Photo

Should Special Pots Be Banned From Events?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Should special pots be banned from events? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Should special pots be banned from events?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

As we can see there is a debate over special pots such as tarma, dark mist, vamp, and nightshades being used in the triplex and both pt's... Alot think they ruin it others think since they can get them and it takes a little time they are ok.

Here is where the final decision can be made.

My vote is remove them they ruin events.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#2 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:18 PM

It'd be hard to stop it though.
Si Senior!

#3 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

Anyone caught using them gets a week ban. That'd stop em pretty quick.

#4 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

They shouldn't be banned. Everyone ingame has access to them.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#5 Dr. Sunglasses

Dr. Sunglasses
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

Why stop them? Everyone can use them... If you can't afford them, too bad. It's the same thing with eq...

But i support removing them from events anyway... :(

Edited by Dr. Sunglasses, 01 October 2005 - 10:28 PM.

#6 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:30 PM

There's an old saying. If you can't beat them, Join them.
Daffy

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

I think it's absolutley horrible that you would have to use special potions in a duel like that. I, myself, don't see the point in it. It's like kicking a puppy.

Have a little backbone, grit your teeth and fight on even ground.

That being said, I don't agree with outright banning them from the events. I know it sounds a bit contradictary but this is how I feel.

If you would like to use them in a fight, all the power to you. You can go brag to your friends that you won an amulet for a week by spending nth thousand gold.
Posted Image

#8 Dr. Sunglasses

Dr. Sunglasses
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:17 PM

It's the same thing with eq... You're all crazy and paranoid and you should stop smoking and leave it to the professionals who can smoke it all up and not get paranoid and think that they are being filmed by a lunatic in the sky and watched by millions of people around the globe day in and day out because your life is sooooooooo exciting and fun and would make awesome television and would never ever ever stop especially when you are asleep for like however many hours and when you do boring nuts like eating the same old crap for breakfast and brushing your teeth and sitting in school day in and day out doing the same old nuts over and over and over AND over AND over again.

#9 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:26 PM

what?

#10 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:04 AM

Special pots are completley different from equips that you put on your character. Equips are there permenantly and are there to absorb some of the damage from the blows you take. Pots allow a temporary effect that is usually quite overpowering and almost guarantees a win. I find it quite annoying because when using nightshades for instance, you can hold a heal macro all you want but its not gonna stop you from getting rounded. Doesnt make for much of a duel if you ask me, kinda gayish.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#11 Ganja

Ganja
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:17 AM

I suppose I'll agree with this one and say jus remove them from events, but that would put alot more work on the Staff running the show cause he would have to search everyone inventory jus to make sure nobody has any but if they get caught ban em for a couple days or so..

#12 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:47 AM

hmm... while u at it remove all pots and mana from game since some people cant afford em and others can... dont cry and make a post about it u can buy it just like them.
Astinus on 1alt Only

#13 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:53 AM

Theyre in the game to be used... event or not(notice I have never used them in events and I don't care if others do)... you don't see me whining cause I dont have a cobalt or RoAs to use in events and some of you do ... this topic has been taled about in alot of past event topics and it still hasnt been changed now give it up and deal with it or just buy them yourself to use.

Edited by Perfector, 02 October 2005 - 01:55 AM.

#14 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:20 AM

It's not the point of not having gold or knowing where they at.. and lose the moronic cry talk wtf are you 10?

anyways they ruin events.. events were made to be won with hardwork and skill not who has nightshades or w/e or who has more of them then the other person... they ruin the whole idea of the events that were made.. its pointless now..

#15 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:28 AM

so having a cobalt and roa's to use is the same thing as getting 10-12 stam, depending what type of char your on, right in a row? thats kind of bs...

take special pots out of events, and its not that i cant find them or buy them, its the fact that they ruin events, ever try beating a mage with a vamp pot? and then a nightshade on top of that? mages are hard enough to beat 1 on 1 as it is, with those pots the only thing that can stop them is a zerk if it gets a lucky smite.

take out special pots and it makes it fair to everyone, some people fail to remember triplex is 25+, not anyone who's 25+ can afford to buy nightshades from the shop, hell i refuse to buy them because for 15k, i can just buy mana and use my cleric and be happy with it.

Flame on, i know its comming. :(
Sublime - 1a.

#16 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:26 AM

i have 2 agree with those who say they shouldnt be banned.....whats the difference between that and eq

like eq, only rich havem
like eq, they help u win

and one who could make the argument about the whole "well 10-12 stam ownz me and i cant put my finger on pot macros cuz im a noob" but then remove them from game if they are so overpowering. dnot just remove from events, cuz that wud show that staff just give in 2 all the crying

Edited by Oracle, 03 October 2005 - 06:09 PM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#17 <3!

