• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

1) notice game discussion forum about 1/2 of posts are locked kthx

2) we cant even express our opinions anymore witout like crane or any other mod locking our posts......forums should be a place where any one no matter who they are can express there opinion hence it is a "forum" and when i look that up i get "A public meeting place for open discussion" as one of the definitons. Dont think this qualifies as a forum if we cant even speak our minds.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#2 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

its not as bad as all that
Page/Memo Beatrix

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:45 PM

The rules are clear if you are complaining about a staff member - e-mail one of the administrators, do not post about it on the forums.

I lock/delete topics if people keep breaching that rule or if the topic reduces to a slagging frenzy or if the topic creator asks me to lock it.

Things that are likely to cause an uproar are best kept off the public forums and discussed privately with staff or whomever it may concern.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

Crane, did you miss the 'Close' button or something?

#5 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:17 AM

/me nods his head in agreement with crane
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#6 Darklin

Darklin
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

Cant everyone just stfu and quit whining? Like its going to do anything cluttering the forum with yall whining like 5 yr olds. Email your problems, and get the moose over it already.

01010100 01100001 01101100 01101011 01001110 01100101 01110010 01100100 01111001 01010100 01101111 01001101 01100101

#7 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

owned
Page/Memo Beatrix

#8 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

dont think som1 saying make new areas should be emailed 2 JLh, or som1 asking about /toggletranslate should be emailed 2 JLh....

Edited by combusta, 16 April 2005 - 05:18 PM.

o shut up tony

#9 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

I agree with Sam, just because you may not like a thread doesn't mean others don't want to talk about it.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#10 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Doesnt matter really. The games losing people left and right. Its neglected now more then ever. By the time NM2 comes out there wont be anyone left to play it. Proof is the people leaving every day. Oh well though no one cares anymore.. hence the reason the game sucks anymore. Ban for minor actions ignore true offenses. No one cares. Another reason to stop making posts or even logging on at all. Theres no point! It wont make a difference how much you complain... it will tread the same way regardless.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#11 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

Amen, altho that does make me seem ignorant for hanging around for so long with no change or nothing new to do.

Edited by Thunderja, 16 April 2005 - 08:15 PM.

#12 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

JLH change your name to Drug Lord.

For all the crying that goes on. All the negative things everyone always wants to post about. All the things that keep posts like this popping back up day after day after day.

And still people can't walk away. NM has consumed you like a drug. In schools all over the world classes are neglected because simple minds are wondering off to a land we call NM. Homework is pushed aside so people can rush to the forums to catch the lastest deals on used crits or catch up on the gossip that consumes us.

We egerly sit at the sgh refreshing the forum page waiting for the Drug Lord to post anything, just anything in the Announcement and Info forums.

We can't even sit through a whole movie any longer without logging into our accounts to see if someone, just someone has memoed us or maybe just possibly the useless junk we posted on the forsale page has sold.

Just one memo, just one update, just one boss is all we need to fuel our addiction. Just a small sign that are lives aren't worthless.

IF THE GAME IS SO TERRIBLE. THEN WALK AWAY YOU CRYING BABIES.

/bows before the Drug Lord. "You are the keeper of weak minds. Ease the minds you control, and post something on the Announcements and Info thread. Your minions are calling."

Though it had a greater effect it is still swearing - Crane

Edited by Crane, 16 April 2005 - 10:45 PM.

My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#13 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:31 PM

Err you are the one who admitted neglecting time with his kids from it..... That is a lot lamer than anyone else I can imagine... almost sickening.

I for one moan because it is not as good as it could or should be, and it could so EASILY be fixed. Besides if you don't like a thread don't post on it.

Edited by Thunderja, 16 April 2005 - 09:34 PM.

#14 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:37 PM

I for one moan because it is not as good as it could or should be, and it could so EASILY be fixed.

I usually moan when it feels good.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#15 banana rejection

banana rejection
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:49 PM

Err you are the one who admitted neglecting time with his kids from it..... That is a lot lamer than anyone else I can imagine... almost sickening.

I for one moan because it is not as good as it could or should be, and it could so EASILY be fixed. Besides if you don't like a thread don't post on it.

How long would it take to be easily fixed? (in your own opinion) and from that, post/email something that JLH might be interested in thinking about even taking into consideration to "fix" it as you say.

If staff hate the moaning and "negative topics", maybe they can get people to thank them for giving them something to do by doing something different!

Something new and completely random but planned between staff for example.. Could be anything... Like.. a new and improved boss?

Something that people cant go and own in one 20 minutes.

Then they'd have something new to post about to ^_^

Edited by banana rejection, 16 April 2005 - 10:51 PM.

#16 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:55 PM

yes, yes they would. Nice post and I agree.

Edited by Thunderja, 16 April 2005 - 10:56 PM.

#17 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:24 PM

I only count 6 of the 30 locked... where are the other 11?

