• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#271 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:36 PM

Love the Bow and Flamethrower tho woodnt make sense for a zerker to use the flamethrower, berzerking with a flamethrower lol nope no sense at all but love the idea behind it

#272 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:16 PM

12:50:34: Dangerous was ripped to shreds by Buffy's berserk from her Flamethrower.

C'mon, it looks pretty hawt to me ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#273 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:14 AM

Library info for Dreamweaver Blade:
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, berserkers, Description: The power of this ethereal sword lies in its ability to channel the dreams of its wielder into magical power. These threads of power are then woven; some to form a physical shield over the hands that hold the blade; some to sharpen the reactions; and some threads to recreate the very flesh and blood of the fortunate wielder., Level needed to equip it: 28, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.1, Armor: 5, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

#274 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

Library info for Sabre of Vengeance:
Base damage: 30, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, berserkers, Description: This otherwise nondescript weapon boasts an edge so sharp that it splits your skin with even the most delicate of touches. Its simplistic design belies it danger, for this sword was formed with one intent: to slice through flesh and bone, and to rend asunder the mortal bodies of all who stand before it., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

#275 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

Library info for Robe of Illusion:
Armor base: 37, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, paladins, pacifists, Description: Temporal shifts in the physical make-up of this translucent garment confuse and bewitch all, aside from the wearer. The sword that at first believes it has struk a fatal blow will find itself slicing through nothing more than air; the swirls of the robe move, wraithlike, slyly deceiving the eyes of the unwitting., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Edit: bump ;)

Edited by Raylen, 17 May 2006 - 12:43 PM.

#276 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

12:50:34: Dangerous was ripped to shreds by Buffy's berserk from her Flamethrower.

C'mon, it looks pretty hawt to me :wub:

Lmao I like how it was Ste's name in the death ;) Nice additions Alan, even if they are a bit overpowered :wub:

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 17 May 2006 - 03:43 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#277 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:17 PM

lol. I just did /mosh log and found a zerk kill, not trying to make a statement here..................

And btw. You think my items are overpowered? Check out the crystal collection quest plz...........

#278 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:21 PM

Library info for Jewelled Dirk:
Base damage: 30, Can be used by: fighters, thieves, Description: Small but extremely deadly this was the former weapon of the great assassin (name), however it disappeared long ago when (name) went on an adventure in search of riches but found nothing but a painful and grousome death. His body was found outside a cave but the dirk was nowhere to be seen. The Jewels in the fabled weapon are the source to it's power, enchanting it with the ability to inflict huge damage although it corrupts the wielders mind; which may explain why (name) tried taking on the beast that slew him., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: -4, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: -1, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Alternate but extremely low drop rate for either Banshee or Chameleon, descrip may need work since i'm not the greatest writer.

Library info for Enchanted Flail:
Base damage: 19 Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, berserkers Description: Although it looks like the average flail you will deffinately tell the difference when it's put into use. When striking a target the flail emits blasts of fire all around it which is also bad news for the wielder., Level needed to equip it: 10, Magical No, Vamparic: -0.4, Armor: 0, Strength modifier:0, Intelligence modifier: -4, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:skeleton:1.25|skeletal:1.25|Hydra:1.3 , Mana leech: .

Just thought i'd try be inventive although it has a huge bd for lvl 10, it damages the wielder by 40% of what they hit. So even with a cleric it could be tough to keep healed. Alternate drop for Sewage Smithy or low drop rate in scarlet daggers guild off something, or could even be crafted from flail + something + something.

#279 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:20 AM

Library info for Crossbow of Atrophy:
Base damage: 24,
Can be used by: rangers, thieves, Description: A crossbow made of rotted flesh and bones. Demonic auras eminate from and leave a stream of blood on the path of the shot arrow., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: -3, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: .05, Poison/30s damage: 4, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Just thought I'd spice up demonic general, he drops it when he doesn't drop a halberd.

Edit: I mean really, he almost always drops a halberd, for the times he doesn't, now you can get this. there won't be very many ingame for awhile.

Edited by Ryuku, 05 August 2006 - 11:23 AM.

#280 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

i like the crossbow of atrophy, make it like a 1% drop rate, like spyglass so it doesnt exactly flood game, that and DG doesnt spawn every hour like cappy
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#281 Aktar

Aktar
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

bring back undead sword. or stone axe of the ages, like old nm.

#282 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

bumpin dis just to inspire all your creative juices please :ph34r:

#283 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

Tower Shield
Armor base: 23, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, Description: This huge slab of black metal is almost 2m tall and wide enough to completely cover even largest warrior. Although giving unparallel protection, it's weight provides certain disadvantage, making one more likely to withhold the blow, rather then dodge it altogether. Realistic grinning devil face is painted upon surface of the shield, designed to inspire fear into anyone who would dare to challenge it's bearer, Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: -1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Similar equipment:
Spiked Shield: ac 20, lvl 25
Sentinel Shield: ac 23, lvl 30

Add as 20% drop to storage cabinet next to Demonic General.

