Photo

Tom - Thought I Should Break My Silence To Say...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

Finally found out exactly how the account was robbed, i gave craig pw, then alexs old msn account was logged onto (Di) who then asked what pw was, of course craig had been away for so long there was no way for him to know it wasnt alex.

So a warning to people who share perhaps you should have a password between yourselves that indicates its you, o' and if i were you i definately wouldnt give Di your msn addy her main is Freaky, aka the old renamed Belief.

The real annoyance of it is, that if ed, bill and di had remained permanently banned then we would still have our stuff.

ok bye cya for NM2.

(may reply if i get crap replys from idiotic fools)
Feck Off

#2 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

noone cares?
Primex ingame

#3 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:39 PM

wait a minute. you gave someone your password and got robbed? why i never! it's a mad mad mad mad mad mad mad world.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#4 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:42 PM

k maybe you dont understand the situation, me kev craig alex and bun shared. someone (Di) outside of the circle hacked into alexs old msn account and asked craig for the password basically impersonating alex. and craig gave it to her.
Feck Off

#5 AnArChY

AnArChY
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:45 PM

thats messed up
Immortal God Found On: Anarchy, Lizard, Speed, Clown, Ferocity...
1a Anarchy Sephiroth Sesshoumaru Shinigami...
Evil Never Dies
Evil Only Sleeps

#6 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

By hacked.. I'm going to assume you mean guessed the password.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#7 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

Bad luck Tom. Others in your circle started to piss me off a bit but I still loved you!
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#8 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

Dude you like seriously need a girlfriend or something to occupy all this free time on your hands.

#9 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:30 PM

so dan do you support people getting robbed then, and for the record that was a 5 min convo with craig and about 30secs posting time, i really dont think i wasted sooo much time - :unsure:
Feck Off

#10 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:33 PM

k maybe you dont understand the situation, me kev craig alex and bun shared. someone (Di) outside of the circle hacked into alexs old msn account and asked craig for the password basically impersonating alex. and craig gave it to her.

yeah, i got it. you guys gave out the password. bravo. they were impersonating someone who should've already known!

that's retarded, did you guys think of ever setting up the password recovery system so that any of you five could gain access to the account after a traumatic headwound wipes the password you should already know. do you guys forget that stuff often?

"hay guys i am not knowing my password and account and stuffs? what are they?"

#11 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:38 PM

yeah, i got it. you guys gave out the password. bravo. they were impersonating someone who should've already known!

that's retarded, did you guys think of ever setting up the password recovery system so that any of you five could gain access to the account after a traumatic headwound wipes the password you should already know. do you guys forget that stuff often?

lmao
Primex ingame

#12 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:45 PM

Robbed?

Let me get this right, you shared, as in other people knew your password, then one of them in turn freely gave it to someone else.

That's not technically theft, that's your own stupidity. Why do think you keep seeing people say they don't care. Use a little common sence already. :unsure:

As for the time issue, it went over your head. You missed the point and it's not worth explaining.

#13 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:11 PM

Let me get this right, you shared, as in other people knew your password, then one of them in turn freely gave it to someone else.

They thought they were giving the password out to someone they shared with who forgot it, therefore making your point irrelevant.

Why do think you keep seeing people say they don't care. Use a little common sence already.

Because the majority most of you are uncaring, arrogant pricks.

That's not technically theft, that's your own stupidity.

It is not stupidity. If you shared with someone, and they asked for the password, you would give it to them. How are you meant to know that the person you are talking to, even though they are signed onto their own msn account, is someone impersonating them? Do you suggest that everytime someone tries to talk to you, you interrogate them to make sure it's who they say they are?

If I'm reading this correctly (and I think I am), craig didn't give the password out to "somebody", he gave it to alex. If impresonating a staff member is against the rules, this should be too.

#14 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:34 PM

no, it is pretty stupid actually. if your buddy doesn't know his own account or password, then that's a big red flag. a very serious WTF!? is the proper response. because seriously, wtf kind of person forgets the password they agree on and use frequently?

now i'll demonstrate once more with a comically exaggerated re-enactment.

"excuse me kind sir, would you mind telling me what our password is? i can't remember eight letters and two numbers for more than 24 hours, and refuse to keep a record of my important data."

