Modern Players

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

Well, I have been online far less since starting college. Many of the players who were around while I was on quite a bit have been long gone now, and many of the current players are people I don't know or recognize.

I'd like people to post who they are, main characters (on each server), and anything else they'd like to.

I am Stadius on Nightmist and 1-alt.
On Nightmist, my main character is Gaddy.
Other mains/common characters leading my parties- Lancaster, Hydrogen, Alkaline, Florist, and Socrates.

On 1-Alt- I do not play mortals often. I can occasionally be found on Elf's characters. My main there is Prankster, but I stopped messing with him a while back.
I may be a bit more active there over the summer, but that's not highly likely.

I've played Nightmist for a long time. I honestly don't know how long anymore, several years. I originally played Lancaster, a fighter that I still run in my main party. I have had 3 different versions of my main cleric, Gaddy.
I made a lot of suggestions and the sort as a player, and I was brought on as staff with the group addition a while back.

In real life, I am now finishing up sophomore year of college at Oklahoma State University. I'm majoring in civil engineering with the environmental option. I do well in school.
I'm a member of Phi Delta Theta, and I live in our fraternity house. I play soccer, indoor and outdoor, and that's about all as far as athletics now-a-days.
I'll be in Panama City, FL over Spring Break...being ridiculous.
This summer I will be in Houston for an internship with ConocoPhillips. I'm really looking forward to that.

That's it in a nutshell, I guess.

PS- Anything posted on here that is even slightly rude towards others will result in extended bans on forums and in-game, both servers.
I want this to be open for people to feel comfortable talking about themselves in general.
Insults will not be tolerated.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#2 LostMagicianGrl

LostMagicianGrl
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

Hiya Gaddy,

On one alt server my main is Sweet_Purity, though i run several different characters. All have my tag sweet n sassy that are over lvl 10. On main I can be found on Loyal, Sweet_Love, Queue, Sweet_Purity, and about a million other sweet_'s. I think i met you a couple of times while you were on Elfie's mortals while i was in MD. :ph34r:

In real life i'm a homemaker. I cant really think of anything else to add to this so...lol idk x.x

Sweet_Purity/Bunnie on 1-alt and Queue/Raj/Sweet_Purity on main.

#3 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

My main character on either server is Shapeshifter.

Im more frequently found on the 1 alt server than the multi server, because I have more "muscle" over on the 1alt side than I do on the multi side. Though occasionally I do show up on the multi server as Shapeshifter, along with my running party of theives and a couple more druids, they all share my clan tag. I'm always available to train or party with on the main or 1alt servers, just get ahold of me if Im on one server or the other, Im always glad to help, especially new players.

Currently I've completed 1 year of college before making a self choice to stop for a time, but I plan on going back once I get everything that got in the way before, out of the way. I work part time as a dietary aide at a nursing home, not much to say there, just fill orders and bring trays up to the floors for the residents.

Im normally carefree and not alot bothers me, though I do have a temper when its brought about, though not many things, or many people, know how to edge it out of me.

And thats me.
Shapeshifter

"Slow Your Roll" << Sobe Cap

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

My name is Clayton, and I'm a Nightmist addict.

When I first started playing, 'bout 5/6 years ago, I had a couple crits; Clayton, Jebizo, Mongol, 187. Then I quit for couple years and restarted under the alias Sausage. Had buncha crits, Sausage, Gold (The crit with the pic of gold that everyone tried picking up) and Cyst to name a few. Then ended up moving out of my mom's house and getting my own place for awhile and was absent from NM for a couple years. Then I just restarted in the end of November. And haven't looked back since.

I don't play 1alt. Although from time to time you can catch me on Nazareth to see if anything cool is going on (which more often than not, there's not).

