• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#31 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:09 PM

i said more than half jen, ur in the other side :unsure:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#32 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:11 PM

ty so much for pointing this out sneaky. Unfortunately nothing will happen and more players will quit/be descouraged to play. I cant even consider the thought of training anymore. Whats the point of doing anything... accounts mean nothing anymore since you can just steal your neighbors w/out doing any work for it.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#33 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

Let me explain to you what I mean.

This game to JLH and Pandilex is entertainment, as it is to most of us. They log on do some coding, throw a few bracelets of speed somewhere (:unsure:) and they log off back to the real world where they get to go hang aroud with each other at alton towers. Joking aside what I am getting at is that these 2 people are good friends in real life and use nightmist as a boredom breaker - Bill/Ed were allowed back or whatever by Pandilex for whatever reason and everyone thinks they should be banned again. Now we look to JLH to intervine who on game appears to be the one in control of everything, when he could be sitting next to pandilex at his house laughing at how newbish some of you are. The basic fact of the matter is, JLH is not going to override a publicy known decision by one of his real life friends who created the game with him because the players are not happy. To be honest I believe they have lost complete interest in the game as of late but who can blame them really.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#34 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:18 PM

Last thing I saw was the last thing Di said.

Don't turn this into an attack on thieves, I listed Ed, Bill, Di, and Tevlok because those are the ones I know that stole. This isn't an "omg they stole lets flame them" topic, this is a "Why is nothing being done about known thieves?" topic. Post what's relevant, or I'll personally ask staff to lock it.

Talk about what you think should have been done about the thieves, voice your opinion about staff's judgement and reasons for letting proven thieves come back.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#35 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

staff do what they have to do sometimes... but u all got to admit... NO ONE PAYS THEM TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING. so they get bored/annoyed
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#36 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:41 PM

Taking from a shared account is not theft, as its been said time and time again, you don't have a leg to stand on if you share accounts and your stuff goes missing -Waits to log on and find his account empty- Admin may help you, if you're case can be solved quickly and easily.

Lets hope the whole 'I'll keep reposting till hell freezes over' threat isn't taken too seriously, personally I'd ban you for it ;p

On topic however; I do agree, as I always have, that admin should stand behind the words of their staff, unless in extreme cases. And one admin, under no circumstances should undo what another admin has done - After all, that's basicly showing how little resepect one may have for the other.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#37 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:54 PM

any way of getting stronger without putting any effort in it other then trading (eventho i don't even like that) should be a permanent ban. wether it be stealing or obtaining things through sharing and then taking the account. If it doesn't need any effort like training or obtaining enough gold to buy something should be a perm ban.
Even in death my hate will go on

#38 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:19 PM

Why does JLH still pay for the server, ect?

I'm suprised it hasn't been shut down months ago.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#39 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:33 PM

I guess JLH does not want to shut down Nightmist because there are still some genuinely nice players around who play it for enjoyment without giving others hassle... even if their numbers are small it is usually enough to make it worthwhile.

I do agree that thieves who admitted their crimes should get punished, but not as harshly as someone who did not admit it at all. As for thievery in general, the players can help the staff a lot by being more careful with what they own, not sharing so lightly, choosing a password that is not obvious (1234567890 IS obvious!!) and having 'protective shields' between you and the Internet. I, personally, have Norton Internet Security, Norton Antivirus, Spybot, and three spam-filters working in series... quite a lot, I know, but you need it these days to ensure reasonable protection.

They say prevention is better than cure, but until a way of discouraging robbery is found, it is best to keep your computer protected against hackers and be more protective over your account.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#40 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:34 PM

Interesting Post..

Should Ed/Bill of been un ban? I wont even comment on this, i would be bias in my opinion.

Why doesnt JLH stand up to decisions that Pandilex makes? He has to a point, cant be arsed to explain the situation - but it was about Cyric being promoted to Admin. Eventually Pandilex did 'get his way' - but why the hell would JLH want to dispute his irl friends decision on a game..
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#41 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:37 PM

Not like having more stuff on NM gets you chicks, or a tax break or something.

If you really dont want to play the game then just dont -- it cant be that hard to uninstall. Maybe you could spend your time in the home invasion racket, stealing little old ladies tvs and jewelery.. at least then you have forsaken all morals/ethics and at the end of it have something to pawn for drug money.

Jason just pwnt you sad little people. Seriously piss off.

Also well said Mike!
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#42 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:56 PM

someone explain me how it is that pandilex just doesn't c how much this screws up the game.

to some extend i can understand why jlh won't stand up to his irl friend but isn't it really obvious that this screws up the game bigtime?

#43 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:10 PM

You just said it jurien, it's a game.

Everyone makes mistakes, I have - and some of the biggest names in Nightmist have.

