Wafer's Content

There have been 167 items by Wafer (Search limited from 30-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#109684 What Really Annoys You?

Posted by Wafer on 07 April 2005 - 11:39 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

6. Obviously bored people, starting threads in forums for no reason, other than to kill time.  :P

read number 4 :)

pwned ^_^

What does annoy me are people who think that the world owes them something. I'm sorry but it doesn't, life is unfair, Sod's Law, Murphy's law and general unfairness is the rule of the day everyday, so suck it up like the rest of us have to.

/t redheart chav's are truly delightful people. You can picture them by imagining white trash dressed as rappers. What sets them apart though, is that they know they are scum but think that being scum is the greatest thing possible.

My favourite chav give away is the girl that sits out in any sun, gets sunburned, and show off the burn in a halter-top with a lovely white bra-strap tan-line running through it. Pure class!

#109493 What Really Annoys You?

Posted by Wafer on 06 April 2005 - 09:51 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

6. Obviously bored people, starting threads in forums for no reason, other than to kill time. ^_^

#109386 Nightmist's Sexiest Guy

Posted by Wafer on 05 April 2005 - 03:31 PM in Off-Topic Polls

http://photobucket.c...szz/th_Hugh.jpg

4 teh win!

#109382 Evolution Vs. Creationism

Posted by Wafer on 05 April 2005 - 03:15 PM in Off-Topic Polls

In my opinion, religion is the comfort blanket of the unimaginative, which is borne out by the creation idea. What a simplistic fairytale that is!

"he said 'let there be light!', and it was so." Not exactly Times Best Seller List on the old plot development front, is it? A bit like answering a kids questions, with 'I told you so, thats why'.

Of course its pointless arguing with the religious types though because they are scared, scared of the dark, scared of dying, scared of asking questions, the answers to which might remove their precious, supersitious comfort blanket.

And how can you possibly argue with someone who's belief's are based on faith, not tangible proof, faith?

So where theories about evolution may differ, those of a more scientific approach agree on some form of biological progression, which is either proven or not with scientific discovery. But those following creationism still have no proof's what-so-ever except their 'faith' about what is said in the Bible.

#109367 Whats Your Favorite Game?

Posted by Wafer on 05 April 2005 - 01:04 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

World of Warcraft, EU Dunemaul (PvP), toon name is Razzor (Horde)

Pokerroom.com, crit name zzWhipszz. I play real/play money pot limit TH

& here of course.

#108687 Funny :p

Posted by Wafer on 01 April 2005 - 11:27 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

Awesome, funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Good find!

#108672 What Will They Think Of Next?

Posted by Wafer on 01 April 2005 - 08:22 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

So your trying to say they shouldn't make margerine? The alternative to butter...

No.

Nothing wrong with margarine at all. My problem lies with margarine passing itself off as butter, like 'I cant believe its not butter'. Why cant he believe it? Is he dead, or have absolutely no sense of taste? Maybe his tongue was ripped out, cas anyone who has ever had the misfortune of tasting the greasy, chemical slop, will tell you that it does not remotely taste of butter.

#108537 What Will They Think Of Next?

Posted by Wafer on 31 March 2005 - 03:03 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

What I am having difficulty is why have something 'like' something its not anyway?

What I mean is, you come along and you try out peanut butter. Upon waking up in the hospital recovering from shock with oven gloves taped to your wrists to prevent you from ripping yourself to shreds sratching your allergic rash, you go hmmm guess that means I can't have any more peanut butter, I wonder what tastes like it?

Being allergic to eggs, I know I'm inclined to give them a wide berth and have not been scouring the shelves looking for 'I Cant Believe Its Not Eggs'.

And if you are off butter for what ever reason, are you so weak willed that you need a crutch that you'd go out and buy 'I Cant Believe They Buy This Slop, That Doesn't Taste Remotely Like Butter, Just Because We Put This Idiot Name On The Packaging'?

#104682 Animal Rights And Environmental Extremists

Posted by Wafer on 03 March 2005 - 03:40 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

These people are feaks. I have been targetted twice by these nuts purely because I keep exotic lizards.

Animal libbers are a very scary type of nut believe me, and have ended up with some incredably powerful political clout, albeit more through accident than design.

They hold enourmous sway in organisations like the RSPCA through their political arm Animal Aid (think Animal Aid, think Sinn Fein during the troubles), which in turn influences DEFRA and in turn the Government! This is really scary.

Oh no, not the RSPCA! Oh yes I'm afraid, behind their huge advertising campaigns (ever ask yourself why an organisation like the RSPCA needs such blanket advertising campaigns?), their charter calls for the complete banning of ALL companian animals, which includes cats and dogs. Obviously someone in that organisations hierarchy has some shred of sanity left, and realises that if this information was common knowledge then their millions of revenue annually, would dry up from the cat and dog lovers that support them!

