Photo

Lower The Cost Of Devastate

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Devastate be lowered in price to 20 million? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Devastate be lowered in price to 20 million?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:48 AM

Don't flame this isn't a post asking what your favorite monster to kill or if bunnies should be eaten by spiders . . . this is asking if the best spell ingame should be made avaliable to buy at a realistic price
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#2 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:53 AM

I said no because then it would make an already all powerful class even more so, but only for rich pkers and not the rest of the game.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#3 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:01 AM

Sure, then it might give me a chance to actually own at something. Mwhahaha.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#4 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:05 AM

Nope. Should be a quest item imo.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#5 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:30 AM

Nah it should be the ultimate NM geeks unreachable dream.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#6 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:47 AM

why whose selling it?
Skills pay the bills and ur dead Broke

#7 Fire Fly

Fire Fly
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:27 AM

/t magoo i don't think some one is selling it, i believe its for sale in a shop??? dunno where though.
The liver is evil and it must be punished

#8 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:41 AM

i said no because 20 mil will mean it's only available to the strong and rich. and still it's not that great since it got edited. make it a questie.
Even in death my hate will go on

#9 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:42 AM

why whose selling it?

It's sold in the Alchemy Shop in Arlin.. for 5 bill. Still waiting on someone to actually purchase it.. ;p
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#10 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

I don't think theres 1 billion gold ingame even let alone 5 . . . and its just a crazy price . . . it would take you over 13 and a half years making 1 million gold per day to be able to afford it lol
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#11 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:08 AM

i thnk you oculd buy some weapon that staff used pre reset for 5 billion too:P
Even in death my hate will go on

#12 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:14 AM

You aren't meant to buy it, hence why it costs 5 billion. Unless the staff member that added it into the shop is stupid :P

#13 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:05 AM

shouldnt happen
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#14 Nox

Nox
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:09 AM

5 bill is to much :P ^_^
ßê¥øÑÐ Ñõ £õv€

#15 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:01 PM

I said no as it risks overpowering mages.

#16 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:21 PM

not to mention they arent really overpowered atm :P
Primex ingame

#17 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:00 PM

I said no as it risks overpowering mages.

they already ARE over powered lol
Page/Memo Beatrix

#18 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:10 AM

Sell it for 500mil, reasonable, and if you reach this price, you deserve to be unbeatable.

#19 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:02 AM

I don't feel that devestate should be re-introduced at all. Mages are no longer in the slightest bit weak; devestate would make them ridiculous. Even if it were just 1 mage or w/e, though either way, buying or quest, there would be more than one mage who'd start making people constantly whine.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#20 dark pyro

dark pyro
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:20 PM

Sell it for 500mil, reasonable, and if you reach this price, you deserve to be unbeatable.

i agree u would have to say that geting that high of gold would take forever unless u steal all the gold u want from players and sell all lot of quest items. plus by the time u get it u could come close to arching the crit if i am correct. which i seldom are.
go to my room uv been a bad girl
dark_pyro in game
they say yes but u say wtf stf up stupid bisitch

#21 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:06 PM

Naw dont lower the price, mages can already round anything except a zerker...no need to have another mage to powerful

#22 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:16 PM

lower it to 10mil and have it as equivalent of cobalt staff.
Feck Off

#23 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:50 PM

lower it to 10mil and have it as equivalent of cobalt staff.

You have that already with beam considering that a mage very seldomly has a problem with being resisted.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#24 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:17 PM

devestate should just be like, beam with 0.3 exta damage, so 60dmg beam would goto 78, like what a cobalt does, but instead of getting the life put on u it goes into extra damage.

sounds resonable to me.

yeah actully 20 mil is gud
Feck Off

#25 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:35 PM

Calculator: 78*5 = 390

You really think a mage should be able to round things with perfect wisdom even with a fizzle added in; possibly even with a fizzle and a half damage?
That is ridiculous. Leave mages how they are. They've been altered to be strong, and they should be strong because they're not easy to train or use in large combination as attackers. Leave it at that. Don't make mages stupid.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#26 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:26 PM

Calculator: 78*5 = 390

You really think a mage should be able to round things with perfect wisdom even with a fizzle added in; possibly even with a fizzle and a half damage?
That is ridiculous. Leave mages how they are. They've been altered to be strong, and they should be strong because they're not easy to train or use in large combination as attackers. Leave it at that. Don't make mages stupid.

As it stands now, mages aren't hard to train... I've seen people do what took me a week pre update in 2 days.

Make it a somewhat questie, maybe an area with a 2% drop rate on the major boss, and make the boss helluva tough. Would have to give it some sort of negative side effect, because it would completely overpower mages
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#27 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:52 PM

/nod
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#28 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

what exactly did devastate do? i know it caused a lot of damage, but how much?
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#29 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:17 PM

It used to cause about 120 damage, but I believe it was reduced to about 100.

I'm pretty sure Pandilex put it in the Alchemy shop for a joke but also to show it still exists! I designed the Dendeya Archives to give it a proper home (still costing 5,000,000,000 gold, of course!), and although Pandilex approved, it is yet to be implemented. Fingers crossed!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#30 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:26 PM

This is slightly off-topic, but it might help in balancing Devastate a bit. It says in Devastate's description (/library Devastate) that some of the greatest conjurers have destroyed themselves casting this spell... so... why not give it the added risk of backfiring and causing the caster significant damage?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users