Paci's Draggin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#31 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:02 PM

Jimminy Crickets Foamy, you kiss your mother with that mouth? Shame on you! j/king. Anyways... I support Pureza's idea. Being a Paci user myself, I find it extremely annoying that my paci dies when a million and one creatures are being dragged. Doesn't matter if you have gold to tribute to mana and what have you. You run out of stamina when healing yourself and you got a lots of monsters that got dragged along with you, you're dead either way because no stamina means you aren't going no where for 30 seconds.

Good idea Pureza

#32 Aries

Aries
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

I think that it would be a great idea for paci's not to be able to drag monsters.. then the scarabs and arrowheads in zeum won't be piled up in places as bad.

#33 Chii

Chii
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

I think that this is the best and most reasonable solution to this problem...if you dont like it then start your own petition.

#34 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:17 PM

Hahaha Foamy you act like he's asking for the ability to move taken from pacifists, why would it affect you if monsters are dragged or not being a pacifist user yourself, Idiot.

Don't let them in Chronos, them being able to drag is beside the point, they have no use there other than abusing them for mana etc, what can they do there besides kill Time Mummy(Which I've done once before), but to even do that you must have crits to finish the earlier parts of the area.

Pacifist abuse is extremely high I hardly see anyone use one for what they were intended, if ever. Stopping them from dragging monsters may sound stupid for someone who uses them the way they were intended(even though it causes them no harm) but since the rate of abusers compared to conventional users is so much higher it's probably the only way to solve the problem.

If not remove it completely from them at least make it so while in their states of "Invincibility" they cannot drag, and thus would probably die trying to accomplish whatever it was they were trying to do, and probably would be smart to make it the same while Subdue or Shield Self is turned on as well.

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#35 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:19 PM

ill make my post simple..

supported..
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#36 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

paci's shouldnt even be allowed in dungeons they have no reason to be in there

Dungeons is area with highest undead population in game. Pacifisits can (and does) train on pained spirits and demonic soliders.

I go down there often on Europa, feeding off Pained Spirits in the Halls of Teptok.

Before you ask, it is hard down there, and the ability to drag monsters makes it all the more awkward for me, especially with the non-undead Wall Crawlers. No, I wasn't the one who dragged the monsters all over Pureza!

The thing is, if Pacifists can't drag monsters, it actually makes it easier for them; not supported.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#37 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

Good idea RJ, supported.

#38 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

/t crane Why make it harder on everyone else just because one person decides to give sumone a hard time in an area such as the dungeons. Maybe make it so that if the paci is dragging monsters let it be that they can't drop them on a square where another party is, so that the monster follows the paci til either they kill it, escape the area, or die for running.
Jaded ingame.

#39 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

Foamy you are just some random noob that has no idea what is going on or what is being talked about so would you please stfu....

Stopping pacifists from dragging monsters would make it easier for them, but it would help the nightmist population better. Pacifists are rarely used for what they were intended to be used as, and in turn are ruining the game..

One example is justice zone being used so people can train... or for bosses..

They should not be able to drag monsters because that is abusing them as they make the game worse for the people that are trying to play the game on normal crits.

What was done here to Pureza was not right, and should not be allowed...
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#40 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

if we just put this in to some sort of context for a minute...
the monster is sitting there, and notices something it can kill run past, so might chase after it. the monster has no idea if the 'thing' was a pacifist or a cleric etc, it just sees a [insert race here].
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#41 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

Well David's idea about them not draggin when Greater Pact is cast would be ok then, could just change description of spell a little. That's assuming that wouldn't be too hard to program into game.

#42 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

So now you're going for an RP aspect of the game...
«¤Mêad¤»*

#43 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

yea but i wasn't saying you wanted them out the others do though

Yes I want them removed, and I stand by my wish.

I have a paci, and I have more or less stopped using him - because he is the easiest crit to lvl and absolutely no challenge.

About the only challenge to a paci is how to annoy the greatest number of players at any given time ^_^

My excuses to the very, very few players that actually play their pacifists as the class was intended - but they have NO place in this game.
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#44 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

ok lisen to me i don't want them off the game , i am not lvling a paci for nothin im getting i lvled so i can be better and get more gold and buy new stuff , so don't say you want them off the game when some people don't

#45 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:52 PM

Foamy you're the man.

#46 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:53 PM

^_^ :P how am i the man?

#47 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:57 PM

Would you shut the hell up you idiot, you have no grasp of what is being talked about here so please stop posting your nonsense.

