Alec For Event Staff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#31 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

I dont think i would make a bad staffer tbh. Currently i am not in either of the largest two clans in one alt. It doesnt look like i will be anytime soon. So there will be no reason for me to take sides. I do have alot of game knowledge. I recently have acquired the time to start playing again as all my jobs will be in town for now on. I have been in both clans numerous times and know what it's like to be on either side. I havent had a desire lately to really play the game a whole lot, but i believe it might bring me a little more interest by running some events and being able to watch people enjoy themselves. You say you want a person who want play favorites, well i dont. You say you want a person not wrapped up in drama, well im not.
Peacemaker both servers.

#32 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

Not Supported. for mostly the same reasons I posted for Alec. You may not be in either of the 2 major clans now but you were in both at some point and have a history of drama and fights with both sides and multiple players. The last thing we need at the moment is someone getting staff then causing drama and more people to quit. IF anyone is appointed to staff they should be respected by everyone on the server(including all admins and current staff) and not someone who has caused drama with one or both sides.

Edited by Gnarkill, 09 March 2010 - 08:56 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#33 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Last Pande member who got staff just used the abilities to help their own clan not the gameplay.

:P

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#34 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

i think he was talking about Anarchy.....And Not supported on jake as well same reasons as Alec.....
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#35 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

lol, same nuts, different day

vote me for staff, you know i pwn you all

also, didn't dennis cheat (yes, he did)

hi! :P
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#36 DownFall

DownFall
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

lol, same nuts, different day

vote me for staff, you know i pwn you all

also, didn't dennis cheat (yes, he did)

hi! :)

Yes i did indeed i admitted to it and its over with already so i have no clue why you brought it up :wub:

but hi :P

#37 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

Alec is definately NOT supported.... I have nothing against Alec personally but i think staff should be someone not so involved with nightmist drama...He is too emotionally involved with the game to not be biased... Here is my nomination and it is based off of general knowledge and the fact that he is not biased....Inglastex (Pete) is very smart and is an old school nm player, I think he actually was staffer for another game but i dont actually know.

If that's a serious nomination (and someone is actually going to be hired, which I doubt), I'd be happy to at least "interview" for it. I strive to be logical over most other things and I'd love to show everyone that there doesn't have to be any such thing as "staff favoritism". Back in the day, no one even mentioned it with staff like Cyric around…he's my staff hero by the way.

Anyway, I've not been a staff member of any other game, but way back when Ste (the one with the Rune Blade) was staff though I can't remember his staff name at the moment, we were interviewed (submitted relatively realistic applications and all), and then somewhat prepped on staff activity and commands for designing areas. Somewhere along the way JLH decided that there wasn't a need for new staff at that time and the ground fell out from under all of us. This was all something like 8 years ago, so I'm sure the specifics have been forgotten even by me.

So once again, if current staff (or JLH for that matter) want to follow up on it, I'd be happy to interview. Otherwise my nomination goes to not making more nominations (for yourself or others) until JLH says he wants more/new staff.
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

#38 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

I'll read everyones post later but for the original post no.

Also scimmed the first page and a reason I vote now is because of how fast you slammed someone else who said "vote for me"
Freek ingame.

#39 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

I didn't even notice until I saw Jordans post, and I thought it might be me.

Abusing commands? I can see where you get that from..

Turning you into a chicken for 20 seconds and making everything you say come out as "cluck cluck cluck". I agree it's alot worse than some of the staff Nightmist has had. Even some of the current who have randomly (well, biasly I should say) hanced players. It's not much, but it affects gameplay, this seems like the kind of thing that should be instant termination from the staff team yes? They are still staff, and I wouldn't even go that far. So surely my "abusing" commands would be within Nightmists ToS (or atleast staff ToS).

I don't believe that you actually think I did a bad thing with what I did, you probably just feel threatened. I don't blame you, a good staff member (the ONLY staff so far I saw NO bias or cheating from whatsoever) just left, I'd probably think I have a good opportunity as well.

Well, you can keep your feeling, it was just a joke. I do not have the time to be staff of Nightmist right now.

I am so asian, I always gotta save faceeee.

Edit: When Pandilex put out for staff applications before and I had time to do it, you seemed pretty okay with me, what happened with that? :\

Edit2: Okay, I decided to actually get into this topic and read it. I even read the first post (yeah, I didn't before lol)

-Someone towards Alec (too lazy to do quote in mini edit)
"all you do is mess with the playerbase" or something to that effect.
Hypocrisy much? Or should you instantly banned from staff for abusing commands?

Jase said it the best, don't push for help for a team that doesn't want it. They will ask when they need help. The truth is, and as I said before, Nightmist does not need more development. 1a needs balancing, but that is it. I can say Alec, you may be creative, but you are not the one for the job of balancing that server. Someone with a logical analytical mind would be best for that.

