Nightmist Needs Saving

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:06 AM

Einstein's theory of insanity is someone doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. If your newb goes to the same place to kill the same thing and gets killed 10 times in a row, then he is a moron and that is a good way to weed out the people who will be a complete waste of server space.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#62 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

How rude :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#63 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Nah hes got a point lol

#64 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:39 AM

Proves my point that this game is not NEW player friendly :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#65 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:51 AM

even if no one ruins a new player's experience, there's only a dozen or two dozen players online. ever. so how do players foster a friendly enviroment? new players are just as likely to be walking through a ghost town much of their early days, where most people online are ignoring them, or afk. that's less friendly in the end than pking. the people who pk'd me as a noob were some of my best friends in this game, but with as much limited and apathetic interaction that remains in NM i don't imagine this game is friendly to new players either, but for different reasons.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#66 Thalaric

Thalaric
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

First I would like to say hello to all I havnt met. Second I say hello to all those I have.

I am one of these new players you guys are talking about. And for the most part, you are right. NM is a very hard game to get into. I have been looking around for guides or anything to tell me about places. I have only been able to find some links to maps. Which is okay but some are outdated. And no site has all the maps. If im curious about someplaces I have to change back and forth. Anyway Im off topic.

I would say I have been very lucky to meet a few people to help me. Froggystyle pretty much pulled me under his wing my first night and showed me how to lvl my cleric and even gave me a lvl 10 fighter to help me kill stuff with. I learned that this game has to be played by 5 or more alts at a time. Its tough getting used to that. Alt tab f1f1 f1 alt tab f1f1f1. Over and Over. Only ever ran into a pk a few times and it was a welcome break to have 20 alts beat my cleric and fighter down. If anyone has any way to track down what is good gear and where I would talk some of my dudes level let me know. I havnt found anything for that either. Looking forward to seeing you. My guys I use are
Polkin
Thalaric
Alkion
Thal

#67 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

Hello there - the best way to determine good equipment is to go around the many shops in the cities and look up the library descriptions for the items using the /library command (e.g. /library Oak Vest), and then make comparisons to decide what is best and what is within your price range. You might find some bargains on the trading part of the website, including items that are only dropped by monsters and bosses and are not shop-bought, e.g. the Halberd.

Edited by Crane, 06 January 2007 - 02:55 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#68 Thalaric

Thalaric
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:16 AM

Well when it comes to the equipment asspect I have been pretty much winging it with my people as I go along. I do know the /library thing but one thing I have problems with is determing all that there is to do in NM. Like, its gonna take me months before I can step away from some of these places because I need to build up a whole team of peeps and money just to be able to see most of what the game offers.

#69 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

Travelling from town to town isn't too hard with even just one mid-level crit... getting a crit to Harabec is trickier, getting to Silversail takes some effort and getting to Tirantek takes even more effort!! You can find most of the good equipment in the easily-accessible cities.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#70 Thalaric

Thalaric
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

So ive gotten my fighter to lvl 15 and with the blade of honor and 4 attacks has def made it fun to run around and kill stuff faster! Makes leveling a breaze right now. Made it from 15-17 in an hour!!

#71 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

it is nice to get the extra stam. keep goin and you'll get up there in no time
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#72 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:17 AM

Quote "gonna take me months before I can step away from some of these places because I need to build up a whole team of peeps and money just to be able to see most of what the game offers."

Yep thats Nightmist inna nutshell !

It is hard when your new to the game to get started. Your doing well so don't give up ! :)

#73 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:00 AM

I disagree, give up on trying to train, cuz the PKers will get ya, I'm j/k i don't think there are ever ppl actually pking anymore so u should be able to do anything you want unlike when my generation began this game. Have fun and if ya need advice memo fiasco.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#74 Thalaric

Thalaric
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

And who said this place wasnt frielndly? Thanks for the motivation guys :) I havnt had to many pkers to worry about as of yet.. Hopefully that stays that way til I have a few more levels and can hope to run away fast enough lol :)

#75 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

you dont have to worry until like lv 20ish, thats when the level 30s can kill you, which isnt nice at all, but it happens. :)
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#76 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:02 PM

And who said this place wasnt frielndly? Thanks for the motivation guys :) I havnt had to many pkers to worry about as of yet.. Hopefully that stays that way til I have a few more levels and can hope to run away fast enough lol :)

It's friendly because they have no motivation to be a jerk yet - once you hit level 30 and have a few alts the smack talk will start because they feel the need to justify their sad existence and the hundreds of hours they've been forced to spend on leveling 20+ characters just to compete with everyone else. It's sad but true.

