Paci's And Greater Pact

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

Alright so i was at hedge lord and the next thing i know a paci comes on square and for no reason at all resorts to greater pacting all of my crits over and over again so i could not hit the hedge lord.. seeing i was the only one there, there was no real point in this seeing his clan or friends never showed. Two members of my clan came to help me kill and the paci sat there gping all of us over and over.

Now as far as i know paci's are for being solo. Not for stopping people from playing the game.. Sounds like anti-social behavior to me.. Never knew something like this was to be allowed...
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

This has been going on for as long as they've had Greater Pact. It should be bannable, if I were you, I'd take it to staff. Which is kind of what you've done ;p
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:10 PM

goes on all the time. Its not banable at the end of the day, its a solo class but if a pacifists decids he dont want you killing the helpless creature he can stop you.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#4 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:20 PM

I have yet to see where a paci can stop you from hitting a monster just because they feel like it.. they are a peaceful class, a solo class.. with nobody else there but me and my clan he had no business greater pacting us..

Edited by deadman, 22 April 2006 - 10:20 PM.

#5 hotsauce

hotsauce
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

i made posts about this a few times and got flamed by a lot of people, but i do agree with you. If a pacifist can stop you from killing a boss or other monsters for no reason kind of makes people want to not play, ruins the point of even playing this game, which is to kill things. Paci's is prob the worst thing to ever happen to NM.

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:44 PM

Under discussion with the staff and the administrators - proposing that the spell is changed so if you attack a monster while it is cast upon you, it immediately wears off, unless you are a Pacifist where its effects remain active until its time expires.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:02 PM

What if you attack a player?

And it's about mooseing time, lol
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#8 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:26 AM

i made posts about this a few times and got flamed by a lot of people, but i do agree with you. If a pacifist can stop you from killing a boss or other monsters for no reason kind of makes people want to not play, ruins the point of even playing this game, which is to kill things. Paci's is prob the worst thing to ever happen to NM.

strongly agree...i mean seriously, at least HL attacks, unlike the poor bunnies at the meadow...why aren't there any paccies at grassy meadow defending all the bunnies n deers?
Paccy is a good class, only if it just minds its own business, and not prevent others from training/battling/etc. Of course, the point of this game is to kill/heal to kill newayz
It's not how hard you punch, but how deep that matters! ¤»IñĞømîñåߣ뫤

Timing...

#9 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:44 AM

Yes i strongly agree with this..

I was at HL with tony

And if you are soloin a hard boss and a stupid paci comes along and GPs you.. it messes it all up
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#10 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:14 AM

It's good how it is. I like how a pacifist can actually tamper with mortal play.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#11 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:32 AM

I think this comes under what CRANE has banned people for before

Staff Comment: (Elite_Bunny on 08-21-2005) Warned for abusing the Pacifist class by repeatedly dragging monsters onto a party on a kill-to-pass square.

/who venture to confirm.

It's abusing the pacifist class i reckon
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#12 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:03 AM

Well that was wrong, people can play the game how they wish pacifists included, unless it is against the terms of service.

#13 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:08 AM

i think the spell should be tweaked to where you can still hit monsters with it, i support tony's plea
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#14 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:24 AM

As far as i know Pacifists were to be a solo class and to help people and be what they are a pacifist.. defintion being: opposed to war [syn: pacifist(a), pacifistic, dovish] n : someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes [syn: pacificist, disarmer]

Means they help solve battles and pking peacefully not stopping someone from killing monsters.. they help people.. they have no reason to do anything other than help people...

Them stopping someone from killing monsters ruins their image as pacifist because they are being a detriment to other people and stopping them from doing things not to be nice and helpful but to make them angry and prevent them from accomplishing their job. Should be helping not hurting.

(Sorry for the unorganized posting and that here.. half awake)

Edited by deadman, 23 April 2006 - 06:25 AM.

#15 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:16 AM

If we want to the roleplay card.....

The Hedge Lord wasn't evil, just misunderstood. The pacifist was merely stopping you from slaughtering an innocent creature.

^^^ opposed to war and violence and so on.... Blah blah blah I'm a dirty tramp.

#16 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:51 AM

What if you attack a player?

And it's about mooseing time, lol

You won't be allowed to attack players while it is cast; the reason is that Greater Pact could then be used as a PKing aid... you cast Greater Pact on someone and they quickly find a victim, who cannot attack them, but those under Greater Pact can give out all the punishment in the world!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#17 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

As anoying as it is, i think i agree with jared on this, and really its just as annoying as pking, gives pacis there way to get own back on a player without useing any violence.
Also directed at Tony; being a pacifist doesnt mean your obligated to help anyone just means you dont use violence as a way to solve problems.

