31 replies to this topic

#1 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:02 AM

Lvl 25 at least maybe higher

Takes 3-all your stamina to cast
when casted it deals 30 or so damadge to all hostile creatures/players on the square every 3 seconds for 30 seconds
if the druid who casts it leaves the square or dies the hurricane dies out

what you all think?
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#2 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:26 AM

every 3 seconds? no way

my arch zerker would have say 500 hp (i rounded that off) and if your spell hits for say 30 points of damage every 3 seconds for 30 seconds;

30*10 = 300 points of damage, for nothing, and if you have multiple druids doing it, itd be able to destroy an arch zerker, let alone any adept nonZerkers.

Way too strong, but a good concept. Keep working on it :P
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#3 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:53 AM

well maybe it should be made that u can if there is already a hurricane on that square another cannot be summoned there.
and raising the time between damadge to 5 seconds
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#4 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:43 PM

3 seconds is fine...

that's ninety-three damage in the time it would take to recharge 3-4 stamina. If the druid stormwrathed it, he'd have already done maybe 100 damage, then another 100 by the time the hurricane could do 90.

#5 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:12 AM

If your stamina regains while it's cast, too powerful, if you stay stamless while cast, perfect, can't run if you have it cast so it's a battle to the death.

#6 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:15 PM

No i would think ud regain stamina but if u cast another spell or attack the hurricane would be cancelled

also id think it would cost 50 mana to cast

so...
only 1 hurricane per square at one time
3 stamina to cast
aproximatly 30 damadge per 3 seconds
50 mana to cast
lasts for 30 seconds unless spell is interupted (eg Druid dies, runs away, attacks somebody, or casts another spell)

Edited by Lasden, 07 August 2004 - 12:33 PM.

#7 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 12:16 AM

got a desciption for this spell?.....and dont describe it as the hurricane on diablo2 lol...the one on diablo2 surrounds you and anything that gets close gets hurt..which is a good idea...but wut would you have your hurricane do?

#8 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:47 AM

got a desciption for this spell?.....and dont describe it as the hurricane on diablo2 lol...the one on diablo2 surrounds you and anything that gets close gets hurt..which is a good idea...but wut would you have your hurricane do?

dunno seems kinda gay : /

off topic: trigger happy I own you

<--- one of top 10 strongest people on e/sc/nl
Page/Memo Beatrix

#9 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:20 PM

To help with the balance issue, why not disable all other offensive druid spells while hurricane is in effect.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#10 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:25 AM

That would make me want to roll a druid...

#11 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

u ppl relise this isnt as powerful as your making it out to be unless it stops you from moveing out of the square like grasping vines

#12 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:38 AM

seems pretty powerful, however, i support it anyways.
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#13 Repair_man_man_man

Repair_man_man_man
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

Well, since it's a hurricane, why not make it hurt the druid in some sort of way. Like 10 HP loss? Just an idea, say "No" if you don't like it.
I have seen the top of the Mountian, and It is good.

#14 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:45 AM

No

#15 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:06 AM

Well thats one big ol' NO
and it isnt even that powerful
no idiot is going to just sit there while it is slowly killed
also the hurricane does not hurt allies people on nopk and people outside of 10 lvls of the druid

Edited by Lasden, 10 September 2004 - 11:07 AM.

#16 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:15 PM

well first you cast grasping vines and then hurricane, nice combo and i kinda like it :P

Edit: and maybe it would "throw" people who move away from that square to random direction, i dunno if party members would throw away diffrent directions but if so the spell should be made less powerful and it would give the spell a new meaning as a party "killler".

Edited by Cule, 11 September 2004 - 01:25 PM.

#17 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:43 PM

Call it Ivan and Frances o.O

#18 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:16 AM

grasper vines, hurricane, invis... theres a combination

How bout having a variety of hurricane spells, so low levels can use them too:

Tornado (l10) - 5 dam/round
Hurricane (l20) - 25 dam/round
Sazquatch (l30) - 35 dam/round

#19 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

jus bearing in mind for the power issue, on a sqare with a party of archies, hurricane is cast and it hits every one on the sqare for said dammge, thats a lot of damage, maybe if it randamly hit 1 person on the sqare including the caster like a real hurricane would.
*you were hit by a flying tree for 30 points of damage*
that would make it less over powered and more reasnable
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#20 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:23 AM

Yes but the hurricane wouldnt really kill anybody particually fast
if it was hitting a bunch of archies the archies would just kill every druid on the square asap therefore ending said hurricane
and no person would use a spell that wastes not only mana but has a chance to waste your hp too.

#21 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:25 AM

you obviously werent reading the post very well
if u didnt notice i said " IF THE DRUID MOVES AWAY, ATTACKS SOMEBODY OR CASTS A DIFFERENT SPELL THE HURRICANE WOULD END"
lease read the posts properly

#22 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

druid's doesnt have invis mages do foo :P

#23 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

the point of my post wasnt that the druid could kill a party of archies, the point was thet the druid is likerly to be in a party with other crits, if all enemy crits lossed 30 health it puts the other side as to much of an advantage, it would never go through surely :/
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#24 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:00 PM

you obviously werent reading the post very well
if u didnt notice i said " IF THE DRUID MOVES AWAY, ATTACKS SOMEBODY OR CASTS A DIFFERENT SPELL THE HURRICANE WOULD END"
lease read the posts properly

You obviously dont know what a sasquatch is and didnt realise mine was a joke post...

#25 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:57 AM

i wasnt intending to quote on the sazquatch
yeah and my mistake bout the invis thing
id think if you had invis cast on you then the hurricane would end also

#26 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:03 AM

Clerics have this spell, its called 'Wrath of the Gods'
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#27 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:15 PM

no they dpo not have this spell
wrath of the gods is a one round spell
hurricane continues untill u cancell it

#28 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 08:43 PM

So...Hurricane is a 'Druids are now the most powerful at everything except healing, but we heal when we morph anyways'

Too powerful. And Druids already have 3 offensive damage spells they got their revamp and they are awesome now. done deal.

-and yes, your idea of hurricane is just wrath of the gods that goes on as long as you want, so Wrath + Justice Zone = Own all. How would you conceivably balance that kind of damage output? oh, make it cost 300 mana per second and it hits everyone on the square, including yourself.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#29 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:24 PM

If it was put in game think of how great Wisdom would be lmfao.

No, but I do have one question does the intel, wisdom or char effects this spell?

Doesn't god of wrath for clerics effect char?

Edited by Wisdom, 17 October 2004 - 11:26 PM.

Online characters: Wisdom

#30 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:32 PM

The idea is sound, but Druids don't really need this spell; Stormwrath is powerful enough!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users