Chronos

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:54 AM

Okay, I don't think logging anywhere in Chronos without localing makes sense, and that is an idiot way of asking the question. There are certain sections and squares in Chronos that don't send you to local. I think that's a good thing.

However, keeping a set of alts logged near TK and having your paci run mana through the entire area completely screwing up the area for anyone else attempting to actually go through the processes is mooseed up.

Log to local throughout the area would be kind of annoying. People would just sit around waiting in the settlement on a level 15 mage, and they'd be able to kill any party travelling pretty much all the time. That's ridiculous.

I think the traps in Chronos need to be adjusted to go off only so many times per set of 30 secs. (once per 30 secs sounds fair to me.)
However, with that change, I think poison should be upped to it's old damage.

I don't see why a great area was made so much easier.
Why did poison in Chronos drop when all that's happend to the people going to it is more crits of greater power?

Anyway, I think that's a better solution to the problems around Chronos than a yes or no answer to a poll that doesn't have a decent question or explanation. There was the option of log to local everywhere and no log to local. That's a dumb way of putting the question out and having the topic locked for no discussion.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#2 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:10 AM

Gaddy beat me to it ^_^

Many players, including me, can't manage to stay online for more than an hour at a time because of family or work committments. Being able to log in an area makes those areas and quests accessible to us.

I also agree that the area needs to be changed in two ways:

(1) lower the follow rate of monsters within the area so that we don't end up with squares that have 3 marauders and 2 desert snakes

(2) Allow the traps to effect only the party actually triggering the trap (and not the rest of the square) or put a timer on them as Gaddy suggested.

/t Gaddy I thought that the poison damage was back up to 100ish... am I wrong about that?
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#3 Degenerate

Degenerate
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:14 AM

Well now that y'all have said it i suppose that it would make more sence just to edit the area...I just get to excited when people tick me off...
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
~¤.·´¯`·.§Îçk ÀnÐ Twï§TèÐ.·´¯`·.¤~

#4 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:25 AM

If it was for the server being so unstable I would suggest that all areas of the game be log to local. Doing so would change the game drastically.

1) PK's would decrease.

2) Areas would be less populated, and people that were in them might actually be training for a change.

3) My personal favorite. The gate sitters would have to work their chubby fingers to move the 6 squares from Boar's Tusk back to the sgh.

There are many more reasons why making the whole game log to local would make it better. I only listen a few because even listing those is like pissing in the wind.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#5 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:53 AM

Poison damage was 200 before, I have no idea why it was lowered.

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Ya, poison was 230 before I think.
I just remember that the poison clicked mages (mage hp was lower) because Archie stressed that fact to me when he showed me the area.

I agree with Aeryn VERY much.
Either follow rate should be lowered because people run pacis through the area causing monsters that shouldn't be around areas to drag through. Tigers do not belong in the desert. Five of the desert monsters shouldn't be on one square.

I honestly think Pacis should be locked out of Chronos. They destroy the area and the quest. I know that pacis help players explore, but that is not what is being done. I know a couple of people use their pacis to run mana through the whole area several times over, and drop the mana allowing their alts to pick it up--so they don't have to go to town and fill and go back out to Chronos.
And pacis also make getting Boots of Time too easy. Players collect Broken Keys and send a paci through the area straight to boots. Great Pact and not having to wait to pass the Time Master (who clicks most crits, so people checking boots have to be careful) makes them far too easy to collect.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#7 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

Basically when myself and al made the area we had designed it to fit perfectly into the game as it was back then.

I agree that pacifists should not be allowed to enter the area - as pacifists spoil most things anyway, and in this case ruin the challenge and fun of finding a rare item. However I have memoed JLH about this problem with no response!

No idea why the poison damage was dropped? Wish someone would have asked me or al first before messing with it, or maybe it was something to do with how poison damage was altered code wise - I don't know. When we made the area we designed a few monsters with huge poison damage that would be reletively easy to kill, but could pack a severe punch if underestimated (like the ickle twee fwog!) offering more of a challenge to first time explorers.

