Orc Army

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:07 PM

how about north of bt...like either in sarka(could say sarka was taken captive by the orcs) or just to the east/west of the trails north of bt...makes sence cause there is orcs that rome that area....would also give it more meaning and give it more room for more area devlopment up there

#32 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

nope, it has to be on the far east of the realms, away from other towns, and the reason for it being to the far east, is because one day, we could extend the maps, and open new towns and cities near it, and areas too with new monsters and stuff.

#33 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:32 PM

not doors, but like fences or something... lol... i guess i should be awake when reading..lol
The Greater the Difficulty, the More the Glory in Surmounting it. -Epicurus

#34 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:52 PM

or wooden tower sheilds?

I think we should focus on the setup and time this event should occur, rather than what armor and weapons they'd have. That can be suggested once we get a definate yes on the idea.

#35 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:09 AM

Why is there no lose situation?

What pisses me off about quests is that you can't lose.

oh blah blah invasion invasion but there's never any consequences and people get really good things and never worry about bad things happening blahblhablhbalhbalblahblab

WHY CAN'T WE LOSE!? WHY CAN'T THE WORLD OF NIGHTMIST BE CHANGED FOREVER!? WHY IS THE POINT OF EVERY QUEST TO GET A BETTER ITEM?!

god

Westcoast

#36 Conclavia

Conclavia
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:36 AM

hrmm interesting... if you drop making items and want to build it as a city i'm sure the current clan house building system would prolly alow a player to build it. maybe have a staff premake the shops and clone the clan system just for this (seeing as you'd prolly have to remove it's costing gold) and give them a certain number of "points" (squares)...

If the area system is writen like I think it is, it'd all be rather feasible.
Just make the shops and /add shop# ect or what ever to the area then the player can set the descriptions. Although when cloning the system you'd obviously change it so it didn't have to be /clan ... but rather say
/city ... infact the cloned system might be capible of things to be done in the future, and i'd bet theres a system similar to it for staff already...

#37 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:48 PM

oh blah blah invasion invasion but there's never any consequences and people get really good things and never worry about bad things happening blahblhablhbalhbalblahblab

WHY CAN'T WE LOSE!? WHY CAN'T THE WORLD OF NIGHTMIST BE CHANGED FOREVER!? WHY IS THE POINT OF EVERY QUEST TO GET A BETTER ITEM?!

god

then fix it and suggest something?

This quest isn't about items, it's about the community working together as one. The reason why we can't lose is because we don't die, we respawn, and if we can respawn, we have eternal life, and if we have eternal life, then we can come back and try again.

However, in response to your 'suggestion', over a period of time the orc army could take over one of our important cities like Arilin, and you would not be able to enter the city, which would lead us onto another quest, which we would try and complete in order to get back into the city.

Perhaps an important person could be captured and tortured (i vote Medora), and then we could create armies to battle against the orcs outside the city, and try and get passed them. Perhaps they could also block off roads, like from the meadow to forest, and parts of the sewers.

So, not only would it be a life changing quest if we don't complete it in time, but if we lose, it will take us onto another quest.

#38 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

If I recall, Arilin WAS invaded, and it WAS taken over, that is why Harabecian Guards stand around the town. So yes, we have lost before, and there was some consequence for it.

As for not allowing players to pass: You cannot continue any further, the orc lines are too thick, you must cut your way through. It isn't hard to make every monster kill to pass in there.

And another way to slow down player progression, Traps such as seige weapons: You hear the whistle of a large object hurling through the air, a large boulder hit the ground and rolls into you for XX points of damage.

What appears to be a giant arrow fired from a ballista rockets straight at you, the arrow impales you, killing you!

So that aught to slow things down a bit.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#39 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:54 PM

Good suggestions. And i meant not actually being allowed access to the city, and having Orc Soilders in the large forest killing you on site :P

#40 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:37 PM

If I recall, Arilin WAS invaded, and it WAS taken over, that is why Harabecian Guards stand around the town. So yes, we have lost before, and there was some consequence for it.

The consequence was that 5 or so NPC's were placed in Arillin. They don't do anything. I mean, if there weren't those few NPC Harabec Guards, would Arillin be any different whatsoever? Now if the Harabec Guards had ransacked the city, destroyed some buildings etc... that would have been pretty good. But at the moment, all's they do is stand around and kick rocks waiting for the next battle between Arillin and Harabec which will determine if the NPC's stay in Arillin or go to Harabec.

And i'm not going to expand upon your idea to create a lose situation. If I wanted to design a quest, I would do it myself.

Westcoast

#41 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

fair enough. well how about making some suggestions?

#42 Maximas

Maximas
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:16 PM

How about having this someone in the winding tunnels and then once we defeat the orc army, we could make the city there. Also, if you wanted, this could be a way to have a mini boss in the orc caves. Maybe once in a while the spirit of orc king totem or whatever will spawn(of course not being as strong as the original one. This way it will improve the winding tunnel. But the idea about no mages, well you want this to be a community event, well when i first began this game, i only had 2 mages so it wouldnt be fair for those that only has mages/or mages being their strongest characters. *shrug* good idea though

~Maximas
blah!

