New Event - Coming Your Way

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:03 PM

After discussions with Zephie, we have decided to re-release an event I tried whilst I was a staff member which will focus on teamwork and organisation.

Details :

10k entrance fee per player.

1 character per person only.

Levels 20+, no pacifists please.

Sunday night after prof tourny (will update actual time)

First 24 players accepted.

Players will compete in a team based contest where the 24 entrants will be randomly split into 2 sides. A team captain will be then be randomly selected from each side to act as spokesperson - note, the team captain will be the only person able to talk to the staff member so listening to the teams opinion upon chosing players to compete in each event is optional.

Teams must then compete in a series of events where points will be won. The team with the most points at the end wins.

Event 1 - 1 on 1 duel. 1 point for winner.

Event 2 - Test of Speed (Details are ???) 1 point for winner.

Event 3 - Test of Wisdom (Details are ???) 1 point for winner.

Event 4 - Triplex style 3 on 3 event. 1 point for winner.

Final event - Free for all battle in a small arena. Last team standing wins 1 point.

Note - the more 'powerful' characters may not be so successful as the lower leveled ones at certain events.

The winning team must select a single member from their side to receive the main reward. Teamwork is cruical here - working as a unit without excluding the lower leveled players is the best strategy.

Other members will obtain a share of the prize money and a system message mention from staff.

:P
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#2 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:20 PM

Ah yes, this was a fun event. I remember racing from Arilin Tavern to BT Tavern and won. Great stuff!
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#3 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:20 PM

hell yes :P i loved that event :P was definately fun, great to see it become a weekly deal now :P good job ste! (almost had it in that final event to if it werent for disjunction)

Edited by Limit, 16 July 2004 - 10:21 PM.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:53 PM

Will the first one be this coming sunday? (tomorrow)

Sounds great fun! :P
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#5 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:59 PM

Well, I EXTREMELY like this idea, firstly because I can safely call myself the most experienced player to never get a level 24+ character that wasn't a paci.

Secondly because I'm the best noobie!

#6 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:06 AM

So it's the winning team with the most clannies on it, kool. Dynasty is in a lot of events, we should pwn this.
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#7 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:08 AM

So it's the winning team with the most clannies on it, kool. Dynasty is in a lot of events, we should pwn this.

Players will compete in a team based contest where the 24 entrants will be randomly split into 2 sides. A team captain will be then be randomly selected from each side to act as spokesperson - note, the team captain will be the only person able to talk to the staff member so listening to the teams opinion upon chosing players to compete in each event is optional.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#8 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:23 AM

Was this the thing that the winner got the staff of oblation?

Westcoast

#9 Satan

Satan
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:59 AM

I like everything except for picking 1 best person. I would just rather see they all split it. But I understand why you could pick someone if they won each event. =X

#10 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:56 AM

I will win the test of speed hands down.

#11 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:51 AM

I will win the test of speed hands down.

We arn't talking about your sex life.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:20 AM

I don't understand though...there are 24 people total, 12 to each side. So who gets to do the 1v1 and 3v3 stuff? People in party pick?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#13 Omniscient

Omniscient
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:39 AM

I'm under the impression that the captain picks who to represent their team in those competitions.

#14 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:10 AM

first of all last time the winning team got badges of honor while the final competitor got a bracelet of honor... and yes team chooses whos gonna fight, whos best fit for that event. ;p
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#15 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:43 AM

This event looks like its going to be sweet, nice work ste :P
Sublime - 1a.

#16 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:15 AM

Change the rule so 1 team member may only compete once. When I was in the last event it was the same 4/5 people who did everything, which must have been extremly boring for the other players.

Base the numbers accordingly. Also the treasure hunt to find 10 random items, was a lot of fun, that may be a good addition.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#17 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:24 PM

I thought of only letting members compete in a single event but then I figured it should be up to the team captain to decide what would be best for the team as a whole.

I guess we try it this week and see how it goes - if the lower level players are being left out too much then we will cap it to one event (plus final event) per person.