I even noticed that the boots of time were no longer guarded by a specific monster we designed to pop up out of no where. The reason for this though I reckon is that JLH probably deleted the square, as it was blank (players could not move onto it) apart from the monster spawn code that spawned the monster, which moved around the portal thing at the end.

As for traps, well - I've addressed this issue before and got nothing from admin, as usual, so I guess you'll all have to cope - however take it from me, we did not intend for one lvl 25 mage to be able to kill a party of arches alone abusing an un-forseen bug.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:44 PM

Ste, you and I are best buddies, and you just don't know it yet.

Anyway...was there something other than the Time Master before? Cause he still moves around the Boots of Time. He goes east onto a square we can't enter as mortal players....sounds like the one you were talking about. (Deals clicking damage to any non-zerker class I think...except when I spell up my druids ^_^

#9 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

leave chronos the way it is and work on better/newer areas plz. Chronos i fine the way it is except for the whole ppl being able 2 trigger traps....w/e i invis through so no1 touches me anyway so idc if u change it or not

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#10 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

leave chronos the way it is and work on better/newer areas plz.  Chronos i fine the way it is except for the whole ppl being able 2 trigger traps....w/e i invis through so no1 touches me anyway so idc if u change it or not

Translating for everyone-
Leave Chronos how it is right now and put the effort of changing it into making a new area. The only problem in Chronos right now is traps going off rapidly, but I've found a way around that; so, I don't care if the traps are set to be time limited because it's not a problem for me.

-shrug- I disagree, but figured the oppsition should have their point of veiw stated in a legible way even if it is completely based on making it easier for him and what problems he has or doesn't have.

Edited by Gaddy, 30 June 2005 - 07:22 PM.

#11 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

Someone been changing poison again? Last time i checked anas did around 100 poison... not quite the 225 of old but better than the measly 10 under the 'new' system

I seem to remember a certain player who used to regularly complete the chronos area on 5 alts.... ok TK might be tougher now but is someone can beat 225 poison anas with a cleric, pally, thief, ranger and fighter then current players who use 12+ alts and have modern cleric spells and poison-resistant zerkers should be able to.....

As for pacis, if a monster is 'kill-to-pass' it should not follow anyone. if it does it was probably overlooked and should be /bugged

Log-to-local.... first idea i though of was to make temple LTL, and everywhere south of it safe. This would mean you cant keep crits in the temple but must stay in the more dangerous desert.

Thinkin bout it... a better idea would be to have everywhere except the settlement log-to-local, and put a free portal to the settlement in the temple. This would let people keep their tk parties in the settlement, but need to brave the jungle and desert whenever you wanted to check/kill the bosses there, and if you find TK isnt in, you can just warp back to settlement. Or make it a VG rather then a free warp

Pacis.... 'Your deity has proscribed the use of time travel' or something thereabouts... would provide just reason why they are banned

Talkin bout chronos, has anyone figured out the full story behind the area? The first part is easy to understand, to get into the area north of the large wall you travel back in time to before the wall was built, then back to normal time when you go down those few squares north of 'wall under construction'. But then what? You go to the second 'down' square and reappear on another version of the same map, this time with the bridge to the village built..... do you go forward again to when a bridge was built, or back to before the monsters of the jungle wrecked it.....

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:11 PM

Poison is worse when you have larger numbers. It's harder to cleanse all of your crits and to keep them all at high health after traps so as to not have poison finish them up. When you're on 5 alts you can cleanse with full stam of one crit. See?
Me actually encouraging making alt usage difficult and annoying throw you off Paul? Heh.

And for the story-
I think you go back in time again once you hit the enchanted tree, using the Orb of Time. I think that's the next time the orb is used at least.
Then you destroy the Orb of Time after completing the quest and examining for boots. The Time God has you go north and that send you to present NM time and destroys the orb...if you go north.

