• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:51 AM

Library info for Cobalt Bow:
Base damage: 24, Can be used by: rangers, Description: Animals are alive. Plants are alive. Rocks are not alive. Pieces of wood and flax cord, those things might once have lived but now are dead. But this bow... something about it lives. It wants. It needs. It hungers. Arcs of blue static jump and flicker across the bow, which seems to want to be in your hand. It wants you to pull the bowstring, to take sight. It needs to be used. It needs to take. It whispers to you silently, the words like a fog around you, promising you strength, promising you power. It hungers., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.25, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Who is going to be first to get this thing and pwn every mosh?
Does not play well with others.

#2 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

I like the descrip even if some others don't :)
Si Senior!

#3 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:43 AM

Sleeping yells from (Hidden): Great advantures! I, the first coliseum champion, appoint you on quest to find "a piece of gold-infused flax cord" for me! Go forth, search all the land and do no fail me! I shall reward you beyond your wildest wishes!
Sleeping yells from (Hidden): Also if you see that rogue Ralman around, please tell him that I'm looking for him. We have unsettled deal.

:)

#4 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:05 AM

I like the descrip even if some others don't :)

I just think the way it's written is poor. The idea is there, suggesting that perhaps the bow becomes more powerful with the increasing amount of lives it takes. It could be written much better. For the benefit of those who can't handle negative comments, I'll even give re-writing it a shot (No doubt people will say they dislike it anyway).

Animals are alive. Plants are alive. Rocks are not alive. Pieces of wood and flax cord, those things might once have lived but now are dead. But this bow... something about it lives. It wants. It needs. It hungers. Arcs of blue static jump and flicker across the bow, which seems to want to be in your hand. It wants you to pull the bowstring, to take sight. It needs to be used. It needs to take. It whispers to you silently, the words like a fog around you, promising you strength, promising you power. It hungers.

A myth, once told in stories books, but believed by many cultures for thousands of years suggests that the wood used to create the cobalt bow derives from an ancient, and rare tree, grown in the southern lands of Nightmist, and would feed off the very souls, slain in it's presence. It is said that the one who wields the bow, would become connected to it, and become stronger, and faster with every kill. A mystical aura surrounds this weapon, and draws you closer to it.

Couple of spelling mistakes in there perhaps, but you get the idea.

Edited by Zelimos, 12 February 2007 - 08:07 AM.

#5 Elite

Elite
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

*like the Desc. better then original.

#6 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:03 AM

I like original description more

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:19 AM

I'd like to see people actually getting the damn thing instead of bickering about a desc on an item it seems no one will have...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

I'm an english graduate, and I much prefer the original description. There's more life to it, it's not like every other description in game with the normal "this weapon looks like this, the history behind it is this" which doesn't really get across the calibre of this weapon. The descrip will not change, stop moaning about it.
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#9 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

anyone know how to make it?

#10 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:53 PM

I think I might be close

#11 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

ez
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#12 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

Emma don't lie just because your friend wrote it ! :)

Base damage: 24, Can be used by: rangers, Description: Animals are alive. Plants are alive. Rocks are not alive.

In terms of English creative/descriptive writing that first line just sums up the entire description! Terrible!

No offense of course, I just don't like the description.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#13 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

worste descrip... EVER :) well done

#14 Foxie

Foxie

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

Criticism over a description is so petty, you may like it, you may not but someone went to the effort to add this to the game for you lot, abit of gratitude wouldn't go amiss. I've seen lots of you go search for this so why not hold your tounges and just say thankyou for the challenge you've been given.

#15 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

I don't personally go in search of things like this because I know a party of my crits wouldn't survive, but I would like to add my two cents. I think the original description is better and unique, although the redone one isn't half bad either. The weapon is a nice addition to the game.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#16 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

Nice addition for rangers, bout time they got a little boost. Thx to staff for the work.
Jaded ingame.

#17 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:00 AM

I like the second description.
Autek in game.

#18 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

i would like for someone to get one so ppl can quit complaining or picking sides on a desc. of an item they wont get. :)

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#19 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:26 AM

lol owned

This is more than a little boost though, rangers are basically fighters with 1 less stam and a clicking ability, and able to do about 15 more damage, although the 1stam and about 10 armor plus a vamparic weapon made fighters decent party members because of their stam and hitrate, now with this addition, rangers are now able to hit harder, removing most if not all of the 1stam regain bonus, +1 armor from not using elven long bow, and get 25% of the damage they deal out back in hp). The most reason rangers never had a cobalt like item is because high armor, hit rate, clicking ability, and vamparic weapon, and strong attack would make anything overpowered (by high armor I mean over 100 without spells). Think about it, nothing ingame has all of these combined

Most people who use alot of rangers will probably wanna get 15-20, and then every boss ingame (excluding ones that heal, depending on if however many rangers you have is enough to kill) can be solo'd

One should be able to be made every 4 days depending on a certain boss spawn.

Although I don't support it's addition, I will abuse it and make alot of them and do ez stuff before they'll probably all deleted

Edited by Ryuku, 15 February 2007 - 03:35 AM.

#20 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:06 AM

I always thought that Rangers were far too heavily armoured for bow-users. As hinted in the above post, they are a favoured class in many alt teams, whether against bosses or another alt party, due to their high damage, readily-available magical weapon (Enchanted Bow + alternatives), and their huge resistance to punishment due to the heavy armour that they wear, surpassed only by a Fighter or a Paladin (the latter using rarer equipment, namely the Sentinel Shield).

This weapon had better be remarkably rare and expensive, for any Ranger using it will be all but unstoppable, as any damage that does break through their armoured shell will almost always be nullified on the next Rapid-Fire.

Edited by Crane, 15 February 2007 - 05:09 AM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#21 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:30 AM

Most people who use alot of rangers will probably wanna get 15-20, and then every boss ingame (excluding ones that heal, depending on if however many rangers you have is enough to kill) can be solo'd

One should be able to be made every 4 days depending on a certain boss spawn.

Although I don't support it's addition, I will abuse it and make alot of them and do ez stuff before they'll probably all deleted

Please craft at least one cobalt bow before making such comments. As far as I know nobody even knows where to get last two companents yet.

Edited by Sleeping, 15 February 2007 - 05:35 AM.

#22 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

I would assume if its gona be a real weapon that you will have to find all this nutse then pay the 10mil for the geezer to make it

Edit: I thought you were an under graduate em? or have you passed your degree already?

Edited by Snoopy, 15 February 2007 - 12:47 PM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#23 Hamlet

Hamlet
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:19 PM

I would assume if its gona be a real weapon that you will have to find all this nutse then pay the 10mil for the geezer to make it

Edit: I thought you were an under graduate em? or have you passed your degree already?

Don't Thinks so. Im only short 2 items of getting it lol

#24 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

lol if people are actually close to getting it i would really assume the final thing will be pay me x amount to make it
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#25 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

One drop every 4 days is wrong cause golden flax cord takes awhile to get, but it's easy

Find me scarabs

#26 Foxie

Foxie

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:38 PM

I cant believe you complain this is sooo uber.. it's like devastate for rangers! party time!

#27 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:14 AM

They complain thats its sooo uber beacause they are no where near getting one.. Except Alex :) <3

P.S.

And Serg but hes not complaining
:)

Edited by Freek, 16 February 2007 - 01:15 AM.

Freek ingame.

#28 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:55 AM

Finding christmas portals was much harder than finding the cord

#29 Hamlet

Hamlet
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

I have an Idea where Scarab is alex so dont worry about it :) we will be fine!

#30 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

dirty rotten pirates...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users