The New 1a

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Ok so, i've played for over a year and in that time managed to obtain a cobalt and a lvl 31 zerk, i just want to know is it worth my time to continue playing or will 1alt cease to exist in a few months and i'll have wasted my time...

I think im not the only one who wants an answer to this question hence the only reason im posting this, i know staff don't want to give too much away but i think people deserve to know that they're not investing they're time in something that won't be there in a few months.. thats all.

#2 DefectiveBomb

DefectiveBomb
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

WOOT!!! supported
~Killer_Clown 1a~
~Metallica main~
METALLICA

#3 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

agreed.
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#4 Grahn

Grahn
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

We do deserve an answer on that.

/Grahn
Hunchback, 1alt

#5 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

Definitely agreed with Chris. It's fine that the Staff doesn't want to reveal too much about 1a2. I would do the same thing here. But with talks of the original 1a server being deleted, we at least deserve to know if we should stop playing or just keep on going. I'll keep playing either way, but it would be nice to know before I invest too much more time.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#6 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

Posting for Rush;

Rush Pages You from (Hidden): could you post on there for me and say its from Rush/cole saying that i support the question and would kindly like the answer if 1a will be kept or scrapped

#7 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

IF it happens 1a will more then likely be deleted. The question you should be asking is "Are you 100% sure your going to have 1a2 ever up and running?". Also, I probably wouldn't stop playing because what would probably happen then is, you will stop playing so you don't "waste" your time, but then 1a2 for some reason will never exist and then you would of "wasted" your time not playing the current 1a but instead waiting for 1a2.

#8 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

agreed

"Wake Up!!" 

#9 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I think it was made pretty clear what was going to happen. Hence the reason I no longer play the current version of 1alt. I will return once the project is done.

Read JLH's and Simon's posts. JLH will not support another server. Simon feels that we need to start from scratch. JLH and Simon have both stated the main server is here to stay. Which leaves. . .

See ya when the new 1alt comes out.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#10 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

ok this is a log i have from one of a few chats ive had with jlh it clearly states that pandilex is controlling what is going on.

Curran says:
john
Curran says:
u there?
jonathan_lh@hotmail.com says:
?
Curran says:
can i ask u some questions?

You have just sent a nudge.

Curran says:
orry
Curran says:
wrong button lol
hm?
Curran says:
might i ask what 1a2 game staff are?

jonathan_lh@hotmail.com has chosen not to receive Voice Clips.

nope
Curran says:
so everyone on 1a now is going to lose everything
why
Curran says:
were all wondering wether we should quit
Curran says:
well
Curran says:
if we lose everything we have worked hard
Curran says:
for
who said you will
Curran says:
no one
Curran says:
but will we?

then stop assuming
it is unlikely, however no decision has been reached, and it will take months for the game to be ready
Curran says:
why cant they just balance the one alt serverwe allready have?
because if people have levelled highly due to an unfair advantage, we can't do anything abuot it
Curran says:
u mean theifs?
no idea, i don't play
Curran says:
then how can u say that?
because it's true
you just implied the server isn't balanced

jonathan_lh@hotmail.com has chosen not to receive Voice Clips.

therefore people may have taken advantage of that
Curran says:
but surly u could let someone rework it a little
apparently it's not possible
and wouldn't get around the fact that people have benefited from it
Curran says:
no
Curran says:
any game john
Curran says:
people find ways to make it easy for themselfs
Curran says:
you and i both know this
i do not look after the stuff in game
i have a staff team to do it
so i have literally no idea on balance, never have, simon has always done it
Curran says:
im sure if u asked some of the old staff they would rework 1a
i just write the code for what i'm told to make

You have just sent a nudge.

Curran says:
sorry
Curran says:
keep doing that lol
Curran says:
<-- divvy
Curran says:
so when 1a2 comes out will we most likly be conpensated for are hard work on the other 1a server?
i am not sure what simon has planned for it
he's heading up the development of 1a2
Curran says:
ok
Curran says:
would it be possible to find out and email me?
you can ask simon on the forum
i am not involved with 1a2 development
Curran says:
but its your game john
no
i write the code to make it work, i do not run it
the staff decide what happens inside it

Not one word of this has been edited it dosent answer many questions tho just thought u may like to see it
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#11 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

I could of told you that :P

#12 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Interesting nonetheless. However, I don't think we should turn this into direct hits against anyone, so I will leave it at that. I'm sure we will be compensated somehow, but it would be nice to know.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#13 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:33 AM

compensated? like someone owes you for your time, so naive. You play a free game, that's easy in concept, that's available 24/7 with little to no updates, that has a staff team that volunteers time and effort to make some parts interesting, and you want to be "paid" as well? Your compensation will be a new and possibly improved server, with classes being slightly more balanced and hopefully a storyline that evolves as the playerbase does.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#14 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:43 AM

compensated? like someone owes you for your time, so naive. You play a free game, that's easy in concept, that's available 24/7 with little to no updates, that has a staff team that volunteers time and effort to make some parts interesting, and you want to be "paid" as well? Your compensation will be a new and possibly improved server, with classes being slightly more balanced and hopefully a storyline that evolves as the playerbase does.

ownd
Apocalypto

#15 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

Corey wins.

#16 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

I still don't believe I've heard an affirmative decision on this by Pandilex/JLH at the same time in agreement.

I think it's more that a decision hasn't been made than that we're not 'giving it away', or I'm just not well informed on it either.