#13 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

leave chronos the way it is and work on better/newer areas plz. Chronos i fine the way it is except for the whole ppl being able 2 trigger traps....w/e i invis through so no1 touches me anyway so idc if u change it or not

I don't think the Stemeister designed this area for people to do that either, but... *shrugs*
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#14 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:53 AM

All irrelevant to me, the place is camped 24/7 by bums without jobs or a life, the spare time I do get on this game I don't even get a look in. Make it all log to local and make it your orb of time disappears every time you visit to give others a chance once in a while.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#15 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:18 AM

Orb of Time is destroyed if you go north of the Time God to get to local. That's the way the quest is suppose to be completed, but most people just log off after they examine for boots.

#16 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:02 AM

GADDY U IDIOT PACCIES ARENT ALLOWED IN CHRONOS U mooseING MORON WTF IS WRONG WITH U WTF HOW AM I GONNA CHECK TK OMG U FRKIN IDIOT STOP mooseING AROUND WITH THE FREAKING AREAS FIRST FROSTBORN NOW THIS WHY DONT U JUST STFU AND KEEP THE GAME AS IT IS U mooseING IDIOT

o shut up tony

#17 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

now that im over my anger i think we should take all paccys out of chronos at least.....unfair how ppl who have them in there get to keep them in there and us who left before knowing have ours outside

Edited by combusta, 01 July 2005 - 05:09 AM.

o shut up tony

#18 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:57 AM

now that im over my anger i think we should take all paccys out of chronos at least.....unfair how ppl who have them in there get to keep them in there and us who left before knowing have ours outside

Because you used your's to take mana to your crits you left at the non-local spot outside TK, thus creating 90% of the monster problem being complained about by your very self. You abused the pacifist and now you can no longer do it, play the game like most do, it was never meant to be that way or it wouldn't have been changed.

#19 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:58 AM

lol someone get a tissue... how are u suppose to check the TK you are suppose to use ur brain and stop crying like a huge nub and get over it... anyways thanks for the laugh. ^_^
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#20 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:08 AM

/bow Gaddy

Keep the good ideas coming Gad.

^_^

#21 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:21 AM

abusing paccy? if thats what u wanna call it sure....but hell u abuse setting traps off in chronos.....so stop talking about "abusing"...its part of the game(or was part of the game) get used 2 it like i did and find a way around it.....like i did 2 u noobs setting traps off

o shut up tony

#22 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:29 AM

GADDY U IDIOT PACCIES ARENT ALLOWED IN CHRONOS

YESSSSSSS!! ^_^
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#23 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:36 AM

<3

#24 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:42 AM

lol
If you build it, they will come.

#25 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:55 AM

abusing paccy? if thats what u wanna call it sure....but hell u abuse setting traps off in chronos.....so stop talking about "abusing"...its part of the game(or was part of the game) get used 2 it like i did and find a way around it.....like i did 2 u noobs setting traps off

FYI, I never did it to anyone until YOU did it to me =)

Anyway, I guess you'll just have to deal with it like the rest of the nightmist population eh? Haha, owned by good ol' change, no wonder so many people fear it

Edited by Ashton, 01 July 2005 - 06:56 AM.

#26 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:53 PM

There been a change to the area? AFAIK pacis could log in the mid temple area and be safe from log-to-local

#27 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

Still can lol.

Plus unless im mistaken people can just run mages through still? >.<

Edited by Prophet, 01 July 2005 - 05:13 PM.

Si Senior!

#28 Gangster

Gangster
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:29 PM

Wont get past the Marauders.
»*¤ ßêg Før Mêrçý ¤*«

#29 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

Invis? or do they vision ya?

Edited by Prophet, 01 July 2005 - 05:31 PM.

Si Senior!

#30 Gangster

Gangster
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

Someone correct me if im mistaken but im pretty sure that if a marauder and a desert snake are on the same square you have to kill the desert snake to pass?
»*¤ ßêg Før Mêrçý ¤*«

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users