• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:24 AM

That's about right, right there.
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#32 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

If the captain dropped the Silver Pistol it would have to be an even lower drop rate then the spyglass or just about the same rate.

Library info for Silver Pistol:
Base damage: 29, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: A pistol that resembles the Six Shooter. Used by Captain Wyslen for years., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:, Mana leech: .

Desc. would need more work. But that would be it :unsure:
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#33 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:03 PM

this has been suggested many times before, why is it getting approved by playters now when they didnt all the years before

maybe cuz this is thought out???

i like it
-Alias ingame-

#34 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:00 PM

I just got talked into it. So i guess Halflings could be gunslingers also. But it would be kinda funny. They should have a penalty or something though. Cuz there short and weigh so little.

#35 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

Why would that be a problem? Pistols and stuff aren't exactly heavy, and when you consider halflings can wield Halberds easily (or so they would have us believe) it seems a shame to penalise them :unsure:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#36 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:17 PM

Halflings use smaller halberds. So they would use lower grain bullets.

At least, that is the easiest solution.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#37 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:44 PM

Go out... find a midget. Hand him a shotgun... And make him shoot it.

But really... i guess halflings could use em easily then.

#38 InTerNalChaoS

InTerNalChaoS
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:41 AM

Im to lazy to drone through all of this but i do semi support the "gunslingers." 1. there would have to be new boss's so that these gun slinging playa's can be pimp like everyone else.
Actually screw it i fully support it, i'd just train so i could kill all the gunslinger boss's and keep all of the goodies mwahahaha and dominate teh market w/ extremely sexy prices.
How can you Trust something that bleeds for 5 days straight every month and doesnt die?!

#39 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:08 PM

Halflings use smaller halberds.

Pardon? Can you point out evidence that suggests that please.

#40 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

Yeh its not like DG drops different sized Hallys for different people who kill it. :unsure:
Stadic Ingame...

#41 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:45 PM

Yeh its not like DG drops different sized Hallys for different people who kill it. :unsure:

you know I think he was just kidding...
How the hell would I know?

#42 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:22 PM

There isn't any evidence to the contrary. It is entirely possible that, upon obtaining their prized halberds, Halflings chop some extra length off the end of the haft.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#43 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:03 PM

There isn't any evidence to the contrary. It is entirely possible that, upon obtaining their prized halberds, Halflings chop some extra length off the end of the haft.

or he wasn't kidding....

#44 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:51 AM

... You guys are argueing over how halflings use Halberds?... Its simple... A wizard makes em grow an extra 3 feet so they can use em like everyone else. Psh. Stupid Nubs.

How did it get from Gunslingers to how Lings use Halberds.... *Shakes his head in disbelief.*

Edited by Bubba, 19 February 2005 - 07:16 AM.

#45 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:50 PM

... You guys are argueing over how halflings use Halberds?... Its simple... A wizard makes em grow an extra 3 feet so they can use em like everyone else. Psh. Stupid Nubs.

How did it get from Gunslingers to how Lings use Halberds.... *Shakes his head in disbelief.*

well duh nub, this is nm, we complain about everything!

#46 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:48 AM

BUMP :unsure:

#47 Egbert

Egbert
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:58 PM

If gunslingers were put into the game I'd think they should have.

1. Very, very low stamina, like... They dn't get their second one tell level 17, and number three is level 30. I mean... you're goign to end up having to take a very, very long time to load up your weapon, and have to be really, really good before you can do it three times in 10 secs.

2. Rather low hit rate at lower levels: I mean, the old guns were all shaky, and couldn't hit very much that well.

3. Have a few non-gun weapons, or bayonets. Give them an ability that attacks twice as a normal hit, but not with a gun.

#48 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:17 AM

I like my idea better. A Gunslinger wouldnt need any other weapons. They live by their Guns. And the 3 stam thing. No way. I know people who could pop off about 20 shots in 10 seconds with a 6 shooter, Their called Moonclips. Ive done it myself, Really i have. Anyways.... Still no word on if it is going to be added or not. ^_^

#49 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:50 PM

Someone has been playing alittle too much Devil May Cry

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#50 AlecxZeck-P1C

AlecxZeck-P1C
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:36 PM

Haven't posted anything in awhile, now. Buuuut, Bubba is my lesser counterpart. Overall good idea, I'll come up with some alterations for you, when I have the chance.

And while I'm on here and never see you (Bubba), I'll leave a brief explination of my disappearance. Woman knocked up, moved in with her, comp broke when I took it to her house. (Where's the &*#@(& money I invested into the account?) ;\

Will be back eventually, untill then; get rich.

#51 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:54 PM

this has been suggested many times before, why is it getting approved by playters now when they didnt all the years before

I've been wondering the same thing.

Plus, it just doesn't fit in with nightmist.

While I think it is interesting and well put together, I don't think it fits.

Your storyline behind their history is nicely written, but I feel that Gunslingers are a bit too far ahead of Nightmist's time of swords, knights and wizardry. Gunpowder might have been invented by this time, but not in portable pistols, or even muskets, but most likely in the form of small bombs, like the Satchel Charges thrown by the Dwarven Grenadiers.

What the what?

#52 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:12 PM

Umm but Cappy has pistol....did he come from the future or something?.....
Stadic Ingame...

#53 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:27 AM

Yup the Captain has a pistol, but we cant have a class that uses guns... So i made one up. Still no word from JLH if hes gonna put it in or not. ^_^

#54 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:16 PM

Very well thought of and written and put together,
well Medieval times had guns, not shotguns but they had pistol's

Supported ^_^

#55 Shadic

Shadic
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:25 AM

I think that stamina and stamina regen should depend on the gun, which would also add some more thought process to the whole thing.

"Take the powerful gun, or the one that lets be pull off 4 shots before reloading?" Would be what a gunslinger would have to go through, as compared to just waiting to be able to buy a CSOTW, like every other class. >.>

#56 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

Well just make the CSOTW not usable for gunslingers... not like they are called CSOTWers. Maybe have the guns with mods even, also make gunslingers only human?

#57 Shadic

Shadic
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:21 AM

What about Dwarves?

#58 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:55 AM

Umm but Cappy has pistol....did he come from the future or something?.....

I honestly couldn't answer that, as I didn't have anything to do with the creation or introduction of this area.

I'm just stating my opinion, as right or wrong as it may be. I don't feel that it fits well in game.

What the what?

#59 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:04 PM

What about Dwarves?

what about them? I see gunslinger as more of a human thing but i guess dwarves are kinda human huh only shorter so dunno how that one would work out... leave it to humans and dwarves maybe like the half-orcs can only be fighters and zerkers? well also i guess pretty much every race on this game is all human in some way (cept half-orc besides being half human ^_^ ) but that aside still say humans should be only one's capable of using a gun!

Don't wanna see a lil squirell packing a 45. now do we?

Edited by Lifeless Void, 12 April 2005 - 05:08 PM.

#60 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:21 PM

you all havnt yet mentioned the bigest problem

rangers hit well in the high 80s on stuff with 110ac+ with a 21 base weapon this has 29
Page/Memo Beatrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users