Did you know that next to the food industry, the RSPCA is the biggest killer of animals in this country? Compare that to the Blue Cross that manage on a fraction of the income generated by RSPCA to keep all their rescued animals alive? A certain irony in that.

Whew, whew....sorry rant over, but these people...... they do more damage than good, and ironically to the very animals they think they are protecting.

:angry:

#102165 Love Through The Forums

Posted by Wafer on 15 February 2005 - 04:33 PM in Off-Topic Polls

The constant bickering. The jumping into other threads to flame. All indictators of a simmering, passionate romance????

#102131 Wow Europe

Posted by Wafer on 15 February 2005 - 12:43 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

Got my game on Friday, and guess what, my puter bellied up and died! :unsure:

My friend the techie is fixing and buffing it now and I should have it back later today or tomorrow with a few nice new bells and whistles.

My question is this, I plan on playing PvE for 2 reasons first, a) PvP servers are overpopulated atm, and b ) I want to get to know the game before I create a PvP alt.

What PvE servers are people on and alt names please, if you wanna hook up and save having to learn a whole new lingo!

Tanx

#101860 Do You Love Your Country?

Posted by Wafer on 14 February 2005 - 02:26 PM in Off-Topic Polls

I love my country, ‘cept for the damn Leprechauns getting under your feet, tripping you up and singing Diddilly-i-di-i-dum, diddilly-i-di-i-day all the time. Little feckers!

And the red hair and freckles! That’s just rust from all the bloody rain, we need dipping in varnish is all.

:unsure:

#101857 100%

Posted by Wafer on 14 February 2005 - 02:01 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

B-R-O-W-N-N-O-S-I-N-G
2-18-15-23-14-14-15-19-9-14-7

144% = shocker!

#101124 The Story Of Elshira The Spider Queen

Posted by Wafer on 10 February 2005 - 04:03 PM in Game Discussion

I like it.

Couple of things you might elaberate on, is why her father grassed her up. You could maybe emphasise that her father tried to turn her away from the 'dark side', which could be the seed for her hatred of him and by extension the town when they come after her. And he might only have went to the council for advice not knowing that they might take this action.

Spider King might already have existed and he took her under his 'wing' when she fled teaching her the more powerful spider magics. As her knowledge in this arcane study deepened she began exhibiting many of the spider aspects. But she was only using Spider King and when he taught her all he could, she usurped his throne and banished him in the coup.

Didn't mean to horn in on your good idea, but you are more than welcome if you like anything. :rolleyes:

#100962 Tattoo's

Posted by Wafer on 09 February 2005 - 10:33 AM in Off-Topic Polls

If you get a tattoo done on the bottom of your foot and then decide to have anymore they'll be free - tattooist's code.

Bar none the most painful place to get one done.

Think some1 is pulling your leg Ste.

Two of my friends work in Evil From The Needle in Camden, London, and they wet themselves when I told them that.

Would do it to get free tats. lol

#99920 Tattoo's

Posted by Wafer on 02 February 2005 - 06:45 PM in Off-Topic Polls

/t harley. I really like tats, always have.

The big 1 is a grower in that I've added to it and can add more as I want (but I don't think I will, think its finished now).

But I don't just bang on a tat if I'm bored. I think there is a balance to them all, an asthetic quality with my body as a canvas.

I don't like lots of tats with no plan, with just lots of different tats slapped on every which way.

As Tanja said, I found it very addictive though and I would warn anybody to really think about getting 1. And DON'T get your significant others name tattooed on, cas that the kiss of death to any relationship, plus a hefty laser removal bill! lol

#99879 Remember The Old Days?

Posted by Wafer on 02 February 2005 - 03:04 PM in Game Discussion

Awwww the good ol’ days. We could leave the keys in the front door, kids were respectful of their elders and you could go to the cinema (or ‘talkies’ as we called them back then), buy some popcorn and fizzy pop and still have change from 2 shillings to get the Beano comic.

Of course there was still rationing, so we used have to butter our sandwiches with snot and fill them with dust, but after a long bike ride into the countryside with your chums, they were scrummy!

And during the Blitz we wouldn’t let the bombing get us down because it was olden days bombing which meant it was much more fun! We would make a game of it and sing songs, which would show Fritz he wasn’t scaring us! And after the bombing stopped we would help the fire crews by peeing on people on fire to put them out. My, how we would laugh if anyone said, ‘great! Here I am on fire and then you come along and starting peeing on me. Gee thanks!’

We were poor, but give us a piece of string and a stick and we would be happy for days. Not with the string or stick though, we used throw those away. Instead we used beat up blacks, the Irish or homosexuals, because that was allowed back then.