I'd kind of like to know myself and I'd be all for telling the 1a community when I hear something I believe will actually be a definite.

So yes, I guess I'm saying I support your question :P

#17 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Supported
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#18 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

typical pandilex
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#19 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Would be nice to have an answer as to what is going to happen to the stuff we have. I myself find it pointless to train on one alt at the time being since i have no idea whether im going to lose it or not.
Peacemaker both servers.

#20 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

Would be nice to have an answer as to what is going to happen to the stuff we have. I myself find it pointless to train on one alt at the time being since i have no idea whether im going to lose it or not.

True, I'm lucky that my stuff is on the main server mostly. So when the time comes I can print it out and keep it in my pocket. No? Have John send me my crits through the mail then? Not either? Well you lost me then.

Edit: Still support this request btw for all the haters out there.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#21 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

That makes no sense to me what so ever. I have a full party on the main server as well and have been playing them lately as it seems nothing will happen to that server since it has been reset before and balanced to benefit most classes.
Peacemaker both servers.

#22 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

IF it happens 1a will more then likely be deleted. The question you should be asking is "Are you 100% sure your going to have 1a2 ever up and running?". Also, I probably wouldn't stop playing because what would probably happen then is, you will stop playing so you don't "waste" your time, but then 1a2 for some reason will never exist and then you would of "wasted" your time not playing the current 1a but instead waiting for 1a2.

If you think you are wasting your time by playing 1a right now. Then you are wasting your time playing Nightmist in general. I wouldn't hold my breath.

#23 Master1988

Master1988
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

or just ditch 1-alt and work on main more 1-alt was tried and its failed unless u have a theif u pretty much not going any where
FåT Ðåññ¥/Danny_The_Pacifist x

#24 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

or just ditch 1-alt and work on main more 1-alt was tried and its failed unless u have a theif u pretty much not going any where

Lol... There are plenty successful races on 1a. Ranger/Druid/Mage etc. Just because thieves is the easy road doesn't mean its the only road.

#25 Master1988

Master1988
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

1-alt sucks they should have just stuck with the main server and made that better, JLH/Pandilex should have made a completley differnt solo alt game instead of taking nightmist and making a 1-alt version,
nightmist wasnt and isnt ment to be 1-alt u should have the choice to go kill boss's on a party if u wish to 1-alt was just a pathetic attempt to try and get more people playin and yeah maybe a few older players did come back to play 1-alt but the player base on both servers suffers badly if Jlh/Pandilex had just put the time and effort into main then new people would come and play and older players would have come back just as easy.
Now all i can say is that of main keeps going the was it has over the last year or so they might as well just close the server whilst there are 2 servers both servers will suffer dramticly i say either one server or the other
If NightMist was ment to be a 1-alt game then why didnt JLH/Pandilex make it like that when they put the server up back in 2000

if people dont like my opinions then its tuff luck its my opinion

Edited by Master1988, 02 June 2009 - 08:04 PM.

FåT Ðåññ¥/Danny_The_Pacifist x

#26 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

There is no answer. Communication was essential for transition, now you've lost most of the 1A playerbase. I think I have gotten my answer already.

There are many other games out there if you will search for MUD sites. You know, those silly things we maybe have gone to, to vote for our favorite game. I suggest if you want to find a similar game to play, you start there. I will not endorse a certain game on the thread, but if you IM me, I can suggest a few.

Or play main, where everything is buttercups and butterflies.

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

I would guess that, if they are building a game from scratch, as said, they have just begun making progress on how to setup everything. Surely with the design phase just starting, there is a chance that they ACTUALLY do not know what will be done with the 1-Alt Server, yet.
Also, that's giving the HUGE, MASSIVE, MONUMENTAL, benefit of of assuming this new game is completed.

Anyway, I hope they do manage to complete it, and that it is far more developed and excellent than the original versions of Nightmist. That is what would be best for the game, and it could pull the whole playerbase back into a single game and suduce new players.

o.o

-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#28 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

Anyway, I hope they do manage to complete it, and that it is far more developed and excellent than the original versions of Nightmist. That is what would be best for the game, and it could pull the whole playerbase back into a single game and suduce new players.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that one Gaddy exactly. It's not about how good or bad one server is now, it's about making a new one that's better, that can bring Nightmist back to the kind of activity it used to see.

I'd still like to see an answer to the question asked in this thread too though, for all my effort on 1a. Not that I think it would stop me pushing to achieve the goals I've got my mind set on before the server would shut!

#29 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

....assuming this new game is completed.
-Gaddy

Although we tend to agree to disagree most of the time, once in a while we both think along the same line. It is scarey.

And to all of you players who say you will not play if the game is not going to be around, then you are not a true Nightmistian.

In my opinion, you are the ones who run and hide when any type of adversity are thrown in your direction.

BTW, have you all noticed Pandilex has been absent from the forums for a while now? Is he off chasing the preverbial "butterfly", or is he hard at work on the new server? I noticed Angelus has had ample time to post on the forums recently since he was "promoted". You can make your own conclusions about that last thought yourself.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#30 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

1-alt sucks......

If NightMist was ment to be a 1-alt game then why didnt JLH/Pandilex make it like that when they put the server up back in 2000

And you sir suck, since we are throwing opinions out there.

And as a matter of fact, NM was originaly intended to be a one character game, you can do a bit of searching on the old forum and the begining of this one too if you care to take a break from sucking so badly.

if people dont like my opinions then its tuff luck its my opinion

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users