Photo

Terri Schiavo

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Should they reinstate the feeding tube?

Should they reinstate the feeding tube?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:45 AM

A quick death would be best for her, starving her is something she doesn't deserve.

#32 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...iavo/index.html
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#33 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:00 PM

Yup she's dead!
How the hell would I know?

#34 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:56 AM

awesome, I'm tired of hearing about her. Every channel has become the Schiavo Network.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#35 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:15 AM

I would not like to live like that for 15 years either.....no ways

Does anyone know of a website for info on how to draw up a living will that states your wishes incase you are left incapacitated and unable to tell people you do not want life support if there is no chance of recovery?
I know a lawyer can do it but that is expensive, perhaps there is a way to do it yourself.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#36 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:33 AM

oh and by the way 15 years is a long ..long time
Truly there was no way for her to body, muscles, etc. to ever recover after that long of time. 15 months yes maybe but no way after 15 years.
Also its just wrong to keep someone you love alive for selfish reasons just because you don't want to lose them. It would be tremendously hard but you have to let go sooner or later. You have to do whats in the best interest of the person and make decisions on what they would want for themselves.

Dont bash the husband. You can't expect people to put their lives on hold and Im sure he went through hell during all of this.

^_^ Hug those you love daily !! Never take them for granted.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#37 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:13 AM

Does anyone know of a website for info on how to draw up a living will that states your wishes incase you are left incapacitated and unable to tell people you do not want life support if there is no chance of recovery?

Almost any office supply store in America has them.

Office Depot

Office Max

The U.S. Living Will Registry

State Specific Will Forms

Hope those help.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#38 Hatrix

Hatrix
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:11 AM

Terry is on no other form of life support except that feeding tube. The rest of her body functions keep her perfectly alive. Yes, she is permanently brain damaged, but who are we to decide whether that is life worth living or not? May I remind all those who voted for Terry to die that we had this form of selectiveness once before in history? Hitler along with killing all Jews he could get a hold of also killed all mentally handicapped people, finding them unworthy to live. Do you really want to be like him?

Pulling the plug, as some of you called it, is something different than pulling a feeding tube. There actually would be ways to feed her without the tube, although it would be much more time consuming, so it's not the tube keeping her alive, it's the food, just like with you and me.

Yes, permanent brain damage may cause her to appear not to react to much of her environment, but nobody, no doctor in the world, can know for sure what Terry feels. What if she DOES feel and just can't communicate? To stop feeding Terry is the same crime that you would commit leaving a paralyzed person without food, you are killing a human being by denying them nourishment, the state of that human being is of no concern in this. If we talk about pulling the plug, we are usually talking about breathing machines, things that keep your heart beating (whatever they are called in English) etc... not a feeding tube that simply makes feeding easier, since normal feeding would also be entirely possible.

i dun think we talkin bout hitler here tho, jus terri, and neway, hitler was a pimp

I couldn't agree with you more. Hitler was a pimp.

Seriously though, I think it's a good thing she died. I mean I didn't care to begin with, but now I can breathe a sigh of relief. Honestly... Anyone who cares, needs to find something better to care about. If I had known her, i'd care. If I were in a coma for ten years, I doubt anyone would give a nuts. People care too much.
You don't know peace 'til you've had suffering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users