Token System

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

Although everyone may not appreciate it, or look past it, I deffinately agree this was the right route to take for the game. Playerbase shot up overnight when word spread about the tokens. I'm not sure if anyone has actually crafted the final product, but they are certainly getting some of the products accomplished.

I don't know everything about the system or the actual costs of the final product (I heard around 200-250K), it is still a nice alternative if true. Can't say thanks enough to those who participated.

#2 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

Wel from what I have seen it is a complicated system atm. Wonder if there is a boss to fight after aquiring all of the items needed to get in.

Time will tell, and it seems like so far so good. Thanks for staff who had input in this system. Such a shame this did not come about sooner, as the smaller clans could have been deeper into the leveling system along side the stronger clans.

THanks again.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#3 HazzA

HazzA
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Its a great system, gonna have to wait and see the secrets of the crafting!
James on 1a.

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

It's keeping me and IceCold busy on the Wiki, that's for sure!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:50 AM

So how exactly does it work if someone doesn't mind filling me in? I understand there is some way to craft a token like item, but from 35 on, is there still a straight gold charge to do it?

If that were removed or bypassed it might make me come over there again.
Autek in game.

#6 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

Ok first off, thank you very much for some hard work being put into the game.

Autek, tokens can still be used for 31-40. This new "potion" leveling system is used for 31-35. Still the same old 2mil per lvl above 35 and 5 tokens for the prospective Grandmasters.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Lame, better than tokens the whole way I spose.
Autek in game.

#8 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

Lame, better than tokens the whole way I spose.

Nah i think its a joke, another attempt at changing stuff that fails. I dont understand why it should be so much more harder to lvl on a one alt server then a 20 alt. Stuff is even easier to attain on the 20 alt server. I made a simple suggestion that would have been workable and it was ignored. The main problem with the tokens is people pking you at them. Staff says they cant make them nopk. Ok well why not make a healable token boss then that drops a universal token? Say give it a 10 alt limit. Wouldnt it be much easier then a craft recipe that is going to take months to figure out? Make it cost the same as this bs potion we are having to craft. I sure hope after getting the potion there isnt a boss you have to fight.

Edited by Peacemaker, 11 December 2009 - 11:39 PM.

Peacemaker both servers.

#9 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

That defies the game element, you all find things a grind, and want stuff to do, then when a quest comes, it's too hard. If you just want an easy kill, then whats the point in leveling at all, just pay an amount, level, then hit scarabs for 5 weeks, pay amount, and level.

Things are supposed to be harder on 1a, if you don't want it to be, you can play main with 1 character if you so desire.

Not even mentioning someone has already crafted some final products.

The thing I enjoy most is people wanting more hints, saying it's impossible, again, someone is already pretty far ahead. Mostly because that person actually plays, instead of cries about things. Also, we're on the 6th day after it's release, knowing it took me months to properly get everything in order that is actually pretty fast. Also seeing as it's a LEVELING system, something you accomplish when gaining exp and trying to level. Not something you wave your wand around and you're done.

Although I love seeing people stomp on it, my promise I made a few weeks ago still holds, I have no problem excluding entire accounts from access. Which shouldn't bother people at all who complain, because for them the game is exactly as it was before I 'meddled' with it.

P.s. thanks for the people who (as of yet still) appreciate it. But negative things usually catch my attention, and mood, a lot sooner.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#10 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:19 AM

new leveling system eh? I might have to pop back over to 1a and check that out :P and thank you staff for giving us an alternative.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#11 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:47 AM

Looks like 1a finally got what they've all wanted. Some development happens and people still piss and moan. GG Prototype on getting a new system in. I think I might have to play a little 1a to check it out.
Jaded ingame.

#12 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:10 AM

lol I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm pretty sure I understand the basic concept of the whole process. Pretty sweet, I like it. Thanks again.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#13 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:21 AM

Looks like 1a finally got what they've all wanted. Some development happens and people still piss and moan. GG Prototype on getting a new system in...

You took the words right out of my mouth. This has been the NM way since its inception though really. People asked for months and maybe even over a year for an alternative leveling system. Something smaller clans can do without rellying on help from allies and even people in enemy clans that are their friends.

Wha-lah, it has happened. It isn't the generic token boss everyone had hoped for, but it is still something that is obtainable by even a level 30. Somewhat easily killable "everyday" npcs now drop what looks to be ingridients to a potion needed to bypass some sort of guild gaurdian.

But some people say it is too hard though. Some people wanted a generic boss that was not pkable, but wanted to have to use a party of limited strength. That is basically asking for a colisium token boss "lite". That defeats the whole concept of what staff decided was "best" or maybe more challenging for the 1alt server. The game in itself is easy enough already.

