One Alt Server

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Gecko

Gecko
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

Okay, so, as im sure most of you guys have realized Pande has become a pretty big issue on 1a. Not the fact that they are so good or blah blah blah, BUT the fact that in all reality they cant be stopped at the moment... they have plenty of people for any token boss they need to take down they have enough for all kinds of trips etc etc etc... Now how are the smaller clans responding to this? stupidly... to many smaller clans want to try to do it on their own which just wont work... pande can pick off small clans easily and especially because they have focused on the easiest class thief... they have all the lvl 35's and getting more high lvls all the time. my suggestion? all clans that ARENT pande need to merge into one clan to try to stop them, now everyone needs to drop their petty issues and get rid of their ego's for this to work which... might not happen im just lettin you guys know the facts. With the stuff pande has right now and "They are such nice people and I would never think of saying anything stupid about people when im trying to make a point" *lol* they can have mad lvl 35+ and stop us from being able to do anything, we need to act fast. What was supposed to be a co-op server has become the pande server and now the rest of us need to co-op to become their equal or better yet take them down. Anyone with any other ideas plz tell me because im running out of em, every boss we go to we get shut down because pande has spies all over. they usually make up half the server and the attendance of the game lately has been great so... u gotta figure 10 pande on almost all times. Right now if i counted right Jases clan »*¤ §úå Têlå Töñåñtí ¤*« has the most arch+ characters. with my calculations we can take out the zerk/pally boss ez... probably demlich too, POSSIBLY gristle if we get support and more members we can DEFINITELY progress throughout the game easily. Trips to tirantek will be a piece of cake. come on people stop being hardheaded just do it! join to stop the inevitable rule of pande of the 1a server!!!

#2 Reaper

Reaper
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

You're right Rich, something needs to be done...
Oblivion Ingame.

#3 Cuban

Cuban
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Agreed' but still nubtub
SaintAngel Multi

Rox em Sox em Boppers

#4 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Good Luck Rich
I dont play 1a or I would help you
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#5 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Viva la revolution!
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#6 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

Viva la revolution!

Word
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#7 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

This post is kinda ssdd. People said it on multi about lets see: LoTN, BOD, TR and I'm sure there were others. It was even said about BoD and MD, on 1a. It's sorta how things seem to go. Having everyone in two different clans would get old, but it might be fun for a while at least.

Btw the whole "no life thing" that's just old and a needless dig, ppl may take your idea more seriously if you didnt flame in it since a lot of ppl at are in other clans but have alts in pande, just a thought ;-)

-Mary

Edited by Shera, 25 March 2008 - 09:08 PM.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#8 Ganja

Ganja
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

lol GG i hope it works out :ph34r: cause man id really enjoy competition

#9 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Some odd reason I think I read a post about this before???

Maybe I am just on crack.. but I coulda swore.. I will have to look later....

But Shera is right... No need for comments like "no life" stupid comments like that.. is why you aren't in clans that work together like Pande...

And anymore comments like that.. and ingame ban ftw..

Thank you...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#10 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

I don't play 1a but I do have something to say on this topic. As it's been pointed out, Rich's arguement doesn't solely apply to 1a. Well it does now seeing as how the main server has died off. If you want to get the bosses and the drops, you need to go out and work for them. Train your crits up so you can defend yourself against these Pande members. It's not that these players have no life, it's the simple fact that they are just good at the game and know where to train and how to train. And if Pande is such a dominant clan, then they've obviously worked past all the ego issues and are working as a team. So instead of complaining, why not just forget the ego trips and get to work on what you want.
Jaded ingame.

#11 Gecko

Gecko
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

All i gotta say since my oppinion doesnt really matter... is check game time on 1a, click the names, figure the rest out for yourself im not sayin anything deragatory about anyone anymore. im not allowed ;). either way, "getting out there and doing it ourselves" doesnt really work, hate to say it lol... pande has numbers that are ridiculous, and i dont think its because they are better, i think its because the people outside of pande didnt really choose thief as main crit. i bet if ANY clan had the number of thieves with DotW as pande it wouldnt be pande at top it'd be *enter ridiculous clan name here*. My whole point is anytime we really try to train it doesnt work out because we dont have the numbers, i've seen MD take out pande b4 easily without numbers just by skill we need more of both lol... and even as we speak pande gets bigger and bigger and bigger. doesnt help that the whole trading between servers thing was allowed. people loaded on main became loaded on 1a it def ruined the possibility for a fresh start for ANYONE :ph34r:. either we do something about it or it wont be 1a server, like i said it will be pande server, and no ammount of "legendary" players from main can come over and stop them no matter how good they are,

#12 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

In NM, everyone comes up from nothing at one point or another. The members of Pande are just more ambitious than most, as evident by this post saying they need to be "stopped". They've worked to get the higher lvl thieves and the DotW's they've got. They haven't done anything every other nm player is capable of doing given the determination. That's all it takes is heart and determination to progress.

