Photo

Multi-alt Poll

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Multi-alt development

What new content would you like to see developed on multi-alt

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

Since I am staff on multi-alt now, I would like to ask the playerbase what they would like to see more of on the server, if it feels anything new.

#2 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

I voted other. Would like some new items and stuff with creativity instead of just renaming. Also could use some upping of some classes so they are used more. Like mage and fighters. Mages tend to be used to move people around or to get into teleport places. Fighters seem to only be used by a few for party leaders. I think upping their abilities will improve the amount being used on server.
Peacemaker both servers.

#3 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

I would like a "All the above" button. Crafting and standalone bosses are probably what I would really be interested in, would really like to see a few crafting recipes that force you to travel around the realm like the Cobalt Bow recipe does. And of course I love to kill bosses so always support adding a few more.

Edited by IXThunderDomeXI, 31 October 2011 - 10:43 PM.

Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#4 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

It's multiple choice.

#5 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Areas.

I voted for "Large Areas" before I read it was multi choice... but ANY new challenging areas that make us think(meaning any level/class or race restrictions/alt limit) with interesting but not overpowered drops. I'd like to see the game developed more in the sense of areas and maybe some well balanced high level items(via gathering and crafting or drops whatever works better for you as staff) instead of nerfing classes like 1a did as a quick fix.. that ruined a couple of classes that I enjoyed playing and they are still intact on multi :lol:

Edited by Gnarkill, 31 October 2011 - 11:26 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#6 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Bumping this topic so more people will see :lol:

#7 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

I voted for all of them. New crafting recipes for lower and upper level armor and weapons. New training areas for lower levels as well as grandmaster levels. Some more standalone class specific bosses, specifically a fighter only boss.
Jaded ingame.

#8 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

some new areas with some undead might be nice also just for being able to switch it up with a change or scenery more often while training clerics/pally/paci... or alteast sections of new areas with some undead in them.

making Trophy Hunter - Kill 100 different types of monster more possible for Pacifists. :lol: but this is me just being nitpicky.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#9 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

I voted for small lower level areas, personally I just came back to NM and started pretty much from scratch having my old account decayed over the years. I was coming up with a few ideas for some areas that could provide alternate versions of existing items that would make it a little more attainable for someone new/starting over to catch up and get into the bigger areas that really only a few people are even using at this point.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#10 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

I'm all for making starting a little bit easier on new or returning players. Quite a gap in experience and attained equipment for those of us that have been around awhile and those just now coming back.
Jaded ingame.

#11 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

I would prefer to see some more areas small or large, even just teamed across from 1alt. I would say balanced for just past arch type levels as this is where most of the active player base is. No point putting a hard core lvl 36 plus area in as it just won't get used.

I wouldn't be against some flighty fast track areas for crits under lvl 30 to help people get a party big enough to play in tough areas. I would also like to see some higher pod areas for training lvl 30 plus.

I prefer drops to crafting, however it would be nice to have a use for giant aquamarines.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#12 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

A hardcore lvl 36 area would probably be enough to get me, jose, and a few other people going steady again.
Jaded ingame.

#13 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

You and Jose will be going steady again? congrats! and you're going to include others in your relationship? :lol: haha had to brotha.

But for real I think some 36+ areas would be great or even 35+ .. I'd have to train a bit before I could attempt them but it would give me something to aim for. Plus like RJ said we would get a few people back who were previously bored of the same old grind and I'm all for expanding the playerbase on multi even if its by 1 or 2 people.

Edited by Gnarkill, 11 November 2011 - 12:08 AM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

Is there a way to put boobs in-game?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

Is there a way to put boobs in-game?

and a "like button" on forum for posts like these! :lol:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#16 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

We already have a few tits gaddy :lol:

#17 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

More Dragons.(as alex suggested in another post.)

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#18 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

As a partner to this topic, feel free to post suggestions to the Boss Drops topic. I can't promise I'll use the suggestions there in their exact form - depends on their design - but it will make my life easier, as item design is surprisingly difficult nowadays.

#19 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

I'm not the best at making balanced weapon ideas :lol:

Another thing that isn't on the list up there but there has been threads about before when there wasn't super active staffers.. could we bring back into discussion the removal of the /toggle who function? I know there was some for and some against.. I don't see how it can hurt since it would make our server look more active/enticing and there isn't alot of hostility and pking on the server to begin with anymore.

Alot of us have made all of our characters visible for that reasoning so its not a huge deal.. just wondering on the staff and current playerbase's input since there seems to be more active people now.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#20 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

You would think that with so many people against /toggle who less people would use it. Generally speaking we can have 4-5 guys on and I'll be the only guy who isn't hidden.

#21 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

You would think that with so many people against /toggle who less people would use it. Generally speaking we can have 4-5 guys on and I'll be the only guy who isn't hidden.

mhmm, this option is not needed .. i would like to post a quote from the nightmist main page...

Welcome to Nightmist Online!

