Photo

Who Would Leave If P2p Came In?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: whould u leave if p2p came in? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

whould u leave if p2p came in?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Mnemic

Mnemic
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

Lots of people will stay. Everyone moaned about how everyone would leave when they reset the game... most people didn't, and now it's FAR bigger than it ever was. The same thing will happen with NM2.

The game is in desperate need of a reset. As soon as a new area/boss monster is released, hundreds of level 30s swarm over the area, and within a week of release most people have the item. That is pathetic and needs sorting out.

I will only even consider playing NM2 if it is reset. Otherwise me, and most other people, won't bother.

/nod

#62 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

the games fine as it is, no need for a reset or any payment thing the donations are keeping it kosher. the truth is everyone i know/respect on the game would leave, thus leaving the roleplaying people :unsure: and the damn right tossers.

gl if it does go p2p tho should be interesting to see who the best person would be cus i bet the top 10 people leave the game asap.

Edited by Tom, 22 December 2004 - 03:56 PM.

Feck Off

#63 SABE

SABE
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:13 PM

heh so we will again waste time on rolling crits and i wonder there will be a beta test thingy before ppl start paying :unsure:
ñøt tø s€rv€ îñ HeÂv€n øñ€ dÂY ruL€ îñ H€LL

#64 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:43 PM

gl if it does go p2p tho should be interesting to see who the best person would be cus i bet the top 10 people leave the game asap.

Top 10 current people maybe, but I can guarantee that a lot of the old decent people would come back. The only reason that the top 10 people are in the top 10 is because they have been playing longer. Most of them are just noobs that got a lucky drop that sold for a lot of money, or got given stuff.

#65 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:47 PM

there will NOT be an open beta of p2p nm2, so don't even ask
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#66 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

the games fine as it is, no need for a reset or any payment thing the donations are keeping it kosher. the truth is everyone i know/respect on the game would leave, thus leaving the roleplaying people :unsure: and the damn right tossers.

I am staying and I am 4th best at least and I would gladly pay ed/bills way as well so not as many top players leaveing as you think
Page/Memo Beatrix

#67 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:14 PM

All the 'good' players will lose their stuff anyway, so NM2 will have a completely new set of 'good' players that will deserve far more than the current ones (most of them anyway).

#68 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

All the 'good' players will lose their stuff anyway, so NM2 will have a completely new set of 'good' players that will deserve far more than the current ones (most of them anyway).

no because the best people will know all the tricks on how to train etc there for makeing them be on top yet again
Page/Memo Beatrix

#69 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:52 AM

the games fine as it is, no need for a reset or any payment thing the donations are keeping it kosher. the truth is everyone i know/respect on the game would leave, thus leaving the roleplaying people  :unsure:  and the damn right tossers.

I am staying and I am 4th best at least and I would gladly pay ed/bills way as well so not as many top players leaveing as you think

yeah cause the ketchup bandits are too cheap... and wont your mom get mad having to pay for your account AND theirs? ;|

and

no because the best people will know all the tricks on how to train etc there for makeing them be on top yet again

uh nm2s gonna have new maps so how will people know?they wont tard.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#70 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:13 AM

Will the connection speed be quicker for overseas players?

#71 ØWÑÅG£

ØWÑÅG£
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:55 AM

ppl will stay if thers another reset....bt if u make it p2p...i dunno

#72 DarkLord

DarkLord
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

Damn I've lost count and my head hurts, but I couldn't do it sorry. This game has been through a lot and all, but I couldn't pay for it.
I remember when ebony was running around the game so it would sadden me to leave but I guess I'd have to say bye if p2p starts.
The touch of death is never gentle.

#73 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

None of the people that were 'powerful' pre-reset gained any power afterwards really, it wasn't due to lack of knowledge of the maps, or interest in the game at the time - but the 'days of fun' (instant level 30's, constant moshes/events with high level quest items as prizes) which preceded it attracted the wrong kind of player and before we knew it post reset was swamped with a bunch of mindless powergamers using a battalion of alts to kill snakes and bears. I had no interest in playing such a game as a player, and over time my interest in it as a staff member waned - I disliked the way cyric was treated by the community as a whole, and that made me become inactive for a while. Having to tweak my area's so that they were more suitable for people using 10 alts was the final straw, and I haven't really played since except on a pacifist, which would have been a really cool class if it hadn't been abused. Based on the reasons for my declining activity, and the fact similar reasons could be found for the other 'powerful' people pre-reset's disappearance, there's no reason why the same people that are powerful now won't remain so after the upcoming reset (if there is one) as I can't see there being any major shifts in the way the game is designed, it'd be less profitable.

I wouldn't pay to play, just because I can't stand to play such a game where everything revolves around mindless/honorless pvp even when it's free. If an alt limit is introduced in this new game you're talking about then maybe I would play, but honestly I think it'd be in JLH's best interest to keep the game the way it is now if he wants to generate cash - I've been playing muds for years, the one I'm playing right now which I don't want to post the name of is probably the best I've played, and even that peaks at 30 or so players. Offering a mindless powertrip for everyone is more profitable and popular it seems.

#74 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 12:43 PM

all the tricks? the maps change, the classes may change, the spells change, the skills change, the entire game changes. The only way they'd be top is if they wasted their life playing NM2 constantly just to be the best.. which is quite sad really.

#75 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:56 PM

Will the connection speed be quicker for overseas players?

