Photo

Should Nm Multi Have Pk Turned Back On?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should NM Multi have PK turned back on?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

The classes will be the same as before, even given the new stamina i.e. Zerks>Everything else on the game even with ridiculous equipment, don't believe me? Ask Mark what happened when we dueled :ph34r:

Not necessarily true... a long time ago, before 1-alt and before extra stamina, I faced a Thief and a Berserker in a 2 vs 1 duel with Crane (a Paladin)... and I won. We were all level 30. Of course, things may be different with higher levels, and a Ranger with a Cobalt Bow certainly gives Crane a run for his money.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#62 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

I totally disagree with Rafa, just because people traded their stuff for 1alt you wanna reset so the players who didnt trade their stuff loses out? I don't think so, reset will never happen I dont think but if it did I would seriously leave the game for good as well as alot of other players.

I dont agree with lowering the alt limit, it was put to 20 and should stay at 20.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#63 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Lol Resetting main would get people to quit not play or even come back.

The people agree'ing or making reset suggestions are obviously the people who have nothing on multi.

so i disagree on resetting
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#64 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

I would certainly not be happy if the multi-alt server was reset. I rolled Europa in February 2004 (when I had not properly grasped the importance of perfect stats!) and Crane in April 2004, and have trained them up ever since... that's nearly 5 years (crumbs, have I been playing that long?!). If I suddenly lost them along with some of the rares I've collected, I would not bother to start again.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#65 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

I've already posted this a million times before on other topics, but if the server was reset and I lost everything on this game that I have been playing for a good many years, I as a member of the staff team and a fellow player of the game would never support a full reset, and if it was ever to happen I would quit as a player and chances are high I would as staff as well..
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#66 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

there's no point in complaining about the people who sold their stuff for 1a..it's not a one way street. just find someone wanting to buy 1a things and trade back
Page me on Heritage

#67 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Shouldnt have traded your multi stuff and just trained things up on 1alt like everyone else.

#68 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

The classes will be the same as before, even given the new stamina i.e. Zerks>Everything else on the game even with ridiculous equipment, don't believe me? Ask Mark what happened when we dueled ;)

Not necessarily true... a long time ago, before 1-alt and before extra stamina, I faced a Thief and a Berserker in a 2 vs 1 duel with Crane (a Paladin)... and I won. We were all level 30. Of course, things may be different with higher levels, and a Ranger with a Cobalt Bow certainly gives Crane a run for his money.

That could just come down to the skill of the player tbh, as any 2 one clickers should be able to kill you unless they got very unlucky with misses, and besides everyone has cobalts nowadays don't they :ph34r:
Si Senior!

#69 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

The classes will be the same as before, even given the new stamina i.e. Zerks>Everything else on the game even with ridiculous equipment, don't believe me? Ask Mark what happened when we dueled :)

That could just come down to the skill of the player tbh, as any 2 one clickers should be able to kill you unless they got very unlucky with misses, and besides everyone has cobalts nowadays don't they :ph34r:

Not everybody :) ;)

#70 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:11 AM

Well if not a full Reset i recomend to reset back to when it was pk cause how fair is it
That every1 that got main made tons of gold/gain lvls Easy cause no pk if thats the case
make 1 alt no pk for like 5-6 months and see how rich/ all the good items i would have and rdy to pk and have bout 5 lvl 35+. other then that i recomend to keep 1 server for pk only or there will be alot of crying i wont play multi if ya just made it pk. if ya gave it a lil more time about 6-8 more months of no pk to atlease let people catch up and get back in the game if ya make it pk
Astinus on 1alt Only

#71 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

So.. reset back to before NOPK was added... and...

1) Lose the areas and bosses that were added during that time?

2) Everything those players that kept playing main weather it was pk or not did during that time they loser, all the exp, gold, items, lvl, characters, rolls, EVERYTHING they did.. because you guys went to 1alt...

Now how is that fair to them? They lose out on there time/effort because you guys don't want to behind?

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#72 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

It's simple think.

