1a main level cap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:23 AM

I've been active on both servers recently, and have noticed a complete lack of events on either. I think some friendly competition would be a nice addition to each server. It's tough to add this in a way that encourages established players to participate but also makes it worthwhile for newbies. My initial thought was to bring back some of the old events, but place a level 30 cap. If anyone else has other suggestions, I would love to hear them, otherwise here's what I'm thinking:

The events that I'd propose bringing back:

-- Champ's belt mosh 

-- Triplex 

-- 1alt PT 

-- Drunken mosh (I think this one was always level 15, so I'd suggest sticking to that)

-- Was there ever a lvl 1 mosh? We used to have them randomly, but a weekly event for a cool amulet or something would be pretty sweet. 

Here's the rationale:

-- Established players still gain an advantage in that they'll typically have better equipment than newbies 

-- Early players have a way to be competitive earlier on in the game 

-- The equip dropped by these events is typically good enough that established players would want to compete in the events.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I'd prefer for this not to devolve into a "main vs 1a" discussion; if you want me to make separate topics for each server, let me know and I could to so. Let me know what you think. 

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#2 Migraine

Migraine
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

Ik that formulas were placed so people could start their own Moshes. Apart from that people generally dont want to use a item of their own and or give up any kind of item for a prize, and also the cost to startup the mosh can add up to. I really used to love events it's fun and good to have the friendly and sometimes unfriendly competition. I'd support this 100% just don't see anyone other then Mr Gareth himself to be able to run it, and after all he is a busy man!

-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-º±«×-

1alt: Rot, Zipo, Immortal

#3 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

Id love to see events but even if you set them at say level 30 the vets would still have cobalts etc.

On rok someone wrote a script on a staff character so it would start up moshes as well as handle all the warping etc. it would be even easier since that system is already in place. All staff would have to do is make a staff character load it with money and write a script to start the moshes at certain times.

I'm sure Wayne could fill everyone in on how it worked he won most the moshes over there haha

So yea the real problem would just be to figure out an event that most people could join but was also fair to everyone. Something like a teams mosh might work?

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#4 Migraine

Migraine
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Or even capture the flag set for certain levels

-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-º±«×-

1alt: Rot, Zipo, Immortal

#5 Justice

Justice
  • Members