<3!
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:48 AM

Why not ban all pots altogether while we're at it? Stupid idea...
"Posting has just become a battle of superior priveleges." ~ <3!

#18 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:14 AM

I had talked to Oracle and we both decided to settle the argument over this a poll to get the nightmist's communtities opinions had to be made. If you don't like it don't read it no problem, but don't sit here and be morons with 0 iq's like rob about it his post will be gone anyways.

#19 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:55 PM

Im just gonna ask everyone one favor, noone is going to agree on this subject but do you have to act like immature babies about it? its a discussion not an arguement so please just treat it as such.

Edited by Oracle, 03 October 2005 - 06:11 PM.

Sublime - 1a.

#20 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:02 PM

Im just gonna ask everyone one favor, noone is going to agree on this subject but do you have to act like immature babies about it? its a discussion not an arguement so please just treat it as such.

i agree lol

Edited by Oracle, 03 October 2005 - 06:12 PM.

#21 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:37 PM

Basically what your looking at is what the majority of nightmist players strive for.

And thats an easy/guaranteed win. It happened with alts when people couldn't win using 1 crit anymore, and now because everyone uses alts they look for another method of acheiving their ultimate goal, which is to remove a character portrait from their target screen as quickly and effortlessly as possible!

Extremely sad, considering this is supposed to be a game. Personally I find the 'quick fix' users quite amusing, as it simply shows how seriously they take this game.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#22 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

I agree with taking them out of events.
However, that should mean all potions that cannot be bought in the shop for the event should be banned from the event.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#23 <3!

<3!
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

I had talked to Oracle and we both decided to settle the argument over this a poll to get the nightmist's communtities opinions had to be made. If you don't like it don't read it no problem, but don't sit here and be morons with 0 iq's like rob about it his post will be gone anyways.

Umm... This is a poll. Expect mixed opinions.

#24 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:21 PM

Thread cleaned up a bit.

I've never really been sure on this and never really been bothered either way when people have discussed it with me. I vote to have them removed because I agree with the statements to this opinion more than the opposing. To me it would just feel more appropriate to not have 'special pots' involved. I'm happy to enforce the use of pots that can be bought in the triplex area only, assuming that remains the overall opinion of the players.

#25 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

The events should be based on the raw skills and finesse of the player and his characters. I vote remove them from competition.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#26 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:11 AM

Here is an intresting angle I thought of.....you say special pots should be allowed because they are obtainable in the game etc etc.......just like equips right? Well answer me this, if "special" pots should be allowed ...then why arent special skillls allowed like covert and invisibility? Because it would make for an unbalanced....unfair fight. Just as special pots do.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#27 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

They shouldn't be banned. Everyone ingame has access to them.

I agree as long as everyone has access to them...they should not be banned from events. :(
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#28 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:45 AM

I agree with taking them out of events.
However, that should mean all potions that cannot be bought in the shop for the event should be banned from the event.

/nod
i like this idea, start events with players having empty inventory if the item can't be bought in the arena shop then it shouldn't be used in the event
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#29 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:51 AM

Not really got involved in this thread, as it doesn't affect me. But I felt I might as well get involved, because everyone values my opinion...

The arguements that're being brought up for both sides are all valid, and all affect things in more than just one way, it shouldn't only affect whether 'special' pots are allowed, as very similar arguements can and will be used for 'special' weapons, and as just stated recently, special abilities.

To be fair, I'm not sure how you can allow one and not the other. Simply because a weapon costs a lot of gold, doesn't mean it should be excluded, players worked towards that. Same goes for some potions, players have to work to get the advanatge of that potion, so why exclude their efforts?

Which brings us onto character abilities. It's like having a cage fight, but telling one guy he can't use any throwing moves, as the other fighter doesn't know them?! In the same sense, everyone should be allowed to use what they have available to them. I can already hear the screams from almost every other class bar Mages, as their Invisibility is obviously a huge advantage. But it's easy to get around. Also shows the unbalance of the classes in these situations. Think a mage is willing to not use one more Beam, in favour of hiding?

I can only see there being two available, fair options. Allow everything, or allow nothing. Allowing everything will leave the newer players struggling. Allowing nothing will upset that fragile emotional tie some players have with winning everything.

EDIT: Added some spacing, big block hurt eyes...

Edited by alone, 06 October 2005 - 11:51 AM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#30 <3!

<3!
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

The events should be based on the raw skills and finesse of the player and his characters. I vote remove them from competition.

Don't you need 'raw skills' to work for the money to buy these pots? I've read most posts and I still say don't remove them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users