There is not going to be a reset. A reset will not happen. No one is even considering a reset. There isn't going to be a little reset, a big reset, or a partial reset. Free will lead you to leave main for one-alt. I myself started from scratch on one-alt. Traded to main eventualy. While giving away most of my one-alt. Suck it up and play or don't. There are people who stayed loyal to main and kept there stuff. No one forced anyone to trade cross server. It's not a discussion. There never was one about it. Talking about it is pointless. Either you're going to play or not. It's that simple. Why would they make it pk because those that play main asked for it. Just to strip the people who play main of everything they have. That would be silly. Why would JLH and Crew cater to those that want a reset when they are the ones who where not loyal. Those of us that posted a short while ago about this only wanted it so that in passing or if we felt like fighting at a boss we could. Personally i don't care if anyone else plays. I hope the people who are crying about the reset are the ones that don't play. Those are the ones who will show thier ass constantly. Anyways glad it's getting turned back on. Thank you John.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#73 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

how about someone cater to the guys who had their accounts sold?

<
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#74 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

Well if not a full Reset i recomend to reset back to when it was pk cause how fair is it
That every1 that got main made tons of gold/gain lvls Easy cause no pk if thats the case
make 1 alt no pk for like 5-6 months and see how rich/ all the good items i would have and rdy to pk and have bout 5 lvl 35+. other then that i recomend to keep 1 server for pk only or there will be alot of crying i wont play multi if ya just made it pk. if ya gave it a lil more time about 6-8 more months of no pk to atlease let people catch up and get back in the game if ya make it pk

How is it not fair when YOU decided to trade your main stuff for 1a stuff? There's no point to reset in any way when it was your own free will to give up all you had on main and they didn't, now you want them to go back to where they were when you decided to give up your stuff? Hah, you make me laugh at your ignorance. You shoulda kept your stuff or played to keep up with everyone, instead you got lazy and decided to get rid of it all. Sounds like a personal problem if you ask me.

Edited by Defeat, 05 January 2009 - 04:49 AM.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#75 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

lol kk i never said i traided main for 1 alt. i quit main few years before 1 alt
i said SOME PEOPLE.and since main was never active i decided to join 1 alt were every1 was
but i dont really care not like imma play main if its get pk turn back on lol would be pointless to try to start all over and have every1 sitting waiting for a pk lol
Astinus on 1alt Only

#76 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

Btw thats Rafa on my screen name typing. My opinion is turn it on let nm be played like it used to before and let 1 alt die it was a mess anyways. The token system for 1 alt is stupid as hell u need to wish to have enough people on to kill them. This will ruin some peoples lives from 1 alt but who cares :ph34r:
Astinus on 1alt Only

#77 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

i agree with rafa actually.. kinda anyways.. i quit main well before 1alt came out.. but it would be pretty pointless to play something that your 7years behind everyone else at lol... thats why so many people came back for 1a..because it was fresh..but i dont think a reset would be fair, im just saying that i damn sure wont bother with it lol...

on a side note, i dont think main to 1a trading should have ever been allowed..but as staff said "it would be to hard to monitor".. oh well..

#78 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

also agree with rob.. if main gets all the people that i think it might(key word there bitches, dont bother flaming me) then the token system will be even gayer than it already is lol...

mike is a good example.. he is all alone in his own clan.. if the token system didnt exist alot of other people would be in smaller clans and the game would probably be alot funner.. or even if it just didnt require so many players to work together... considering it takes atleast half of everyone online to kill em lol...

#79 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

i have to agree with ryan the token system is flawed atm it could use some tweaking specially if ppl go back to main

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#80 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

AGGREED JLH if u are making main pk do something with the token system for 1 alt plz, remove thier heals and give them some more hp or something.

Edited by Payne, 05 January 2009 - 09:41 AM.

Astinus on 1alt Only

#81 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

One more thing you may want to fix before you turn pk on for main is this:
Change exp loss from its current state of 1.5 mil per death back to it's original way of 1/2 of 1%.

All your exp belong to me now.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#82 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

I don't see why your all complaining about being so far behind that people will be waiting to pk you... Nightmist has a big map with plenty of places to train where no one would bother to go to pk you and I mean plenty. Secondly, as far everyone being miles ahead of you, put in some solid training and you will be at a level where you can compete with everyone else quite easily.
Si Senior!

#83 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

Change exp loss from its current state of 1.5 mil per death back to it's original way of 1/2 of 1%.

I don't for see this being changed... it was put in on main because of the ammount of crits you use on main compared to on 1alt.. You get pked, or run in to a trap, or anything, on 1alt, you are losing exp on that one character, now if you get pked, or run in to a trap on main, most people are losing it on 20 crits... now think... 1.5m *20 Crits = 30m exp you have to remake... Now if it was changed back and you are losing the .5% or what ever it was before.. people with 20 crits get thier party pked or run in to traps (which is highly more likely on main with areas like the shifting sands) You are losing 100+m exp you have to replace....

