Photo

What Would You Like To See In Nightmist?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you like to see more of on the 1-alt server?

(You may select multiple options)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

I guess I'll post the same things I have many times!

1m for lvl 36, 2m for 37, ect. Considering a cobalt is the only other "to save for" item out there. Making it more realistic to level will still make leveling all there is to do.

Bosses that aren't killed regularly should be. Can't be that hard to change a few healing monsters/bosses hp to suit the playerbase, and it's not as if they can't be changed back should the playerbase pick up.

35+ areas.

And no, I'm not talking about just areas and renamed equipment. I'm talking about 100-130 pod and possibly some of the best gold ingame.

Of course, if 35+ areas are as beneficial as they should be (especially if better gold), leveling past 35 might not be so much of a grind for gold, and not need to be lowered, maybe even hightened. If 35+ areas end up the same pod/gold as the other currently good areas of the game, then lowering gold spent for 35+ would still work.

There are many ways, some very sexy, to make the game more enjoyable.

"1a people always complain blah blah"

Uhh, the game is pretty much still in beta and meant for 1 person on 20 alts, not 1 on 1, is it seriously thought people wouldn't have opinions to better it? Stop crying about people making suggestions to better the game, you main people "cry" more over us "crying" then we do "crying" about the game. I don't play, I only post to help the game, so don't say Im complaining about my playing needs being met.

Some people expect others to only be out for themselves, those are the people that usually are.

#32 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

Cruxis... Stop crying about main players crying about 1alt players crying. Honestly.

#33 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

I'll be taking caution when designing new level 35+ areas, because the one area with some of the best gold and XP in the game is rarely visited.

Nevertheless, this has been interesting insight and I will be taking heed of what you guys have said.

#34 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

I'll be taking caution when designing new level 35+ areas, because the one area with some of the best gold and XP in the game is rarely visited.

Nevertheless, this has been interesting insight and I will be taking heed of what you guys have said.

I believe I know of the area you are talking about, the reason this area is uncommonly used is due to the amount of teamwork and location. I believe what people want is an area that you HAVE to be 35+ to get into, this would give me a reason to get there.. Maybe with the 400+ Crystals etc type stuff in there..
Freek ingame.

#35 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

i hate to say it but i am in agreement with Freek, the crits are getting bigger and badder, the gold and xp not so much, alot of the best places in this game for gold/xp either have become pk hotspots or are failry hard to get to and with such a small playerbase some places are impossible

#36 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

I've only been back on the 1a server full time for the last couple days, but looking at the player base it's going to be VERY hard to get token runs done for level 36+ even if there is server wide cooperation.

I'll adjust my suggestion to being new areas designed with level 35+'s in mind with very good gold to offset the ridiculous leveling costs, and also with new leveling items to be used 36-40 in the same format as the 31-35 leveling items.

If the gold doesn't stop players from leveling 36+ now, the lack of ability to get tokens will.

Edited by Autek, 26 March 2011 - 02:13 AM.

Autek in game.

#37 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

I dont understand why you are moaning about the amount of gold you need to level. Surely you should get that much gold from training to get the amount of exp needed to level anyway.

#38 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

I dont understand why you are moaning about the amount of gold you need to level. Surely you should get that much gold from training to get the amount of exp needed to level anyway.

With trinket prices of 1.5m, token costs of 600k per 5, and assuming there is no extra cost for leveling items aside from bag/crate costs, it costs 27.135m gold to level a character to 40 alone. Try saving for equipment along the way there too, or even having alts to level.

In order to put what I feel is maximum equipment on my character, all shop bought or attainable items, it would cost me another 14.775m gold

That's a grand total of 41.91m gold to maximally equip my character and level to 40.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

EDIT: There are only a handfull of people with that sort of cash on the easy server, and that's with 20x the characters and a server that has been around for twice as long.

Edited by Autek, 28 March 2011 - 02:00 AM.

Autek in game.

#39 tehbirr

tehbirr
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

now now, pipe it down sunshine
teh primex... lullaby on main - devour on 1alt

#40 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

The real problem is no one find is entertaining to click on the same monster for 20 hours a day for months to level and gain nothing.

Oh you want more stamina? Carry a shade.

Oh you want more hp? Who needs more hp when you pop out of no where and shade!

You want to do things level 35s cant? Too bad.

The end.
Freek ingame.

#41 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

thats the best post ever! you just owned his big rant in the ass! Love it.

#42 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

The real problem is no one find is entertaining to click on the same monster for 20 hours a day for months to level and gain nothing.

Oh you want more stamina? Carry a shade.

Oh you want more hp? Who needs more hp when you pop out of no where and shade!

You want to do things level 35s cant? Too bad.

The end.

I personally think status amongst peers is enough for me to want to level my character. I can understand why many won't level their stuff at the ridiculous price if they aren't getting something more than HP.
Autek in game.

#43 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

41.91 mil huh lol get busy :P

it is possible and not that hard tbh. i have every shop item including gom bof wizcuffs etc and plenty enough gold to lvl a crit to 40 already just dont have the time to click on 85 pod mobs for 15 hours a day. the real differance is "I GOLD" "U TRAIN".

Yeah, I can level to 40 on bunnies and get the gold by selling rabbit furs too. It doesn't get much easier than killing mobs that don't attack.

