Names From 1 Nm To Another

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

Do not steal other people's names on this new server, staff are authorised to ban :)

What exactly does that entail? One name only? All the names in ones account?

Edited by Trance, 20 March 2007 - 03:59 PM.

All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#2 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

If you own a name on NM1, you are permitted to use it on NM1a.

If you do not own a name on NM1 and someone else does, you are not permitted to use it on NM1a.

If nobody owns a name on NM1, you are permitted to use it on NM1a. I'd also suggest that you go and grab the name on the NM1 server so that you won't have problems if someone later decides to register that name.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#3 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Note, the server has only been running 3 days, after 7 days i will sum everything up (changes etc)
and after 14 days, the names issue will be a free for all i think.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#4 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:28 PM

So then what do I do for now since I've already seen names from my account(s) in nm1a and I haven't even played or used the names for it yet?
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#5 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

Note, the server has only been running 3 days, after 7 days i will sum everything up (changes etc)
and after 14 days, the names issue will be a free for all i think.

John i think 14 days is 'nt enough really, I mean how long does it take on average to roll a 4-5 stat a long ass time, and I dont know about everyone else but I dont have the time to sit at the roller for 5 hours a night. I really like most of my NM1 names and really wanna get them transfered over but I have tried rolling a fighter for the last 3 nights straight and have nothing as of yet!!! I really want my names but its gonna be a few weeks I am sure b4 I have suitable stats to put them with, and with the fresh server no one is gonna have the gold to blow on name changes!! On the first day someone had taken all my names right off the bat, they have deleted them now so I can get them, but the very second you permit it all of the old players are losing there names for sure, in most cases to some hoser that is gonna try to sell your name to u :)

Anyways please reconsider allowing plp to take other loyal NM players names at least for a while (month or 2) to give more then enough time to get them all set up pls !! :)
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#6 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

Juan, contact a staff member... we'll take care of the offending names.

Fallen, while I also think more than 2 weeks is a good idea, note that you can roll a name holder with lousy stats and then do a free name-change to a level 1 character with good stats from the website.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#7 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:42 PM

will the names with capitols from nightmist main,be the same in nightmist 1a?
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#8 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

Matt you probably need to memo/email JLH to request the capitals
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#9 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

does this mean all are characters from nightmist 1 be deleted?? or is nm1a a extra download ??

cuz i dont wanna start over on nm1

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#10 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

it is an alternative login, you can play either
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#11 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:44 AM

Okay, so what if the name on nm1 is a name holder and only an initiate? Would the name rule still apply? Or if it's not a main on nm1? Would it apply then? Because I can understand allowing main's names to be taken by their original owners. But if they're not mains, then what's the difference? Anybody should be able to get any name that isn't a person's main seeing as how they'd all be in the same situation on the normal server.

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:55 AM

Any name that is taken by a player on Nightmist is their name to have on Nightmist-1alt.
It is fair because they deserve the names they created or aquired.
Since players from ages ago are not being given anything else, they at least get their names.

Also, how do you determine a main character?
People consider my main to be Gaddy, but if someone took my names Phantom, Halo, Resurgam, Prankster, or Lancaster, especially Lancaster, I would be rather pissed off about it to be honest.
They are mine. People can abuse names of other players.

PS- All former staff names are off-limits unless you are the former staffer.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#13 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

lol. owned. I own tienno :)

#14 MessiahX

MessiahX
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

Not Everlast? =o

#15 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:33 AM

When're names going to be up for grabs? Because it's bullnuts when somebody cries about you having one of their non-main names from nm1, and have your crit renamed, then don't even take the name after you've already been renamed. Should just let it go already and let people stop having a reason to whine about something.

#16 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

ur mains name is jphattyjr I am sure u can come up with somethin else besides other plp's names ...or is that the problem ??? :)

#17 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:25 PM

When're names going to be up for grabs? Because it's bullnuts when somebody cries about you having one of their non-main names from nm1, and have your crit renamed, then don't even take the name after you've already been renamed. Should just let it go already and let people stop having a reason to whine about something.

There is still the fact that some people will take others' names and give those characters bad names.
Some people, such as me, would prefer that no one else plays characters of the same name as ours from NM-main because we don't want it to 'rub off' on us.
Also, there'd be no way to really prove if you were or were not the original, which could cause problems all together.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#18 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

I have name authority, which is not mine. However i'd be glad to give it up to owner if he wants it back, i dont think he will tho.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#19 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

03-17-2007 19:29:58, JLH: who'll be first to level 10 then?

Think its been 14 days? :)

Freek ingame.

#20 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

ur mains name is jphattyjr I am sure u can come up with somethin else besides other plp's names ...or is that the problem ??? :)

That's not the problem at all. The problem is people already have their main names. So the rest of the names should be up for grabs already. It's been almost a month already since the new server. People just like to find stuff to whine about for some reason. Should just let it go and be done with it.

#21 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

That's not the problem at all. The problem is people already have their main names. So the rest of the names should be up for grabs already. It's been almost a month already since the new server. People just like to find stuff to whine about for some reason. Should just let it go and be done with it.

Cant speak for everyone else but me personally, I still dont have fallen on the new server was trying to get something with stats worth while.