If it goes P2p I would expect a much faster server, mainly because even if 50 people are playing, i cant see any body paying for more then 3 alts at a time, thus there wont be people running around with 15 crits lagging every one else.
Would be a good idea i would pay.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#76 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:15 PM

trust me snoopy i will be on tons of alts in due time and since it will be less lagg i can log on tons of em WHOOT!! lol
Astinus on 1alt Only

#77 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:23 PM

That is why an alt limit needs to be added.

#78 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:27 PM

15 alts would cost like $90 a year!
Thas to much for a txt based game such as this lol
3 is plenty!
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#79 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

and notice that if u break $90 between me and jose = $45 a year Easy as pie
Astinus on 1alt Only

#80 Super Joop

Super Joop
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:20 PM

Super Joop spent all his money on cakes. :unsure:

#81 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:52 PM

yeh we cheap. no we juss wont pay to play a text based game, so if neone pays to play it, yeh spell out loser for me
Primex ingame

#82 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:15 PM

Can someone answer the question as to when this p2p nm2 is going to happen??
I know it has been rumoured for a long time now. Just when is it going to start?
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#83 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:21 PM

points to three posts from jlh that everyone on this thread so far has over looked, NM2 will be a one alt limit, old Nm will still exist.. Nm 2 will eventually come but not soon.
The rebirth is coming, is he god or devil? The fires of Sol are burning. May they burn your fingers.

#84 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:59 AM

i see most people still playing nm1 maybe a few here and there playing nm2 thjere prolly wont be as many donations as there is now due to people will think ok people r paying to play nm2 so i shouldnt have to donate. even with all the new stuff thats supposed to be in nm2 most people wont pay to play a text based game. i would still play nm1 until jlh seen that not many people were donating nemore and that nm2 hasnt attracted as many people as originally planned and totally took out nm1. i just see pay to play as useless and would bring in less money than free based game

#85 SABE

SABE
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 09:56 AM

was thinking to play but wasted too much time for nm
and dont wanna lose any crits and dont wanna pay for all of them
and dont wanna play from lvl 1 again heh
ñøt tø s€rv€ îñ HeÂv€n øñ€ dÂY ruL€ îñ H€LL

#86 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 10:04 AM

I'm dying for it. Although I am but 13 years old, money is no problem because odd jobs are in bloom. If Nm2 came out, and EVERYONE WHO PLAYED, started over, all level 1s, new maps, new bosses, new quests, I believe I would make the money and pay for it at least for a few months.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#87 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:29 AM

Ok this is funny........ money is the main hang up here am i right? 1 alt limit so I'd guess that a max of about 6 characters for different trips would be levelled? $3 a month times 12 is $36 dollars a year........£20. Id love to know who in the world whether it be christmas money or spare cash hasnt got £20 a year.

However here are my alternative solutions.

1) £10 per account (Max 5 characters per account) per year
2) Sell old CD's on Ebay, raise cash in paypal account and BOOM
3) Sell old games at cash converters or Gamestation (UK people)
4) Play NM1 keep all your old gear and crits and keep your fix or NM life.
5) JLH brings the server offline on 1st January each year until £x to run the server for a year is reached (Kinda like a fundraiser) and forget P2P each month
6) Organise fundraisers (Clean cars etc) to raise funds for JLH's server.
7) Find another game
8) Work with JLH and Simon NOT against them and make it work and stop the bitching
9) Make playing free but make levelling cost 50 cents (Will encourage people to become the best or die because they are low level) level 10+
10) Make it token free up til level 10 and then P2P afterwards.

Now im sure events during the year will contain free tokens so train hard, play fairly and utilise the game.

Heres another idea JLH . . . extra server money . . . give the option of say £5 to IMPORT a character from NM1 assuming the stat system is the same in NM 2. That way people can take thier hard earned characters over and quit whining.

Im all for it but with work and my life paying each month seems a little hard as i might get on 2 times in one month so im all up for yearly fees! Ill probably have like 3 characters on NM2

Tienno
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

#88 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:44 PM

Did some research on pay to play MuDs (yes, MuDs - not MMORPGs)

DragonRealms - $14.95 a month (post 30 day trial)
Faction Earth - $3.99 a month
Inferno - $19.95 a month (post 30 day trial - and on Telnet no less)
Firestorm - $5 a month (also Telnet)
Legends of Cosrin - $4.50 a month

I assume that's all for unlimited characters though I'm sure some'll charge you like 10 cents for additional ones after the first (that's how FFXI does it).

NM2 - $0.50 a month per character

(As a side note, if you google those names and go to their homepages, they are shiny games with concept art, intriguing story-lines, tons of skills, and their PvP systems don't consist of lying in wait at Arilin's 4-way and jumping out of invisibility when a level 20 fighter walks along)

Edit: JLH, the client will be free to download, right? We're not going to have to send you like an odd 50 big ones to you in exchange for a CD?

Edited by Squee, 30 December 2004 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#89 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

a) as for shiny, pandilex always has some wonderful stuff in development, and is just waiting for me to get some more coding done first so that he can let the creativity flow.
b) client will be free to download.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#90 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:54 PM

nm2 is going to be one alt, right? I can't remember if that was stated or not...

Edit: Nevermind, saw lich's post saying JLH said it would, thanks.

Edited by Sneaky, 31 December 2004 - 08:55 PM.

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users