Edit: Of the Pande members, how many of them bought the high lvl thieves and DotW's with main gold/crits/items? Same question for members of MD and whatever other clans there are on 1a. It's just a matter of working for what you want and finding the opportune times to go after it.

2nd Edit: Until recently there was also the same problem on nm main, pre-nopk. There were clans that dominated certain areas, yet myself as a noob player was still able to run those areas and get some drops w/o getting wrecked by dynasty, TC, TR or many of the other dominant clans that were once the heart and soul of NM main.

Edited by Pureza, 25 March 2008 - 09:45 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#13 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

I've been paged in game due to my posts on here. The person that paged me, won't use his name, says he's a lvl 31 zerk and how's he sposed to lvl solo. The simple answer is this: The 1 alt server was created to promote teamwork and give the nightmist economy a little balance, at least balanced in 1a. The balance thing didn't work out due to the server to server trading. But the teamwork is a must. Everyone that plays has a friend or two playing on the server as well. If they are really your friends, they won't have any problems with running a cleric to help sumone train. And there are even players that run nothing but clerics so they can heal others during training. There's no excuse what so ever for complaining that there is a dominant clan, made up of thieves. If you can't handle it, quit nightmist, or train your own thieves if it's such a big deal.
Jaded ingame.

#14 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

To my knowledge back in MD that's how Memphis etc got some good training done as well some of the time. Just have a friend run a cleric..and in time he repaid the favor by running the cleric...
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#15 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

If people can remember back to the days of PK on main, they'll surely remember having the same problems Rich is complaining about on 1a. It's the way of nightmist. There's always been one dominant clan or another. Dominating certain bosses and areas, and killing any player that wasn't a member of thier clan that showed thier face in said areas. Yet somehow many, many, many players have managed to come up from nothing to be great players with awesome accounts. It's part of the game, either deal with it, OR QUIT.
Jaded ingame.

#16 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Game time does not have that much to do with what a person does on nm. I should know I used to have the most game time on main. I'd leave my comp and nm on when I went to school, because I was trying to get the most game time. It amused me how much ppl would make fun of other people's game time, so I set out on purpose to get the most. But DM was already arched when I did this.

The only real solution to one clan dominating the game, has ALWAYS been to make another clan, and TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN so that you get as good as they are! Well that or just really not care and play the game cuz you like it, not cuz you want to be the best at it. Being the best is pretty relative anyways. So train people instead of spending so much time complaining, train and get better then them and then other ppl can complain about you! :ph34r:
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#17 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:57 PM

I am so glad I don't play Solo alt. This post has solidified my reasoning. :ph34r:
I still stand by the belief it should have been reset, no trading between servers and no sharing of accounts.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#18 Gecko

Gecko
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:18 AM

OMG... lol "a lvl 31 zerk on 1a" i friggin wonder who that is... lemme look this up real quick... oh wait THERE IS ONLY ONE ME!! jesus man... and then u used my name RIGHT after it, im not complaining btw, aside from the server to server trading most people have earned their crap on their own. the ONLY thing im tryin to do here is make it known that at least SOMEONE is trying to give everyone an equal chance, the clan im in and support now has a good chance at becoming something more and im tryin to get more people so we can do more and more etc etc... i dont care if pande is amazing... we all gonna be stuck at lvl 35 anyway especially if staff does the voting thing to level past 35, lol lots of luck to me getting a vote when pande doesnt like me and they make up more than half the game. anyway, if anyone reads past all that lil bs and sees that i am actually tryin to do something good here, page me on game or memo me on Haze!!! we are looking to move up and want your help and want to help you!!

#19 Cuban

Cuban
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

Ego's....People with egos will always have them ...(me) but i would love to see another great clan, it would be some great competition and a heck of alot of fun....Clan Wars :ph34r:
SaintAngel Multi

Rox em Sox em Boppers

#20 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

Hey I am all for competition and yes I am a member of Pandemonium. Do you know why we have the most members? We put aside our egos and trash talking and started working together as a clan helping people level, doing bosses, etc. We don't sit there and name call and all that kiddy garbage either. I have friends in other clans that I gladly help out too. We are #1 and got #1 by devoting our time to training and using our motivation to want to be the best. We had the same problem way before pande was made when MD was the best and had the most members. Look at us though, we kept training and fighting, and look we made it past them. It's hard for others when we do pk, but I will pk those that are rude and obnoxious and try to spread fake garbage about people having no lives or what not just because they are better at the game then someone else. The whole 1 clan dominance has always been on nightmist and someone always comes a long farther down the road and takes over. It's bound to happen, just keep training and do so in places that are not so obvious.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#21 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:40 AM

This is from Jay (hells_angel), not me:

You're talking about taking down pande, but when it succeeds we will be the biggest clan around and someone is bound to do it to us. It's an endless cycle. He moves that we keep the smaller clans but ALL ally, and when another clan needs help we actually help said clan. We could team up on boss trips etc. but still keep our smaller clans and try to restore some balance. Everyone wants the biggest clan... instead of 2 big clans that are aways fighting we should have a few small clans that all work together.
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#22 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:47 AM

It's bound to happen, just keep training and do so in places that are not so obvious.