I stole that one clan a long time ago.. forgot the name.. I regret it now of course.. Jen cheated with Xlibre - i'm sure she regrets that decision now.. Ste and Al stole my stuff because I lied about being Halor.. im sure they regret it as do I for not telling them I was Halor.

People do make mistakes - and I assume Pandilex un ban them to give them a second chance. If they stole something now i'm sure they would be ban yet again.

(note: those were only examples, thats why i included myself as well..)

Edited by Matt, 20 February 2005 - 07:11 PM.

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#44 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:16 PM

JLH, this is something that you should pay attention to. This issue is costing the game many good people, including people like me who supported the game financially with donations.

Yes, NM is a free game. But the way in which you treat the player base here will determine who is willing to pay when NM2 comes out. I for one am not willing to pay to play any game where players who behave poorly enough to bring about a "permanent" ban are once again allowed back into the game.

Staff, if any of you read this, please pass it on to the admins.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#45 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

i always thought that it would be cool if everyone on nightmist just seriously got up and quit and knocked some sense into jlh/pandilex cus then we wouldnt be playing their game and all the money and everything they put into it would mean nuts, but i know that will never happen .. but maybe it will .. if you look at leaving part of forums it just gets bigger and bigger of well known names and i know more that quit and just dont post on the thing .. eventually all the people who make the game worth playing will die off and then there wont even be the social part of nightmist that alot of people have the hardest time giving up .. cus who would wanna sit around and talk to people like ori
Skills pay the bills and ur dead Broke

#46 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:27 PM

/nod magoo...

hey it could happen....
-Alias ingame-

#47 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

Some of you all are looking to have your accounts deleted. You're saying all of Nightmist should quit so the hard work JLH, Pandilex and the whole staff crew put into the game will go to a waste. Well then how about this.. all the hard work you put into your account will go to a waste and be deleted.

I'm starting to sound like Pandilex......

#48 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:32 PM

i would like to sit and talk to ppl like ori :unsure:. rofl. anyway, magoo u got a point but we have to admit... no matter how hard we try, this game wont be the same. *shrugs* jurian is making me dload mu, so goodbye nm

edit: right.. who am i kidding.. see ya guys tomorrow

Edited by Horny, 20 February 2005 - 07:33 PM.

#49 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:06 PM

Some of you all are looking to have your accounts deleted.  You're saying all of Nightmist should quit so the hard work JLH, Pandilex and the whole staff crew put into the game will go to a waste. Well then how about this.. all the hard work you put into your account will go to a waste and be deleted.

I'm starting to sound like Pandilex......

whats ur point? i gave more away at sgh then would get deleted outta my account right now .. i know im talkin on other side cus i got stolen from by a complete idiot and its not fair to voice my opinion in most matters so thats why i kinda stay away from posting on topics like this .. so im sorry if i offended u matt, wouldnt want you to lose all ur hard work u put into this awesome game ..

And another thing (im sorry for going off topic) but why should WE make their game run when they go and let all this stuff go on right in front of their face and then they just get the power of saying "don't share" .. WE make this game run and WE make it possible for them to do what they like and thats make the game .. so kinda like alot of people have said is that WE have to take care of this ourselves and yea we can all go around and try to moose everyone in the ass that we can .. or WE can all stand up and say yanno what moose it, this game sucks and moose jlh/pandilex and their whole gd moosein game and they dont wanna help me when i need it so why the moose should i help them and make it so that their game runs .. and thats basically my idea on the whole thing after i got robbed

Edited by Magoo, 20 February 2005 - 08:15 PM.

Skills pay the bills and ur dead Broke

#50 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:19 PM

I can see where you are coming from Magoo, but the fact that the game has gone downhill is not JLH or Pandilex's fault at all - it's the players who make Nightmist a un-pleasent place to be.. JLH and Pandilex in the past have constantly tried to keep Nightmist a fun game by keeping out bad apples. But it seems to me they have gotten fed up with trying to keep Nightmist fun.

Even if Pandilex had not decided to give them another chance they very well could of started playing secretly by getting around ban - which to my understanding they did before their un ban was official.

#51 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

i don't think anyone blames pandilex or jlh for bringing the game down (i don't even blame pandilex for that) but i do blame them (well mainly pandi) for letting ppl play that bring the game down to what it is now.

i do not regret donating to the game at the time i did but when if someone asked me to donate now i would c that as an insult because i dont think the game is worth it anymore. (i don't know how the donations are going but i kinda think it has to be going down).

#52 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:40 PM

I think the biggest problem with staff right now is that none of us really play the game anymore. I still have somewhat of an idea of what's going on in the nightmist community. I believe there are some players (Ed, Bill) who are just malicious and only want to cause harm to the rest of the player base. I have no idea why they are still around and don't agree with Pandilex's reasons to keep them around. I just finished having a long conversation with Simon about this and I would post it here, but I don't have his consent.