#22 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

so is there a name you want? or are you just whineing? cause if tehre is a name you have in mind why not just ask whoever has it on main? i wouldnt want anyone useing my names on teh 1alt server becasue people associate those names with ME as in Shay. and i dotn want someone giving me a bad name on here. (i can do that myself) i also dont feel i should have to keep crits active just to keep my names. im sure others feel the same way.
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#23 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

This is a completely different server. So what if somebody has one of your alt names from the original server? People will find out quick enough (those that know you) that it's not you on the new server if somebody else has one of your alt names from nm1. And to answer your question, no, there's not a name I want. If I want a name, I take it. If somebody has a problem with it, they can memo/page me about it. I don't take names that I know are mains from nm1. I'm only making the points I am because I'm tired of people wanting something to pregnant dog about all the time. People should just grow up and move on with their nm lives.

#24 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:48 AM

Jphatty...we know your opinion since you seem to feel the need to put it inbetween every single opposing opinion.
It would be nice if you'd have a bit of understanding for those players who have played the same character names for up to five or six years...

I'm not saying, "Hey, you are wrong."
I am saying that you don't seem to understand or care for the points being made, and I think it is selfish and uncreative of you to be so adament about taking other players' names.

#25 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

And what about the people who played, then was gone had there name taken while they was gone and would like to restart with there VERY old name??? But can't because someone took it while they was gone?? Fair? So you can use my name on Main while im gone then a new server comes back and I can't get it because that person still has one of my old ones? :)

Edited by Freek, 06 April 2007 - 06:24 AM.

Freek ingame.

#26 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

Jphatty...we know your opinion since you seem to feel the need to put it inbetween every single opposing opinion.
It would be nice if you'd have a bit of understanding for those players who have played the same character names for up to five or six years...

I'm not saying, "Hey, you are wrong."
I am saying that you don't seem to understand or care for the points being made, and I think it is selfish and uncreative of you to be so adament about taking other players' names.

I only took one name that belonged to somebody else and it has since been changed anyhow. And it's not that I don't understand the points being made. It's the fact that people on this game always seem to want something to argue or whine about. Which is one of the main reasons this game isn't anything like what it used to be. People should just play the game. Not make it something it's not.

Edited by Jphattyjr, 06 April 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#27 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

And since we're on the subject of names, now that I'm banned for two names which have been in nm1 forever and were never banned...Plus the hypocrite who banned me...Without a warning at that.

This is the comment for my ban:

Comment: The name Mexicans belongs to me on NM main, and I would prefer names of that sort and "Poontang" be avoided on this version of NM...it just seems stupid to have people running about as races or semi-suggestive names on a 1-alt game....

You say you own Mexicans, but then don't want race names on nm1a. If you don't want it there, then why allow it on nm1? Plus, Poontang has been on nm1 for a long time now, and has never been banned once. So what makes it okay for the names to be on nm1, but not nm1a? You'd think the same rules would apply to both servers seeing as how they're supposed to be the same game with the only variation between the two being one is one-alt only. And now that you made that comment, you can't say it's because I 'stole' the name Mexicans. I didn't even know it still existed on nm1 until I checked lol

So what's the excuse for the ban now? I talk too much or something?

#28 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

A stolen name is a stolen name.
And I would ban or page any person stealing any of my names on NM main because it is against the rules of NM 1-alt.
It says you shouldn't use any name that exists in NM-main unless you own it, and it has been suggested that if you create a new name, you create the name on NM-main.

The extension on the comment is meant for other staff---seeing as players cannot see account comments.
Thus, your ban is for stealing my character name. The extension of the comment is to suggest that staff discourage random or poor-humor names.
They simply are not at all required because random off the wall names really don't make sense when you have only a few characters to play.

And either way---how does that make me a hypocrit. I prefer MY name not be taken on NM-1alt, and I suggest that we discourage names on a server that does not require as many names.

If you care to further slander me, do so through pages, or expect to be banned in game and on the forum.

#29 Jphattyjr

Jphattyjr
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:01 AM

If it was that big of a deal, you could've told me you owned it on nm1 and I would've given you the name. As far as I knew, it belonged to Josh/Isolated and he since quit and came back and quit and whatever. I thought the name was dead, but like I said, all you would've had to have done was tell me it was yours and you wanted it. But you opted to ban me without warning and then not even change the name or take it back.

And the point I was trying to make, which you either avoided or just missed completely: Why should rules for names on nm1a differ from rules for names on nm1? Because there's more people/crits? If that's the case, then it should be even stricter on nm1 because more people would see it. That's why I called you a hypocrite. Because you say you don't want those kinds of names on nm1a, but it's apparently okay for you to own it on nm1. Or even the name Poontang. That name has been on nm1 for a long while now, and has never been banned once. So I bring up the same point: Why not make it the same rules on nm1 if you're going to make name rules for nm1a? It would seem a little more practical on nm1 in my opinion, seeing as how there is more people and more crits.

And I really don't mean to 'slander' you either. I'm just upset about an account ban without warning, and without a really justified reason. It would seem much easier for everybody that instead of automatically banning their account, to maybe offer them a chance to fix it? Or give names to whomever they belong? Would save a lot of time and hassle for everybody. Would also cut down on disgruntled players. But then again, maybe I just talk too much.

#30 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:06 AM

Nope, I totally agree with Chad.. Nm main should be just as strict if not more. People on nm main can't quit there name gets taken and they get it back. And now nm1a has been open for how long?? If someone cared that much about there name they would have already rolled it by now. And to bring up something old... I had a few ex-staff names in my account and was forced to delete them. So if a staff member quits and throw his name away they can come back and automatically get it because they are more special then everyone else? I have a bunch of names I would like to have but can't because I quit for a bit and someone got my names on nm main so I can't use them on nm1a.. Anyways the only names that should be changed are if you stole someones MAIN. Just my opion this name thing is getting quite old and annoying. :)
Freek ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users