• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

It's like 4 years since they added /trade :)

I was reading the old aviators thread on the old forum. Bunch of noobs or what. This I thought was quite funny though:

Basically you know the silly little crits with pretty good stats i always give to people......well i've made good use of the /trade command

You offer to trade your crit loop for Allister's long bow, 550 gold, centipede gloves, ring of windia, advanced healing potion, rope, torch, water, apple.

Allister: ffs....

/t Vagabond: Well i guess you probably don't want your F1 macro made public knowledge

It doesn't seem to matter now but Jared's F1 macro was "#" so he could press F1, rather than # for clan chat. I know, go figure.

But yeah, 22 pages of being flamed by Jim/Momba, Mike/Lappa, Mindi, Mary and many many more...we owned so much...

There's even a post from Kieran on there, he musta been what, 3?

Right back to work I have to learn MS Access.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

The good old days in my eyes were when i'd just joined DHW and matty and fudge still played with me, and i'd log on and jazza would say, Hansol, he's so hot right now, and then say how could he go 4 years without having me in the clan, and that people would actually be logged on killing stuff and say LOAD UP NOW, THERE BE BATTLES TO WIN. and i'd be like CAL FOR THE WIN?

BUT YEAH, people need to come back and play more. aka Kev alan Jazza n joe + ryan need to make friends with me and rejoin and we go killing gsw for funnsies.

#3 C0H33D

C0H33D
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

I remember the banana_rejection days Cal :)

#4 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

t.a ftw more oldies plz
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#5 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

i remember when alan took me and andy to the gnoll fort,was makin fun of the justice blade pic,callin it a whistle.
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#6 C0H33D

C0H33D
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

I remember everyone sitting extremely quiet at Sgh just waiting to page a random crit to join the triplex! :) and the sense of achievement when getting in haha..then the even taking more than an hr!

Edited by C0H33D, 06 September 2007 - 10:28 PM.

#7 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

garrick savino
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#8 C0H33D

C0H33D
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:54 PM

Lyetor (tom, bun, alex )
Genocide
Tatsu & Conflict!

#9 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

I remember Garrick, I remember the Village People concert in the hall that became the gambling hall later on, I remember winning moshes, and it actually being a big deal, I remember moshes before they became guild wars, you met people in the fight, it was different, I remember being the only arch'd crit online a lot of the time, I remember stealing my own gold to level up and then stealing someone elses gold while they leveled up, but most important of all I remember everyone having fun all the time.

I remember Oracle was suspected of cheating once too, and I think there's a good case that he did. I remember Cyric's half-cheat megalomania and cult/clan, Xlibre's real cheating, Xapahan/Ariakas cheating, Zenith's cheating, and then everyone other staffer's cheating accusations.

I remember when Ste and Kev shared, and tricked one half of a shared Paladin (back when they supposed to be unbeatable) to train the last 5 mill to arch right that moment, just so they could get him out somewhere where he could be killed, after which they then proceeded to kill him. That cry baby quit not long after that, for like the fourth time.

I remember fun stuff happening.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#10 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:39 AM

Some good times lol... Hard to put my finger on specific occasions.

Maybe when we first PK'd T.R in spider caves, THAT was such a buzz for a group of nubs.

When Dynasty first formed and t.a was still considered to be nubs, Chris and co. came to kill us in airship and Alan and I handed them their arses so badly haha. About then i started to make a lot of friends with people who hated me for some reason...

Killing Captain Wilson 99 times in a row without a drop, the one time I didn't want a drop was #100 so I could say I scored a century, it dropped.

/toggletranslate and GANGSTA NATION OMFG WTF?!?!?! driving Aidon to go nuts haha.

Vagabond, Raylen and Tatsu (Me, Alan and Jimmy) having the worst stats for mains in the world, like REALLY bad.

Winning my first mosh as a lvl 25 ranger and feeling so great about life after getting paged people saying grats!

Teaming up with an ally clan to kill CG my first ever boss and getting CR on Vagabond with a spider staff, then killing the GCB straight after!

Will post more, just give others a chance to post their moments.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:00 AM

Sitting at sgh to page?

Lol. I used to turn clan, friend, and enemy chat off, then go and sit in chairman vault so all i would see would be the message to page in :)

Always got in and never won lol.

#12 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

I used to hate joining moshes and Quark (Kev) would never invite me into his party, I was like WTF I'M AN ARCH FIGHTER!

#13 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

I remember, once we got good, winning a few moshes with Dilemma. And do you remember that mosh we all joined on mages and murdered our entire party?

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:08 AM

I remember logging onto mortal characters and running about, enjoying Nightmist.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:12 AM

way to lower the tone lol
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#16 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

I remember, once we got good, winning a few moshes with Dilemma. And do you remember that mosh we all joined on mages and murdered our entire party?