In reply to JLH and the talk of the RP aspect, think of it this way, someone who devotes to Pacifism and lives their life to please their deity and protect the lives of other's dragging monsters on someone or in any way attempting to hinder their progress is the exact OPPOSITE of what they are said to be devoting their life for. Because of that right there you cannot say that (from the RP aspect) it would be wrong to change it in this way, because no one plays pacifists the way they were intended ^_^ (When I say no one, I mean the general population, those that do are rarely seen or bothered or bother anyone else, simply because of that fact.)

#48 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:01 PM

Woot i found tonight's Hot Topic!

I vote delete all pacis and remove the class from the game! Supported!

so don't say you want them off the game when some people don't

So don't say stuff that doesn't make sense when people don't want you to wtf eh?

Edited by Raylen, 17 August 2005 - 11:03 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#49 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:01 PM

ashton lisen to this read my lips , i know whats going on and i have a grasp on it and im a pacifist my self so plz refrain from telling me what to do , thank you come again

#50 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:03 PM

Woot i found tonight's Hot Topic!

I vote delete all pacis and remove the class from the game! Supported!

why get rid of them off the game why not just take of the drag , wait a minute not all pacifists drag some other classes drag aswell so this topic is just blaming the pacifists for dragging , do you get the point

#51 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:11 PM

get my point ?

#52 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:21 PM

this kid makes me laugh....
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#53 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:31 PM

<insert flame>
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#54 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:35 PM

so immature

#55 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

Hmm... the only immature character in this thread has posted right above me.
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#56 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:41 PM

Seriously stop posting all your bs, for one you post like 500 times compared to someone else's once, it's not a chat room, most of the crap you say can be summed up in one post (unfortunately it still wouldn't make much sense).

Yes everything can drag monsters but what is the >only< class that can do so with little to no harm to themselves?

Answer - (for the idiot) Pacifists, I'm not saying remove them and most people aren't and if people do I'd assume they know that isn't going to happen so stop replying to them like a moron.

Like you said you're 14, that is pretty obvious by reading what you say and your failure to grasp the true conversation, you've had nothing constructive to say nor any valid counter arguements to add to this from what I've read, so please refrain from cluttering it with your stupid bs.

I wish Gaddy were online he'd colorfy it and make it so maybe even you could understand it, anyway my point is, you made your non-points so please just be quiet and let the people say "supported" or "not supported"

Edit:

Hmm... the only immature character in this thread has posted right above me.

Good thing my post took long enough to write to not be there haha

Edited by Ashton, 17 August 2005 - 11:43 PM.

#57 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

Foamy, yes all classes drag stuff, but paci's can't be hurt when spelled by the monsters they are dragging, so they are able to drag them over people over and over until they die. Also, since they can cast Greater Pact they just run everywhere with that cast instead of killing things to get through, or invising leader or whole party like other classes do. So as a result areas like chronos and dungeons where 5 monsters on a square was never intended because of the strength of these monsters, are all messed up with 5 wall crawlers, tree frogs, etc. That's how people abuse paci's and screw NM up for the rest of the population, and why them dragging should be stopped.

I don't think I could have explained that any clearer, (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

Edit: I know they have been stopped from chronos, was just usin that as example of what they do to areas, and i agree, they shouldn't be banned from dungeons.

Edited by Gunshow, 17 August 2005 - 11:43 PM.

#58 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

Foamy, yes all classes drag stuff, but paci's can't be hurt when spelled by the monsters they are dragging, so they are able to drag them over people over and over until they die. Also, since they can cast Greater Pact they just run everywhere with that cast instead of killing things to get through, or invising leader or whole party like other classes do. So as a result areas like chronos and dungeons where 5 monsters on a square was never intended because of the strength of these monsters, are all messed up with 5 wall crawlers, tree frogs, etc. That's how people abuse paci's and screw NM up for the rest of the population, and why them dragging should be stopped.

I don't think I could have explained that any clearer, (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

Edit: I know they have been stopped from chronos, was just usin that as example of what they do to areas, and i agree, they shouldn't be banned from dungeons.

ok ill take that , but greater pact doesn't last long , last like a couple mins then boom dead

#59 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

Hahaha, you aren't dead just because Greater Pact doesn't last forever. Everybody knows how spells work, and everybody know how to recast them, except maybe you apparently. I'm taking a wild guess here, but I'm assuming you've never been to chronos or dungeons, and everyone posting here isn't imagining that paci's do this, it is a fact, and they want something done about it. Stop argueing points that don't matter and that nobody else is talking about.

#60 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:08 AM

only problem i ever seen with this was that paci's would drag normally kill to pass monsters (no other class posibly can) .. but looking at recent changes this can no longer happen, pacis now being excluded from chrono's and the monsters on mountain of sentant no longer will follow *shrugs* as for dungeons yeah bunched up monsters can be a bit rough but eh lead covert/invis?
oh and leave paci's alone haters ^_^
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users