I'm 20 years old and I live just outside of Flint, Michigan. I'm currently enrolled at Mott Community College and am planning to transfer to Saginaw Valley State University some time next year. I love football and have played since I can remember. I play Wide Receiver and set two school records, however taking a year off and medicore (to say the best) grades in high school have stopped me from playing ball in college. However after transferring to SVSU I plan to play on the football team. I've never liked school. I've always aced tests but never done my homework. Although after taking a year off from school I've realized I don't have much of a choice, and have been working quite hard on my grades.

Edit: And oh ya, all of my crits have Sausage in the name slot. ;p

Edited by Sausage, 24 February 2008 - 12:35 AM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#5 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

haha i had to do this.

hello, im kieran and i've been sober for three days now :ph34r:

my main on nightmist is Disaster, and 1-alt is.. Disaster. but you'll see me on phoenix and/or vanquish too.

i've been playing nightmist from the beginning, my first character being INTERCOM. but this was deleted after the reset. I guess i was so miffed about losing this level 15 fighter i gave up for a while, but not for long. i came back with a new fighter that went by the name of Xcelon, played this for a long time then moved onto a cleric, called Vajin. potatoe, rofl. this was my main for the longest time then about three or four years ago i transferred to Mystic which was a birthday present from the best person on nightmist. this was my main for about two years then as i played more and more a mage leader was needed, thus came Disaster, my current leader.

yeaaaaah. i've played for ages, but i've also quit for ages, so im not that addicted. ish. in my spare time i like to skateboard and snowboard.. and wakeboard.. and surf actually. any sport with a board and im down for it.

oh yeah. and my real names kieran. haha ^^
Disaster ingame.

#6 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

Well i might as well post it to. My name is Jacob. My main on multi is Peacemaker and on 1alt is War. I originally started to play in 2002 for just about a month then i lost access to the internet. I have been back for bout 2 years now. I know my way around most places and if i dont know it by heart then i got most of the maps for them. I'm very helpful in teaching you ways to play nm effectively. I'm very good at trading and making deals thus being how i get alot of my things. So pricing on main is something i would easily be able to help with if you need. I have my own clan in which i invite anyone who wants to join as long as they are respectful. I have some friends on here and some people that dislike me. I am very big on respect and that is something that is important to me. Currently i am married and have three beautiful kids. My first daughter is 4 1/2 my son is 1 1/2 and my youngest daughter is 6 months old. My current job atm is a bouncer at a strip club....but will be moving up to management shortly. My actual trade is an electrician though. Hit me up ingame if you have questions and stuff. If you are new i dont mind teaching you how to do things as i am very patient. Thats about it.
Peacemaker both servers.

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hi, my name is Gareth and I'm an alcoholic Nightmistaholic!

I first started playing in January 2004, introduced to the game by Charon, who was spirited away by World of Warcraft a long time ago! On both servers, my main has always been Crane, and always a Paladin (with one exception that I rather not go into).

On the main server, still my server of choice, my main crits tend to be Crane and Europa, the latter gaining me notoriety for being a Pacifist lover. For the 1-alt server, which I don't tend to like as much due to the politics and general unfriendliness you get, I use Crane and sometimes Titania, a Druid that also exists on the multi-alt server under my control.

I've made some close friends during my time on Nightmist, although letting myself get addicted to the game has harmed my academic path at times, and even my mental health on more than one occasion. These days I do not play the game as much as I used to, although I am still fairly active.

I remember the first time I died, to a Thief (a monster in the arena) and I tried to add it to my enemy list, and the days when I thought the Hydra Hatchling was an incredibly hard monster! Aah, memories!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hi

Jc here. Main server crit is Drago, and Wind / Turbo in 1alt server. Currently working in U.A.E. since we got some projects to finish for the next 3-4 years. Yes, I’m working in an Engineering Company but I am handling the Administration Department. Married (11 years) and with 2 kids (my very own real life berserkers, the other one is somehow becoming an assassin heheh, but yea they are my pride & joy).

