Save Multi

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË

MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

I know this has been said alot and that alot of the old players want it back so, i guess ill explain what this is about. The NOPK on the multi server is killing it. You have People running their mouths and people are getting sick of the drama with no way to take care of it... Thos driving people away from the game... Yes i know im allready gone, but why let a game that use to be good killed by the drama and retards that run their mouth. i say you should bring back pking. and then see if the kids that run their mouth are so big. as it is you allready lost Chainy she is leaving cause of bs and i left do to the same crappy drama. Tis all up to you. have fun peeps 1 last attempt to help the game out... sence my area's will never come in lol

Edited by MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË, 06 April 2008 - 09:31 PM.

Mudvayne

#2 vex

vex
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

i agree, bring backpk on multi
Don't argue with an idiot They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

#3 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Multi has more users and more characters online since the server went no-PK than the last few months when it was PK. Hard to argue with numbers.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#4 Orgy

Orgy
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

Bring nopk back, if it brings Knuckles back.
Tear ingame.

#5 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

In my experience the people that get sucked into drama are the ones that don't mind making it worse.

And thinking you can set people straight with pking is just plain silly lol. Thought this game had ignore functions nowadays.

Besides that, pking will only make the so called drama worse.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#6 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

Besides that, pking will only make the so called drama worse.

WOAH !! someone that can reason ! now that I like ;)

Go Angelus !!! 2 points for the Dutch Team

Elf :ph34r:

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:04 AM

Play 1a
Autek in game.

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:00 AM

1. Peacemaker---I am active staff, and I PK'd as well as any active player on Nightmist.
You can argue with that, but don't bother doing so on this post. The point is that there are staff members who have PK'd, and I did it for a long, long time.
I'm not out to prove anything, but if you never saw me PK, it happened. It can at least be seen by my style of play with bosses and when I enter moshes with Everlast. Ask Trev, Everlast wins nearly every time I put him in...now at least. Kev has been gone a while...heh.

It got old, and it made the game have too much drama. It was part of why I ended up taking a break, and I came back and didn't bother with it much.
Not dealing with PKing makes it much easier to be friends with people in the game, and that is what makes the game fun.
I wish I could get an operating system working on my laptop so I could be around a bit more and take some people off to the middle of no where. That is the only thing needed with an NOPK server---a few active players who will work together and really kick some arse.

2. Angelus hit the nail on the head, in my opinion.

3. There are more active players now than there were before, and the activity is actually playing more than sitting at gatehouses or talking trash.
The game is moving in a positive direction, again, in my opinion.

-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:18 AM

i think the player base increase had little to do with nopk being added... mainly because of how unappealing it sounds... my reason being that it takes out a huge aspect of the game... for me pk'n is something to do occasionally when im bored, and i really dont pk too much(rarely really)... but it is still part of the game on the other side to... when ur training and someone tries to kill you it brings excitement to the game... what im saying is that the defensive aspect of pkn can be fun too.. anyways, the main reason i discredit nopk for increased playerbase is because of the fact that 1a increased at about the same time... so if you choose to pk or not should be your choice..not forced upon the entire playerbase... just my opinion tho..dont even play main so i could really care less...

Edited by Consumed, 07 April 2008 - 06:19 AM.

-Alias ingame-

#10 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

anyways, the main reason i discredit nopk for increased playerbase is because of the fact that 1a increased at about the same time...

Also not true. The 1a numbers remained constant (or even dropped a bit, depending on how you look at it) while the multi numbers increased.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#11 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

u must be lookin at something different than me.. because in the last couple of months the amount of users on during peak hours has almost doubled...i saw 35 characters on..which means there were prolly like 30 people or so(way to much double pc'n goin on... but hey..if they gotta do that...)...

Edited by Consumed, 07 April 2008 - 07:48 AM.

-Alias ingame-

#12 Lightning

Lightning
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

It can at least be seen by my style of play with bosses and when I enter moshes with Everlast. Ask Trev, Everlast wins nearly every time I put him in...now at least. Kev has been gone a while...heh.