So places that aren't so obvious include everywhere?

#23 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:18 AM

No just spots not right out in the open such as hedges or rg, even training when not many on.. Or it is not entirely out of the question to not be ignorant/antisocial/rude like some people and try to make friends with people in Pande and other clans
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#24 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:35 AM

i dont play 1a but this is just an idea i had. This will only help the leveling from 30-35 for those who cant get parties together to kill the colliseum bosses to get the tokens. Why doesnt pande go and harvest alot of the different tokens and sell them for a decent amount b/c these players who cant get the parties to kill them can get gold. I would think that'd be pretty profitable.
idk just an idea :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

#25 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:18 AM

i guess im just a capitalist :ph34r:
thanx jake
Neo Ingame

#26 Lord_Poseidon

Lord_Poseidon
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

Are complaints about dominant clans new? For a long time it was MD. I have to admit I liked back when I was in LS which was strong at the time and had some good fights vs. MD. Clans don't need to be evenly matched for great battles but, it helps if they can at least compete.

Some really complain about the theives in Pande.....why? If certain Mages/Druids came back or were allowed back, I think MD could still give Pande good competition. The demise of MD opened up a huge vacuum.

Most often clans that have the majority of the elite hitters have all the ego problems. Historically they splinter to some degree. The fact that Pande has retained so many for this long is a tribute to that clan. True leadership is needed to hold on to that for any length of time. I salute Pande for cooperating among themselves and restraining egos that might otherwise wish to "lord their superiority" over the rest of the commoners. I don't see a lot of name calling over there. That helps.

The whole Pande dominance thing did have one predictable outcome. With MD no longer being the "Great Evil" we all loved to hate, the pk'rs in Pande were bound to get bored and want to look for fresh meat. Predictably, Pande began to drop alliances with many clans to open more pk opportunities. This is to include my clan unfortunately. Ðèpth§ õf HãÐè§ has long enjoyed a close alliance with Pande. I have personally went on many of their token and emerald dagger runs. Now.......Pk's on my clan have already gone up.

How do I deal with it? Try to train more and in different places. Try to recruit more aggressively. Help my people level. I also still have friends in Pande. I used to have good friends in MD that I never would hit or be hit by. I guess I'll take that past experience and apply it here. I have already been on a run with a clan that wants to be Pande's rival. Whenever Pande offers a joint run.......I'll take it when I have time to commit.

I'll embrace friendships offered and do my best to fight whomever the new "great evil" might be. I've been hunted before by a dominant clan and done alright. If Pande comes after my clan and I, then we will have to deal as best we can and ally were possible. I already personally expressed my disappointment over losing an alliance with Pande, a clan filled with many of my friends. What you won't see me do is continually cry about it, or attack their real life personalities.

#27 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

No just spots not right out in the open such as hedges or rg, even training when not many on.

Or Barracks or IT or the sewers or the large forest or the gnoll fortress or the spider tunnels or the... Do I need to go on?

Or it is not entirely out of the question to not be ignorant/antisocial/rude like some people and try to make friends with people in Pande and other clans

And if I wasn't killed on the spot whenever I run into Pande anywhere I would probably strike up a convo. But I've been playing on 1alt for about 2 months and have been killed enough by pande to be a little bitter towards the entire clan. Sure I've talked with a couple people, but for some reasons all of the conversations contain something in the way of trying to coax me into a square where they could kill me. I've almost quit a couple times now because of how hard it is to play if you aren't in pande.

Listen, I don't have anything against anyone personally in the clan. I just hate running for my life because everyone I see (or don't see) is an arch from pande.

#28 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

If you can't beat them, join them.

And to the guy above me;

"No just spots not right out in the open such as hedges or rg, even training when not many on.

Or Barracks or IT or the sewers or the large forest or the gnoll fortress or the spider tunnels or the... Do I need to go on? "

Then don't train there, there are tonnes of other places where there is good experiance. Faravar is namely one of them, and because of the traps and the ktp nobody is going to come up there just to kill you. That mountainous area south of rose garden, even the mountain path on the way to Balrog for the wolves/mountain lions. Even, if you have a couple people with you, the desert - nobody will find you there.

The NM world is definately big enough, and I have listed some of the more obvious areas, but there are many more you can hide from.
Disaster ingame.

#29 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:08 AM

Can't we just hold hands and all get along?

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#30 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

Hey I am all for competition and yes I am a member of Pandemonium. Do you know why we have the most members? We put aside our egos and trash talking and started working together as a clan helping people level, doing bosses, etc. We don't sit there and name call and all that kiddy garbage either.

wow pande changed since i quit

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users