Photo

Who Would Leave If P2p Came In?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: whould u leave if p2p came in? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

whould u leave if p2p came in?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:39 PM

nm2=not gonna happen

lol when i left i asked jlh on nm2 he said it will happen and when i asked for an estimation on when it was finished he said a couple of months.

and simons said theres no way it will happen.... wtf?

edit: remember JLH saying attribute points would be finished soon? /cough

Edited by Exor, 20 December 2004 - 01:44 PM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#32 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:54 PM

I love watching you all scramble over a topic heading. This has been brought up so many times, and you all (except maybe jurian) seem incapable of remembering anything.

Pay to play is the reason there haven't been any major updates on Nightmist for quite a while.
The cost will be no more than what JLH needs to keep the server running; If the server costs £100 a month to run, that's £1 from 100 people, for a month (obviously I'd assume JLH would do it character wise), which would possibly equal even less.
I remember JLH saying anything over what's needed to run Nightmist would go right back into Nightmist.
Would you expect major changes in staff behaviour? Why? Cus you're paying now? Will they be being paid? If so; then yes, expect a change. If they're not, then hell, there'll be no change from them.. Why should there be?

But hey, what do I know. I can only read -Shrug-

What is it I get told so often... "Patience grasshopper,"
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#33 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:58 PM

then jlh needs to pay the staff or something....Sorry but people wont pay to play a game where events arent ran on time and nuts

#34 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:38 PM

Most of the staff wouldn't be suited to a P2P version of Nightmist. In a game where you have to pay to play, you expect a certain level of professionalism from the admin and staff members, which includes running events on time, all the time. You cannot just miss an event and say "sorry, I was watching Die Hard" or whatever the excuse may be; if people are paying for the right to have this event, then you damn well need to give them it.

You need to be consistent: if you help one person who was "stolen" from then you need to help everybody who was "stolen" from. You cannot be biased and favour one person over the other.

If the server goes down for a period of time over 10 minutes, you need to say why. If the server is lagging then you need to sort it out. If we are paying for the server then we need to be able to rely on it being up as often as possible and with the best ping possible.

To be honest I'm really not sure if Nightmist is capable of becoming a professional game. There are a lot of things that would need to change and I really can't see them changing, which is why I'd probably just pay for the shortest period of time possible and see what it is like. *shrugs* hopefully it will work out fine.

#35 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:41 PM

yep well said.NM staff wont be up to the job lol...

#36 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:47 PM

Exor, you're starting to resemble something similar to a sheep.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#37 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:06 PM

ok?

#38 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:26 PM

lol

No i would rather pay for something worth paying for.
Stadic Ingame...

#39 Silver_Dragoness

Silver_Dragoness
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:21 PM

I'm not sure if I would or not. Depends. But more than likely I will.

"suddenly i heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door"

Naamah - Main

Tyrelline - 1A

#40 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

I would certainly consider playing again, as I've not done for what must be a year or so now properly on my mortals. All the suggestions I’ve seen noted for it, it’s bound to be an amazing game :unsure:

#41 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:24 PM

i spoke to jlh and he said the only staff would be him and simon (dont keep me to that i spoke to him along time ago)

will there be a beta test?
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#42 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:29 PM

i just thought of something. Maybe NM2 will be automated and thats why theres no staff.
Stadic Ingame...

#43 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:45 PM

i think i would pay under 2 conditions i saw a very good increase in game standards and if it was just 1 payment, def would not pay if it was £X per month.
Feck Off

#44 Egbert

Egbert
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:41 AM

I think I would give it a shot to see how p2p NM developes. Hopefully the playerbase will be a bit better then, since a lot of the people I dislike will probably not bother or be able to afford paying. And after all it's the majority of the players that ruin the game in it's current form, since I still believe the game itself is great.

Huh? I don't get the logic behind that post.

Yes, lots of the players you dislike will stop playing, but so will the players you do like... the ratio should remain the same... unless you have something against poor people, or people who don't get allowances, or unemployed people. And that's kind of... evil.

#45 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:15 AM

i think what she means is, that the people who pay will be the people who are there to enjoy the game and be sensible and interact with the community.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#46 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:23 AM

not me i wil pay to reak havok!!
Astinus on 1alt Only

#47 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:41 AM

payin to play a better version of nm is stupid, why cant u make this nm better instead of charging lil kids to play a damn text based game, i kno this is free and all but u gotta think bout it from thier point of view, what if they cant afford it and all that, what are they to do, give up a game they basically love and worship? im sorry but thats stupid, and i wouldnt pay if its every mth cuz thats dumb, why not make it a yr payment and see if ppl would rather that, payin for each crit is lame and dumb, should charge by acct(s) but i doubt id play p2p neway, if this version was left, ill play this instead cuz i wont pay for a stupid game
Primex ingame

