Photo

What Do You Think...

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think is the all around best class?

What do you think is the all around best class?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:30 PM

To be honest I have to agree with the majority here, pallys are prolly the best all around characters in the game. But my favorite has to be Clerics.

-nods- clerics own nicely
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#32 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

Let me explain, At level 28 a druid with max armor items, aoh, antlers, sgs, 4 crs and sof can get about 160+ armor all spelled up. A fighter at arch hits you for about 13+ damage or misses. Mages, clerics, pallys and other druids, if a druid duels the right way can own these guys, because a druid at level 27+ takes away their mana points. A thief can be a pain, Wisdom duel a few thieves and he had about 144 armor and some thieves did about 120+ on him. Finaly zerkers just misses you period, they do still hit you for 60+ even with 144armor, but they would miss a lot and with gaes spelled to help you hit offten and a little more, you would still own a zerker.

Not quite true. When I last had a druid (level 28 or 29, can't remember which) I had arch thieves assassinating me for around 80, with max stamina. I also survived a full round from a spelled up arch zerker (Ste, and he hit every time for around 40) No class is a problem, as long as you know what your doing. Basically, stormwrath untill you get to 100 mana (do NOT go below that, really messes you up if you do lol) then morph straight away.. you get a nice 100 hp heal, and the same damage as a fighter. Nice :) You can then normally finish them off in the next round, or possibly the one after. Also, unless this has been changed, even when morphed you still drain mana (providing you had a hawk talon equiped before hand)

#33 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:18 AM

id say pallys are a bit over rated they are good but even with a bot they cant do much damage against a halfling ranger that has you hypnoed even with the 29 dex it may say 29 dex but its not maybe 22? lol cause if thats how i hit and get hit with with 29 dex then i dont want it!

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#34 LosT SouLs

LosT SouLs
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:51 PM

I choose theif. They can be strong if you got the good stats and good armor and weapons. :)

#35 Avenging_Druid

Avenging_Druid
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:39 PM

Have to go with druids on this one. They’re a very strong class and really fun to train. :)

#36 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:02 PM

I already posted my choice and that was Druids. Unless pallies, clerics and mages had hawk talon, no way could they beat a druid. A druid with that weapon and all spelled up with 160+ armor can just keep attacking the cleric, pally, mage with storm then once in awhile attack with the hawk talon a few hits draining their mana. Pretty soon they will lose enough mana to were they can't heal themselves, then that is were you morph and finish them off. If I had to choice from having 1 alt to play with than I would choice a druid.

Edited by Wisdom, 24 February 2004 - 06:03 PM.

Online characters: Wisdom

#37 Xien Pk

Xien Pk
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:10 PM

I say thief, because they can covert, and steal gold... I think that stealing gold is not as bad as just killing the person, and then runing. Killing them is the easy way, stealing gold takes skill!!1 (And the target does not drop exp, so I think it's much nicer to just steal gold than to have sombody get all pissy at you too.)

But yea, pally is good, but I still say thief!!1
Wew7zorxx

#38 Isengard

Isengard
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:34 PM

Druid & thief are the best class
they go hand to hand in any combat :)
*Click* *Click*:
*I'LL* *SEE* *YOU* *ON* *THE* *DARK* *SIDE* OF* *THE* *MOON*

#39 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:30 AM

Druids cause of insane armor spells (which shouldnt be changed) and for morphing abiltity!
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#40 Tha_Girl

Tha_Girl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:26 AM

For n00bs zerkers are the best, but personally I like fighters the most!

But thieves are good too.
She's a human killing machine.

Trained to kill.

Programmed
to destroy.

#41 Knine

Knine
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:22 AM

Druids got my vote

#42 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:43 PM

:)

I got stuck between clerics, pallies, and druids. I can pk pretty wickedly with my druid, even though he doesnt have all his higher level spells yet *lvl 21*. My cleric is awesome too... the healing power just.... I love it. And my pally was my first char after reset so... mwah.