The main reward item will be a Ring for those interested, with a very nice armor and stat bonus. It'd be unfair to give each member one of these for the week, so I thought letting the team decide who wins (hopefully judging on teamwork, skill, maturity etc) would be the best option. If the team cannot decide upon a winner then i'm afraid it'll be down to a random again.

As for extra events/treasure hunt idea etc -

I'm definately open for suggestions, and i'm sure zephie would be willing to arrange something if we like any of the ideas.

I enjoyed the arilin harabec battle so much I was contemplating adding a 'capture the flag' style event as well, but let's see how it goes this time :P
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#18 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:35 PM

/t newb - I can't actually recall the name of the item I gave away lol (Staff of Oblation sounds right tho) but this is the same event yeah.

Some other info I didn't mention -

Test of speed/knowledge (as well as other obvious events) will require more than 1 player from each team, so as well as the final battle it is very likely that everyone will compete in atleast 1 event plus final.

If that doesn't go to plan though, we will cap it at one event per player to ensure everyone has a go.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#19 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:38 PM

i like the random bit about who gets the prize cos people will just knock others out and a big clan will get the prize.
Feck Off

#20 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

Hmm, maybe me and jen will pick the winner? :P

(bribes to Stigmata@southgatehouse.net)

Edited by Stigmata, 17 July 2004 - 12:45 PM.

Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#21 ºßrêw§l«îéº

ºßrêw§l«îéº
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:47 PM

/t tom i agree or people will just choose themselves or friends random makes it more fair ... :P
¯´`°±~·»"*+-,.BaRkIe.,-+*"«·~±°´`¯

#22 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:49 PM

Yeah i've had a think about it and your probably right......

I think we'll go for the random probably unless we can think of another way to sort it out - I'm not too keen on the random aspect really as its boring lol.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#23 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

really like the Idea, cant wait to see it get implimented
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

#24 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

Well once you get it down to 12 people. Do a random of team of 3, 4 times so it'll be basically a 3vs3vs3vs3. The winning team of the 3vs3, all 3 get to items, or maybe they vote then, or maybe they battle it out for it.
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#25 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:51 PM

Then the adepts still won't have a chance to win, thought the idea behind this was to not make just another mosh tournament.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#26 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:51 PM

The staff should pick the winner.

The only problem is, a level 23 DOESN'T help as much as a level 30, so the level 30s will always be winning! Plus, 10k isn't much for a level 30, but it's quite a sum for a level 23 something! (Not that I can't get it)

#27 Satan

Satan
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 09:21 PM

I'm guessing your level 23?

id like to see the teams just go 3 vs3 then in the finals fight it out for the ring. That takes away the randomness.

#28 Satan

Satan
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

Any times yet for this event?

#29 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:32 PM

We are planning to create the arena/items tonight, and sort out any last minute details to ensure the event runs smoothly.

We'll update when we set a time.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#30 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:28 PM

I'm guessing your level 23?

id like to see the teams just go 3 vs3 then in the finals fight it out for the ring. That takes away the randomness.

No, no, no. That's not an equal chance. A level 30 will ALWAYS win then!

Yes, I'm level 23.

Why not have just another two thingies where newbies will stand an equal chance.

Have, perhaps, a special grenade fight.

At random times (average interval of 10 seconds)

Every 10 seconds, you must move otherwise you lose your next grenade.

The first six to die lose. They probably should win something (maybe, their 10k back?), though.

The next six go off on a treasure hunt in a place. What you do, is you examine places, and you can find things. The arena for this is rather large, and there are many places to explore.

When you examine, you find 'clues', which can, through the descriptions, lead you to the next 'clue'. Then, at the final clue, it will tell you where a hidden exit or something is.

The first one to find the hidden exit gets the grand prize.

The next two get something else, probably something like an amulet that gives 2 ac with a cool name (amulet of the night or something). The last three get a choice of nightshade elixirs, or 15k or something else.

So, that way, it's a fair elimination.

Just do something like that, it makes it fair.

Edited by Mec, 20 July 2004 - 02:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users