Appropriateness

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:48 PM

Swearing is not offensive. If you can let yourself get offended by a small sound, that's not particularly personal to that person, then you really need to have your head checked.

#32 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:11 PM

good luck to you when/if you ever get a respectable job.

#33 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:28 PM

If that was directed at me, I didn't say I go swearing my head off to everyone I see.

#34 Wafer

Wafer
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:39 PM

No offense to Wafer, because I I actually quite liked that post, and laughed when I read it...

No offence taken, ya feckin eejit :unsure:

B)

#35 Marko_Polo_Jr

Marko_Polo_Jr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:49 PM

I would like to say that I don't think it is offensive to swear, f*** (that could be an alternate) I swear also, but as Egburt said, this is a game for all ages, so I agree.

#36 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:55 PM

I find it quite amusing how the people that object to enforcing the swearing rule are the ones that think it makes them 'cool' and 'hard' to swear.

#37 Wafer

Wafer
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:40 PM

I find it quite amusing how the people that object to enforcing the swearing rule are the ones that think it makes them 'cool' and 'hard' to swear.

I think swearing AND smoking make me look sexy! :unsure:

B)

#38 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:33 PM

I think swearing AND smoking make me look sexy! :unsure:

B)

Thats true, in some peoples eyes they make you look cool and sexy.

Edited by Cule, 26 November 2004 - 01:34 PM.

#39 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:53 PM

I used to and still do the same as bishop I view EVERYONES profile I see in the room that I go into and espacally those who pass by so needless to say I report loads of people to staff for bad profiles and such this is one of the reasons people hate me is because I "tattle"

so if you support the rules your hated I guess :unsure:

so people call me a tattler etc for just sticking up for the rules and tell me to go somewhere else which is I think a load of bs on a kids game esp with names like horny viberator etc and the "have sex" drink in food houses and stuff that goes on at fc I think something needs to be done (like get some language staffers or something who just do that alot and thats their only job) why not hire crane/europa for the job ? everyone wants him staff anyways
Page/Memo Beatrix

#40 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:55 PM

yeah i think this game is full of hypocrit morons you guys should come live in holland once. swearing on tv, radio everywhere because we don't take swearing that serious since they are just words.

(Rhymes with "bankers" and starts with "w" I consider a swear word; keep it to yourself please, for in the UK, swear words are offensive - Crane)

its the same thing in the us jurian and tbh that still doesnt mean its right its called bad parenting and theres alot of it now days
Page/Memo Beatrix

#41 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:07 AM

Why is it people stress about a little language, but theft as long as the person is invited in your home is completly ok....Hmmmmmmm I wonder.
The rebirth is coming, is he god or devil? The fires of Sol are burning. May they burn your fingers.

#42 Strange

Strange
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:08 PM

1 people need to grow up . its just like your family, you wouldn't Curse around your own kids would you?. soo dont do it around the kids in nightmist. ?

2 Accidents happen. Things get said that isnt supposed to be said . doesntmean they need to get banned for it.

thats my 20 cents

Edited by Strange, 27 November 2004 - 02:09 PM.

#43 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:18 PM

yeah i think this game is full of hypocrit morons you guys should come live in holland once. swearing on tv, radio everywhere because we don't take swearing that serious since they are just words.

(Rhymes with "bankers" and starts with "w" I consider a swear word; keep it to yourself please, for in the UK, swear words are offensive - Crane)

its the same thing in the us jurian and tbh that still doesnt mean its right its called bad parenting and theres alot of it now days

There is no true swearing in the US, hell we flip out if we get a glimps of the top of a nipple for half a second at half time, who are you trying to kid rappy, come live in europe once, just once, and being here puts america to shame, we say we are free. I see what we called being free as a joke now...lol..
The rebirth is coming, is he god or devil? The fires of Sol are burning. May they burn your fingers.

#44 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:00 AM

Here's my view. If it's in..
Open Chat-Imediate report to staff, if none online, leave a memo.
Clan Chat- /clan disband
Friend chat- /friend [player]
Page-Imediate Report to staff, if none online, leave a memo.
Yelling- If it does not stop, memo a staff, if it does stop, a staff has already taken care of it.
Profile- Ask em to remove it, if not, tell or memo a staff.
Memo- Memo a staff, I dislike offending memo's, cause a players doesn't have the balls to tell me when I'm on.