#43 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

Orc King Totum????? HAHAHA!!!

General Lord Totum is the commander of our army, The Orc King is the king and leader of the Orc Army.

#44 Maximas

Maximas
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:34 PM

sry about that :P :P :) :ph34r: :P :P
blah!

#45 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:41 PM

Thread is drifting down. If people want to see this quest in the game, please post your feedback and vote. If setup right, this could be one hell of a good quest, and may change the future of nightmist.

#46 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:22 AM

bump, more support and suggestions needed :P

#47 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:54 PM

Don't know if you mentioned this anywhere (and I honestly don't feel like picking at your posts)- Are alts allowed? Also, Mages should definatley be allowed, I don't understand why people constantly feel that Mages suck, I've taken out parties with a single Mage.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#48 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

Since mine didn't go too well, I support this one again :P

#49 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:32 AM

Don't know if you mentioned this anywhere (and I honestly don't feel like picking at your posts)- Are alts allowed? Also, Mages should definatley be allowed, I don't understand why people constantly feel that Mages suck, I've taken out parties with a single Mage.

Since the game allows alts, i don't see why alts wouldn't be allowed. After all, what fun would this quest be if you couldn't use 20 alts to do it right? :P

Since mages are wanted in by most people, i guess that votes it in.

Edited by Zelimos, 06 September 2004 - 08:32 AM.

#50 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:42 PM

suggestion wot wer the fields wood be: well the gates of harbec dont lead newer from wot ive seen make the fields past there??

#51 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:10 PM

possibly.... but that's still too close

Edited by Zelimos, 07 September 2004 - 06:10 PM.

#52 Terence

Terence
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

This is supose to be a huge war right? There should be another uprising in the Orc Cave where orcs take over the large forest and Arilin would be theatened to be conquered. This other battlefield would be way smaller though.
Hi-2 letters
Beg JLH to unban your crits-5k letters
There are many things that doesn't have shortcuts
For everything else, there are macros

#53 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:55 PM

Sir i presume u got from revelation so basically ur copying revelation

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#54 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:03 PM

first off DlCK FACE, i don't play revelation.... secondly, DlCK FACE, my inspiration came from Dark Ages. I'm not copying anybody, the ideas i came up with i thought by myself, so shove it.

#55 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:16 PM

first off DlCK FACE, i don't play revelation.... secondly, DlCK FACE, my inspiration came from Dark Ages. I'm not copying anybody, the ideas i came up with i thought by myself, so shove it.

you need a time out little mister
The Smily Pill

#56 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:17 AM

first off DlCK FACE, i don't play revelation.... secondly, DlCK FACE, my inspiration came from Dark Ages.  I'm not copying anybody, the ideas i came up with i thought by myself, so shove it.

you need a time out little mister

that i do, but when somebody accuses you of copying, they're the ones that are gunna need a time out...

#57 SABE

SABE
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:04 AM

good work will be fun if made
ñøt tø s€rv€ îñ HeÂv€n øñ€ dÂY ruL€ îñ H€LL

#58 SABE

SABE
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

the mansion is near orc caves too may orcs invade there?

and will there be a chance that orcs may win?or invade arilin?
and if there is wut will happen to clan houses and shops there?
ñøt tø s€rv€ îñ HeÂv€n øñ€ dÂY ruL€ îñ H€LL

#59 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:26 PM

The orc army should be located in a far east field as i said before, no where near the caves. As the story says, the orcs in the orc caves will become stronger. If we lose (after a certain amount of time has elapsed ((say one month)) then the orc army will invade, and block off arilin entrances.

People (especially staff) may say, "hell no, block off arilin? that would spoil the game!", well... instead of having a boring game where all people do is kill boss monsters to get some stupid item which is over-priced and not even rare, how about making a future-changing effect. Lets see how players live without the supplies of Arilin and it's market? It would be good.

So now people are asking, "how would we get arilin back". Well, the army would re-locate somewhere else, and as the orc caves are closer to arilin, they should re-locate there, where we will be giving the chance to fight them again. Once defeated, arilin will be re-opened. If we lose.... bye bye Resthaven. And this will continue until Blackthorn is taken over too. I reckon then, after resthaven, they should re-located in sewers 3. If we lose that one, then they will just stay there as it won't be good to take over nightmist as it's the main town. We will just keep fighting until the king is defeated, then once done, all the towns will be restored.

I just don't see why we have to have this repetative gameplay over and over. It's been the same for the passed 3 years, log on, kill monsters, level up, pregnant dog at players and call them newbs, PK, kill the gen. Why can't we all work together and save our towns?

#60 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:35 PM

god

yup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users