Alec For Event Staff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

It has come to my attention that many players in the game have nominated me to replace Derlok as the Event Runner on 1A. I am offering my services to preform the same job. I have several ideas on what can be done with new events (i.e day long scavenger hunts for shiny items), almost with running Triplex and PT religiously on time. I also have experience in staffing for another RPG game and I am quite good at setting up RP scenarios. I'd hate to see Gaz leave as staff, as he is a good one, but he did not run events on his time table; sometimes for weeks. If I am appointed, I would make sure that the playerbase remained happy and could count on me to run events on specific times and without bias toward my new powers.

If there are any other nominations of other players, I am willing to welcome them to this thread. I only created this because my name was brought up several times after Gaz's announcement.

I think I can bring alot to the game, quest-wise, along with stable events for the players of the game. I am unable to clarify what can be done without given the power, but I am more than willing to invest my time in creating a fun atmosphere for the playerbase and am willing to be self sacrifical to accomplish this. I have moral and I am mature enough to deal vigilantly with the behavior of the playerbase.

I would also like to help Prototype with his ideas for additions to the game.

I have an extreme knowledge of all areas in this game and believe I will be able to help expand new ideas to better the world of NightMist, and continue to play my characters. I have a good feeling good things would happen if I was appointed to this position, pending peer approval.

Edited by Tietsu of TSA, 09 March 2010 - 12:19 AM.

#2 DownFall

DownFall
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

I offer myself as the same position aswell. But just to get downfall to lvl 39 and a cobalt. If you disagree with this i vote for alec!

Edit: That was just kidding. I would like to replace Gaz though but i have nothing to show what i can do.

Edited by DownFall, 09 March 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#3 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

I offer myself as the same position aswell. But just to get downfall to lvl 39 and a cobalt. If you disagree with this i vote for alec!

Supported! Dennis for staff!
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#4 Rafa

Rafa
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

im rafa and i support this messege lmao

#5 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

Denneh ftw

#6 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

Solstice Pages You from (Hidden): Your a good replacement for Gaz, Best of luck!

#7 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:55 AM

Change the c to an x and I'd put the vote in :P

#8 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:59 AM

Wouldn't support Alex being staff at all. I've seen him staff on other game and he's abused commands.

#9 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

Not supported. I think instead it should be someone who isn't caught up in 1a already. Everytime someone is promoted on 1a there is a big drama fest over who is helping who and abusing powers and cheating.. maybe we could import someone from main or get an existing staff member to run events at certain peak times during the week.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#10 Ember

Ember
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

Not supporting this nomination, for reasons stated above. Posting on forum trying to get a staff position does not seem to have worked in the past so why should it work now....just my opinion.
Eclipse on 1Alt.

#11 SuperJase

SuperJase
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

Obviously if i was made staff i could fill this position also.

But it seems, even with multiple staff members support, nothing actually happens. I think its easier to drop this "I want to be staff" idea.

The current staff dont seem to see the need for anyone else, so it wont happen. If they want me to develop area's for the game, they know what i can do, they know the quality of my work. Im not pushing to help a team that doesnt want the help.

I suggest that other people follow my suit, because all these posts are fruitless.

- Jase

ps. Dont get me wrong, id love to work on the game. Id love to be able to balance the classes, to improve the game with challenging, deep area's that require more than "Sit, click, sit click, get items". But all my efforts to do so seem irrelevant.

I have also been informed by a member of the current staff team, that no new members of staff will be accepted. Ever. Under Any circumstances.

Any staff member not filling the position you were hired for, not doing the work they were hired to do should recieve a formal warning from an admin. If they continue to not do there job, they should be fired, and a replacement hired for them.

#12 HazzA

HazzA
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

My vote for Dennis!
James on 1a.

#13 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

I vote for dennis!!!
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#14 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

It should be someone who isn't caught up in DRAMA. If Jason still played I would nominate him. He knows more about the game then alot of the 1a server. If Serge still played 1a too I would nominate him as well.

And Alec didn't you say to me that the game your staff on you just mess with people and you understand why Scripto does it soo much?

I don't see why everyone wants to be staff though on a game they like to play soo much. Sure you could make it better but I gurantee it gets boring and also would you have any chance to play it at all? Or enjoy the changes you made?

It would ahve to be someone who doesnt just sit.

Here is a list of the people I think should get a chance.

Jason(Neo, He barely plays anymore though), Chris(Loki He is a good player and knows alot about the game and has the time), Tony(he plays the game and knows how to put up with crap from people without letting it bother him), Cole(Rush -she has no issues or anything with anybody on the game, the complete knowledge of the game may not be there like the others but she has no problem learning and figuring out stuff for herself, Piddy(Vietgnome, He seems to just like to play the game and have fun, no drama no stupid stuff just fun.

If your wondering why I didnt pick alot of people in my clan is because their all founders and I dont wanna see the clan die for staff. I am honest like always.
I would say Sarah would be good stuff cause she puts up with BS on the daily but if anything happened that involved one of the people that has a problem with her they could use it against her so I wont bother. Anywho My choices are good choices.