#15 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:36 PM

Point is relevant seeing as how if you and the persons you share with use the password daily, it would be rather odd that one of the daily users suddenly forgot it.

Yes I am an uncaring cabbage. deal with it, life goes on. Arrogant, well I never made that claim. If you wish to view me as such thats your own assumption.

Throughout the whole internet your told not to give out personal information, passwords, etc... so yes, it is stupidity. If a friend or relative of mine needs a password that's when they pick up a telephone, or tell me something that only they know about me. It's my job to interrogate people, therefore I do it well.

You can't argue with common sence and expect to come out on top. The password was given out. Nothing was hacked, cracked, phreaked, or spoofed. Stuff was allowed to be taken, not stolen.

#16 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:08 PM

How do you "know" that it was Di? Do you have some kind of proof or an admission of guilt?

I'm sorry that you all lost your crits/items/stuff. Would it be nice if Ed/Bill gave all of it back? Of course it would. It would be the honorable thing for them to do considering that it has now come to light that however they obtained the crits/items/stuff, that not all of the owners of said stuff gave their consent to have their stuff given to Ed/Bill. However that seems very unlikely to happen so see you on NM2 maybe Tom. *hugs* I hope that this has not jaded you too much on the ppl of nm because I know of quite a few people that would have given you your stuff back after they found out it was stolen.

Dan: Dont argue implied consent.
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#17 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:06 AM

Pie :unsure:
How the hell would I know?

#18 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:15 AM

If you have the skills to rob, by all means rob! But it will catch up to you, I guess the words Karma.

Off topic:

I have some friends that have a small group that get complaints from people and basicly make Karma happen if you know what I mean, but like in the world of witchcraft, it's three times worse than what you do.

#19 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:21 AM

No big deal, atleast 60% of NM gains headway by obtaining things that wernt/arnt theirs. If you didnt share there wouldnt of been this confusion, *jumps on the bandwagon* -- Dont share

#20 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:05 AM

Dan: Dont argue implied consent.

:unsure:

#21 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:33 AM

i feel bad for kev/tom/alex/bun/craig but just wondering how did he get your acc name
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#22 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:20 AM

Awesome!
Retired

#23 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:28 AM

I dont say much but i say it again and again, you share you lose, never shared never lost anything. do you give out a ket you your house to someone you dont know irl? someone you dont trust irl? someone you have never met before? NO why share. I share in a different sense, i share square space with clan members and friends and jointly go out to kill things, no sharing of crits involved!

TRY IT

ween yourself off this addiction with stupidity and stop sharing!

There i said it......
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

#24 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:31 AM

kev was out tom and alex came round mine for a few beers craig was speaking to alex as far as he was conserned

(when im back on march 1st ima be so evil to everyone u think i was arogant etc then u havent seen nothing yet :unsure: could u imagine a night with micheal jackson and the grim reaper im 30* as bad)

Edited by Bun, 09 February 2005 - 12:36 AM.

Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#25 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:42 AM

Person gets robbed, person posts that it wasn't their fault, person argues with staff and wastes their time for ages, person insists it wasn't their fault, person wastes more staff time, staff eventually give up because there is absolutely no evidence of proof, person realises it was their own fault.

Ah, a classic tale repeated so many times.

And when I say that it never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, everevereverever, is the fault of staff, they don't believe me. Each and every time people have insisted it wasn't their fault, and it has been investigated at the expense of many hours, it always, and I really genuinely mean always, turns out to be their fault.
If you build it, they will come.

#26 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:14 AM

Well said Simon......
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

#27 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:06 PM

Ah i see. When your hacked its your fault. :unsure:

Edited by Sean, 10 February 2005 - 09:07 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

#28 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:21 AM

yeh it is ur own fault...but they didnt get hacked
Primex ingame

#29 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:28 AM

Ah i see. When your hacked its your fault.  :unsure:

Hacking doesn't exist on the NM server. Last time I looked John and Simon only have to act if it was the SERVER'S fault. In THIS case it was simply the case of some idiot having a stupid enough password to be figured out... not hacked. Come on don't be a daft mooseing idiot use that brainpower you have.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#30 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

i loved it when ppl talk about me without knowing wtf happened :unsure: *winks* al i can say... sucks to be you dude... sucks to be you.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users