Haha yeah that was cool. We did ladies night the following week and lost right?

My recruitment threads were obviously the best in history, how about this gem.

Posted Image

And the DHW song... Great times. We were t.a when we did the moshes though right? Because our win-at-all-costs attitude made Kev and Jason run off crying DH for a life of peace and no drama.

#17 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

ah..the good old days when the lightning dragon event was taking place under arilin sewers..such fun. big war hella fun

and john (old_fart) use to camp in the stairway to jahanna..used to wait till i was leveled on my old fighter and pk me on the second up!

but the real fun part was when I use to fight BoD..and jen..war's everyday south of arilin or south of nightmist

the good old days!
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#18 ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

I R BABOOON!
  \\\\\\   \\\\  \\\\\\  \\\  \\\ \\\\ \\\\\\
    \\  \\ \\  \\  \\  \\  \\  \\   \\   \\
     \\\\  \\    \\ \\\\    \\\\\    \\   \\\\
      \\     \\  \\  \\ \\   \\  \\   \\   \\   
      \\\\     \\\\  \\\ \\\ \\\  \\\ \\\\ \\\\\\

#19 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

I recall the good old days when you had to hurry up and log in because you were probably missing some excitement and some action.

Now theres no hurry up to log in and you can go days without logging in and probably arent missing a thing. :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#20 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

Reading this made me remember when the Giant Centipede was added, and everyone was fighting over killing it and getting the gloves...

Use to be like a main boss for awhile.. was so hard trying to catch it in.

Now its like in 99.9% of the time, sometimes I will randomly stop and kill it just because it was there.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#21 Eden

Eden
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:16 PM

t.a. was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I remember the first time Jared and Alan dragged all us little people to Chronos and Jared started singing crap from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. "LETS KILL THE TIME KNIGHT AGAINNNNNN!" He then proceeded to tell all of us that he was pretty sure he knew the way through these mazes, and perhaps 7 or 8 attempts later we were there. That may have been the most fun I had playing a game, ever. Shame it didn't last. Thinking back, I think it was moments like that, and others like it, that really lured me into the game. I don't get to see how the game works now, but I hope people get that same sense of camaraderie with other players, often from all over the world (I think Kev and I were the only Americans in t.a. at one point), that I used to, really made the game worth playing.

Best of wishes to everyone,

Jason
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored..

#22 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, we had a few from US, UK, Aussie, NZ, SA, Denmark.

I remember Joe got mad at me because I gave you two^^ his dungeon maps heh. I remember taking you both training on teptok loyalists. I remember smashing you at 3v3 but Kev might well have been the best 3v3er ever. And I remember playing you at chess that time :)

<3 u Jason. Hope life goes well for you atm.

Edited by Raylen, 15 September 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#23 C0H33D

C0H33D
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

Crazy Petes above tusk :) when you didn't have to wait for your soul to return, all the crazy mayhem that happened in there :)

#24 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:35 AM

Crazy Petes above tusk :) when you didn't have to wait for your soul to return, all the crazy mayhem that happened in there :)

Sadly, that's when the game started to go downhill, no more proper wars. I honestly believe who ever added that was a major contributer to this games downfall.

#25 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:38 AM

um paci's added too much gold to the game, allowing ppl to training endlessly in zeum and just basically create gold was the worst idea ive ever heard of...Now they can run anywhere, map everything....just stating the obvious

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#26 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:03 AM

i just remember when everything was so important, like i had a piece of paper i used to calc up how much gold i needed to get what and what i needed more than the other, and how much gold i had. i remember when events actually ment something and it was a near miracle to win one, considering there were so many ppl actually pushing and thriving to win

you know i got the the finale round of triplex like 4 imes me vs someone else and never did win lol that suxorz but i had fun doing it, i havent been in a triplex in about a year now, its just not worth it even if i am going to win, just not the same

but most of all i remember the poeple, i remember how i hated some and others i liked, infact my friendlist on my mains was like 500+ and i actually talked to like 100+ of them lol, now most i ever see on is like 20-30 used to it was like 100 or something like that it seemed lol

#27 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

- Windia released for first time.
- The goofy pre-reset character portraits.
- Devout.
- fires of the night.
- Tienno.
- Fun.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#28 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

mmm i was in fires of the night... with slayer and i think his name was virus or something...
When life slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#29 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

I remember when i first played and i was 1alting it cause i didnt know what to do and i got to level 23 as a 5 stat fighter and had a hally and stuff, and then went on a clan trip in Midnight Thorns to the Zeum and everyone was like, this is hard... and then no one was healing me and i died and i then sold my fighter for 70k...

GOOD TIMES.

#30 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

I R BABOON and mage/ladies night mosh...omg

i remember me kev and jason killing ankhegs alllll day
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users