#18 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:31 PM

I agree with Sam, just because you may not like a thread doesn't mean others don't want to talk about it.

yeah, less of the stupid locking please.

#19 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:07 PM

I only count 6 of the 30 locked... where are the other 11?

Cause we all know 30/2 = 17..

Rolling crits is hard aye

Edited by Angelus, 17 April 2005 - 05:08 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#20 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

Haha owned
Stadic Ingame...

#21 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:39 PM

http://www.nightmist...=0

Another QUALITY thread gone down the nutster

#22 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

my GOD... Momba posting the most philisophical post i have ever seen in my life, and STILL crane edits it. it's addicting now because people like power, and power is a big deal on this game. once you can own a few poeple, join a high rank clan, have atleast 5 archs and 1mil gold in your bank, you have power, and respect (sometimes).

but yeah, nobody cares anymore, whining does nothing, suggestions do nothing, and once NM2 is out, this game will be dead, and pointless.

power and leadership is addicting, not the game. although when the game was fun, it was addicting.

Edited by Zelimos, 17 April 2005 - 10:56 PM.

#23 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

One thing, FAQ means frequently asked question...meaning ask questions and expect them to be replied to not flamed...

#24 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:26 AM

The rules are clear if you are complaining about a staff member - e-mail one of the administrators, do not post about it on the forums.

I lock/delete topics if people keep breaching that rule or if the topic reduces to a slagging frenzy or if the topic creator asks me to lock it.

Things that are likely to cause an uproar are best kept off the public forums and discussed privately with staff or whomever it may concern.

/nod Crane

Crane, did you miss the 'Close' button or something?

What I absolutely love about this here post is that if Crane had closed the topic, he would have been yelled at, and a point would have been made about how he was just proving all the flames right.

His judgement was obviously trusted as sound enough to entrust him with the rights and responsibilities of being a moderator. I, perosnally, think he's handled it quite well...

If people continue to harass Crane continually as I have been witness in the past 3 days of casually perusing the forums, I promise you that severe repurcussions will result in the near future. If any of you spoilt, immature, jealous children have a problem with Crane, how he moderates and/or conducts himself, then you are more than welcome to put your whiney, pathetic, jealous complaints in a well written email to JLH, explaining what it is that you specifically feel he has done wrong. I personally have DELETED a number of threads that Crane had the good nature only to lock. I will be watching these forums alot more over the next few weeks, and any undue critical attention drawn towards Crane will be immediately passed onto admin and your behavior will be adjusted accordingly.

What the what?

#25 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

insert flame:
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#26 Àðìðàs

Àðìðàs
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:40 PM

Doesnt matter really. The games losing people left and right. Its neglected now more then ever. By the time NM2 comes out there wont be anyone left to play it. Proof is the people leaving every day. Oh well though no one cares anymore.. hence the reason the game sucks anymore. Ban for minor actions ignore true offenses. No one cares. Another reason to stop making posts or even logging on at all. Theres no point! It wont make a difference how much you complain... it will tread the same way regardless.

my thoughts exactly...but i am woundering why i still play? lol
Life is a war that you allways lose, because you allways end up dieing.

#27 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:02 PM

My views on the NM comminuty have now changed. If you guys hate the game so much, just quit, it's not going to change. Hey, some people still like it, and they won't quit. Whining will get you NOWHERE. Crane is a very good mod IMHO, he edit'd Momba's post becuase of SWEAR WORDS, not becuase he didn't like it, infact he barely changed it besides some profanity. The reason for the forums is to talk about things, not whine. People still sell things, there's another reason. I could go on and on except I don't want to waste my time argueing something that I will win no matter what.

If you don't like the game, noone is forcing you to play it, so quit your whining and quit the game. You try to code an RPG and make everyone love it and noone not, but the fact is, your small immatured mind won't come close to what mine is right now at the age of 14.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#28 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:24 PM

His judgement was obviously trusted as sound enough to entrust him with the rights and responsibilities of being a moderator. I, perosnally, think he's handled it quite well...

I forgot to say this in my last post but:

He can also say that he practices what he preaches.

I haven't really seen him flame anyone, in all my time of watching the forums. When he doesn't agree, he seems to handle it in a mature and responsible fashion.

And with the big deal he makes about profanity, I haven't seen him swear once either.

People like Crane should be rewarded for using their power in a responsible way, not bashed because it isn't the way that you feel it should be used, or because it doesn't benefit you the most.

Plus, if a person posts in a constructive manor, and if they do it in a way that meets the terms of service, they shouldn't have any real problems.

What the what?

#29 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

I can't believe anyone is actually complaining in the first, it's just the NM forums. Whoo hooo!

Right....
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#30 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

Wth of course we gonna whine about forums cuz game is boring cuz staff won't make new areas hint hint /wink /wink

I have a solution, close forums, had something where u can yell 2 all of game, and a toggle if u want it on or off, problem solved

o shut up tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users