And to someone who said fix the colisuem. I would agree, but as I've said before. We have sexy item leveling system to use, the colisuem can be a faster yet harder way to level. It works nicely I think.

Edited by Cruxis, 10 March 2010 - 05:43 AM.

#40 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

I strive to be logical over most other things and I'd love to show everyone that there doesn't have to be any such thing as "staff favoritism".

I'd like to play the game and show everyone that there doesn't have to be such a thing as "player ignorance".

^ see what I did there? :P

I don't blame you, a good staff member (the ONLY staff so far I saw NO bias or cheating from whatsoever) just left, I'd probably think I have a good opportunity as well.

You'd think so, sadly accusing the members who control the vote doesn't nearly pay of as well.

With todays society I understand that mud slinging is the way you'd think you'd reach your goals. Although it might impress the cattle, people who actually make decisions do not care much for it. And even if they did, wouldn't you rather get picked by actually being better, and not by making someone else worse?
History of the game doesn't matter much either, if you're so focused on what happened before, perhaps your part doesn't lie in it's future. Knowing where things come from is one thing, being fixated on it that it clouds your vision is another.
Then there are weaknesses, or well you'd think there are, haven't heard any yet tho. You might think listing strengths is what gets you a job, but having weaknesses, being self aware of them, and understanding how to deal with them is often just as important.
Listing tens of things you would do is another thing, either you will get overburdened or you won't live up to your promises. The game could use 1 full thought real addition a lot better then just naming things without an actual plan of realization.

No need to respond on these things btw, just something I wished to share.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#41 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

You people overlook completely what this topic was about. Event Staff. Not development, not creation, but simply implimenting new and current events to be ran. Creating quests, not new areas. I think I am very much suitible for this position. And if staff care to take a look at my ideas, I will gladly present them, but not to the playerbase that have such a grudge against me. I have great ideas and my balancing is off; but that is what other staff are here for. To help.

If I thought anyone else could do a better job than me, I would have nominated them. That's all I have to say.

Edit: I can also offer references on another game I admin for in which I greatly helped progress the growth and balancing of, along with quest creations I've made, if requested.

Edited by Tietsu of TSA, 10 March 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#42 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

This is like a junior high president election.
Apocalypto

#43 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

Now i never said you wouldnt be "capable" of holding the position....the only thing i said is i didnt support because of your involvment in a lot of nightmist drama or fueds, you are too temperamental to be objective and i am pretty sure anyone who has played with you will vouch for this.....also i dont think you would be able to be "unbiased".
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#44 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

It is Ryan! lol.

If I thought anyone else could do a better job than me, I would have nominated them. That's all I have to say.

Thats the problem, you base everything you do off of your own opinion as if it was fact, you don't listen to other people's opinions and maybe try to see where they are coming from(I saw it when you applied to bad kids and tossed a fit when the clannies needed to hold a vote, when you were in DA disrupting and aruging how it would be run better by you, and in alot of forum posts you've made if someone has a opinion other than yours you end up insulting and trying to drill your opinion into thier head). Some people don't want a staff member(even event runner) that has such a high opinion of themself. It will lead to you doing things that you see fit all the time instead of things to help out the game/playerbase. I mean what lead you to believe staff absolutely needs your help anyways? I didn't see a post with them asking for applicants..it seems like you are just trying to drill it through to everyone that YOU think you would be the best staff so therefor you should be. A handful of people have stated that they don't think you would a make good staff member/event runner, I don't see how arguing and saying we missed the point will help you out at all. Everyone has thier own opinions and you can't change that just because you think you are right. lol @ "holding grudges" I just don't see it. I guess because people have an opinion and a few are against you that apparently makes you the victim, but yet reading a bunch that don't support it, you're still correct and have the right to be staff in your head. Still not supported.

As for references, I could toss out 5 or 6 random games I have staffed/helped devealop and get positive reviews also.That doesn't mean I am what nightmist needs. Infact I'll go on a limb and say I would be up there in the Walt/Aidon class of staffing which by no means would help the game lol.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#45 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

As for references, I could toss out 5 or 6 random games I have played with my staffed/helped devealop and get positive reviews also.

DJ my friend, that is something you should keep between you, your couch hole, and your filthy dreams, and not share with the NM players.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#46 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

I wanted to share with you in public walter a.k.a my "Couch Hole" :P

Edited by Gnarkill, 10 March 2010 - 06:40 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#47 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

"but simply implimenting new and current events to be ran."