Nightmist is a highly-involved icon/text-based MUD (Multi User Dungeon). Create a fully-customizable character with distinctive strengths and weakness. Choose from one of nine classes, each one significantly influencing how you experience the game. Interact with players from around the world. Form allegiances and travel expansive regions, questing for riches, priceless artifacts, and most importantly, fame.

Nightmist is a community-based game. Player interaction is an integral part of gameplay, from the transaction of various armors and wares, to player-versus-player combat. Because the dynamic nature of the game may be a little confusing to those unaccustomed to the text-based genre, in-game help can be easily activated by typing 'help' at any time.

The fate of our world lies upon you, worthy adventurer. Will you chance the path of the hero, fighting for the deities of light, and striving for clarity in this turbulent world? Or perhaps you are a being of the shadows, vowing to wreak unearthly affliction on those unfortunate souls who dare cross your path. Be forewarned, however, as you strive to create a reputation for yourself in this land. Rarely do the gods forget a deed, and verily, your actions will be remembered.

Be well and have fun.

This is any new players first welcome to the game.

enough said
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#22 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:46 AM

Yea, I no longer feel like /togglewho is a good thing.
I liked being able to hide which alts I loaded---like cleric party, etc.

However, it's pretty useless now and just makes the server look dead.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#23 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

There is the quick and simple solution to /toggglewho if everyone is against it....

Don't use it? lol
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#24 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

There is the quick and simple solution to /toggglewho if everyone is against it....

Don't use it? lol

Do you know how difficult it is to /toggle who on 20 crits? :lol:

On a serious note I support removing /toggle who completely, there is no point in having it... Its not like anyone does /who every 5 minutes to see which crits Gaddy logs on so they know which bosses are in :lol:

On a less serious note why haven't I seen you online Mark? I miss you <3

#25 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Good, went back to school so free time is limited, but semester is almost over in like a month-ish? So I should be on more. :lol:

But for the toggle who thing... its really not all that hard to fix as I stated.. cause sadly I don't for see JLH gettin on to remove it, but if ya'll want it gone that bad just don't use it, would it basically be the same thing?
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#26 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Good, went back to school so free time is limited, but semester is almost over in like a month-ish? So I should be on more. :lol:

Little Mark is in school!? I'm so proud. :lol: What are you majoring in?

But for the toggle who thing... its really not all that hard to fix as I stated.. cause sadly I don't for see JLH gettin on to remove it, but if ya'll want it gone that bad just don't use it, would it basically be the same thing?

I believe the reason everyone wants /toggle who removed is because it makes the game look dead. Even though there are quite a few of us who want it removed some people want to stay in the shadows which still makes the game look dead. I'm not a huge "It has to be removed ASAP" kind of guy but I would definitely support it being removed. Since I was raised Republican I have no issue forcing my belief that everyone should be seen on the nightmist playerbase.

Yay for political humor!

#27 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

Scoreboards or saveable high scores in clan arcades :lol: possibly with a /highscore tetris type command to see the top 3-5 character's scores on that certain game(Tetris in this case).

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#28 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

You know what.. screw it I am gonna go /toggle who too. I'm sick of trying to do what we can to get more players and they run off due to "the server being dead" when there are normally plenty on when you type /server. I'm just gonna give up/add to the problem and sit and play more antisocial then I already do. :lol:

p.s. more dragons

Edited by Gnarkill, 30 November 2011 - 12:50 AM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#29 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Just make this game bigger. Doesn't need more xp/gold areas as there are plenty of them around. I'm actually surprised players still begging for this luxury.

Crafting items for grandmaster or legendary crits (a process equivalent or longer and more ardous than that to Cobalt Bow crafting) would be awesome, more attention to details rather than going past 35 and you just go all clickety-click and spend 1 mill gold every level up.
Våg®åñt §ºùl

#30 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

Heres an idea for a standalone fighter boss.

Name: Lightning Dragon
Also know as: LD, That silly Dragon
Alignment: True Neutral
Spawn Rate: Daily
HP: Twice as much as Bandit Leader
EXP: 95
Max hit: 150
Armor: Medium-High
Dodge: Medium
Magic Resistance: Irrelevant
Undead: No
Special Abilities: Its a flippin Dragon
Money: 10k
Drops: Lightning Bomb (Common) - Dragon Tail (Rare) - Lightning Blade (Extremely Rare)

Library info for Lightning Bomb:
Description: Bolts of electricity arc from a central sphere of plasma inside this vial; the glass walls seem to be the only thing holding the entity in place., Type of Item: Explosive.
Library info for Dragon Tail:
Description: Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales It's almost time for Dragon Tales. Come along, take my hand, Let's all go to Dragon Land., Type of Item: Doesn't do anything special, or is a key.
Library info for Lightning Blade:
Description: The blade is hand-crafted from Platinum and infused with electricity. It can inflict a massive amount of damage by delivering mortal blows. The handle is shaped to fit comfortably in the hands of its user. There is an orb at the bottom of the handle that supplies the Blade with its power. Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:

Would allow a max of 5 level 31+ fighters, the boss would be for both servers.

If people like the idea enough I'll come up with a description and two legit item drops to go with Lightning Bomb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users