<3 lol - Gaddy actually banned my account so he could win ;) j/k :ph34r: Glad you've taken over where I've left off, was always interesting fighting you in the end =]
-Quark/Sonic ingame-

* Earn Money For 5 Minutes Each Day

#13 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

so if you choose to pk or not should be your choice..not forced upon the entire playerbase...

Depends how you look at it. If I'm training and say Mark or someone walks up on me and starts attacking me, am I not forced to PK in return to defend myself? Yes, it has alternate meanings to PK, but all in all, PKing goes back and forth considering you're having to kill in return. Some prefer to call that the hunter and the hunted though and not to call it PKing in retaliation to the other. Either way, in my opinion, PKing is forced on anyone from time to time if pking is possible.

I do kinda like the NOPK though, it keeps me from rounding my own alts, which I try to do often by accident.

I do disagree with it because I like to get out and PK from time to time, so now I have to log on 1a to do so. LoL.

Oh. I have seen Gaddy pwn some people before! He's very good at sockin' it to em! Saw alot of it when we were in Devout together.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#14 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

just put some measuring tapes up at NGH, that way we can settle all arguments like men. :ph34r:

Edited by Sneaky, 07 April 2008 - 02:50 PM.

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#15 Sarna

Sarna
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

make it pk in certain areas and make the lvl difference like 3 levels

Sarna main Sarna 1alt

#16 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Lol as the staff from here said, it won't go back..
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#17 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:20 PM

make it pk in certain areas and make the lvl difference like 3 levels

sounds like a good idea...
-Alias ingame-

#18 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

sounds like a good idea...

nice post time

deimos the noob said no

#19 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

No it doesn't.

First, 3 level difference means you can have cleric which is out of pk range to back you up etc.

And making pk in certain area's was suggested before (like only around NM, RH, Arilin nopk) but that would mean every square has to be set seperatly and would take a long time. Besides that, people who are training will ignore those area's, only pkers will go there and thus will only find other pkers. And if thats the case you might as well run around in an xp-loss dueling arena.

Edited by Angelus, 07 April 2008 - 08:50 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#20 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

I am one all for the PK server back but staff wont add it.. I like the certain area's eg Museum (then the gold can also be put back), but the 3 level difference would just plain suck....
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#21 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

ya ur right..the 3 lvl thing isnt really a good idea.. i was really talkin bout certain areas being pk..
-Alias ingame-

#22 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

There are 31 characters online, (31 users). 1a

There are 73 characters online, (15 users). multi

:ph34r:

and most are dnd on multi
-Alias ingame-

#23 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:36 AM

and now...

There are 34 characters online, (34 users).

There are 29 characters online, (8 users).

so dont tell me whats not true :ph34r:

EDIT: both of the multi numbers(that are so much higher than they were *eyes*) were including me(dont play multi was just checking to see how many were on)

Edited by Consumed, 08 April 2008 - 12:42 AM.

-Alias ingame-

#24 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:09 AM

1a ftw
Autek in game.

#25 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:17 AM

how about bring pk back and make it so u can only pk crits that are over lvl 30? this way the noobs will have a chance to get used to the game and 'should' be strong enough to pk thoughts and comments about this please

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#26 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:21 AM

noobs will get smart enough to just leave crits at level 29 so they can't be pked for a long, long, long time

deimos the noob said no

#27 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:23 AM

you make a valid point there so make it 29+ to pk then?

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#28 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:37 AM

Could always make it so you get 5-6th stamina on lvl 30 :ph34r:
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#29 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

I have an idea why dont staff have a vote from every active main player whether or not it should be pk or not. This will tell you what the playerbase wants. Unless if of course you dont care. If you do then this is the right thing to do. I dont remember a vote being made on it being nopk and there should have been. Let the votes speak for themselves.
Peacemaker both servers.

#30 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

Nightmist is not a democracy, and never has been.

The only democratic decisions that have been made have been on the whim of the staff involved.

This is how it has always been, if staff want to make changes without voting that is their decision.

Was there a vote when the exp limit was imposed? No because the player base hated the idea as it left us basically screwed over, but it improved the game.

Were we consulted when the exp and gold was altered in the zeum? No because every one would have voted no as its beneficial to us to leave it be.

There can't be votes for every thing, if staff feel it should be lifted they will.

Love lew xxxx
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users