The Item Vault...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

Anyone else notice how tiny the item vault is? There should be a way to increase the size of the item vault, whether it just be based on the highest level character in your account or allow you to purchase more vault space. If there is already a way to do it, someone PLEASE tell me, I haven't played Nightmist in over two years and I am a little behind the times.

Edit: It really wouldn't be changing anything, people just make more accounts when they run out of vault space, it would just cut down on the amount of second accounts and add convenience. I don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet.

Edited by Lowlife, 12 January 2009 - 05:06 PM.

Things would be so much easier if people would only see them my way...

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Like spending couple 100k and getting a CH filled with vaults that hold 100 items a piece?

Problem solved.

:ph34r:

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

Like spending couple 100k and getting a CH filled with vaults that hold 100 items a piece?

Problem solved.

Your an idiot, what if not everyone has a 200-300k sitting around?
I'd support it
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#4 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Problem solved.

That's missing the point, for one it will help out newer players that don't have a clan and don't know all of those nifty commands for building a clan house, and for another the current vault is conveniently located but almost worthless right now because it's so tiny. Also, what about when you want your clan house moved? You could still have all that storage in Nightmist and not have to worry about a thing. Besides, it isn't like doing this would hurt anything, and a lot of people would probably still make alternate accounts for holding items, it would just add some convenience.

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

I am not an idiot.

If you have enough items that you've outgrown a 50 item vault, you should have the money to supply yourself with a 200k new CH for vault or buy a room in the clan you are in. And if you don't, quit packratting.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#6 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

You are an idiot.
Maybe the chairman has all the rooms full or something of that nature.

Maybe you should stop posting for awhile

#7 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

You are an idiot.

Maybe you should go get your stupid checked, it seems to be overheating.

Not supported though. If you need more space, use char holders and keep them logged in any one of the 3 nm vaults. Do /search item name, /load char, /deposit item, /withdraw item.

It's a free vault, be happy you have that, and not have anything at all. Most of us are.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#8 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

You are an idiot.

Maybe you should go get your stupid checked, it seems to be overheating.

Not supported though. If you need more space, use char holders and keep them logged in any one of the 3 nm vaults. Do /search item name, /load char, /deposit item, /withdraw item.

It's a free vault, be happy you have that, and not have anything at all. Most of us are.

Maybe you should stop posting for awhile, when you come up with a decent insult over forums, please my PMS are always open :ph34r:

btw: I have three vaults and i'm happy with all 3 of them I just wanna see this implemented

#9 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:20 AM

i dont really agree with the idea at all.. however something similar i would agree with is a purchase of a vault in tirantek and/or silversail..

#10 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

Problem solved.

I'd support it

If you do not have the gold sitting around, why do you have the items sitting around?
Not supported.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#11 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

I think who ever doesnt support it is stupid.

Why should you have to pay for new vault space when each account should come with the required space for items?

Why should you have to store items on a character that is unused?

I say bump vault space to 75 on multi and 100 on 1alt.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#12 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

then everyone that has bought a vault would have wasted their money... think its fine the way it is.. but im stupid :ph34r: lol

Edited by Achilles, 13 January 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#13 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

then everyone that has bought a vault would have wasted their money... think its fine the way it is.. but im stupid :ph34r: lol

Theyve wasted gold already having to actually do that.

All im saying is make the existing account vaults hold a little more.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#14 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

maybe at a small cost .. that way if you choose not to join a clan you can still purchase more vault space...

#15 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

I guess everyone is just afraid of change. This idea would in no way affect anyone who continues to use multiple accounts, and for those of us who want a bigger vault on our main account, we could have that without having to make a completely seperate clan or buy a clan house room for 3 mil for another vault. I guess not everyone knows a harmless idea when they see one.

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

I guess it is dumb with the whole factor of being able to just make more accounts to use as vaults...
However, just providing unlimited vault space isn't good for clans, where you can have your own room, etc, for a vault.