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#84 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be changed back to .5 instead of the 1.5m rule. Sure you lose exp on all the crits if you get raped at a 20v20 or you run into a trap, but who's fault is that? The reason I believe it was put on to 1a was to slow down the exp a little bit and stop the suicide pkers. If pk is on main and its still 1.5 there will still be suiciders. With the 1.5m taken off and the .5 back in place it will make people think about who they wanna try to steal a boss kill from or how long they wanna mess around in an area they don't know to well. And as for the you lose exp on all the crits, I'll bring up that its harder to train 1crit solo then it is to train 20crits in a party. Hance's + Rfs plus god knows where you train. And just becuase pk is turned back on doesnt mean you are going to be camp killed all the time Nightmist is huge and you can go anywhere with 20alts.
Logos.

#85 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Really I think the cap should stay at the 1.5m rule. When it was at .5 people abused the system etc, setting off minor trips with a protected mage when on the square. If the .5 comes back, then 1alt should also be changed.

And really how many people that are complaining about this play the main server and play alot?
Cry me a river!

#86 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

Really I think the cap should stay at the 1.5m rule. When it was at .5 people abused the system etc, setting off minor trips with a protected mage when on the square. If the .5 comes back, then 1alt should also be changed.

And really how many people that are complaining about this play the main server and play alot?

1alt is .5 it was changed back not to long ago and that is why Walt is saying main should be changed back. Honestly, its easier to train on the mulit alt server we all no that but then on top of that you wanna keep the 1.5m loss on a death so it becomes even easier.
Logos.

#87 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

I don't for see this being changed... it was put in on main because of the ammount of crits you use on main compared to on 1alt.. You get pked, or run in to a trap, or anything, on 1alt, you are losing exp on that one character, now if you get pked, or run in to a trap on main, most people are losing it on 20 crits... now think... 1.5m *20 Crits = 30m exp you have to remake... Now if it was changed back and you are losing the .5% or what ever it was before.. people with 20 crits get thier party pked or run in to traps (which is highly more likely on main with areas like the shifting sands) You are losing 100+m exp you have to replace....

You all asked for this, to be the way it was. So why have the risk of loosing hard earned exp too. Why is or should it be different for one server and not the other? Pking brings great fun for some, and a new challenge again to the main server. You risk pking, you should def risk a larger chunk of your exp. You risk staying to fight the pkers, you should risk a big chunk of your exp.

1A was changed to 0.005 exp loss a while back because there was pking going on. It was never supposed to be changed to begin with. I honestly think the exp loss due to death should be signifigantly higher due to the fact that you are out purposely trying to harm someone elses characters, and if you fail a great loss should happen. 0.005 is a bit low if you ask me.

Seems you want all of the pking fun back, but without any of the pking risks.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#88 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

The token system on 1alt is fine the way it is. The main thing with the 1alt server was that there was to be co-operation to accomplish goals. They didn't want anything simple that 1-2 people could do by themselves easily. If you choose to be ignorant and unkind to people, and in return they don't want to help you and you don't have enough to get your tokens that is your own problem. No one said you had to act that way.(No this was not directed toward any specific person)
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#89 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

You all asked for this, to be the way it was. So why have the risk of loosing hard earned exp too. Why is or should it be different for one server and not the other? Pking brings great fun for some, and a new challenge again to the main server. You risk pking, you should def risk a larger chunk of your exp. You risk staying to fight the pkers, you should risk a big chunk of your exp.

1A was changed to 0.005 exp loss a while back because there was pking going on. It was never supposed to be changed to begin with. I honestly think the exp loss due to death should be signifigantly higher due to the fact that you are out purposely trying to harm someone elses characters, and if you fail a great loss should happen. 0.005 is a bit low if you ask me.

Seems you want all of the pking fun back, but without any of the pking risks.

Walt, do you really know anything of what you are talking about?? Main is alot different to when you played, I really think you need to stfu and get on with your own life on 1alt and stop telling staff what to do with a server you don't even play. The fact is it hasn't nothing at all to do with you so keep your nose out ok?
Cry me a river!

#90 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

He wants to try and spoil the fun for those who left 1alt to play multi again.... Walt is the biggest poon i know on 1alt and trust me theres alot of people i despise but Walt just straight damn pisses me off.

And before he gets defended by the rest of the poon squad no not because he pk's but he is just generally a retard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users