Vampire And Monster Trivia

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

£eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

When ; Thursday 7-20-05 at 7 pm Mountain (US) , 1 am UK (7-21), 11a Australia.

Where ; Nightmist South Gate

Prizes ; 20k first prize, 5 k second and fun stuff for door prizes.

Hosted by; £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

#2 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:24 PM

What kind of vampires (Anne Rice, D&D, etc.)?
Posted Image

#3 £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

£eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:49 AM

Questions are based on movies, songs, myth, D&D and Vampire RP.

There are lots of fun prizes, and some don't even require a right answer. ie; door prize for first person at gate to get Gamemaster's attention.

Looking forward to the festivities, oh and btw......how about an xmas rare for the person who reads this and brings a full inventory of 'wine' to the game.

We'll see you there. ^_^

#4 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:09 AM

and sgh why?
ur mom sux

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

and sgh why?

*ngh

and because sgh wouldent be the correct place for this
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:04 AM

please not sgh.

pick somewhere else...

#7 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:05 AM

oh my gosh it says north gate u douches
Page/Memo Beatrix

#8 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:13 AM

Where ; Nightmist South Gate

#9 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:23 AM

rappys a moron what ya expect
ur mom sux

#10 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

When ; Thursday 7-20-05 at 7 pm Mountain (US) , 1 am UK (7-21)

Did you mean 1am UK (7-22) ? Cus it's gone 1am GMT on the 21st.. Being as the 21st is today, and it's 7:30am...

And yes, I am awake at this stupid hour. I'm sure five minutes earlier and I'd have beaten the sun up, though it was coming up when I went to bed... Oh geez. The things we do for women.

Edited by alone, 21 July 2005 - 06:37 AM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#11 £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

£eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:39 AM

My bad, it will of course be 7-22 (Fri) in UK. These events hosted to global players are interesting to plan. Have earned some new respect for the 'Mighty' JLH.

Also, it has been brought to my attention that we will be constantly interrupted at SGH , so prepare to move the party to Sleeping Fox ,where these events will be planned in the future.

It's a learning experience, and I'm learning darnit, lol. ^_^

#12 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:23 AM

Will there be Buffy questions? If so you might aswell just give me the mooseing gold.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#13 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:08 AM

Just cause you know, (and like to watch :) ), that she can do a backflip and kick the nuts out of a vampire, doesnt mean you'll win Jared :P Beware - The Old Man just might be there ^_^

Edited by Roidhun, 21 July 2005 - 11:17 AM.

Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#14 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

meh when I glanced over it at the time it seemed to look like ngh ^_^
Page/Memo Beatrix

#15 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:05 PM

I like this idea, alot. Glad to see a player putting events together for the community to enjoy, good luck with it!
«¤Mêad¤»*

#16 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:11 PM

Too bad 99% of the player base will ruin it.
Stadic Ingame...

#17 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:32 PM

I'm glad to see this player involvement.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#18 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:36 PM

Just for the record, D&D does not deal too much with vampires, except in the book of vile darkness book.

Its Whitewolf that publishes Vampire the Masquerade, and the LARP books as well for VTM.

#19 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

D&D describes them with in the Monster Manual(s). And some things that they offer are substantially different than other things.

(Such as being affected fatally by running water)
Posted Image

#20 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:50 AM

The book of vile darkness goes further in depth about playing Vampires in a D&D setting.

#21 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:55 AM

Even if your not into it or think it might be cheesy its nice to see people doing things instead of sitting around waiting for staff to entertain them. Its more than most of you who are complaining about it do...unless you count stealing/crying all the time/sitting at sgh and talking worthless nuts all the time contributing to the game in any sort of positive way. I say to hell with them, hold it at sgh and if anyone tries to harass you they should be banned.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#22 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

This was rigged, Haze was going to win from the start, he knew the questions, because he payed Gamemaster to give him all the answers.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#23 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:29 AM

Even if your not into it or think it might be cheesy its nice to see people doing things instead of sitting around waiting for staff to entertain them. Its more than most of you who are complaining about it do...unless you count stealing/crying all the time/sitting at sgh and talking worthless nuts all the time contributing to the game in any sort of positive way. I say to hell with them, hold it at sgh and if anyone tries to harass you they should be banned.

what about my trivia where i give 1k per question and 20 questions at sgh ? hrmmmm? it started recently and happens about once a week.

#24 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:46 AM

funny thing...no one was talking about your trivia? was sayin they should let him have his in peace
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#25 £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

£eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:16 AM

The game went well, everyone....Thank you.

The 20k winner was Haze ( who of course had google on his side), and 2nd place was Bleach. Good job to all for some good answers, I'm just still pondering how i stumped so many with Buffy and Angel questions? Guess the 'old' man didn't make it, lol.

There was some minor antics and scrolling, but mostly everyone was respectful which makes me wonder why more clans don't host these kinds of events? Of course we did move the game to Sleeping Fox after Migraine made it clear he didn't want to see our 'gay' trivia....but I believe that topic has been covered in previous posts.

Simulation, how dare you accuse the game as being 'rigged'. If you weren't so busy scrolling maybe you could have been surfing the 'web' for answers like some of the other players. I commend anyone who can search for an answer they don't know.

Next week we will announce when and where for rolling crits for the 'new' Vampire Rp that will be hosted from Sleeping Fox. The game will take bits and pieces from ad&d and Vampire the Masquerade. Mostly the story line begins with a group of Vampires being abducted from planet earth and taken to another dimension, by who and why will likely be your first quest. Rolling a crit will be a mono/ mono session w/ gamemaster so we can discuss what kind of player you'd like to play and then we'll roll and flip for armor, abilities, artifacts and spells.

The next trivia will be the following week, just check here for posts. Yes it will be at Sleeping Fox, and yes it will be on a Saturday so US players will be on in the morning, and UK players mid afternoon.

Till then enjoy the game. ^_^

#26 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:33 AM

The game was rigged, you gave haze the answers beforehand.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#27 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:39 AM

That's crap and you know it.... If it was rigged, how did he not get ALL the points.. Besides, you even said you were using google too, so don't be mad at him. I came in second without using the net, so even if he didn't get them right, you only would have came in third!

Don't be upset that Haze beat you.
Aequitas In-Game

#28 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:05 AM

Because they knew some of us would be retards about it and think just because he didn't get all the points that would be noone would suspect it. They didn't want it very noticable, so he only did it enough for him to win, but I saw past that. Also, I bet you were in on it too.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#29 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:21 AM

Just cause you know, (and like to watch :) ), that she can do a backflip and kick the nuts out of a vampire, doesnt mean you'll win Jared :P Beware - The Old Man just might be there ^_^

/whistle

Edited by Thunderja, 22 July 2005 - 06:48 AM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#30 £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

£eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

This was rigged, Haze was going to win from the start, he knew the questions, because he payed Gamemaster to give him all the answers.

Simulation this is the 'sore losing' that attempts to steal the fun from everyone who plays. I know your not an adult yet, but I'm sure your parents have set a better example, to lose with some dignity. Whats the saying live to fight another day.

What's funny is the door prizes were worth more than the main prize and I haven't heard you mention that other people won most of those.

Now quit whining before we decide to have you for our next meal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users