Photo

Devastate For Sorcerer's

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Devastate be allowed for Mages with 500mil+ exp & perhaps cost 20mil for the scroll?

Should Devastate be allowed for Mages with 500mil+ exp & perhaps cost 20mil for the scroll?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:40 PM

I think getting to 500mil exp on a mage is alot of time and hard work, therefore the training+ say 20mil gold, a sorcerer should be able to use devastate...

There are currently NO sorcerer's ingame, and does take time to get that kind of exp on a mage, so i feel devastate should be allowed...

#2 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

Supported

#3 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

Supported but maybe not 20 mil, i'd say 25 + atleast.

Maybe 30 mil.
Disaster ingame.

#4 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:42 PM

not supported spell is to strong it shouldnt be ressurected in the game and it wont be
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

A flurry of Beam has a high chance of rounding crits already. While Devastate would be a nice reward for gaining Sorcerer status, or simply as an area drop, it is far too powerful as it stands.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

Mages have already been made as powerful as they ought to be.
They used to be big problems and annoyances, but now that it's been fixed, lets not ruin it.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

I still think Devastate should be available at sorcerer, but possibly around 30mil gold....

#8 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

can neone juss say ur a noob for even makin this post? mages are to powerful for that spell, maybe before they made mages stronger i can see it bein a suggestion but not now so gg
ur mom sux

#9 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

gg bill, i was waiting for that... can u tell me this, why are you always flaming/yapping, cheer up dude???

Anyway if you disagree, chill, just vote No, don't get all agressive towards a harmless post, and it's my opinion that sorcerer's should have devastate, and oh look..

Yes:8
No:5

Edited by Carbon, 15 August 2005 - 08:27 PM.

#10 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

I disagree with Mage's being able to "buy" spells at all... Sure maybe they can buy the book, but you don't just learn these things straight away...

Anyway, if it's going to be like this, then give people a goal to work for... Make it 100mil. ^_^

Edited by Sean, 15 August 2005 - 09:09 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

#11 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

i wasnt gettin aggressive over a post lol but ok... was juss givin my opinion
ur mom sux

#12 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

In theory it's a good idea. In practice it would slightly overpower mages. However, since only a few mages are likely to ever get it, supported ^_^
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#13 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

Given that:
a: There are no sorcerers at present,
b: They will be few and far between, and
c: If you have put in the work and training to reach that amount of xp, you are probably able to fight your mage already, Devastate will not unbalance anything that isn't already unbalanced so supported.
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#14 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:06 PM

Eh.. How about they bring back Devastate's area, and only Sorcerers can enter it. ^_^
Stadic Ingame...

#15 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:15 PM

Eh.. How about they bring back Devastate's area, and only Sorcerers can enter it. ^_^

That's not a bad idea, would be a very empty area though lol

#16 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

How bout no, Scottie, ok?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#17 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:27 AM

How bout no, Scottie, ok?

*Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* *Uh* .... Nuh?

#18 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:46 AM

Zip it good...you know you should!
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#19 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:17 AM

Don't hate the idea because I will get it on Chiquita. I actually think 500 mil exp + 20 mil is very fair for such an accomplishment. Maybe make it a GRANDMASTER sorcerer can get it.

And Sean great point ^_^.

Edited by Thunderja, 16 August 2005 - 10:57 AM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#20 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:13 AM

or maybe staff can do a quest one day where you have to get certain ingredients to make the scroll lol that would be funn but it also would be very difficult since there is only 1 of each ingredient in game :->

#21 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:49 PM

or maybe staff can do a quest one day where you have to get certain ingredients to make the scroll lol that would be funn but it also would be very difficult since there is only 1 of each ingredient in game :->

We don't need another item ingame gained by finding an ingredient south of SGH...
I doubt one person would be lucky enough to get every ingredient before everyone else.
If someone else gets one of the ingredients they probably wont want to sell it making the entire quest useless.
Why are we using ingredients to make a scroll?
Why do you even bother? ^_^
Stadic Ingame...

#22 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

Zip it good...you know you should!

Don't speak, you'll spoil it!

#23 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

Shrug's I dont know... just thought i would put some kinda of fun filled adventure into this thread... but oh well/..

Devestate will never come back into this game until someone reaches 1 billion gold.. which would prolly take 5 years rofl

1 billion gold lol but by the time somoene got to 1 billion gold staff would up the price higher i bet you lol

#24 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

Shrug's I dont know... just thought i would put some kinda of fun filled adventure into this thread... but oh well/..

Devestate will never come back into this game until someone reaches 1 billion gold.. which would prolly take 5 years rofl

1 billion gold lol but by the time somoene got to 1 billion gold staff would up the price higher i bet you lol

5 billion. ^_^
Stadic Ingame...

#25 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:39 PM

My case still stands, if you achieve the rank of sorcerer it means you have entirely too much time on your hands.

Second point is; Don't bring back a questie item for normal player use. One person had it, and he got banned therefore his crit was deleted. Be happy with what you have and quit whining.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

#26 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

1 billion gold lol  but by the time somoene got to 1 billion gold staff would up the price higher i bet you lol

5 billion. ^_^

Correct! The Scroll of Devastate can still be bought for 5,000,000,000 gold... it's just been moved to a more appropriate location.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#27 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:57 PM

i dont support.. having the title sorcerer is your reward

#28 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:28 PM

i dont support.. having the title sorcerer is your reward

/nod Dark
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#29 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:47 PM

Disagreed, administration has already made it so that devestate is that sort of 'unreachable' spell, its a spell thats so powerful that once someone gets it, they deserve it.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#30 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

Disagreed, administration has already made it so that devestate is that sort of 'unreachable' spell, its a spell thats so powerful that once someone gets it, they deserve it.

Yeah but the fact is. It's unreachable so no one is going to reach it. (Who would've thought.) ^_^
It's not MASSIVLY overpowered, and I do agree that someone has to work very hard to deserve it, but if there was a way to get the spell, then the people would work hard enough to deserve that spell.

I don't think everyone ingame should have this though... Not even everyone who works that hard... Maybe the first Grandmaster Sorcerer could be the one rewarded with the spell...
Stadic Ingame...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users