56 replies to this topic

#1 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

Reasons i see for turning pk back on

1.) Provides more competition
2.) I don't think there is anyone that plays main on a regular basis that is opposed to this idea.
3.) I've seen countless players say they would play main again, if it was pk.

If it brings players back to main, and no one has any quarrel with it. I don't see why not...

Please be adults about this and discuss accordingly.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#2 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

i know it always made training more interesting when you had to watch who was on. now it's even more boring since there are no threats. even if you don't run into players that often it still presents that extra challenge to nightmist.

i don't think there's anyone who plays now that sits and constantly pks low levels south of nightmist. when i first started i got pked a lot and it drove me to become better at the game and to venture into less common areas. bringing back pking is definitely something i'd support even though i didn't do a whole lot of it back when it was on. even when i did i'd just kill them once and leave them alone.

i see no reason why nopk shouldn't be lifted. if you think about it it's not very realistic to have nopk on. suppose you're out in the desert somewhere and you see a player enter your square. there's no mystical force that prevents you from hitting them. not being able to do that doesn't make any sense. i'd love to see pking re-instated just for the extra challenge.

if anyone can give a logical reason why it should remain the way it is then i'd like to hear it. just because there wasn't much of it going on doesn't mean it had to be removed. it's an aspect of the game that i enjoyed when the time came for it.

anyway, that's my argument. i fully support pking being re-instated.
Page me on Heritage

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

It will mean using my friend list again or otherwise making peace with enemy clans so my own friends don't PK me! Since I am not a PKer myself I am not affected whether it is enabled again or not, but as long as it means the Modern Art Sculptures can have their former gold back, I'm up for it.

At present, however, it won't make too much difference though because most players get on with each other. PKing would be more interesting though, since we have higher levels, more stamina and stronger weapons and equipment available.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:09 AM

Honestly, I don't see much reason for NOPK now. It got rid of the egos and wankers in some ways, but Nightmist was doing a decent job of that on it's own...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#5 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

imo currently the main reason for ppl playing 1a is to pk. if you make main pk again you might as well shut down 1a. and since i can log off 20 crits faster then anyone else i'm fine with that :ph34r:

just make sure you combine it with a server reset. otherwise all the 1a ppl will get screwed by having to start all over again.
Even in death my hate will go on

#6 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

This is an actual decent topic... if I have to delete any more stupid post off it I will start handing out in-game bans for atleast a week.

--------------

I have no big problem with taking off NOPK because well.. no one plays enough to worry about it, lol....

But you also need to keep this in mind.. the original reason the server was set to NOPK was so we could expand the game and and more areas, etc, being as JLH original reason behind not letting us expand was the game was to big already for the pking part of the game so no more expanding, so we got rid of that so more could be added for you guys to do....

------------

To Jurian;

Even if NOPK was taken off the game will not be reset. It was there choice to go to 1alt and sell of there main, now how would that be fair for the people that have been loyal to main and still play?
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#7 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

This is an actual decent topic... if I have to delete any more stupid post off it I will start handing out in-game bans for atleast a week.

--------------

I have no big problem with taking off NOPK because well.. no one plays enough to worry about it, lol....

But you also need to keep this in mind.. the original reason the server was set to NOPK was so we could expand the game and and more areas, etc, being as JLH original reason behind not letting us expand was the game was to big already for the pking part of the game so no more expanding, so we got rid of that so more could be added for you guys to do....

------------

To Jurian;

Even if NOPK was taken off the game will not be reset. It was there choice to go to 1alt and sell of there main, now how would that be fair for the people that have been loyal to main and still play?

Thats why both need to be shut down reset and one open :ph34r:
Logos.