To me, it seems like the account vault concept is just an oddity to the game, but it is pretty handy in many cases.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#17 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

i don't know about other people, but i don't even use my vault in nightmist. i hang out in my clan house and that's where my vault is. it's almost never filled up completely, and when it is it forces me to clean out the things that serve no purpose. i'm willing to bet that the people who say they don't have enough vault space have some things like magewood hilts and ropes in their vault just wasting space. nightmist is out of the way for me so i don't bother to keep things there
Page me on Heritage

#18 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

I dunno what to say lol. I dont really use my nightmist vault I got vaults in clan house so thats what I use.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#19 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Problem solved.

I'd support it

If you do not have the gold sitting around, why do you have the items sitting around?
Not supported.

maybe I wanna load up my vault with DPAS? last time i checked their an /examine item that you get free =)

#20 plugwash

plugwash
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

It takes very little work to get a newly rolled crit up to the level where it can give items to other players, just sit a few of those in the vault to store stuff.

#21 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

I had this problem, so i bought myself a clan, a clan house, and four 100 item vaults. for each item type. problem solved.
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#22 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:50 AM

Don't support. As mentioned already, if you're already in a clan, it's not too much to buy a vault room, or make several holder crits to place items on for when needed, or make a seperate account to place things in the vault there.

Again, as stated above, if your vault is full, clean it out, it's probably got some useless, worthless items in it which is only taking up space. If you want to fill you vault with DPA's, that's your own problem, put other stuff in a different account, clan vault or holder crits.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#23 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

ok.. everyone seems to agree that the fact that you can get a clan vault or w/e.. but say your in a clan with 40 rooms already and the vaults are all taken.. that doesnt make it 100-300k to get a vault.. so i think it wouldnt hurt to be allowed to double the ammount of vault slots for say 50k.. but this would take programming therefore.. the idea is going to be shot down more than likely, as i dont see a reason for needing more than 50 vault slots... if you do its not hard to lvl crits to lvl 3 and have them setting at the vault...

#24 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:02 AM

Create your own clan for vaults, if you really need to.

Original Pranksters is a 12 room clan house. Every room has a vault in it, and they've all got a lot of stuff in them.
It works great.

#25 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:48 AM

You know, why bother the people dont seem to get this concept, with the exception of matty, and ryan..

#26 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

I myself am happy with the free 50 item vault we were given. It could be worse, the vaulst could be hit by the economic troubles the world is seeing atm, and go out of buisness.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#27 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

lol.. this is also true.. the vaults werent always around ya know

#28 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

The vaults were not always around to begin with, there was many years where if you didn't have a clan house vault you made lvl 3 item holders for whatever you needed. Also, back then there was no /search to make things easier.

I was suprised they even gave us the 50 item vault in the first place although I do like it. I see no point to having it increased by any more than 50 items. Like what was said before, either make some lvl 3's which take like 10-15min if that to get to use as holders with the awesome /search command, or get a vault in a clan house. Something about the game has to not be so easy.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#29 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

The vaults were not always around to begin with, there was many years where if you didn't have a clan house vault you made lvl 3 item holders for whatever you needed. Also, back then there was no /search to make things easier.

I was suprised they even gave us the 50 item vault in the first place although I do like it. I see no point to having it increased by any more than 50 items. Like what was said before, either make some lvl 3's which take like 10-15min if that to get to use as holders with the awesome /search command, or get a vault in a clan house. Something about the game has to not be so easy.

I know, what's so bad of wanting to improve upon something they added years ago though? I just don't understand why everyone is flaming this idea. For one, it would have no negative impact whatsoever, for another you could still use item holder crits and multiple accounts. It wouldn't be that difficult to add to the game and it would just generally be a good idea. If you don't think it would be a good idea, it certainly wouldn't be a bad one.

#30 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

Actually it would, it'd make things just that much more easier and move another element of challenge away and keep more gold ingame as people wouldn't be buying as many clan house rooms and vaults.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users