Photo

Half-orcs Shafted Stat Wise

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:25 PM

i would suggest a modification to stats from 22 15 16 22 14 15 to 27 10 16 27 14 15 but then these people would complian it would be overpowered lol.

NOTE TO SELF: This post is nearly a mounth old or more lol.

Edited by Simon, 30 September 2004 - 09:29 PM.

#32 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:41 PM

That is a bit overpowered, I'm afraid. Think of how much health they would get!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#33 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:07 AM

actually disconcerning how this thread became i'm not tring to implement anything yet, just want to know if they get more then 5 def. in exchange for the 10 stat points
The Smily Pill

#34 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:06 AM

That is a bit overpowered, I'm afraid. Think of how much health they would get!

Exactly lol

#35 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:34 PM

the only problem with the proposed increase is that not everyone uses them as zerker's, mines a fighter, and as such can wear armor, and with that much more hp's an strength would at arch be quite formidable.

not that i'ld complain of course, maybe it would bring fighter's back into contention as a challange to duel. :P

#36 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:08 PM

Not to mention a perma-enhance over dwarves.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#37 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:32 PM

Not to mention a perma-enhance over dwarves.

and a major downgrade in all other areas besides str and con
The Smily Pill

#38 Dark_Vengence

Dark_Vengence
  • Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:33 PM

id suggest something to the effect of 24 10 16 23 10 14, with low wis and intel to emphasize that they are only big and tough and they are complete morons

#39 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:57 PM

Give halforcs 1 int or 999 int it dosnt matter..... int is a pig stat that is completely meaningless to halforcs and dwarves cos they cant be mages

Counting str con and dex they are equal, ok dwarves have better wis but saying dwarves are '10 points better' is meaningless since 4 of them points are in a pig stat and 2 are in cha

#40 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:13 PM

dwarfs have better dex then orcs(i posted all the maxes on the first post)
The Smily Pill

#41 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:50 PM

+2 dex -1 str -1 con.... that adds up to 0

#42 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:11 AM

+2 dext +4 wis dwarf
+1 str + 1 con half orc
= half orcs being screwed

#43 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:05 PM

I'd agree with eternyte and edit their stats to something like -

Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#44 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:13 AM

...then why not whine about the +1 str and +1 cons of humans not making up for the -2 dex of lings

or the -2 str and -2 cons from dwarfs not making up for the +1 dex?

those are the only stats that make a huge difference pretty much all of the time.

They don't matter, don't change them.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#45 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:15 AM

...then why not whine about the +1 str and +1 cons of humans not making up for the -2 dex of lings

or the -2 str and -2 cons from dwarfs not making up for the +1 dex?

those are the only stats that make a huge difference pretty much all of the time.

They don't matter, don't change them.

the str con and dex arn't the reasons for this, the 104 total stat points when all other races get 113 or more
The Smily Pill

#46 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:30 AM

You are complaining about a race that is for two classes. If you give them more str and/or cons then they're simply going to make an already complained about class even more powerful. Do you own a half orc zerk that is arch? I bet if you did you couldn't say it was weak.

104 stat points, sure--that's low, but it is equal or better as far as str, dex, and cons...so it's not a big deal at all for half-orcs.
Half-Orcs can be fighters or berserkers. Fighters and berserkers need str, dex, and cons. Wisdom doesn't matter very much at all for them in all honesty, charisma is simply if you really want perfect healing, and int doesn't matter at all.
Every other race can be a class that requires high wis/char at least. That is why they've got wis/char that can semi-compete with the other races, whereas half-orcs don't need to be able to compete with wisdom and char, just str, cons, and dex---in which they compete just fine.

...so basically, you are just bitching. Acceptable complaint, but don't try to tell me I am wrong in my opinion. All the topic is in the first place is you disliking a stat point total. I don't think you've put the stats into game use, and if you haven't, then you wouldn't know if it's a problem or not. I'll tell you right now, everyone I've heard talk about their arch half-orc zerks loves them.
I am allowed to make an arguement against overpowering a race if that is what I think it is.
-Gaddy

Edited by Gaddy, 10 October 2004 - 06:36 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#47 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:55 AM

/t Gaddy

Whilst ya making comparisons about races,

Human mage and half-elf mages are still not being allowed the use of their 19 cons, but being limited to their gnome and elf counterparts at 18 cons.....

Now that's something to pregnant dog about :P

#48 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

Now that's something to pregnant dog about :P

/t Jlh

that should be female dog not pregnant, lol

#49 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:39 PM

I recently trained both a half-orc and a dwarf berserker to 24 (both had max strength, dexterity, and constitution). They gained exp at relatively the same rate, with the dwarf hitting slightly more often but for slightly more damage.

ok now gaddy, for a race that can only be in 2 classes, both which can only hit things...a statement like that shouldn't occur
The Smily Pill

#50 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:43 AM

I have a half orc zerker, and obviously can't be sure - but it definately seemed like it missed alot more than the dwarves, and hit for around the same damage.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#51 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:59 PM

I recently trained both a half-orc and a dwarf berserker to 24 (both had max strength, dexterity, and constitution). They gained exp at relatively the same rate, with the dwarf hitting slightly more often but for slightly more damage.

ok now gaddy, for a race that can only be in 2 classes, both which can only hit things...a statement like that shouldn't occur

So simply because they don't make half-orcs able to be classes (which I would think they shouldn't be due to needing to understand spells to be any other class) they should dominate the two classes they can be made into?
They should make it so that old dwarf fighters are pointless and ling fighters make little sense?
They should hold a monopoly on the two classes they can be simply because those are the only classes they can be?

Ya, ya, ya...lets simlpy overrun old crits with a new race.

Anyway, I think 14 wis is pretty low. That should be low though, imo. The orcs haven't ever been considered all that 'wise', have they? (by that I am confining this to Nightmist, you hit orcs and trolls for a lot with spells)...

Int = 15 tops....that doesn't matter, that is at the least -3 of what other races can have, but it doesn't have an effect on over half of the races since they cannot be mages or don't make sense as mages.

Char tops = 15 also...I would be fine if char tops were 12. I mean, sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm shallow and orcs are fugly. (later half stolen from Mr_Pirate's AIM profile)...

You cannot raise their dex, str, or cons without seriously rampaging on the current races who act as fighters and berserkers....so what's the big deal? Humans don't get much extra hp over lings as anything, it makes them pretty weak in every class lings can be. Whereas dwarves get far more hp than humans and dwarves only lose a few hits really. No, I don't think humans need fixing, people simply need to decide what they want. In some cases, you can prefer the humans over the other races....same with Half-Orcs and Half-Elves.

#52 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

ok then, if class shouldn't determin stats...why'd you bring them up to start with?
The Smily Pill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users