#15 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

If Dev (Zipo) had the time and wanted to be staff id pick him.

Other then that i dont see why current staff cant run events..
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#16 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

maybe we could import someone from main or get an existing staff member to run events at certain peak times during the week.

This has not happened since Elf left for main. And Scripto has nothing to do with the interaction of 1A.

And for those people who say a staff isn't neccissary; Gaz was appointed for a reason. Now that he has stepped down, I see no reason why someone couldn't replace him. If staff wasn't needed before, than Gaz would not have been put into a position.

My staffing the game would not interfere with my playing the game.
Log on Staff Crit - Run Event - Log on Mortal - Continue playing the game.

I also have prior experience in running a game as an Event Staff on a game I admin for; Dungeon Master. People there are very gracious for the work I put into it. This is the reason I nominated myself to begin with. I have experience.

#17 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

And Alec didn't you say to me that the game your staff on you just mess with people and you understand why Scripto does it soo much?

Joke much? Get a grip. There are certain implimentations that need testings, and yes abusing the playerbase after the bugs are tested are mandatory, so they do not keep the overpowered items. You have a closeminded opinion and don't bother to ask why.

#18 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

These threads always just turn into an ego-fest. I lol'd at Nick's nominations.

I believe a good candidate would be someone who has played NM in the past and has only recently came back to 1a.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#19 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

HAHA!!! My nominations are people that know the game well and arent bias.
I am not closeminded I just think your worthless as staff is all. You even told me they were prolly gonna cut you as staff anyways for doing that stuff. So they being gracious no way.
Last Pande member who got staff just used the abilities to help their own clan not the gameplay.
We dont need anyone whos gonna ruin the game get staff.

The game needs someone who will take the staff position seriously and be happy they earned it.

Alec has not.

LoL

You know what Walt and Manda for Staff there we go.
Their staff crit will be called Wanda.
Problem solved.

#20 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Why do you need new staff? Haven't you heard? Click Here

Edited by Prophet, 09 March 2010 - 05:46 PM.

Si Senior!

#21 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Alec is definately NOT supported.... I have nothing against Alec personally but i think staff should be someone not so involved with nightmist drama...He is too emotionally involved with the game to not be biased... Here is my nomination and it is based off of general knowledge and the fact that he is not biased....Inglastex (Pete) is very smart and is an old school nm player, I think he actually was staffer for another game but i dont actually know.
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#22 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Everyone knows that I would be the best candidate for staff :P
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#23 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Everyone knows that I would be the best candidate for staff :)

Oh Indeed. If this post had a like button I would click on it :P. Matt for EL Dictator of NM!!!!!!!!

#24 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

If standard events are really that important to everyone then they should be automated. I don't know how difficult it would be to code into the game, but I'm sure it would be worth it in the long run.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#25 Dustbin

Dustbin
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

Not supported. I think instead it should be someone who isn't caught up in 1a already. Everytime someone is promoted on 1a there is a big drama fest over who is helping who and abusing powers and cheating.. maybe we could import someone from main or get an existing staff member to run events at certain peak times during the week.

I agree with this. It would keep one more thing from blowing up on 1a.

#26 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

You know what Walt and Manda for Staff there we go.
Their staff crit will be called Wanda.
Problem solved.

No ty. I like being a turnip without staff hax. I would make Aidon look like a cub scout. I could use more examples, but you all get the drift.

I say auto entertainment is what should be done. JLH, get off your duff and code it so we can put all of these "who should be the next staffer" to rest.

Or just make the current staff do something. I'm just saying.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#27 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

Automated events makes the most sense.

#28 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

Last Pande member who got staff just used the abilities to help their own clan not the gameplay.

Completely on-topic and based on factual events.

Edit: Definitely cannot have people wrapped up in the drama of NM. Majority of people suggested are way too entwined with drama nonsense. Hence why I laughed at majority of nick's suggestions. Dunno Pete but he seems like a reasonable suggestion. Tony.. not so much involved with drama but he can be a little temperamental at times lolt... Jason, another reasonable suggestion. Not so sure about running events tho. Piddy would be fun to have as event runner lol. Interesting dude and seems to keep it real.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Sausage, 09 March 2010 - 06:49 PM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#29 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

i agree with automated events tbh.. but like people are saying above.. if someone is appointed it needs to be someone that isnt ever involved in drama...

i think nicks "almost" nomination of jason would be a good one if he had more time to spend on the position...

Though, if alex would be around enough and really wants to fill the position, he really doesnt ever get in the middle of drama and hasnt actually been playing for sometime now.. he wouldnt really have any ties to anyone.... thus imo would be a good nomination...

MY POST'S OVERALL POINT: ALEX FOR STAFF.

Edited by Apocalypto, 09 March 2010 - 06:50 PM.

Apocalypto

#30 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

Whoah...Clay actually agreed with me :) but anyways automated events would be the way to go ....and....FIX COLI :P
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users