• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:13 AM

Seems people are buying and selling them lately. I wasnt aware you could do that. If it is true ...how do you go about it.....and how much are they going for.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#2 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:20 AM

lmao trying to spend money irl to get rich on nm ? ^_^
Page/Memo Beatrix

#3 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:41 AM

hey rappy ever think maybe he wanted to use nm gold to buy one? just a thought

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#4 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:29 AM

as usual rappy you cant stay on freakin topic about anything......did you ever think that people (unlike you) might actually donate money to NM to help pay for the costs to run the game/the time and effort that those who created the game put into it??? ...not just for the custom pic??? Im sure the idea of doing something like that is a concept your tiny mind cant comprehend but hey its worth a shot. If you must know yes I have one and I was thinking of selling it because I could honestly give a rats arse whether or not I have a custom pic. It has nothing to do with using irl money to get more in the game. Now please take yourself and your worthless off topic comments and go to hell.

Existance - Main

#5 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:36 PM

as usual rappy you cant stay on freakin topic about anything......did you ever think that people (unlike you) might actually donate money to NM to help pay for the costs to run the game/the time and effort that those who created the game put into it??? ...not just for the custom pic??? Im sure the idea of doing something like that is a concept your tiny mind cant comprehend but hey its worth a shot. If you must know yes I have one and I was thinking of selling it because I could honestly give a rats arse whether or not I have a custom pic. It has nothing to do with using irl money to get more in the game. Now please take yourself and your worthless off topic comments and go to hell.

why dont they just send in money and not accept the custom pic if they dont care bout it?

#6 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

why dont they just send in money and not accept the custom pic if they dont care bout it?

my point
Page/Memo Beatrix

#7 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

There is no rule which says you HAVE to have a custom pic, maybe the people who have donated wanted the pic...

And as for people selling their pictures, I don't think it should be allowed, as trading characters for RL money isn't allowed either.

#8 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

Rappys comment WAS on-topic, but I guess your tiny mind can't grasp the idea that Rappy was talking about the custom pic. He made a comment, on the custom pic, and you're telling me that he was off-topic? I don't think so. Now, you could say my comments are off-topic, because they are. Get your head out of your ass and get an idea of what on and off topic are.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

Behave yourselves. There are some interesting things to say and hear regarding this subject; please do not spoil the topic with childish bickering.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

I see both sides of the point. If someone was specifically donating money just to get a custom pic, just to sell that custom pic for ingame gold etc etc then yes I could see something wrong with that. But for you to come onto a post asking a simple question with your usual accusatory, childish remarks and say haha tryin to make money by using irl money is just rediculous. Who are you to say what people's intentions are.....arent you all the same jerks who were saying you wouldnt even pay to play NM2??? And that no one else would??? And to say that people who donate should not accept a custom pic if they dont want it is about as dumb as anything ive ever heard on the forums. Did you ever think that when people like myself donated HARD earned money to help NM ....that it wasnt even heard of then to sell custom pics??? NO, you just run on here with your typical blah blah blah making an arse of yourself. If you think thats on topic thats fine, carry on as im sure you will. But this post wasnt made to ask your OPINION of making such transactions, it was for info on how it worked and when people actually started doing it.

Existance - Main

#11 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

Custom pics should be rewarded for ingame activities.
I see no problem with your pic looking different if you donate as it dosen't give you an advantage. But allowing them to be sold for gold is the same as letting people buy things for rl money.
Stadic Ingame...

#12 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:51 PM

Custom pics should be rewarded for ingame activities.
I see no problem with your pic looking different if you donate as it dosen't give you an advantage. But allowing them to be sold for gold is the same as letting people buy things for rl money.

Well said Sean.

As for you Shaginator, if you aren't ready to hear other peoples opinions, get off of NM.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#13 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

And as for people selling their pictures, I don't think it should be allowed, as trading characters for RL money isn't allowed either.

I agree with that. Looks as if it's too late to stop those who have already donated and sold their pics.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#14 Egbert

Egbert
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

This post was not about opinions but it was a question.

Yes, people are doing it. You do it by selling a character with the picture on it, and I have no idea how much they're going for.

#15 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

I see both sides of the point. If someone was specifically donating money just to get a custom pic, just to sell that custom pic for ingame gold etc etc then yes I could see something wrong with that. But for you to come onto a post asking a simple question with your usual accusatory, childish remarks and say haha tryin to make money by using irl money is just rediculous. Who are you to say what people's intentions are.....arent you all the same jerks who were saying you wouldnt even pay to play NM2??? And that no one else would??? And to say that people who donate should not accept a custom pic if they dont want it is about as dumb as anything ive ever heard on the forums. Did you ever think that when people like myself donated HARD earned money to help NM ....that it wasnt even heard of then to sell custom pics??? NO, you just run on here with your typical blah blah blah making an arse of yourself. If you think thats on topic thats fine, carry on as im sure you will. But this post wasnt made to ask your OPINION of making such transactions, it was for info on how it worked and when people actually started doing it.