You eluded to my point when you mention time. . . That's the crux of why the leveling costs are ridiculous. It takes too much time, plain and simple, to both meet the experience requirements and gold requirements.

Edited by Autek, 29 March 2011 - 12:55 AM.

Autek in game.

#44 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

A price of even 1m*GM level, like Cruxis mentioned about would be more realistic. At that price it would still cost 19.8m to level alone, taking plenty of gold out of the server or whatever excuse was cited to have these costs in the first place.

EDIT: And you can't say a change wouldn't be fair to the players who have already leveled to 40 or even many of the higher level characters in game period. Those people got to sell crystal knives for 5k a piece, hit and run drow archers for countless hours on end etc. Things that the player base today doesn't have the luxury of doing.

About the only person today who would have a gripe would be Solstice. Who knows how many hours it took him killing 40k+ mutant crabs for leveling gold.

Edited by Autek, 29 March 2011 - 02:10 AM.

Autek in game.

#45 tehbirr

tehbirr
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:27 AM

what i would like to see... basically just all the bickering and moaning on both game and forums to stop, everyone just manning up to thier duties and play the game... everyones opinions and ideas would basically just changing the game to everyones liking and getting everything handed to them, just play it and enjoy it

#46 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

what i would like to see... basically just all the bickering and moaning on both game and forums to stop, everyone just manning up to thier duties and play the game... everyones opinions and ideas would basically just changing the game to everyones liking and getting everything handed to them, just play it and enjoy it

What I would like to see is people giving constructive ideas when the staff members ask for it instead of bashing everyone else for doing what he asked, but thats just me.

There have been plenty of good ideas that weren't based around handing everything to the player posting.

Ex: I want nightshades destroyed. Why? So I have a reason to level my character, whats the point of leveling my character if I can do anything a 40 can do at lvl 33? Doesn't help me at all.
Freek ingame.

#47 tehbirr

tehbirr
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

right, ive never seen you not bash anyone rather then doin what the staff asked for right? i.e look 7-8 posts above urs to ur last post hypocrite lol.... i was simply doin what staff "asked" for as u say, not bashin anyone, unlike u that bashed autek for posting his opinion of what he would like to see

#48 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

That post bashed Alan how? Lol..

I simply stated why I feel there is no need to level..
Freek ingame.

#49 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

Either I can't count or someone ......
Apocalypto

#50 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Here's another suggestion that I had brought up a while back. . .

Shrink the PvP range from 20 to 10 levels (5 levels either way). This would make it so that in general (because there are some items with odd ball level requirements) there would only be a 1 tier difference in weapons and armor between any two players. PvP fights would be far more competitive. I know, I know, the chronic lowbie killers would be upset, as it is almost unheard of for them to fight someone of their own level. At the same time though, this would open up new possibilities for higher level characters.

The classes are more less balanced PvM, every class can go anywhere, provided there is a cleric of course. Where the unbalance is is in PvP, and in my opinion is the reason more level 35+ stamina, items, spells, abilities, etc. cannot be added. If devastate were introduced for example, a grandmaster mage could easily round an expert, even if it were to somehow resist or absorb some of the stamina. If the GM could attack no lower than a level 31, the outcome would be much less likely to be the same. A resist or two and a couple absorbs and the 31 would have the chance to drink potions and fight back, or flee. Devastate wouldn't be near as OP as it is with the current PvP range. The same would be true in many cases if there were more stamina, higher level items, spells, and abilities if the PvP range were just shrunk down to make for more even battles.

EDIT: And I know Nightshades will undermine this entire thing, but for lower levels and those who don't forgo 5k for a chance at a PK, this will even things out greatly. The other possibility is to remove Nightshades completely, but that's another entire topic.

Edited by Autek, 04 April 2011 - 05:36 PM.

Autek in game.

#51 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

Maybe the area's should take maarten's idea of class/ race combinations in account. If you make 35+ areas, make them so 1 combination of race/class per party can enter, this might force people to train other characters besides thieves. As for mages, the main reason people are QQing is because, mages were once the fierce pkers of nm, and rightfully so. They are hard to train, and cannot go many places for extended periods of time. Now there is no point of training a mage on 1a, they get shafted on stamina, and a thief will most likely always win. Thieves are in definite need of nerfing, although stig/jase did a great job with the dotw debacle, which most of you agreed with until it was done. But why train any other class that has its own gold/exping area IN TOWN, never uses stam to move covert (if you are dwarf), and just rapes face pvp? And even for those thief users, why level to 40? 1/10 chance of dying to a nightshade is nothing when you have the chance of clicking everyone on your screen. Why play a paladin? no reason at all besides SoL, which is near impossible on 1a due to the great cooperation of the server. Why play a druid? no reason when staff takes away your golding areas that you bust your @$$ to find/ get to. I can go on but in short other classes need to equivocate their power to the degree of dificulty to train. You do that and you fix 3/4 of the game.
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#52 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

Also what i mean by "equivocating power" is this: classes that are easy to train pvm need to be nerfed PVP, most games have this as a standard, you are either out to pvp or pvm and vice versa. Why pump countless hours in to a character that sucks in both? no reason at all. You can just ezpk train a thief and pwn all the nubs u want instead of actually learning different characters and strategies and wracking your brain in ways to train and not get pked. This is nightmists #1 problem
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users