Arachnae's Blade
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: thieves, Description: Perhaps the most unusual dagger you had ever seen. Skillfully forged in a shape of large spider, with 2 legs stretched out forward, forming an extremely dangerous blade, while the others prove rather comfortable, although exotic handle. As you wield it, strange sensation spreads through your mind, somehow you feel you gain more knowledge about arachnae, Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: spider:1.20, Mana leech: .

Wonder where to take your thieves to train next? Sand spiders, of course! Also can be somehow useful against plagued spider.
Add as 2% alternative drop to Spider King.

Similiar weapons.
Dagger of Spirits - bd 27, lvl 28
Ilythiiri Keeshe - bd 28, lvl 29, const+1, drow:1.25
Emerald Dagger - bd 29, lvl 30

Edited by Sleeping, 05 June 2008 - 02:26 PM.

Does not play well with others.

#284 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

I don't like the idea of anything matching Sentinel Shields unless it is even more difficult to aquire.

The damage multiplier weapons probably won't be done for thieves and berserkers right now...or maybe just not for berserkers. Something gets messed up with attacks that ignore armor and multiply damage.

I'd like to see suggestions for crafting level 31+ equipment.
Nothing as good as Cobalt Bow---we're talking things that'd add like, 1 armor to thieves, paladins, fighters or give some type of tactical advantage something...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#285 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

I've put tons of stuff on here you can use for that!

Flamethrower =

3 Dragon's Bile (15% Blue Dragon drop; 3% Hydra Body drop)
1 Fire Bellows (2 Cinder Lungs (3% Giant Cinder Beast drop))
1 Golden Flax Cord

And Flamethrower stats are whatever you fancy making them.

#286 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Also for crafting---it's often important to use items that are in excess right now, with a fairly mild or slight mix of new drops.

Right now, Halberds, Rose Blades, Sand Wurm Hides, and Crystal Rings come to mind pretty quickly. I'm not sure what else---but there are a lot of other things.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#287 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

Golden Flax Cords are actually starting to pile up, although that may be simply due to a bout of lucky drops in quick succession.

I know staff do not officially support it, but some lowish-end items that use Bright Crystal Shards or something could be interesting. Too often, crystals collected from the Crystal Giant or a Crystal Formation are just dumped or even deleted; I try to scavenge any that I can find, but only because I am willing to work for 4 years to go all the way!

*thinks of a list of items in excess...* (note that a lot of the cheaper items just get deleted)

Iron Gauntlets
Pick
Poleaxe
Rose Blade
Sand Wurm Hide
Scroll of Divine Restoration (can this be sold in the Dendeya Archives)

I'm sure I can think of a few more given time.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#288 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

Thanks to Gaddy for reply. I have some questions although...

I don't like the idea of anything matching Sentinel Shields unless it is even more difficult to aquire.

Tower shield gives -1 dex, it's below simple spiked shield in usefulness imo.

The damage multiplier weapons probably won't be done for thieves and berserkers right now...or maybe just not for berserkers. Something gets messed up with attacks that ignore armor and multiply damage.

Ilythiiri Keeshe (damage multiplier vs drow) have been around for ages and it did not cause any known problems. Also I use my black sword (damage multiplier vs guard) with zerker against bodyguards and did not notice anything funny either. Maybe already fixed?

I'd like to see suggestions for crafting level 31+ equipment.
Nothing as good as Cobalt Bow---we're talking things that'd add like, 1 armor to thieves, paladins, fighters or give some type of tactical advantage something...

Will think on it.

Edited by Sleeping, 07 June 2008 - 06:41 AM.

Does not play well with others.

#289 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

Both of those were put in by Gareth well before the problem was noticed.
The obvious problem came with Machetes being set to multiply damage on Maneaters, and we noticed that pretty much anything multiplying damage tended to cause a whole lot more than was intended in most cases.

#290 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

The Machete against the Maneater plants was a poor oversight of mine, but hopefully it is okay now, but to say that the Ilythiiri Keeshe and the Black Sword are accessories to this problem is jumping to conclusions a bit, especially when you say that I put them into play, a statement that carries a lot of implications.

The Black Sword is currently a rare item anyhow; only a handful exist.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#291 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

What's that, Nightmist is broken and it's all Gareth's fault?

/end sarcasm

I'm just wondering if the logic of "let's make crafing items that require surplus items" actually works...why not make decent crafting items that require things that are tricky to come by?

#292 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

The Machete against the Maneater plants was a poor oversight of mine, but hopefully it is okay now, but to say that the Ilythiiri Keeshe and the Black Sword are accessories to this problem is jumping to conclusions a bit, especially when you say that I put them into play, a statement that carries a lot of implications.

The Black Sword is currently a rare item anyhow; only a handful exist.

Isn't there just one Black Sword? Maybe two?

Anyway, the point was that you put them in---and you were no longer staff when we discovered the problems with damage multipliers on zerks. It is mainly zerks, thieves are a bit less of a problem.
The main things came in with multipliers over 2--and it stems from smite not involving base damage enough to make multipliers do what they should have done.