Started playing nightmist like 5 years ago but on/off. Quit year 2004 and then recently came back to check out 1alt server. I was very quiet waaaay back, you won’t notice that I even exist. At least some players nowadays are paging with “Hi Jc” appreciate it guys.

Planning to go on vacation this coming March 24, already booked tickets to Australia then China (visit my brother working in a Ferrari company).

Graduate of Industrial Engineering and took computer in Burbank near North Hollywood C.A.

I love listening to various types of music, but prefer rap metal/fusions….. I like basketball, soccer, swimming, football, bowling, and table tennis. Occasionally going bar hopping, watch concerts and what not.

friendly,sport and honest.... thats me.

lol.... i think my description became more like a curriculum vitae.. anyways :ph34r:

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#9 katja

katja
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:11 AM

hello, i am kelly. i have been playing nightmist for nearing 2 years now. and since playing, games with graphics have lost a lot of appeal to me. things never look as cool on screen as they do in my head. lol. i am katja on both servers, but i am mostly on main.

i am a photography major at my university here in oklahoma. being behind the camera has taught me to see life from a whole new perspective, and i've learned a lot about the people around me because of that new way of seeing things. i was a music education major, but things change. i still play music though, that will never go away but fine art photography is my love. nothing can beat locking yourself in a small, completely dark room that smells of odd chemicals and sometimes ammonia... the stained hands and mole eyes do wonders for the reputation and dating life. hahaha

in my free time, i like to hang out with my best friend and go driving down deserted country roads with creepy music playing. between the two of us, we can be laughing hysterically or scared out of our minds with very little stimuli. haha. the adrenaline is great though. she plays nightmist from time to time as well, when i can convince her to. so be kind if i introduce her to you!

i have 2 cats and a 5 year old goldfish named bob, and a new baby hamster! i am the biggest Queen fan you'll find within my age bracket (though the rest of my music taste leans towards nine inch nails, tool, any other goth/industrial/rock you can think of..... and classical). i have a tattoo. one of my knees can hyperextend to the point of bending backwards a little. i have one brother, who's older. i drive a geo and i love that little plastic car. i live in oklahoma, so of course i run outside when there's a tornado comming. i am left-handed. i naturally have dark blonde hair, but i dye it black (black and red currently). i am running out of random facts.. so this will have to do.

if you're nice and need some help on the game, hit me up. i'm always willing to do what i can, or ask around for someone else that can help. :ph34r:
i am Kelsta (Katja in game)!

#10 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:39 AM

In real life, I am now finishing up sophomore year of college at Oklahoma State University. I'm majoring in civil engineering with the environmental option. I do well in school.
I'm a member of Phi Delta Theta, and I live in our fraternity house. I play soccer, indoor and outdoor, and that's about all as far as athletics now-a-days.

I cant believe that there is another phi delt that plays nm lol. PHI DELT ALL THE WAY!!
Neo Ingame

#11 Raikou

Raikou
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:22 AM

Hi gaddy :ph34r:

Im jase.

I had a stint with some comics depicting the playerbase at the time, few years ago now. Xchange the alt abuser, Serg the cyberaddict, Gaddy the grammar nazi, and..... Like a fox! like a Mike J Fox! was alot more but cant remember lol. Think crane banned them, then trev banned my forum acct lol. oh yeh, bill and ed stealingz stuff was one.

UK

Bomb Disposal with british army.

Played for awhile

Most people i knew are gone. Some appear at random intervals. others i keep in touch with on msn.

Mains have been Fizzlegod, Fizzle, Khemere, Raikou, Sieep, Vindicate, Badguy, Mephistopheles, Jase, and a long list of random alts. first three are my oldest though, fizzlegod and fizzle before reset, khemere after.

#12 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:34 PM

jase ftw with the double post.

I'm Alan and I quit a long time ago. In the time since I first started playing, I have completed a degree, got married and gone into teaching. I still read the forums here when I have spare time, and I logged on the other day to give about 20 arches away to an old friend (although I'm told that little chav Kieran has gotten a few of them back already...)