#18 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

As anoying as it is, i think i agree with jared on this, and really its just as annoying as pking, gives pacis there way to get own back on a player without useing any violence.
Also directed at Tony; being a pacifist doesnt mean your obligated to help anyone just means you dont use violence as a way to solve problems.

People go on a paci to help a clannie kill a boss?
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#19 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

They were meant to be a solo class and to stop people from killing each other. They were not given clans because they knew they would work out conspiracies with each other. They were never meant to be abused by clans. Greater Pact has to be changed so you can still attack monsters as it is bull nuts that people can stop you from killing bosses etc.

And as for Jared you only support it because you do it to people, so lose your whole hero image.

#20 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

And as for Jared you only support it because you do it to people, so lose your whole hero image.

We're not that sad Tony. Run along and kill your little Hedge Lord now, if we want you not to kill it we'll probably find a better way of doing it than greater pact ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#21 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:04 PM

From what i heard he has did it before... i heard it from his own clan.. so Alan you are the alright one from the duo don't try to protect him.

#22 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

i disagree with this change. i can see your point, but
1) i agree with jazza on the helpless creature protection thing - and the hedge lord wasnt evenm misunderstood - you run onto some one elses land, and attack a resedent in order to steal its prize... how is that not an act of war if a pacifist feels the need to protect it i dont see why it cant.
2)This would make critain places far to easy - pacifist + party... GP 3 zerks.. move em onto a normaly hard square with a rouge.... 3 2 1 bang.. rouge dead no chance to hit.. instead or the usual run on and try and hit it before it gets you.

Edited by Snoopy, 23 April 2006 - 04:14 PM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#23 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

i disagree with this change. i can see your point, but
1) i agree with jazza on the helpless creature protection thing - and the hedge lord wasnt evenm misunderstood - you run onto some one elses land, and attack a resedent in order to steal its prize... how is that not an act of war if a pacifist feels the need to protect it i dont see why it cant.
2)This would make critain places far to easy - pacifist + party... GP 3 zerks.. move em onto a normaly hard square with a rouge.... 3 2 1 bang.. rouge dead no chance to hit.. instead or the usual run on and try and hit it before it gets you.

Hmmm, that's a good point, although personally I would probably opt for mass-invisibility, as it lasts longer and doesn't require a player to be on a Pacifist, where instead they could be on non-Pacifists to help out against the bosses there.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#24 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

with a pair it would be simpler using a pacifist and a party, rather then 2 partys.

Either way the class is open to "abuse" thats not really abuse its just pacifists doing what they do best and people not liking it because it makes there lives more dificult.

#25 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

Pacifists have been abused since the week they came out in one way or another. It's just like Berserkers having been complained about over and over. Things are annoying to many of us, but we've had to deal with them.

However, think if something like the Thief class was just released. We'd have TONS of people complaining about thieves + druids being overpowered and thieves stealing from the whole desert being class abuse. However, they were here when we started the game, so it is normal.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#26 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:03 PM

Thieves stealing from monster's doesn't prevent you from killing a monster and getting a drop, so I don't see the connection there...

I think it's a clear abuse and I doubt admins intended Greater Pact to be used in order to prevent one player from attacking a monster. I think if they can be banned for dragging monsters, they should be banned for keeping people from properly playing the game.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#27 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:36 PM

the ban was a 1 off, and prolly wont happen again. it happens nearly every day and there is no point policeing it. Short from stopping monsters folowing or getting rid of pacifists all together.- There is no writen rules saying that you cannot use pacifists in that way so it would be unfair to ban people for doing it, and writing rules saying you cant will just cause a pain for all the staff.

#28 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

He was warned, not banned. To be honest, it is hard to perfect Greater Pact without it being abused somehow. What is the lesser evil though, it being used to prevent players from attacking a boss (evil or not), or shielding players from tough monsters so they can get the first strike?

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#29 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

to leave them as they are.

the first protects monsters (happy pacifists)
the second allows monsters no chance to win (unhappy diety)

edit - the only other thing would be to change it only so it will rturn of if atacking the undead (happy diety again)

Edited by Snoopy, 23 April 2006 - 09:35 PM.

#30 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:41 PM

Thieves stealing from monster's doesn't prevent you from killing a monster and getting a drop, so I don't see the connection there...

I think it's a clear abuse and I doubt admins intended Greater Pact to be used in order to prevent one player from attacking a monster. I think if they can be banned for dragging monsters, they should be banned for keeping people from properly playing the game.

I doubt the admins intended thieves to be able to wipe an area of gold, but it happens deal with it.
Si Senior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users