Before I lapsed into semi inactivity, I would have jumped right on this new system, because the coli is just another tiring part of leveling, kill and collect. I have no future plans on leveling up much further if at all.

This is almost a good as what Tecton had in store for the GM+ system. I am one of the few that got to enjoy it(Jahanahs Peak). It was a maze of riddles and damage traps. It was supposed to be different for each level thereafter. It was both fun and challenging, and it required all of the basic concepts of the system we have in place right now. It just was not boring as balls though.

This new system alows you to obtain items you need for your next level while gaining exp and gold. What a novel idea.

Thanks for the system Mr. Grumpy. I mean Marty. You turnip.

#14 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

Thanks a bunch. Gonna try to figure it out next level.
Apocalypto

#15 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

It's only complicated the first time. Ring of Steel has done an excellent job of working together and gathering said items. We've actually made it a priority to hoarde the items untill said person (involved) requires them to level.

There's always that one person who is going to dislike it. I haven't even decided if I like it or not (asif it mattered), but nonetheless, I also recognize the time it took to put this in. I can say I really like the cooperative effort from the playerbase into unlocking the secrets. Also much thanks to Crane and IceCold for updating wiki on a regular basis.

#16 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

As Alec said, it is only hard the first time around. You can expect to waist some gold in the begining trying to figure out formulas, etc. But once you do it the first time, I imagine that it will become common knowledge on what to do each and every time, but maybe doubling the formula, like the token system is now.

I had a brief disscusion with Peacmaker yesterday, and he feels as if the formula will be kept tight lipped and no one will share. I disagree vehimetly though, as everyone thought the same thing of cobalt bow, and it is basically common knowledge now.

#17 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

In response to Peacemaker, stop whining this is an alternative not a change.

I'm also bored of you claiming main is so much easier to play taking away from the achievements of the players on there: I have a question, if Main is so much easier than 1a then how come the majority of players on 1a are those I would have referred to as gate-sitters on main? Very few of the 1a players had powerful accounts they built up themselves and used. Strange considering that main is such an easy version of 1a...
Si Senior!

#18 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

Both servers are easy. Kthx.

edit: and you should look at this as something fun rather than a burden. Figuring the system out that is.

Edited by Apocalypto, 13 December 2009 - 10:02 PM.

Apocalypto

#19 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

I'm also bored of you claiming main is so much easier to play taking away from the achievements of the players on there: I have a question, if Main is so much easier than 1a then how come the majority of players on 1a are those I would have referred to as gate-sitters on main? Very few of the 1a players had powerful accounts they built up themselves and used. Strange considering that main is such an easy version of 1a...

I can handle myself on both servers tyvm. I wasnt a gate sitter on main i was an active player taking down bosses and pking. Used to have lots of wars before 1alt came out. I say main is easier cause you dont have to depend on nobody except in certain situations. Which in my case makes it easier for me. One alt makes you have to require other people and the other people want you to kiss their arse in order for them to help and im not for that.

And tbh idc if yall dont like that i didnt like the system. I looked at it, payed for all i could from it, tried it, and even died more times trying to figure out a system that i only had two characters that i could use with it then i have doing anything else besides pking. Take it how it is. I didnt like it so i moved on and back to main. Others did so they stayed. For main players try something out before knocking someones perspective on it.
Peacemaker both servers.

#20 Guess

Guess
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

Well thats easy. They always liked just chilling on 1 character, so 1a was no different for them?

#21 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:49 AM

There are 32 characters online, (32 users).

I would say this idea had alot to do with the number increase that has been over the last week?

GFG

#22 Guess

Guess
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

Thats not why walt.. Its because it got cold outside..

#23 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

I can handle myself on both servers tyvm. I wasnt a gate sitter on main i was an active player taking down bosses and pking. Used to have lots of wars before 1alt came out. I say main is easier cause you dont have to depend on nobody except in certain situations. Which in my case makes it easier for me. One alt makes you have to require other people and the other people want you to kiss their arse in order for them to help and im not for that.

And tbh idc if yall dont like that i didnt like the system. I looked at it, payed for all i could from it, tried it, and even died more times trying to figure out a system that i only had two characters that i could use with it then i have doing anything else besides pking. Take it how it is. I didnt like it so i moved on and back to main. Others did so they stayed. For main players try something out before knocking someones perspective on it.

Ah I see so you have problems socializing and that's why you can't succeed on 1a...

As for handling yourself on main, all I saw you do was spam page my alts asking me to sell characters and sit around waiting for people to take you to bosses. Your complaining about the leveling system because you died trying to figure it out, for me this just shows you haven't experienced any main areas properly with mapping them out yourself or you'd be complaining of the very same thing for main.

Well thats easy. They always liked just chilling on 1 character, so 1a was no different for them?

