Paci's And Greater Pact

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#31 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

No, admins didn't intend for thieves to power train-- thats why it has been removed. If they didn't intend them to be able to steal from every monster in an area, they would have edited the ability to not be able to steal from monsters when they removed it from stealing gold that monsters got from players.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#32 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:20 PM

I've just seen a fine example of Greater Pact being abused in Tirantek... the Pacifist appears and selectively casts Greater Pact on attacking crits, usually Berserkers, to prevent Drow Rogues from being killed quickly (so they kill crits), and also at the Drow Archmage, where crits are Greater Pact'd so the damage dished out by the Drow Archmage and his underling Drow Mages is spread across fewer crits, hence more damage and a higher chance of a death... and you're telling me that's a good tactic? It's totally cowardly, and not even pacifism.

ADDENDUM: That's probably a very good case to make it self-cast; generally I find that Pacifists use Subdue and Shield Self if they want to protect crits from monster damage, as it lasts longer.

Edited by Crane, 24 April 2006 - 05:23 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#33 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

I've just seen a fine example of Greater Pact being abused in Tirantek... the Pacifist appears and selectively casts Greater Pact on attacking crits, usually Berserkers, to prevent Drow Rogues from being killed quickly (so they kill crits), and also at the Drow Archmage, where crits are Greater Pact'd so the damage dished out by the Drow Archmage and his underling Drow Mages is spread across fewer crits, hence more damage and a higher chance of a death... and you're telling me that's a good tactic? It's totally cowardly, and not even pacifism.

Hehe few people owned by Gareth ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#34 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

Delete Pacis.
Remove the PK level cap.
Give zerkers atleast a thong.
Return thieves to the days of glory. The stam bug was not a bug. Was a lame excuse for ruining a very nice class to make standard attacker classes more appealing.
;)
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#35 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:21 PM

wouldnt it make more sense to not use greater pact when trying to stop someone from attacking a boss when a paci could just stand on a boss square and JZ the place for hours on end hence forth making it easier to kill off crits faster then casting greater pact and letting said boss do it?
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#36 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

change this and be sure to also stop them dragging monsters. If your talking about tirentek, for example vortexing onto the first floor mines to be greeted by 2 drow rouges and 2 scouts dosnt sound a very "pacifist" thing to be inflicting on them either.
Also make them work the same way as protect does for mages on traps so they connot repeatedly set off traps on oposing partys.
Fix all the bugs or leave them alone.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#37 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:35 PM

Or complain that you can't stop bosses from being killed? Sucks people can't screw people out of killing things.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#38 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

Thieves stealing from monster's doesn't prevent you from killing a monster and getting a drop, so I don't see the connection there...

I think it's a clear abuse and I doubt admins intended Greater Pact to be used in order to prevent one player from attacking a monster. I think if they can be banned for dragging monsters, they should be banned for keeping people from properly playing the game.

I doubt the admins intended thieves to be able to wipe an area of gold, but it happens deal with it.

Well you see, if you'd bothered to read my post, you would notice that is exactly what I was saying. It has been that way since the start so people don't complain about it because they are used to it.

The connection is that there is no gold on monsters like Sand Spiders, who are killed for exp and gold---which is pretty much exactly the same as being prevented from killing a boss, in my opinion.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#39 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

Thieves stealing from monster's doesn't prevent you from killing a monster and getting a drop, so I don't see the connection there...

I think it's a clear abuse and I doubt admins intended Greater Pact to be used in order to prevent one player from attacking a monster. I think if they can be banned for dragging monsters, they should be banned for keeping people from properly playing the game.

I doubt the admins intended thieves to be able to wipe an area of gold, but it happens deal with it.

Well you see, if you'd bothered to read my post, you would notice that is exactly what I was saying. It has been that way since the start so people don't complain about it because they are used to it.

The connection is that there is no gold on monsters like Sand Spiders, who are killed for exp and gold---which is pretty much exactly the same as being prevented from killing a boss, in my opinion.

I had read your post but it appeared that Deimos hadn't understood your point so I tried reitterating it to him.

So apology accepted.
Si Senior!

#40 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:01 PM

Pacifists are harmed by traps too, not just the party that decides to camp on it.

As for them not dragging... hmmm... you see, in places like Harabec Dungeon, dragging makes it all the more difficult for Pacifists; I get so annoyed when I can't shake off the Wall Crawlers!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#41 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

Pacifists are harmed by traps too, not just the party that decides to camp on it.

As for them not dragging... hmmm... you see, in places like Harabec Dungeon, dragging makes it all the more difficult for Pacifists; I get so annoyed when I can't shake off the Wall Crawlers!

Except 2 drow rogues on the starter square is a little more harmful than a bit of gping. By the time my screen has updated from vortexing you can guarantee 4 will probably be dead.
Si Senior!

#42 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:32 PM

pacifists are harmed by traps - move onto trap square move off on off on off heal heal on off on off heal heal (by now a party of say 16 crits is just about dead becuase even with 6 clerics you cant keep up with the traps setting off on multiple crits. - 1 you dont have enough stam and 2 the lag of the traps setting makes you freeze when trying to swop between clerics. (and dont say move off the square becuase a) allot are kill to pass and ;) you move of 1 square with a trap onto the next square with perhaps a drow rouge - that and your so lagged you cant actually move)

Edited by Snoopy, 24 April 2006 - 10:36 PM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#43 Jigsaw

Jigsaw
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

leave it the same, funny watching certain people cry.

