Agreed.
Posted Image

#32 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

Total anon = sex.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#33 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

Good idea, but as well as the limit to parties idea i think a limit to people per square has to go hand in hand. It would illiminate problems like those suggested about TR having 6 parties of 5 people on the square. I know im probably recapping a lot of what has been said but i think people have only sugegsted one of these ideas at a time. So im fully behind a party limit of say 5 per team and hand in hand have a square limit of 10 per square, dont know how much of a headache this would cause JLH and the programmers but alas he has near 3 months off for summer hols, assuming hes not due to finish his uni this year then he has a lot of time in evenings when he gets a real job...........

GOD I HATE WORKING FOR A LIVING

but love the money..........
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

#34 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

I don't see how limiting the number of players allowed on a square would benefit the moshes in any way shape or form other than being horrendously annoying, and completely unneccessary..
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#35 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:27 PM

If you have party limits but no limit on the square you might as well have no party limits at all as 5 teams of 5 would just sit on a square and agree not to attack each other there fore illiminates the point of limiting the parties as these 25 would have probably been one party in the past. im not saying it should or shouldnt go ahead cos i very rarely enter moshes but i think its either all or nothing, limits and square limits or nothing at all.
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

#36 Velveta

Velveta
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:12 PM

Well I like Zephie's idea but what if you made Moshes ffa? no parties like a mosh should be.
Because Moshes Are supposed to be ever man/woman to him or herself

Edited by Velveta, 23 April 2004 - 04:12 PM.

The Ability To Speak Doesnt Make You Intelligent

Ðëåth §§ú®àñÇë

#37 Xian

Xian
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

There used to be no teaming moshes more often than teaming ones, but there would Always be some people teaming. It created alot of work for the staff to try and monitor everyone and even then the staff can't see IM's. Basically allowing no parties just won't work- limited parties however sounds like a good idea.
Celerity // Wodan in game.

#38 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

This is *IMHO* the only way to have a no teaming mosh. First do these things:

1.Cause everyone going into the mosh to adopt either a 'NO PIC' or 'Afk/DND' picture.

2.Blank out all names *This is free for all for christ sakes*

3.Clan chat, party chat, friend chat, enemy chat, emotes, yells, pages, and general chat would all be locked. Essentially anyone entering would become mute.

4.Disable lookovers *Oh well, you cant see the enemies HP, not a huge deal*

5.Disable the name in the attacks *XXX attacked XXX with a boobie*

6.Disable no-pk in all way shapes and forms.

7.Then after all that have a staffer patrolling the mosh arena checking for teamers. *Reason being people could use messenger, or ICQ, or IRC, or memoes to coordinate somewhat*

Thats the only way I can see it being totally free for all, seeing as people would have to go to much farther lengths to team with eachother, And would probably end up accidentally killing eachother anyhow.

:)
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#39 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:47 AM

I like that idea!

Well thought out!

#40 kar

kar
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

nice idea, i find moshes boring, ppl r in groups of 20+, and no1 ever does much fighting...untill the end
ive tasted ye blood
ive drank ye blood
ze vampires are back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users