:blink:
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#43 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:50 PM

I know fighters are probally one of the least fav class of most people but I've always liked them, doesn't matter if the only advantages they have few advantages...they've always served me well.
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#44 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:26 PM

Clerics for me cause you just heal away :)

#45 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:14 PM

I know fighters are probally one of the least fav class of most people but I've always liked them, doesn't matter if the only advantages they have few advantages...they've always served me well.

Fighters are my favourite too, but I still think Druids are the best all round class.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#46 Mercutio

Mercutio
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:30 PM

Dueled my friend's Druid.. I wanna change my vote...

Ouch.. druids hurt. :)
You call it nagging. I call it constructive criticism.

#47 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:33 PM

Paladin's are the pwn... They are one of the best dueling classes but Druids are doing well there too..
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#48 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:09 PM

I think paladins are the best because they're noble, brave, and holy. They are like fighters, but can heal themselves. Even so they dont seem to pack as much of a punch as most other classes, therefore are rolled half as much as fighters (1548 to 3760). But they are limited because they can only be two races, and their stats are hard to roll. But i still like em! :)

#49 Fusion

Fusion
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:23 AM

I prefer Thieves. There fast attacking (One click), there good damage, good hp.

And with equip Dwarves are my favorite thieves.

My thief with equips is pretty nice; 21 13 20 21 18 17.

#50 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:27 AM

a druid could pwn a paladin in a duel and on top of that in the wilderness a druid would outlast a paladin

Abilties:
Nourish..
Camouflage..

Duelwise:
Hawk Talon - Mana leech... ( no mana users can beat that )
High Armor spells
Morph
Stormwrath ( weaker version of beam)
- with all their abilities coexisting its next to impossible to match them

Overall cant really be beat 1 on 1 if equipped right.

Pretty much the only class ive found able to solo minibosses / bosses

i think that says enough...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#51 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:50 PM

Paladins Can Do More Then You Think i own 1 Arch 3 Experts and 8 Adpets Plus I Love Thieves Combined With a pally, paladins Are The All Around Class, they do Substansale Damager If You know How To use Them Aswell They Are Best Duelers In nightmist, Paladins Can Be a Threat if They have The Right Equipiment And Skill factor of its Owner,But If There Was a Sencodn All Around Class It'd Be Druid Same Senireo Differnt Abilities. Druids Are Like The Paladin Class They Unbeatable If The person using Them Knows How To Stagegize And Work Them Best level to find out both Paladin and Druids True All round Strength is most likely Lvl 27+ thats When They Really Shine in Both Cases.Fighters Would Come In 3rd Allround area for The Massive Damage They can Do and The Armor Factor. Zerkers Would be 4th Tho What they lack In Armor They Do in massive Damage. And Last But Not Least Would be Thieves Coming In 4th They have The Avantage of Coverting themselves into the shadows Which Sets off Their Disavantage Aswell Tho a Thief Could Assassinate You it does Have its Flaws, For Example

Simplyfi Covertly hide away.
Fish Covertly Hide Away.
Blubber Covertly Hide Away.
Tradition Covertly Hide Away.

Napalm just Arrvived from the North.
Simplyfi Attempted To Assassinate Napalm, But failed Causing 124 points of damage.
Fish Attempted to Assassinate Napalm, But Missed.
Blubber Attempted to Assassinate Napalm, But Failed and Caused 90 points of damage
Napalm Casts a Spell Upon himself.
Tradition Assassinated Napalm.

Napalm Fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.

#52 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:00 PM

Sheesh, don't put Caps in places Where it doesn't Need them Please. It Just Looks Stupid.

I also don't agree with your statements... if you want to hear my views, go read Limits post. That sums them up pretty nicely.

#53 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 09:48 AM

Sheesh, don't put Caps in places Where it doesn't Need them Please. It Just Looks Stupid.

I don't know if thats sarcasm or not. If not maybe you should read what you wrote.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#54 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:56 AM

It was sarcasm, otherwise the line after would look dumb too.