#44 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:10 PM

Fix all the bugs or leave them alone.

There's your bottom line right there.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#45 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:14 AM

Emphasis on ALL.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#46 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:08 AM

Is it possible the people against this change either gp players or don't have to deal with being gped?
Retired

#47 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

Not everything can be fixed... this one can.. only one reason why you are fighting it so much that i can think of is what Jer said...

Make Greater Pact self-cast.. should have been that way in the beginning.. this way no one can mess with the system and abuse it to get alts from point A to point B or stop people from killing monsters to get drops or to help their clans..

#48 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:45 AM

I hate to turn this into a personal attack, but seriously everyone here who is complaining about this......you are all the same people that come to the forums and complain everytime you think someone has found any kind of advantage over you. Yes it is a pain in the arse, and maybe not even quite "fair"...but it makes sense and its already part of the game. Let it be for crying out loud, and try to actually work a way around it instead of asking staff to change things everytime you see something you dont like. This is a game, its supposed to be challenging. You should not be able to just run to HL and drop it without challenges like this. Thats why its called a boss.

Edited by Shaginator, 25 April 2006 - 01:46 AM.

Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#49 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:51 AM

I would actually like to see the game without greater pact at all.
Subdue and shield self alone make it so a paci recieves practically no damage, with greater pact they cannot be attacked and they can attack.

Why do we have characters in game that are practically invincible? And lets not play pretend, a 4 stat pacifist can live anywhere without much trouble; I have taken them everywhere, really, and never had problems except for drow rogues and getting lost.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#50 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:17 AM

But its not just about them surviving on their own... its about aiding others to survive as well...

What the what?

#51 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:14 AM

Dragging monsters, setting off traps, drop JZ when the other player has no stam. All bigger problems than this yet this seems to be the flavour-of-the-month. Out of all the previous things GP is the most friendly, has nobody ever had a mate on a paci gp'ing their clerics at a boss so they don't get hit?

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

#52 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

Or has anyone had someone greater pacting someone's crits so that they can not get a kill on a boss or kill it till someone else gets there first.. to steal kill..?

Greater Pact is fixable.. Justice Zone is not.. Greater Pact should be self cast only.. using it to protect your clerics or anything else at a boss is abusing it as well as stopping other players from killing a boss... no if's and's or but's about it..

#53 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

Example. A couple of months ago I could only use 12 crits at a Drow Archmage. A friend of mine would log on a paci and GP my clerics so they can't be hit causing me to be able to stay alive better. Now a paci helping someone stay alive is abusing it? I think there goes and if and a but.

#54 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

I'll add more.....

So you didn't get to kill a boss, whip-de-doo. Everytime I am on a kill to pass square with traps on it, and a paci drags drow rogues onto me. I loose a total of 50 mil+ experience off my grandmaster party. Excuse me for thinking complaining about changing that aspect of a pacifist is just nit-picking. It fails in comparrison to the real problems and yet, GP can be used to help other players. How can dragging and setting off traps help players?

I'm not being a hypocrite, I also wave the cheap paci death flag well. Just get off GP's case there are worse problems.

#55 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

every class can drag monsters so stop trying to nit pick... you know that GP is a problem, but since you abuse it you are defending it to the high hills..

Edited by deadman, 27 April 2006 - 10:20 AM.

#56 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

I can asure you, your little Hedge Lord friend wouldn't be me. I have other ways I'd stop you from getting to kill it sunshine.

Now, a suggestion was made on forums that I don't agree with. I put my point of view or views forward and people are getting upset? Get over it, and stop making outrageous claims.

every class can drag monsters so stop trying to nit pick

Yes every class can run past kill-to-pass monsters using GP on themselves until finally reaching their target and not being able to be killed by them. That was weak mate. Your little problem is far down the list of many others. Maybe at least be a little open minded and see that. I myself will be open to changing GP, if anybody can come up with a GOOD suggestion. But seriously, it's nothing.

I'm off to bed, I'll read your "Do things my way or else" reply tomorrow, and hope in vein that you will see where I or Lew who has also said the same are coming from.

#57 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

i juss wanna kno why all of a sudden its a problem to certain ppl again... posts and posts were made about greater pact at bosses and nothing was done, so why all of a sudden should something be done, i lost countless drops to the simple fact of bein greater pact at the boss.. so suck it up and take ur losses, cuz in the end, its only a game

Or has anyone had someone greater pacting someone's crits so that they can not get a kill on a boss or kill it till someone else gets there first.. to steal kill..?

Greater Pact is fixable.. Justice Zone is not.. Greater Pact should be self cast only.. using it to protect your clerics or anything else at a boss is abusing it as well as stopping other players from killing a boss... no if's and's or but's about it..

also, tony stop tryin to be john wayne, ITS A GAME
Primex ingame

#58 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

Ah; I've had enough of this; JLH has said that for now it won't change. Locked.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users