I will pay for nm2 so your wrong again
Page/Memo Beatrix

#16 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

I agree with that. Looks as if it's too late to stop those who have already donated and sold their pics.

Ditto. Thats pretty much like buying 1 million nightmist GP for £30. ^_^

£3 for 100k? Cool.
Disaster ingame.

#17 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

Ditto. Thats pretty much like buying 1 million nightmist GP for £30. ^_^

£3 for 100k? Cool.

Thats pretty much the extent of it.

Edit: Spelling mistake. =(

Edited by Bunny, 25 June 2005 - 11:24 PM.

#18 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:50 PM

The way selling custom pics goes in-game is, you pay at your own risk, JLH will change a pic from 1 character to another if asked by the owner of the picture, he will not oversee any trades done for them, so if you get ripped off in the process its your own fault.
Sublime - 1a.

#19 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

I got mine for 1.5 mil gold.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#20 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

o.O Thats 150k for £3 - you got ripped there ^_^

Did you just give the guy the money and pray that he'll change the picture?
Disaster ingame.

#21 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

pfft someone told me to post here since i started this all theoretically.

When i first donated there wasn't any intention of me getting anything eventho i kept annoying jlh to give me something:P in the end I came up with the idea of giving out custom pics to stimulate donations. I never wanted the custom pics to be a way to get money/items ingame (as most of you might remember i am against the sellling of items and crits since i believe you should work for everything you have)

JLH actually suggested to me i could sell the pictures if i wanted to. Later Angelus tried to sell one but the trade was stopped by pandilex (i think) but then again at a later point in time it got approved.

I am against the selling of custom pics and my main intention of coming up with the idea of custom pics was to stimulate donations. I regret what has come to it tho and i dissaprove of the selling of the pictures but then again staff made more bad decisions and i don't play anymore ^_^

Edited by jurian, 26 June 2005 - 11:55 AM.

Even in death my hate will go on

#22 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

From the horses mouth. ^^^^^

#23 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

o.O Thats 150k for £3 - you got ripped there ^_^

Did you just give the guy the money and pray that he'll change the picture?

I didn't get ripped. Paying for one with the New Zealand $ against the pound is getting ripped, 30 pounds is just too much for me. And the trade was done through JLH but Ed basicly sorted everything out.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#24 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:36 PM

Mine went for alot cheaper....but that is because I did not want it really. All a custom pic is good for is sitting at sgh so people can see it, other than that if you are training...etc etc....you are generally afk/dnd and no one can see it anyhow. I have heard of them going from anywhere from 1-3 mil.

Existance - Main

#25 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:04 AM

I think i deserve a custom pic for all my PT wins ^_^

no but seriously....i deserve one......i mean if ppl can get them for something IRl then surely som1 who does something good ingame should get them......seriously....think about JLH i really do think i deserve one.....and so do many others....im just saying i do

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#26 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:25 AM

I think i deserve a custom pic for all my PT wins ^_^

no but seriously....i deserve one......i mean if ppl can get them for something IRl then surely som1 who does something good ingame should get them......seriously....think about JLH i really do think i deserve one.....and so do many others....im just saying i do

your head big enougth?

#27 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:34 AM

Lol idc what u have 2 think but it should be done, if custom pics would be given out because of merit I think I should get 1 cuz I have most pt wins of active characters *som1 who don't play nomore is tied w/ me* so gimme a reason why I shouldn't be rewarded 4 that. And its not like I'm most by 1-2 I'm winning by 3-4 and 3 pts aint so easy to win, some don't get that much in a whole career

O and if I get 1 maybe rappy should to for winning 3 weeks in a row

And corrupted for winning all 3 events in 1 week

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#28 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

I think i deserve a custom pic for all my PT wins :P

your head big enougth?

^_^
Stadic Ingame...

#29 GnR

GnR
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:49 PM

But this post wasnt made to ask your OPINION of making such transactions, it was for info on how it worked and when people actually started doing it.

well put, this post was to see how you sell/buy custom pics, not opinions on it...

#30 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

actually to be honest I think if you win triplex/champions/pt all in 1 week you should get a custom pic

BUT they cannot be moved to other crits ever
Page/Memo Beatrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users