Edited by Malavon, 10 January 2007 - 02:03 PM.

#77 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

NM in a nut shell lol
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#78 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

The majority does feel the need to talk trash to try and establish themselves a 'name' on this game. However, the best players in the game do not need to talk trash to earn the reputation as a good player. How often have you seen Gaddy, Sleeping, Fallen, Mono, or Aeryn talking trash? I would guess very seldom, if ever. People realize their greatness and accomplishments in the game and grant them their respect. Point is, if everyone would simply let their actions do the talking, rather than trying to boost their self confidence via trying to bring someone else down, this place would be a much friendlier environment, and in turn much more enjoyable.
Autek in game.

#79 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:31 PM

lol im not gona pick all the holes in that last statement :)
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#80 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

i always laugh when people kill noobs south of nm and think they're all big and bad. til you come down on alts and kill them when they try to attack your lower level crit and they say "oh i didn't know that was you". or even better, when they page you after they kill your low level and say "you can train now, i'll stop pking you". always good for a laugh haha
Page me on Heritage

#81 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

i always laugh when people kill noobs south of nm and think they're all big and bad. til you come down on alts and kill them when they try to attack your lower level crit and they say "oh i didn't know that was you". or even better, when they page you after they kill your low level and say "you can train now, i'll stop pking you". always good for a laugh haha

haha I aint going to say a thing!!

love ya
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#82 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:10 AM

if the world talked trash.. We'd have a better chance at defeating global warming :)

#83 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:06 AM

not really :o cause the second you mention to an american :) something like:

What country is the largest source of global warming pollution?

The United States. Though Americans make up just 4 percent of the world's population, they produce 25 percent of the carbon dioxide pollution from fossil-fuel burning -- by far the largest share of any country. In fact, the United States emits more carbon dioxide than China, India and Japan, combined. Clearly America ought to take a leadership role in solving the problem. And as the world's top developer of new technologies, they are well positioned to do so -- they already have the know-how.

They would lose thier wigs and say its not true :P

http://www.nrdc.org/...ming/f101.asp#7

:)
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#84 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:07 AM

pls bengaladesh is the top developer of new technologies, and this has gone off topic :)

SAVE NIGHTMIST!

/cheer

N-I-G-H-T-M-I-S-T

Go! Go! Go!
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#85 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

MORE REASONS TO DISLIKE AMERICANS!

#86 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

Dislike us all ya like, cuz noone is going to do anything to us that will do more than just piss us off.....ex. 9/11,Pearl Harbor, me pwning u :)

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#87 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

stop the stupidity about americans. they are a nation and race which believe they are right no matter what and even if they are not they claim they will just nuke everything in there path lol (which we al know isnt going to happen cause the UN would crack a wip right quick) i find it very funny that americans shield them selves from the rest of the world buy not teaching anything about anywhere else accept america in the school systems, and then they think everyone is the enemy and they must invade and assimilate them. (for thoes of you who dont know what assimilate means, its the term used when your trying to make someone like you)

and no im not american but i did take american history, it cracks me up that you think the founding fathers of your countrys were heroes sent by kings to settle new land when in reality they were petty theifs and or casted off they're land by scotish land lords

as far as saving nightmist goes. the only thing anyone could do to help us is reset the game or make this into a PVM and not so much PVP, and maybe make this game an attraction for newer players.

im sure this post will be flamed like always cause im the canadian with the "dumb ideas" lol

Edited by eclypse, 11 January 2007 - 04:01 PM.

Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#88 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

Actually The U.S. has fallen way behind in technology, the asian countries are far more advanced. This is due to the fact the American Education system is weak.
I recently read a poll that shows foreign countries actually are more educated about geography and the US government than the average United States citizen. :)

#89 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

i still think double the hp of all crits in game was a sound idea lol, make you hit the same, and monsters hit for more, clerics heal for more, but PVP makes it takes far longer to kill people lol Hitting a fighter trainign with 700hp... 3x arch thiefs at least reaally to drop it

#90 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

Clerics (and thus Paladins) healing for more, as well as doubling HP, will make it virtually impossible to ever kill one of those classes in a duel, or even with PKing if the player can react fast enough to an ambush attempt. Doubling HP along with monster damage will certainly give players a greater chance of defending themselves against an ambush of covert thieves, but heal spells should be kept at the same strength.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users