#48 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:49 PM

payin to play a better version of nm is stupid, why cant u make this nm better instead of charging lil kids to play a damn text based game, i kno this is free and all but u gotta think bout it from thier point of view, what if they cant afford it and all that, what are they to do, give up a game they basically love and worship? im sorry but thats stupid, and i wouldnt pay if its every mth cuz thats dumb, why not make it a yr payment and see if ppl would rather that, payin for each crit is lame and dumb, should charge by acct(s) but i doubt id play p2p neway, if this version was left, ill play this instead cuz i wont pay for a stupid game

pretty simple nm1 stays up and is free

nm2 costs money to play

if someone is addicted to nm1 chances are they will be interested in nm2 and later start paying once they get addicted to nm1

meaning both stay around and nm1 would be to attract newer players to nm2 or keep the peeps who cant pay happy
Page/Memo Beatrix

#49 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:59 PM

^Above post is right^
Stadic Ingame...

#50 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:28 PM

...Yeah, see when you're paying monthly, you can usually pay yearly for some kind of discount.
Posted Image

#51 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

The problem with paying for an account rather then per crit, is that people could just share, and get away from paying. Locking it down to 1 ip wouldnt be a good idea either as a fair few people (including myself) play on 2 or more pc's
Small fee/month or year per crit would be the best option.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#52 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:07 AM

it will be done on a credit system.
where 1 credit enables a particular character to work for 1 month.
credits will cost about 50 cents (or something like that) each, so if you wanted a character to work for an entire year, it would only be $6 :unsure:
(all prices subject to change etc, and depend on the $-£ exchange rate at the time, paypal is the best way of doing it, whenever it happens).
this is the fairest way of doing it.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#53 ØWÑÅG£

ØWÑÅG£
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:02 AM

i might leave...considering i worked so hard 2 get where im at right now lol

dunno tho matters how much u needa pay/if there will b reset

dunno tho bt plz dont make it happen gr8 thing bout nm is it being free

also how will it work considering i gt 2 computeres so ya will i needa pay 4 both or will paying 4 acc be suficient

Edit: 6 bux a month per crit? so u will needa pay 4 all ur checkers/paccys/good statted crits that are lvl 1?

Also would suggest all players just pay 50 dollars or w/e a regular computer/video game system game costs and be done wit it...no monthly BS

Edited by ØWÑÅG£, 22 December 2004 - 04:10 AM.

#54 Deadly

Deadly
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:13 AM

If we got to start playing nightmist im gone no madder how hard i worked to get were i am im not gonna pay to play nightmist yea i like this game but not enough to start paying to play it i will mov oento another game makes no differnce to me

#55 ØWÑÅG£

ØWÑÅG£
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

btw JLH think b4 u do this

1) the only ppl who will play 4 a long time is like buns acc, the ricans, and cor's acc....no1 besides them who is good will play mayb dev

2) half nm population now logs on 2 talk anyway....so they wont pay 4 somthing they can do on AIM or MSN messengers...nt sure ppl would just throw money away 4 this

3)so think u gonna lose a lot of nm population cuz ppl cry bout another reset and that this is getting boring

4) wanna spice things up? keep crits/items bt make completely new maps entirely and u can travel through old NM world and new NM world 4 like 100 gold or somthing

#56 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:35 AM

I'd pay for this game for only one reason.

1)........... and ..............

Answer: Atmosphere and Serenity
*BTW not the crits B) *

Anyways this game kinda lets me zone out for free.... and if i'd have to pay to zone out.... mmmmm.... I'm a conflicting interest so, i'd prolly make one crit and thats bout it if it comes to P2P. :unsure:
How the hell would I know?

#57 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:58 AM

Ownage, I'm so glad expressed your opinion. Because in retrospect, you've personified mine. :unsure:
Posted Image

#58 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:07 AM

lol

No i would rather pay for something worth paying for.

Well Put. Strongly agree because who says anything would change at all? You really think people desperate to wreck the game for one or all players wouldnt pay to keep doing so? I think that there would be at least a few with the soul intention of making others regret paying for it.

#59 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:31 AM

im sure jlh doesnt give a nuts if "good" players stay or not. Lots will stay with p2p so hes still gonna get alot.

#60 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:51 PM

Lots of people will stay. Everyone moaned about how everyone would leave when they reset the game... most people didn't, and now it's FAR bigger than it ever was. The same thing will happen with NM2.

The game is in desperate need of a reset. As soon as a new area/boss monster is released, hundreds of level 30s swarm over the area, and within a week of release most people have the item. That is pathetic and needs sorting out.

I will only even consider playing NM2 if it is reset. Otherwise me, and most other people, won't bother.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users