#8 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

--------------

------------

To Jurian;

well then i'm pretty sure not many ppl will start playing main again so it would most likely just affect the two ro 3 players left on main :ph34r: let them decide ;)

#9 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

It's not about brining people back to main. My reference was just to point out that many people do play 1-alt due to the fact you can pk. It's a bonus, not a goal. There are more than just 3 players left too. Heck i even see some cute little nubbers running around some times!
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#10 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

i know JLH said development couldn't continue unless pking was turned off, but i can't think of anyone who plays (well, played) main to pk that still plays now. even though in the months before pking was turned off you'd go days without seeing another person out of town, it was still a nice option to fight. i don't think it should be a make-or-break thing in terms of area development.

i don't see anything wrong with adding new areas while keeping pking on. most people (including me) would still train in the same areas as before. just think..how many people ever actually go to the dvergar stronghold to TRAIN? or any of the new areas for that matter. people still go to the same places as before, dungeons, museum, hedge maze etc because they are close to town and relatively good gold/exp.

pking isn't something that HAS to be done by everyone but i think the choice should be their own, not just determined by a few select people who speak for the entire server. if they don't want to pk that's fine, i have no problem with that. but there's no reason to take it away from people who enjoy it from time to time. hell i'd love to just step out of town and have a nice fight with a friend just for bragging rights when there's nothing better to do, and i'm sure there's more who feel the same way
Page me on Heritage

#11 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

At first it made sense. I've liked the idea for some time. But un-nopk would have to come with reset. Before you guys say "you prolly sold all your main stuff so now you cry", I sold a little bit, but if Main was un-nopk I'd stick to 1a anyway. It doesn't make sense that people work really hard so they can be the best and flex on everyone and rake in lots of gold with pking and what not. Then nopk is turned on so they leave, only to find out a year or so later, all the people that stuck around and trained fearlessly and unrivaled, get to run around and kill now that they got something. If main is turned un-nopk, I believe main should be reset. I think they come hand-in hand.

That being said, reset main and make it un-nopk.

:ph34r:

Edited by Sausage, 23 October 2008 - 08:25 PM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#12 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

Don't know how many times I have said this, but going to try this one more time since no one seems to get it....

MAIN WILL NOT BE RESET.

So drop that aspect of the conversation and back to the main topic, which is;

"Should main be set back to pk or kept nopk?"

Thank you.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#13 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Main won't be reset. Despite what you say, there is still an undertone of "now people are ahead of me so unless main is reset i won't play." Which is fine by me, i could really care less if people don't play. Also as jay said, it's not that we want to just sit and hunt people. Rather if you cross paths with some one, or see them at a boss, it would be nice if it was your perogative to pk them or not. As for you saying you didn't sell a lot of your main. I just bought a ton of clerics and a couple other crits off you the other day. That would be like me saying i want to play 1a again, but i sold all my stuff for main so could staff reset it please. It's ludacris.

Anyways it's been made clear that there won't be a main reset. Turning pk on is up in the air. You clearly stated with out a reset probly you wouldn't play main. So given the facts your opinion is mute. Not to single you out either that goes for anyone who says they won't play with out a reset.

That being said, i'm a big advocate of this. I'd like to see it happen. All those who do play main on a regular basis, including some staff members have said they like the idea. So do we have enough push to bring it to the boss man to see what he thinks?

#14 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

I'm pretty sure I clearly stated I think main should be turned pk, if and only if main is reset.

I should've known I would've got peoples panties in a bunch..

Cody, I sold you a bunch of clerics I was training for SK, a freebie and 2 crits I actually played. I also clearly stated I prolly wouldn't play main either way, as well as stating that it would be unfair to anyone that has or hasn't been playing while it's been nopk.

I don't care either way, you guys are just to hard headed to see my opinion for what it is.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#15 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

it wasn't like that just while nopk was on, even in the months before it was turned on i could sit in the museum untouched for hours and hours without seeing a soul. not like anything has changed lol
Page me on Heritage

#16 Gin

Gin
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

Mm, yeh, there is already a PK server, if you wanna' pk man up and come to the dark side?

Edited by Gin, 24 October 2008 - 12:02 AM.