I notice that the average age of the playerbase looks like being about (at least!) 5 years older than it was back in 2003 when I started.

Oh and I'm getting two dogs. Please click the link below to help me decide what to call them!

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=27104
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#13 Raikou

Raikou
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

lies.

#14 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

I don't believe I'm very well known on nightmist so here goes.. *coughs*

I'm Wes!
I've used a lot of mains over the years, reaching far back before the massive reset where I used to venture from cloud city to the plains and hell with God_of_death, Deaths_Item_Holder, Goddess_of_Death, Prince_of_death, roger_the_ranger and such names. I played when nightmist was ran from my school computer room by JLH and he used to sit there editing it in his lunch break hehe.
I largely followed this theme of names on multi until I started buying characters such as Absraduel, Shutdown, DoctorDeath, Xian.

I've slipped away from multi onto 1a now-a-days where I'm usually found on God_of_death for old times sake or Vasquez/Absraduel.

Oh yeah.. I've staffed both servers for many years, no clue how many tbh but it’s been fun.
Just been promoted to admin in the last week or so for my efforts ;)

I always try to be available via email/msn and i check the forum/tickets/memos frequently too.

In real life; I'm in the first year of four at university studying to become a Pharmacist. I live (in England), in Halls at Nottingham in term time and in Lincolnshire with family in-between.
The time I spend not working, I tend to spend going to gigs and clubs in the city!
A fairly simplistic life one might say, though pharmacy requires far too much of my time :ph34r:
Not much else to say, hello! lol

#15 ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

Graham

20, UK, Automation Engineering.

1a: Skinnyman

I have also inherited some of Alan's main characters.

:ph34r:
  \\\\\\   \\\\  \\\\\\  \\\  \\\ \\\\ \\\\\\
    \\  \\ \\  \\  \\  \\  \\  \\   \\   \\
     \\\\  \\    \\ \\\\    \\\\\    \\   \\\\
      \\     \\  \\  \\ \\   \\  \\   \\   \\   
      \\\\     \\\\  \\\ \\\ \\\  \\\ \\\\ \\\\\\

#16 Arsenal

Arsenal
  • Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hello, I am Sam and I started playing Nightmist waaaaay too long ago (since it first came out), well, off and on at least. It's been a rollercoaster of thrills and I have enjoyed every moment of it. I am currently a Freshman at Washington State University and planning to major in HBM.

I do not play on Main, but you can find me either on Mortify or Deceit on 1a, except occassionally when Cal is on.
-

#17 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

loooooooooo my main was Lye then Steam then Merix then back to Steam again lol played since 2003 and played on and off dont really play 1a
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#18 Rump

Rump
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

My names Matt and as most of you no my main character is Rumpelstiltskin.

I first started playing nm about a week b4 the major reset. When i first started i disliked playing, but there was just something about the game that made me wanna still log on and train no matter how many times someone 20+ lvls then me pks me or how lost i got.

I Live in Florida, I know what most of you are thinking "i wanna live there" but no u dont it sucks, I was Born in new york and moved to florida to get away from my alcoholic dad. Once we moved to Florida around when i was 11 alot of stuff went downhill for me because my dad played a major role in supporting the family.Growing older my mom, bro, and I we moved around ALOT, from NY to FL back to NY then back to FL then to TX, TX back to FL from FL to Mass.. It was real hectic but I also learned and matured alot faster because of all this.

Finally settled down and been living in one area for more then 6 yrs or so. I have a g/f that I been with for about 3 yrs. Just recently we had a little daughter together named natalie. When she got pregnant i was totally unprepared for a baby. Didn't have a car at the time, was living with one my friends in one room, and i had an unstable job. Things happen for a reason though and i am very happy. Being a dad has changed my life alot. No more going out w/e i wanted, no more going to parties till 3 in the morning or something. Changing though has been for the better of me, i feel i have settled down .

