Diablo 3

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Pre ordered, didnt get to play much with the barbarian. I joined an online group and they were already close tot the end boss, so got locked out after lvl 4. Now to wait for the 15th.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#32 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

System requirements say this. Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+

I have this. AMD Athlon™ II X2 250u processor 1.60 GHz

How can i tell if my computer can handle it?
Peacemaker both servers.

#33 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx - Click on Diablo III in the drop down box. Should tell you for sure if you can or not. I'm not familiar with that card of yours so I can't say one way or another personally. But if your computer is over 5 years old or is a laptop then most likely you won't be able to play it without upgrading some parts. Which if you chose to do that, you could get the parts of Newegg required to play D3 for pretty cheap. As Diablo 3 isn't a very graphic intensive game at all. Especially compared to other modern games that have come out recently like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#34 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx - Click on Diablo III in the drop down box. Should tell you for sure if you can or not. I'm not familiar with that card of yours so I can't say one way or another personally. But if your computer is over 5 years old or is a laptop then most likely you won't be able to play it without upgrading some parts. Which if you chose to do that, you could get the parts of Newegg required to play D3 for pretty cheap. As Diablo 3 isn't a very graphic intensive game at all. Especially compared to other modern games that have come out recently like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim.

Dude! That's an awesome website - thanks for sharing. My laptop is coming up on 3 years old but I am still halfway between minimum and maximum. :lol: Which is pretty accurate because during beta I had the settings on medium (some on high) and it ran fine. :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#35 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Never played diablo2.. feel left out... but if i can spare any freetime i think i might buy/check out diablo 3....

edit:actually, i have a nutsty video card and prolly dont run enough ghz so i prolly wont bother..

Edited by Apocalypto, 07 May 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Apocalypto

#36 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Dude! That's an awesome website - thanks for sharing. My laptop is coming up on 3 years old but I am still halfway between minimum and maximum. :lol: Which is pretty accurate because during beta I had the settings on medium (some on high) and it ran fine. :lol:

Yeah that website is pretty damn helpful. That's the nice thing about Blizzard games. They always make them so they can played by on many systems even old ones. While still making the game look good on high settings at that.

Never played diablo2.. feel left out... but if i can spare any freetime i think i might buy/check out diablo 3....

edit:actually, i have a nutsty video card and prolly dont run enough ghz so i prolly wont bother..

Eh if you're really into D3 you could get a new video card that could play it for cheap. Less than the cost of the game itself.

#37 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

:/... prolly get a new computer before i bother getting anything for this.. lol its just a cheap laptop for like netflix and stuff like that. never been much of a gamer except for nightmist...
Apocalypto

#38 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Ahh roughly 24 hours to go until launch. I'm fking pumped. Haven't been looking forward to a game like this in quite a long time.

#39 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yea just got confirmation that mine is on its way. Will probably start playing friday with all the other stragglers :lol:
Angelus ingame.

#40 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

Nice nice. I finally got confirmation from Amazon that mines on the way as well. Got the Collector's Edition for that bad boy lol. Mine should be here tomorrow it says so that'll be nice.

I'll post my battletag here when I finally get the game. So people can friend me and maybe we can group together if anyones interested. There should be quite a few current and ex Nightmist folks playing D3 if everyone I've talked to still plans on it.

#41 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'll be getting mine in the next couple days I'm pretty sure. I'll post my info once I get it and get into the game.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#42 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Man, I showed up at 12:45 AM for the midnight release and those suckers were closing the door... even though they told me earlier when I pre-ordered in full that they would be open until 1.

Its now 9:30AM and I'm going in at 10 to get it finally lol. Only 30 more minutes!

#43 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Shouldn't you already be in line?!?

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#44 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Shouldn't you already be in line?!?

Got it all up and running now... but the North American servers are undergoing emergency server maintenance... nooo!

#45 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

EU isnt even working for most :lol:
Angelus ingame.

#46 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

I got the digital copy. Got in at 3am last night and played till 9 this morning.

