Roller Improvement

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

Would it be possible to add a "Back One" option on the roller... would help if you accidentally rolled over good stats.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#2 Spekkio

Spekkio
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:28 PM

I would love to have that.... 'BUT' no. It's fine the way it is, you just need to slow down if you are passing good stats. Maybe take an 'eye break' every half-hour or so. Get yourself some coffee?
Ñôökïè Mòñstër: Spekkio, Kleptomaniac, Mushu, Gargoyle, Gaspar, Bahamut and Mesmerize ingame.

#3 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:30 PM

supported
Page/Memo Beatrix

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:02 PM

Suggested before, would be a nice addition.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

suggested before dun think jlh liked it altho everybody else did :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#6 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

I love it!
«¤Mêad¤»*

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

Rolling over a good roll is the price of careless clicking. I've had to pay the price. But then again, it is all too easy if it lags slightly and then it isn't really your fault. I'm kind of neutral on this one.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:44 PM

no need for it, if someone is clicking that fast they deserve it, and without there are still alot of good rolls happening, just live with it and pace yourself with the clicking
The Smily Pill

#9 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:49 PM

i think this defeats the whole object of rolling a character, VERY unsupported

#10 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:05 AM

How does it defeat the whole point? When its laggy and your rolling, the "Reroll" button may turn un-gray for lack of a better word, but if you try to roll again it doesnt register and skips over one. Don't see how it can defeat the whole point for being able to go back 1 roll, you rolled the crit you'd be going back to to begin with.

deimos the noob said no

#11 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:07 AM

I like it....

#12 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:37 AM

supported...if this was in a year ago i'd have had my freaking 6 stats elf i rolled past and countless other good crits rofl allthough iam just a plain out sucky roller lol

#13 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:37 AM

I rolled a six stat elf :P

deimos the noob said no

#14 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:51 AM

then slow down and pace yourself you don't get a prize for clicking like a retard, this would be a useless adding of code
The Smily Pill

#15 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:32 AM

Go back to your half orc topic, your just repeating what other people have already said. I hear you finished school, graduated, and got your diploma from The Redundancy school of Redundancy?

deimos the noob said no

#16 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:41 AM

Nice idea but it wont get added. Most of you should know that.

Maybe it can be a save stats button that would save one set of stats that you roll. Lets say you roll up a 2 off wis for a 5 stat halfling. You really want to wait out for a better wis but that 2 off 5 looks pretty good after rolling for hours. Click the save stats button and those stats are saved into a temp memory in the roller and the save stats button changes to recall stats. This button could only be used 1 time per character creation window. Once you save them they are in the memory and even if they are recalled you can not save any till you close the character creation window and reopen it.

I just think a back button is a bit off in what is needed when rolling crits. As someone before me has replied

pace yourself with the clicking

I have rolled over many awesome crits in a long 3 + something years. Was only able to keep 1 of those many (1 off con for a 6 stat elf, still not the best but its 1 off 6 damnit!!!!). I have learned to slow down while rolling because rolling crits is not a race. There is no set ammount of clicks on the reroll button you have to do, really no need to be clicking the mouse as if you were on speed. You can either slow down or resort to paying someone like Samus to roll crits. And let me tell you Samus and the roller are tight.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#17 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:44 AM

uuhh, a go back button on the roller has nothing to do with my half orc topic
The Smily Pill

#18 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:46 AM

Maybe it can be a save stats button that would save one set of stats that you roll. Lets say you roll up a 2 off wis for a 5 stat halfling. You really want to wait out for a better wis but that 2 off 5 looks pretty good after rolling for hours. Click the save stats button and those stats are saved into a temp memory in the roller and the save stats button changes to recall stats. This button could only be used 1 time per character creation window. Once you save them they are in the memory and even if they are recalled you can not save any till you close the character creation window and reopen it.

I do that by making simply finishing the crit with the nice stats. I continue rolling for another hour or so and, if I don't come up with anything, I'll just keep the character (give it a name-change or whatever as it's free at this level).

If I do happen to roll a better set of stats, I'll keep that crit (give it a spiffy name-change) and then try to sell off the other, worse-off crit. If no-one buys it, I just simply delete it.
Posted Image

#19 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 01:09 PM

i disagree on having a roll back. if you pass it up, then next time slow down, study the stats more often, and pray that you get one. if you don't like praying then wish for good luck. A nd you don't believe in that, then i don't know, make love to a penguin i guess.
The Greater the Difficulty, the More the Glory in Surmounting it. -Epicurus

#20 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 02:28 AM

i disagree on having a roll back. if you pass it up, then next time slow down, study the stats more often, and pray that you get one. if you don't like praying then wish for good luck. A nd you don't believe in that, then i don't know, make love to a penguin i guess.

you're dead

#21 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:35 PM

not intending to you penguin.... i meant a jackass penguin that lives in Africa...
The Greater the Difficulty, the More the Glory in Surmounting it. -Epicurus

#22 the business

the business
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

i asked JLH about this. He said people should learn to wait for stats to appear...

#23 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

can i ask for the instant 6 stat button as well?
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#24 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

Can't do that, no point in auto-rollers then.
Stadic Ingame...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users