I guess I just want to say to everyone who thinks staff don't care or don't want to help. I do care, I do want to help and I know some other staff members feel the same way, there are just some things beyond our power that we cannot change.

the fact that u would probs needa speak to me and kev about bill and ed etc wont happen ive quit kev is umm i actully dunno (--->)(will go with that direction somewhere) just leave bill and ed where they are they cant live without nightmist if bill and ed needa steal to be better than us then let them we actully dun care never have never will athought ill admit i was upset we where robbed by those 2 not once but 2 times since my ban the first one would never happened if me and kev where about however the secound one was probs are own falt we still cant explan how di got our password and the fact that jlh told us our account is too big to get back and our stuff is now everywhere

the fact is tho if bill and ed where still banned then this woulda never have happened me kev tom and alex offered to be perm banned if they would ban bill and ed aswell because we knew that they would be hurt alot more than we woulda but jlh was being lame and wouldnt do that jlh needs to actully sort out 10 rules and stick to them cuz the term etc = BS kev had jlh round his little finger same with wes and simon ive never seen anyone get me outa so much nuts i cant say im an angel because i probs robbed around 50 mills worth of stuff myself but never to the extent that bill and ed robbed us i mean how the hell can 125 crits and about 100mills worth of items atleast go missing thats fking impossible jlh said we sold them the stuff at one point and we where gona go along with it and hope to get them banned and us
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#53 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:53 PM

Lets Not turn this into an arguement about the value of their account and stay focused. The players are calling for something to be done save 1 or 2 who would appear to be thieves who would stand to lose substantially if they theft was to be dealt with even a little, imagine that they might have to earn stuff rather than just take other peoples hard earnt things. We're not asking for 100% annihalation of theft, were talking about the major thefts or millions and millions of nm golds worth of stuff, the ones that make it to the forum and have the support of the players and most importantly for you the ones that don't take 7 or so hours of log checking to solve.
Si Senior!

#54 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:00 PM

Lets Not turn this into an arguement about the value of their account and stay focused. The players are calling for something to be done save 1 or 2 who would appear to be thieves who would stand to lose substantially if they theft was to be dealt with even a little, imagine that they might have to earn stuff rather than just take other peoples hard earnt things. We're not asking for 100% annihalation of theft, were talking about the major thefts or millions and millions of nm golds worth of stuff, the ones that make it to the forum and have the support of the players and most importantly for you the ones that don't take 7 or so hours of log checking to solve.

too bad those are the ones allways allmost related to simons buddies ed and bill

#55 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:03 PM

I quit like 6-7 months ago, so don't say "no player" and think it's truthfull. I've no desire to re-play simply because of all the bull i read here. Not to mention people continue to bring up the same topics about stealing that have already been mentioned before. It gets to the point that I see another theft topic and ignore it. I wouldn't be surprised if thats what staff does either. Your told over and over again not to share, swear, etc.., but what do you continue to do?

Then if something isn't done about your own misdoings to your liking, you moan and complain, blame it all on staff not helping etc... This basically tells the older people, as well as staff, that you just don't care about the game rules (even implied rules)

I say if your going to do whatever you want reguardless of what your told, you get exactly what you deserve. As for some staff allowing known thieves to return to game, it's your own stupidity to trust them knowing full well what they've done in the past. Who is really to blame there?

#56 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:18 PM

lets say someone is in deathrow for murder and then the president decides to let him out (undo his perm ban). ppl hear this and think well maybe he has changed and bit after bit they start trusting the guy (cuz it wasn't like everybody was asking ed/bill/tevlok to share with them) and then bam.. he murders you. is it your vault for assuming that someone has changed because his penalty was undone by someone high up in the ranks?

i don't think so.

#57 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:43 PM

To Jurian's last post, don't take things out of proportions, it is only a game after all.

But as for the other subjects on this thread, I've been mumbling about it for awhile now, NM is going down, we'll just see how long it will stay afloat by itself with the current playerbase and the one who has recently left.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#58 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

/t everygrey it is an example maybe an extreme example but it shows my point perfectly well.

edit: it'd still love to c a comment from either jlh or pandi on the matter that explains us why these ppl have a right to be on the game :unsure:

Edited by jurian, 20 February 2005 - 09:54 PM.

#59 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

no, that example is too extreme. if that were the case im sure pandilex would have done differently.

#60 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

you want me to ban people for stealing?
then what is stealing? you give someone your password and they take your stuff, you asked for it...
i do not have the time to fix all these problems which are YOUR fault, each problem which YOU caused would require a lot of log searching which takes time.
i can't hire staff to do it for me, and i don't imagine anyone would actually want to look through thousands of lines of logs for a few hours per case (yes it can take that long). also, i'd never hire a staffer to do it, since all the logs are on my server, and no-one else has access to it apart from me.

i am not sure why people think this thread would get locked, there has been no going against the rules afaik
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users