That is to say, Gareth did not do anything slanted or wrong. There was just a slight lack of testing with damage multipliers on high levels, because they were expected to work very similar to a torch in the swamps.
We later discovered the problem, and we are avoiding damage multipliers on things that berserkers and thieves can use.

#293 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:17 AM

There were originally 4 Black Swords.

Maybe you could make it so you can get something like "Crushed Crystal Shard" (put cg drop in cauldron). Then heat this in a Furnace with a Rose Blade to get a Diamond Blade (+1 char or something).

Equally make a Diamond-Edged Halberd, or something.

or

3 Crushed Crystal Shard + Iron Gauntlets + assorted gems = Gemstone Gauntlets

SWH + 4 Scrolls of DR = Armor of Wisdom (40ac, +1 wis)

5 Crimson Flame + Reduction Agent + Rose Blade = Crimson Sword (26bd)

#294 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

Library info for Quartz Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, Description: Sitting in the palm of your hand, this small ring draws your gaze at every instant. A simple band of gold, set with a sharply cut quartz that coruscates gently as you watch; but far more than a simple ornament, for its defences are stronger than steel and more subtle than the night. Fortune must be yours to possess such a thing; fame it will surely bring you.. Level needed to equip it: 34, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

#295 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:20 AM

yay for quartz ring :ph34r:

i <3 the diamond edged weapon ideas, you could do taht for everything you know

that*

just mix them together to make a diamond edged something, and it has + char.. also a weapon so it cant be used by pacis so they cant get ownt by overpowerring stat modz
Disaster ingame.

#296 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

If Medora's area is still in development, I have a number of drop suggestions:

Library info for Leather Bracers: (Shield)
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: You are not certain where the rawhide came from, for the fibres of these bracers are uncharacteristically strong and supple. Strapping firmly onto your forearms, their dark, natural colour and snug yet flexible fit considerably reduce your visual and audio profile to the eyes of your prey., Level needed to equip it: 32, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 1, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

The Leather Bracers are a high-level 'shield' for Thieves (although other non-Mage classes can use it) that give +1 Constitution but would be a minor prize, like the Ilythiiri Keeshe is to the Ceramic Javelin.

Library info for Orb of Neptune: (Shield)
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, mages, pacifists, Description: A strange yet beautiful artifact crafted from a large, ultramarine shell, curving to fit firmly onto your arm, although how it stays in place is not obvious. On top, within a deep spherical hollow with an overhang, snugly sits a perfect pearl orb, well over six inches across, offering insight into the mysteries of the deep blue sea. How it was crafted is well beyond your understanding., Level needed to equip it: 32, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 1, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

The stat boosts on the Orb of Neptune do indeed look excessive on the surface, but they mostly provide superficial value considering the classes that can use it. Pacifists would benefit from the +1 Charisma, although would have to sacrifice 11 armour (from a Shield of Faith), Clerics would probably not wear this item unless they wanted a very slightly stronger heal and attack, and Mages would benefit the greatest with +1 Intelligence, with contributions from the other stats that are minor at best.

Primarily designed for multi-alt; not sure how these would fare in the 1-alt world.

POST SCRIPTUM: What is the status of Medora's area? I heard that most players would like a new high-level area, but since this one is mostly intact, if I remember rightly, that would save a developer a lot of work.

Edited by Crane, 07 May 2009 - 11:14 AM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#297 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Good to see some big jumps. I know this isn't technically development but, Yet again for Fighters / Paladins ...

Halberd Level 20 / Rose Blade (25)
Then ....... nothing until Level 30 Blade of Time, Mainly in 1alt BoT's are rare, I think their droprate is 5% I suggest either upping it slightly, 7.5% or 10% Same as Malok I believe. Or

5 Crimson Flame + Reduction Agent + Rose Blade = Crimson Sword (26bd)

EDIT: I am well aware of Beryllium Sword and Mithril Sword, both are about as unattainable as can be (1alt)

Edited by Masta, 07 May 2009 - 02:05 PM.

#298 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

Careful there - in reality I think the Reduction Agent will practically dissolve the Rose Blade, although a base sword coated with some kind of magical or metal-strengthening substance is not a bad idea.

NOTE: This the Boss Drops topic, just to warn, not Crafting Concepts - you might want to post that suggestion over there instead.

Edited by Crane, 07 May 2009 - 03:03 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#299 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

I wasn't posting crafting concepts. I C+P from somewhere up earlier, Raylen I believe? My point was to change the BoT droprate or introduce a new drop around 26/27 base damage (Slightly better than a halberd/rose blade)

#300 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Masta: -6 cool points.

-1 for not footnoting your reference.

-3 for calling Gareth a liar.

-1 for posting crafting idea on boss drops.

-1 for the piss poor Time Knight suggestion.

Not supported.

Crane: That Bracer idea wouldn't work out on 1a. Lings running around like druids would pwn tho. Guess in theory that would make it not work for main as well, but I can't see it making a HUGE differance. That Orb tho, very intersting. May I suggest +4 ac and -1 dex? Not sure which would be more balanced. Interesting to see how this would be implemented.

Intrigued.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users