#17 ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:55 AM

I'd make an effort to start again on the main server if this was to happen :ph34r:
  \\\\\\   \\\\  \\\\\\  \\\  \\\ \\\\ \\\\\\
    \\  \\ \\  \\  \\  \\  \\  \\   \\   \\
     \\\\  \\    \\ \\\\    \\\\\    \\   \\\\
      \\     \\  \\  \\ \\   \\  \\   \\   \\   
      \\\\     \\\\  \\\ \\\ \\\  \\\ \\\\ \\\\\\

#18 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

Any news?

#19 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

Any news?

http://www.cnn.com

#20 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

fox news way better mang
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#21 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:35 AM

If you're wanting news, maybe this is more up your street.

The argument given when PKing was disabled was that most of the players at the time were fairly content to work together or otherwise keep out of each other's way on a friendly basis, and that JLH ruled that there would be no new designs for multi-alt while PKing was enabled. There are probably other reasons, but that was the one made public. Unfortunately, the lack of PKing removed the primary risk that comes with gold-farming, so the Museum was toned down and is more or less totally abandoned now.

Personally, I cannot see why the presence of PKing makes new areas infeasible - even new items like the Liveoak Aegis and the Dvergar sword (name kept secret upon request) will not give a significant advantage in the PKing field. I'm saying this as a non-PKer - I just learnt to avoid the hotspots, take risks and, with any luck, sell nice items so others can PK with them!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#22 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:03 AM

I can only image how angry a person would be turn log on 20 crits, load up on mana, and finally get to the area to train.

Please allow pking again :ph34r: I'm bored

Edited by JadedSoul, 26 October 2008 - 06:04 AM.

I am whoever you think I am.

#23 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

Any news?

http://www.cnn.com

All I have to say.... ROFL!!!

I think I'm one of the only few who didn't like the whole aspect of pking. I mean, I would probably be up for it... if I had skill. Not everyone can handle a small party taken over by a bigger. Whether you're rapidly clicking, switching screens and potting or not.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#24 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:29 AM

I don't like the PKing aspect either; unfortunately, quite a few people do, and a number of changes that have been made to the game have been because of the lack of PKing. Indeed, I don't have the skill or desire to find a victim and click through about 15 covert thieves on them. (P.S. The underlined 'this' in my previous post is a hyperlink)

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#25 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

any updates on this?
Page me on Heritage

#26 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Try it for 1 month if it doesnt chnge then put it back how it was?

Multi was popular until nopk was brought in.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#27 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:02 AM

Lol you would definitely see me on that server more with pking going on....that is my sole purpose for playing the game period is that you can pk and compete.
Peacemaker both servers.

#28 Tatsu

Tatsu
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hey guys!

This is my first post in years, I haven't played in years either, haven't looked at this forum in ages either! But I just wanted to add a suggestion...

If you reduce the amount of alts allowed per person on the main server to say 4/5, this would put everyone whatever their connection on a pretty much level playing field. It would also make bosses harder and encourage teamwork like in 1a.

You could then re-enable pking and with the gameplay being more balanced between users it would make things more exciting and players on weaker connections wouldn't get put off by being killed by people using xx crits at once. And people like me logging on my old crits for the first time in years won't get accused of being 'the problem with nightmist'! (true story, I rofled)

If this happens then I don't see the problem in having powerful drops that many people have to work to get, as it means more than one person is likely to get the drop so one person won't have all the best equip. And the stuff that peoples chars do get will add personality to their characters so I think this is a positive thing.
Swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry.....

#29 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

And people like me logging on my old crits for the first time in years won't get accused of being 'the problem with nightmist'!

Considering how long it's been since you played (4 years+ I think?), that is indeed amusing.

Although in reality, you are the problem with Nightmist; you quit!
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#30 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

And people like me logging on my old crits for the first time in years won't get accused of being 'the problem with nightmist'!

Considering how long it's been since you played (4 years+ I think?), that is indeed amusing.

Although in reality, you are the problem with Nightmist; you quit!

Well said.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users