends), or even waiting for a specific person - either way, this behaviour is natural really

-------

im not too fussed how this argument turns out, since i dont use pacis and i dont really feel the urge to spend all my gold to make/buy bombs to kill a paci that may have some gold on them, its much easier to hit parties of morts as they have more gold :) lol
-Quark/Sonic ingame-

* Earn Money For 5 Minutes Each Day

#83 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:32 AM

tbh a lvl cap on bombs or -10 attacking level wont change anything.. im only going after arch pacifists making money any how...training or mapping pacifists carry no where near as much cash. not like im going to waiste one of my rare bombs killing a mini pacifist for some mana and 5k lol
Same as most i will be going for arch pacifist's on an arch crit in one of the training grounds where i can drop them and gain large amounts of gold

edit secondary use:
20 arch thiefs hitting CG equiped with axe's (persanaly i think this is far to powerfull any how but thats another story) they hide behind a pacifist with JZ, run in on rangers with no hope of getting the drop as the thiefs hit for like twice as much, so drop the pacifist with a bomb and rape the unprotected thiefs before taking the kill at mort. hey presto!

Edited by Snoopy, 20 September 2006 - 06:36 AM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#84 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

bombs go for what? 40k a bomb?

most people wont want to waste more than 3 and when they do they will hardly make any money when the y get a cr but it will take 5+ to kill someone

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 20 September 2006 - 03:50 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#85 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well i hope they dont change anything. Because this will allow me to go get lots and lots of bombs... forcing prices to go up... so people can have the chance to annoy the hell out of crane by killing europa after buying my bombs:)

Get rich quick schemes are the best things ever.

#86 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:11 AM

Well i hope they dont change anything. Because this will allow me to go get lots and lots of bombs... forcing prices to go up... so people can have the chance to annoy the hell out of crane by killing europa after buying my bombs:)

Get rich quick schemes are the best things ever.

Dude it's cool that you have a sick desire to kill pacifists and be an entrepenour, but constantly picking on one person over and over in the same thread is a little weak. Leave the personal attacks to the game not the forum.

Having said that, bombs away.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#87 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

lol.. Ok. You can all kill my pacifist to.. if you find out what it's called.

And on that bombshell...

It's time to end the show.

Dude.

#88 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

This fuss will die down within a short time span.

I think after a couple of weeks of fussing this will die down and people will notice that they aren't really having problems using their pacifists.
The only cases that might look are are people who never bother to go back to town to deposit gold or sit around on the museum (which not many do anymore anyway)----so how are players actually going to find pacifists off in awkward exploring places?

I would also say- if pacifists can be killed by bombs, why would any level or class rule apply to bombs? I think bombs would be capable of killing any class, level, etc---it's what a bomb does.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#89 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

Some paci users have been in the Dungeons also. I bombed a pacifist in dungeons, but made 200k, instead of the 350k I made off one in the museum.

#90 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:49 PM

I think we should introduce a little thing to bombs. The ability to have a small chance of blowing off limbs... Leaving the victims to be eaten by the birds!

Because we all know.. bombs don't just do damage. THEY DO DAMAGE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users