Level 15 monk and 9 wizard

Ftw
Freek ingame.

#47 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

What server are most of you playing on? I know there are quite a few NM players that are from US and Europe. I'll be playing on the US server once I get the game, which might be tonight.

Oh, and what class do you guys recommend? I'll probably end up trying them all, but just looking for something fun. I think the most fun sounding so far are the Wizard and Demon Hunter.

Edited by Tyler, 15 May 2012 - 09:23 PM.

In-game

#48 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

I finally got my first hour or so of game time on... Only level 5 Demon Hunter atm!

I am playing on US server and my battle tag is: PureMourning#1442

Feel free to add me!

#49 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

I went ahead and got the game. Not sure how much I'll be on this week , but my BattleTag is Psycho#1884. Go ahead and add me if ya want!

In-game

#50 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well my computer was a good 1/4 of the way below the minimum requirements. Guess i wont see yall on there.
Peacemaker both servers.

#51 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Well my computer was a good 1/4 of the way below the minimum requirements. Guess i wont see yall on there.

Ugh that's rough. Well if you're really into it, like I said before you can get a new processor or video card depending which you need that will play D3 for really cheap.

But yeah glad to see so many of you guys got it up and running. I'm finally playing and in game on the US Servers. My battletag is Drain#1713 so if anyone wants to friend me go ahead. 8)

Playing a level 15ish Barbarian right now. I sadly didn't get my game until late this afternoon, took UPS ages to deliver it. And to make matters worse the servers are all screwed up and down again right now. Ugh

#52 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

Also Tyler you asked what class to pick. I'd say it depends what you'll be doing. if you're going to be soloing more than grouping I'd recommend Witch Doctor or Monk. They seem the best for soloing.

Demon Hunter and Wizard however can sit back and through some insane damage out if theres enough melee players grouping with you. You wouldn't even need to spec for defensive abilities in that case.

#53 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

Yeah, the servers are down again. :/ But I think once they are back up, I'll restart with a Monk. I figured I can use that as my main and also have a pure DPS wizard, which is what I have right now (at like lvl 5 :lol:)

Update: Definitely digging the Monk. Seems really powerful and is pretty fun to use, too.

Edited by Tyler, 16 May 2012 - 10:14 AM.

In-game

#54 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, the servers are down again. :/ But I think once they are back up, I'll restart with a Monk. I figured I can use that as my main and also have a pure DPS wizard, which is what I have right now (at like lvl 5 :lol:)

Update: Definitely digging the Monk. Seems really powerful and is pretty fun to use, too.

Yup! I'm teaming with a Monk right now. Friend is playing it hes level 25 so far. Hes already stomping me when it comes to damage and hes got some sick support too when needed. BTW Saw you and a couple others added me to your friends list in game. I just accepted it but I'm going to bed now. Been up all night playing, lol. Nice to have no school for awhile. Perfect timing I'd say.

Hopefully I'll talk to you guys tomorrow then. Have fun :lol:

#55 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Dubs#1397

I should be messing around with a witch doctor or a demon hunter.
When life slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#56 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

I am Ho11ow#1469

#57 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm Prototype#2719, but probably the only one on EU servers.
Angelus ingame.

#58 Rump

Rump
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Sounds fun and I used to love D2 but I'm afraid my computer is too old, I've had the same computer for like 10 years and don't plan on upgrading so I wont see u guys there, enjoy though

#59 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm Prototype#2719, but probably the only one on EU servers.

Theres a couple of us that have made characters on both EU and US realms. If you want to play on the US at all and are worried about latency you should give it a try. So far I haven't noticed any latency issues playing on the EU realms (Or Asia for that matter). Unlike in WoW where my ping goes up to 1k on EU realms.

#60 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Looks like Demon Hunters are absolutely monsters. I've been grouping with a couple and they destroy stuff way faster than my monk can. I suppose I still have some learning of my own class to do, too, though. May try a Demon Hunter sometime if I ever get bored.

In-game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users