#55 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:18 PM

I remember like well over a year ago before they did that whole "class balancing stuff" and people always told me pallies suck while they saw me walking around. Pwnage Now.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#56 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:47 AM

Paladins Can Do More Then You Think i own 1 Arch 3 Experts and 8 Adpets Plus I Love Thieves Combined With a pally, paladins Are The All Around Class, they do Substansale Damager If You know How To use Them Aswell They Are Best Duelers In nightmist, Paladins Can Be a Threat if They have The Right Equipiment And Skill factor of its Owner,But If There Was a Sencodn All Around Class It'd Be Druid Same Senireo Differnt Abilities. Druids Are Like The Paladin Class They Unbeatable If The person using Them Knows How To Stagegize And Work Them Best level to find out both Paladin and Druids True All round Strength is most likely Lvl 27+ thats When They Really Shine in Both Cases.Fighters Would Come In 3rd Allround area for The Massive Damage They can Do and The Armor Factor. Zerkers Would be 4th Tho What they lack In Armor They Do in massive Damage. And Last But Not Least Would be Thieves Coming In 4th They have The Avantage of Coverting themselves into the shadows Which Sets off Their Disavantage Aswell Tho a Thief Could Assassinate You it does Have its Flaws, For Example

Simplyfi Covertly hide away.
Fish Covertly Hide Away.
Blubber Covertly Hide Away.
Tradition Covertly Hide Away.

Napalm just Arrvived from the North.
Simplyfi Attempted To Assassinate Napalm, But failed Causing 124 points of damage.
Fish Attempted to Assassinate Napalm, But Missed.
Blubber Attempted to Assassinate Napalm, But Failed and Caused 90 points of damage
Tradition Assassinated Napalm.

Napalm Fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.

Yeah you could own a druid with 3-4 thieves. But the topic of this is best over all.
I bet you 50k that in a one on one duel that you can't beat my druid. You can use your pally, thief, fighter whatever, but none could beat my druid in a one on one duel. Why I think druids are the best over all class.
Online characters: Wisdom

#57 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:31 AM

Lol pally STINK

They can't hit worth dirt,

They can't heal worth dirt

other classes own them......

Oh and they're hard to level

still they're my favorites though ;-)

I vote ranger, because they have the means for surviving in the forest... and they always win the triplex.

/me remembers when it was slade, binky, and kalypso in the triplex final..

(forage for 30 looking for enough triko roots to heal all their hp)

Oh *slaps himself*

No, I know a class that none can EVER BEAT. It's so cool.

P
A
C
I
F
I
C
T
*rolls his eyes at his stupid attempt to be funny*

#58 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:01 PM

Here we go.

Ranger = the best.

Who's the number one player in the game?
A ranger.

Who wins the triplex and gets into the finals more than any other class?
Rangers.

Paladins can't fight to stand a chance vs. rangers
(let me explain)....

Theres a duel with ranger and paladin both loaded up, the pally has mana crystals, the ranger healing potions.

The ranger will keep hitting the paladin so he'll have to keep healing himself... (what do pallies heal for... 70?) even with 29 dex and all. Even if the pally ATTEMPTS to attack when he's not on full hp the ranger will use 1 stamina, then all 5 and POOF, the pally is dead.

Theives are good, but they stink in triplex, one on ones, they're not overly good in boss drops. They don't hit for much.

Clerics can't figh worth dirt.

Mages have too low hp, can be one-rounded.

Druids. .. I don't know, I dont think they hurt for as much as rangers? And they don't heal enough to use stamina effectively.

Ranger beat them all....

Oh and surviving in the wilderness.... lol.... that's the one thing that clerics/paladins are good for.. Ranger w/cleric can survive long time.

#59 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:03 AM

If Jen put her gold on a pacifist it would be ranked #1 in the game, would that make it the best?

The reason why rangers generally win triplex is because that is the most popular class to use within the triplex, mainly due to high armor and their 1 click ability.

Paladins, Cleric and Druids are far superior dueling/fighting classes from a solo purpose than any other class.

The one click ability classes thieves/ranger/berserkers are mainly used when pking because they attack a lot faster leaving the attacking crits very little chance of survival.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#60 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:51 AM

i was going to say paladins but ... i voted thieves, i like them both equal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users