Perhaps a gold and xp over time system would suit some of them better?
Si Senior!

#24 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

Thats not why walt.. Its because it got cold outside..

Very cold indeed.

I havent really had a look at this new system but I sure will do.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#25 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

Very very cold, and public schools and universities are out for winter break in the U.S.
Don't know about the rest of the world.

However, this additional leveling system was desparately needed.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#26 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

Ah I see so you have problems socializing and that's why you can't succeed on 1a...

As for handling yourself on main, all I saw you do was spam page my alts asking me to sell characters and sit around waiting for people to take you to bosses. Your complaining about the leveling system because you died trying to figure it out, for me this just shows you haven't experienced any main areas properly with mapping them out yourself or you'd be complaining of the very same thing for main.

Perhaps a gold and xp over time system would suit some of them better?

ROFL i dont need anyone to take me to bosses. I know how to get to the majority of the bosses ingame. I dont beg anyone for anything ever, and if i believe correctly you was paging me telling me to buy stuff from you, and that was when i would just have an alt logged on the main server and was playing one alt. Get your facts straight. I havent actively played the main server in almost two years. I succeeded in one alt with getting whatever i wanted for myself. Ya i died and i pride myself in not dying as the enemy gloats as its not a very common thing as im usually the one murdering them. I was the main enemy of that clan and i guarantee you they will agree with that.

Mapping? I mapped out the halloween quest area when it came out on one alt. Same with the old christmas quest to.

Learn who you are talking to. Me asking people to take me to bosses is the funniest thing i have ever heard. I used to do the bodyguards and all of tirantek on a regular bases including any of the other bosses in the realm that i found in. I think you might have me confused with someone else.
Peacemaker both servers.

#27 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Interesting as I haven't sold anything or had anything for sale, but I remember distinctly there was a couple of week period where you paged some of my alts asking to buy stuff, followed a couple of weeks later by a stage where you tried to get me to buy some of your things.

If you've succeeded in 1a why do most of your posts come on here saying how hard it is to play and how you can't do anything because Pandemonium are overpowered? Followed generally by more posts whining about how unbalanced and stupid the game is :P

Areas have traps that result in you dieing, to complain because you've died is stupid. Its for this reason I don't believe you've mapped out many areas yourself on main or we'd have never heard the end of it on here - "ZOMG the Hallz of Ails is lyk totally stupidz" (Note: Where is that toggle when you need it :))

I don't have logs to come on here and prove whether you ask to go to bosses with people, but anyone who has the characters you have bought should definitely not be losing alts to things like the bodyguard and then come on to the forums pretending to be the big alpha dog.
Si Senior!

#28 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

Interesting as I haven't sold anything or had anything for sale, but I remember distinctly there was a couple of week period where you paged some of my alts asking to buy stuff, followed a couple of weeks later by a stage where you tried to get me to buy some of your things.

If you've succeeded in 1a why do most of your posts come on here saying how hard it is to play and how you can't do anything because Pandemonium are overpowered? Followed generally by more posts whining about how unbalanced and stupid the game is :P

Areas have traps that result in you dieing, to complain because you've died is stupid. Its for this reason I don't believe you've mapped out many areas yourself on main or we'd have never heard the end of it on here - "ZOMG the Hallz of Ails is lyk totally stupidz" (Note: Where is that toggle when you need it :))

I don't have logs to come on here and prove whether you ask to go to bosses with people, but anyone who has the characters you have bought should definitely not be losing alts to things like the bodyguard and then come on to the forums pretending to be the big alpha dog.

Losing alts to the bodyguards? I havent even killed them since i got back on the main server with my new characters. Get it right man. You got all the false things to say. I didnt die to traps either you moron. I died from pks as im overwhelmed in numbers on one alt. The new system requires you to have to go to obvious places to collect items. I did succeed in everything i tried to do. If i wanted a crit i got it. If i wanted to do something i did it. Only here recently the numbers are so lopsided that i couldnt compete no more with it me being on one crit vs 15+ or so.

And the whole sellign and buying things that you are talking about. I sell and buy stuff alot always. Im probably the most active seller and buyer out there. Now what you are referring to is what a simple hey buy this from me lol. Then a response from you saying buy mine instead. Ignorant stuff that obviously neither of use were going to buy anything.

Edited by Peacemaker, 15 December 2009 - 10:35 PM.

Peacemaker both servers.

#29 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

Jake, your making an even bigger fool of yourself.
Apocalypto

#30 Tietsu of TSA

Tietsu of TSA
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

Pande is a problem in one aspect (atleast in my experience). PKing on token runs. I don't see what else is so threatening about them. Pande hides more training than anyone else who plays. And the one's who don't--- die, just like anyone else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users