We also knew how to behave like gentlemen, which of course meant censoring any sexual discussion and repressing females and treating them like second class citizens. And if our wives left us unfulfilled as a result, it was accepted that we keep mistresses or frequent prostitutes as long as we did the gentlemanly thing and kept it quiet.

And the disabled and misfortunate were great fun as well. For us anyway, as we found them a great source of amusement and I understand that they were great sports about it. Not that I would know, we don’t allow any join our clubs. Or jews for that matter.

Awwwww the good ol’ days………………………..

#99464 Tattoo's

Posted by Wafer on 31 January 2005 - 02:51 PM in Off-Topic Polls

4 of em

1 quarter body tat on my left side, going down and around my arm, up over my shoulder onto my neck and down over my chest and back. Its Maori tribal, inch thick, solid black. It took four and a half hours in 1 sitting. It bloody hurt, alot.

Gecko on my right chest.

Chinese characters running down my back to the right of my spine saying 'Kiss my shiny metal ass!'

and Woogie, my dead brothers tag on my left calf.

Jurian, best way to find out is get the tattooist to try with an empty needle on the scar tissue.

#99455 Watch Out 'goths'!

Posted by Wafer on 31 January 2005 - 10:35 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

So Philosopy is a dangerous cult! LOL

I even feel some sympathy for goths now.

Out of all the teenage 'genre's', each being uniform in their individuality, I always thought goth's were the biggest bunch of sheep. Goth's are so individual you can spot them a mile off! (or smell them)

And why is it that EVERY female goth you might be unlucky enough to enter into conversation with, has been sexually abused and is more than willing to tell you, a complete stranger about it?

Personally I think Satan is far to cool to have anything to do with goths!

#98553 Makes No Sense

Posted by Wafer on 27 January 2005 - 01:13 PM in Game Discussion

Makes perfect sense to me spuddy. Like pulling out a spoon and getting pwnt by a fork then wondering why. Forks are better for poking but if it was an ice-cream eating contest you would rock my world baby yea groovy.

Oh yeah baby!

Plus the Druid could have used heal, but choose not to, an ability the mage does not have and would probably saved him.

#98304 If You Wouldn't Mind...

Posted by Wafer on 26 January 2005 - 12:22 PM in Help Forum

You are aware that you are not going to get your account unbanned by continuously insulting staff, right?

We all know by now what word you used, but none of us care. What we do care about is that you go the right way about getting it unbanned, which is not posting on here with petty insults calling my culture or anyone else's in Europe stupid, when the word you used is as much of an insult anywhere else as it it here.

What you should do instead is mail to JLH@nightmist-online.co.uk and ask im when your ban is due to be lifted, and I sincerely hope that for the insults you continue to post on here he will slap another month or two on the original ban.

Oh, before I forget:

I myself have, in the past, been one of those idiots who complained about staff and all that on this forum. In retrospect, however, i know i was wrong. I agree completely with this post. Anyone who continues to bash staff should realize that this is a free game. They should look at how many hours of entertainment the game has provided them, and then realize that without the staff, there would be no nightmist. Even if they WERE just helping their friends and being unfair to everyone else and singling people out, which they obviously ARENT, playing this game is a priviledge, not a RIGHT. If you honestly believe that the staff are unjust and biased, and it bugs you that much, then stop playing. This isn't some government-funded thing. Its a game made and ran by JLH, and thats it. Youre playing on HIS game, and HE chose his staff. Dont act like its your god-given right to have your way on this game all the time.

Oh the delicious irony!

I :unsure: u Tanja.

#97491 What Have I Done?

Posted by Wafer on 21 January 2005 - 09:49 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

Nice and thought provoking, but (imo) more carachter development is needed. To be honest I had no sympathy for the main carachter, I'd have probably picked on him myself, which could be an interesting way to go; make your hero a snotty unlikeable geek, but by losing your readers sympathy for your hero, the writing has to be riveting!

Isn't the football captain and all-american a flogged-to-death cliche?

#97489 Hottest Celebrity

Posted by Wafer on 21 January 2005 - 09:23 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

1. Helena Bonham-Carter (Room With A View (pushing on a bit now, but still hot))

2. Nicole Richie (Paris Hilton's side-kick, Lionel's daughter)

3. Kate Moss (super model)

#97333 What Ethnicity Are You?

Posted by Wafer on 20 January 2005 - 01:34 PM in Off-Topic Polls

100% ginger-balled Oirish.

My missus is Indian out of Kenya, so our kids should be interesting!

#97150 Thanks To The Staff!

Posted by Wafer on 19 January 2005 - 03:23 PM in Game Discussion

I would like to thank mom and pop, who always believed in me.

Oh and god, I'd like to thank god without whom none of this would even be possible.

And also of course the fans, thanks you guys, you're the best!

I also have to mention my best friend Malcolm, who supported me all the way through and without whom I might have given up. I love you dude!