Although i can go on forever i'm going to cut it "short" if thats what you wanna call it.
glad to share alittle about me and read everything about urselves u wrote, nm has def. changed and the community is getting friendlier everyday.

#19 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hi, My name is Mary and gman said it best so

Many of the players who were around while I was on quite a bit have been long gone now, and many of the current players are people I don't know or recognize.

I used to be a nmaholic, atm I'm reading the forums rather then working of studying for a midterm. I started playing like a month before the reset. After the reset I had the worlds worst human pali (old Shera) but I got her to master lol. I was cofounder of until recently probably the weirdest named clan: The Flower Jumping Moon Faeries! But that one that takes up the entire screen now is probably weirder :ph34r:

Hmmm about me, let see I live in San Diego, CA. I finally decided what I wanna be when I grow up, even tho I'm 29 lol, I'm going to school to become a child psychologist.
I sorta have a zoo. Atm I have 2 dogs, a cat, 4 white's dumpy tree frogs, a green basilisk, 2 birds, and 2 betta's. I <3 tattoos and have 2 currently. I'm random. Weird to me is a good thing, people that are "normal" scare me! I mean think about it, the neighbors of most serial killer's say that they were just "normal."

I dont really have a main per se anymore. I used to play on Shera/DesireMe (which btw started out as a huge joke between ryan (moondragon) and I))
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#20 Raikou

Raikou
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

marys main is me. i love you mary!

#21 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:45 AM

I just did the math and realized I started playing NM 8 years ago.......

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#22 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

Bumb for Gaddy's good idea! Come on ppl!

marys main is me. i love you mary!

I love you too Jase!
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#23 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

I am Penguin!
I have played for many years, and few people still around are aquainted with me.

#24 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

Not many new players around eh, my name is dev i came i conquered,

what else is there to say apart from hello *kicks gaddy* :ph34r: ;)
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#25 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

insert hello

/toggletranslate

Hey Gaddy WTF?!? OMG?!?! I AM A NUB

END Quote
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#26 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:50 AM

Momba is the name.

Main Server I no longer play.

1 Alt I am Fizzle.

And I have no clue who half you people are.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#27 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:44 AM

Hmm original post delete.

Hi I'm Jared. I used to play a few years back when the forums were actually worth reading and amusing, and other people actually posted.

I am currently attempting to roll a 6-stat on 1-alt, roller is a bad kid of destruction though.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#28 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hello, I'm Callum and i'm a cool like a fox on the dance floor.

I ride on Immortal and Discharge and BOY IS IT BORING.

I've been playing since 2002 and i think thats very bad.

I shouldnt be such a noob and should slap rappy and ryan for not playing enough.

Much love.x

#29 Devotchka

Devotchka
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hi, I'm Manda. I enjoy long walks on the beach, holding hands and watching the Sunset. I am 30 years old, 5'7" with Red hair and blue eyes... oh wait this isn't a dating service. :ph34r:

Anyway, you can find me on 1 alt on this very name. I have played main way too long under the name of DeMoNSpAwN till I finally changed it to Devotchka, took a 4 year break when my little princess was born and came back to the glorious 1 alt server up and running, where I have decided to make my new home.
For those who don't know me, I'm a mother of 3 evil children.. ages 14(a yucky boy), 12(another yucky boy), and 4 (A Princess). I am also married to an old man named Walt, he plays too as many of you already know.. you can find him on the 1 alt server on Hitokiri or Diablo. Please feel free to page Walt and bother him, anywho back to the bloodshed!
To hurt is to feel
To feel is to scream
This is what it's like
In my most intimate dream

#30 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Alot of the older players know me, I'm RJ. Felony/Sociopathic/Pureza on the main server and I don't play 1-alt. I'm a 2nd year apprentice electrician, and I'll be getting my Residential Journeyman's card in the next few months.
Jaded ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users