You can easily come up with event ideas on your own, you don't need to be staff to help create events. Gaz hasn't been doing events consistently for months, why all the sudden interest just because he stepped down? If events were really what you desired out of all of this, you would of tried this when they stopped. Is it just Gaz stepped down, because half the people who said you shouldn't be staff before suddenly gives support, or just for the authority? I for one think the last option.

To prototype, I read and agree with your post. It's sad those kind of people exist. A first I thought all of it was directed toward Alec, but now I think it's me. That would work, but I am not trying to put down Alec to gain what he's trying for, for my post before yours clearly states I have no desire to be staff atm. So why? WHY!?!?!? Simple, he made a false accusation, and I gotta save face.

I'd have to ask myself though, would I wanna be on a team of people who can't deal with their own shortcomings?

Just so you can know, I know my strengths and weaknesses. Most people wouldn't call my weaknesses as such though..it'd be like getting straight As in school and getting a B in english. Like this, my weaknesses are usually only shown when compared to another part of myself. Individual weaknesses, I'm sure I have them but I can't name any off the top of my head, so I guess they are weaknesses that don't matter much in life.

Edit: Deleted a mass offtopic portion cause I ramble too much.

Edited by Cruxis, 11 March 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#48 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:21 AM

Thats the problem, you base everything you do off of your own opinion as if it was fact, you don't listen to other people's opinions and maybe try to see where they are coming from

My opinion summed up.

Disclaimer: Do what you like with 1a, just as long as you're not a staff member on Main.
Si Senior!

#49 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

Ryan for 1a staff. (prophet not me)

be about like our initial staff crew

/whistle
Apocalypto

#50 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

As staff I would gradually develop my power until I have enough influence that when you try to log in to 1a it just logs you on to main.
Si Senior!

#51 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

and then everyone quits again :P
Apocalypto

#52 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

They won't know its Main...Not until I roll up on 20 alts anyway ^^
Si Senior!

#53 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

In seriousness though some of these people putting themselves forward have far too much confidence.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

About sums up all the self-confessed saviours.
Si Senior!

#54 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

haha nice pics ryans :P
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#55 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

The more you know, the more you realise how much you don’t know — the less you know, the more you think you know.

As for straight A's, it proves nothing. To take myself as an example, I aced French and German (with 6 years, 2 hours or more a week), yet I hardly speak a word of it. School is something you're either good at, or you're not, the subjects might differ, but how they are approached is the same for all. It only shows that you consume information well, whether or not you keep it or are able to apply it in real life situation is something that doesn't get tested until you start internships.

Weaknesses are mostly present in personality, work ethics etc. They are not just about who you are, but about how you handle situations outside your control. How do you work in a team, how do you react when someone doesn't meet their deadlines, how do you handle criticism. There is never a 100% valid answer, it's all situation based.

From everything I saw so far no one is able to work in a team based project.

I'd have to ask myself though, would I wanna be on a team of people who can't deal with their own shortcomings?

Just so you can know, I know my strengths and weaknesses. Most people wouldn't call my weaknesses as such though..it'd be like getting straight As in school and getting a B in english. Like this, my weaknesses are usually only shown when compared to another part of myself. Individual weaknesses, I'm sure I have them but I can't name any off the top of my head, so I guess they are weaknesses that don't matter much in life.

The ignorance encapsulated in this is simply massive. If you ever apply to a job that doesn't include having to wear a paper hat in the shape of a farm animal, I'd dare you to start with that.

Edit: Anyone know Sheldon from big Bang Theory? It's a perfect example, although he portraits a great mind, his weaknesses are very much visible.

Oh and check out the Dunning–Kruger effect.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#56 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

You had me until you referred to Sheldon as having weaknesses.

-5 Respect Points.

Edited by Prophet, 11 March 2010 - 03:54 PM.

Si Senior!

#57 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

His only weakness is the stupidity of the people around him and that he is forced to co-exist with them.

#58 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

I would be willing to work on ideas and experiment with stuff to help come out with new things. Not just based on what i think but what other staff believe to be necessary as well. To run events you dont need a vast range of knowledge. Im sure any person capable of learning can do it. Now i know people say i have been envolved in drama in the past, well i look at it like Maarten said about dwelling on the past. I have chosen not to do so. If i did then i would have problems all day everday. I have managed to just not bother with drama in the game and keep to myself and play it how i like to play it. As far as area development, yes i would need some coaching as i have never created any gaming programs before. As far is favoritism its non existant with me. I think i could bring some interesting events to the game. One thing i would be more then willing to do is to experiment with making CTF being able to be ran on one alt since there is the people on it for it to be done. Others would be to make moshes and events ran as according to schedule. Thats bout all i can offer though, even though not much, but every little bit can help.
Peacemaker both servers.

#59 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#60 Rafa

Rafa
  • Members