Thank you, and goodnight B)

Edit: Forgot the last 2 :unsure:

-nod-

And that's just if you find it offensive. I personally hear the stuff all the time, what difference does it make to me if people spell it out in a game.
I like the rules being in-place though, they keep things civil most of the time.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#45 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

:unsure: just dont talk to people who cant accept swearing, i mean ffs we are all adults and if like 9 year olds do play get them the fkout the game, get em out on the damn tree houses etc.

but on the other hand a fker who comes along and says

User: fk fk fk fk x 300 lines

bann 4 ever.
Feck Off

#46 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

:unsure: just dont talk to people who cant accept swearing, i mean ffs we are all adults and if like 9 year olds do play get them the fkout the game, get em out on the damn tree houses etc.

but on the other hand a fker who comes along and says

User: fk fk fk fk x 300 lines

bann 4 ever.

Nightmist: The Game for All Ages

...unless if you're like 9 years old. Then get the hell out of our game. Go play in your treehouse...

Totally Parent Friendly!
Posted Image

#47 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

I dont have a problem with swearing. I just find it disturbing when people make a habit out of it or they are just trying to sound cool because they think they are some 'gangsta' or somethin (which is half of nightmist) lol. I myself, prefer to stay civil most of the time. I dont just cuss to fill in the empty spaces in my sentences. ;p
BeEp!

#48 Sting

Sting
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

I used to and still do the same as bishop I view EVERYONES profile I see in the room that I go into and espacally those who pass by so needless to say I report loads of people to staff for bad profiles and such this is one of the reasons people hate me is because I "tattle"

so if you support the rules your hated I guess  :unsure:

so people call me a tattler etc for just sticking up for the rules and tell me to go somewhere else which is I think a load of bs on a kids game esp with names like horny viberator etc and the "have sex" drink in food houses and stuff that goes on at fc I think something needs to be done (like get some language staffers or something who just do that alot and thats their only job) why not hire crane/europa for the job ? everyone wants him staff anyways

i suppose the reason you were banned was for " supporting up for the rules" how about you take your nose out of JLH's ass nubtub

Edited by Sting, 30 November 2004 - 01:26 AM.

#49 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:57 PM

We should make the game have cows.... Cows that will inforce to law of the land, tell all players to have a good game, and don't bs. The cow's will roam the lands of NM and all other places for that matter, enforcing the rules that JLH and Simon have laid down when they created this game.

In my opinion, the cows must reign as the new staff of NM.
How the hell would I know?

#50 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:07 PM

and make the game any more ridiculous than it already is?

eh, why not?
BeEp!

#51 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:25 PM

so if you support the rules your hated I guess  :unsure:

i suppose the reason you were banned was for " supporting up for the rules" how about you take your nose out of JLH's ass nubtub

I never said that dumb ass newb rofl I got banned for makeing a joke site
Page/Memo Beatrix

#52 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

We should make the game have cows.... Cows that will inforce to law of the land, tell all players to have a good game, and don't bs. The cow's will roam the lands of NM and all other places for that matter, enforcing the rules that JLH and Simon have laid down when they created this game.

If the cows are merely NPCs, people will either simply ignore them or type in /togglenpc to shut them up.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#53 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:54 AM

Not if the cows have guns.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#54 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:39 PM

We should make the game have cows.... Cows that will inforce to law of the land, tell all players to have a good game, and don't bs.  The cow's will roam the lands of NM and all other places for that matter, enforcing the rules that JLH and Simon have laid down when they created this game.

If the cows are merely NPCs, people will either simply ignore them or type in /togglenpc to shut them up.

But you see, the cows with "guns" as Thunderja has stated, will be above the law as an NPC. They will have like some sorta auto ban feature (depending on what they might say is how long the cow may choose to ban) that I'm sure the present staff may be able to configure. They will be like super cows, with the power to kick you off the game for such vulgar language that the new people of nightmist have brought with them. As I remember simpler times when all of nightmist was a caring and happy community. Now it has ran rampent with crazy's whose only passion is to pk/cuss.

THIS MIGHT WORK
Edit "SPELLING"

Edited by Lifeless Void, 01 December 2004 - 03:24 PM.

#55 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:40 PM

Hahah, the last few posts made me laugh :unsure:
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#56 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

and the cows would be invisible and only pop out when someone does something wrong.. at that point, the cow would say something witty, and boot the person offline for a time!
BeEp!

#57 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:25 PM

Common guys/girls im trying to be serious here, besides the cows of course that was a run of the mill thing. But if we did have those type's of NPC's it would be a better nightmist am I right or what?

#58 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:28 PM

Hahah, the last few posts made me laugh :unsure:

Me too lol.

The TOS is there for perfectly logical and reasonable reasons. If someone breaks the TOS and you have a problem with it report it. How can there be anymore to it? If it doesn't bother anyone then I don't imagine anyone will complain.

#59 Smokey

Smokey
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

go cows! :unsure:
Smokey - Freebird - Bowlpack - Dubs - PinkFloyd - BudLeaf

#60 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:42 AM

Daffy's, "Rice and Cow chow now" song, would have a totally new meaning, imfao :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users