Ryuku's Content

There have been 223 items by Ryuku (Search limited from 14-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#199763 Smoking Poll

Posted by Ryuku on 25 December 2007 - 10:14 PM in Off-Topic Polls

I smoke multible times daily, straight As in school and graduating one year early?!??

Drugs are for people who can handle them, blame stupid people who don't have a strong mind.

It's like saying guns kill people...lawl

#199654 Leaving Probably Not Returning

Posted by Ryuku on 20 December 2007 - 08:00 PM in Leaving/Returning Forum

Why Corey whyyyyy

Come back whenever you find extra time :ph34r:

#198220 Dotw

Posted by Ryuku on 20 November 2007 - 10:32 AM in Suggestions

Why would people go nine yards if a first down is ten? That's so stupid.

Anyway, since thieves best weapon at 25 is the BD for DotW at lvl 25, I think it should hold true for each class, excluding zerks and fighters.

i.e.
Rangers would be 21
Druids would be 20
ect

Zerks and fighters should lowered to 20 like most of the others, 25 BD (halberd/rose blade) would borderline cobalt too much.

#198218 Dotw

Posted by Ryuku on 20 November 2007 - 10:31 AM in Suggestions

Nine? Are pacifists still killing people? EVIL

#198204 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 20 November 2007 - 10:09 AM in Game Discussion

Your point? I don't care about the way you train, nor will I ask if you always trained alone or had a cleric for a large portion of the time.

I care that this previously mentioned method of training is unbalanced.

Edit: Added "previously mentioned".

#198201 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 20 November 2007 - 09:35 AM in Game Discussion

To Angelus:

For a fact, I do play a thief, and I do train in spider tunnels, but I guess that isn't enough for you, or you just didn't read my post.

I'll post this in the order is appears in the profile, this is Vietgnome's, the highest level thief in MD, and also has been semi inactive for about a month.

Male Gnome Archmaster Class II Assassin - A gnome, if anyone has such a disadvantage of doing this, he does.

Death by Players - 43 - Considering he pk'd alot with us when we needed him, it doesn't seem all that high.

Game time - 26 days, 9h39 - Compared to yours (Angelus), it's twice as big, compared to Lethals, it's half. It looks funny, cause it's lvl 30, 31, 32, the bigger having double game time. It holds little relevence and reliability for obvious reasons, but I think I'd put it here for you to see so you don't bring up his huge game time.

Overall Rank- 7/1705 - So someone who trains mostly on spiders, don't make much gold? He obviously makes more than the lot of you.

Class Rank - 2/217 - Second only to someone who's saving a large portion of their gold, possibly for a cobalt o.o

Now, this is where we get some nice evidence of what I've said, and even a small list of monsters that are abused this way.

His monster kill list, the top 5 most killed monsters, in order.
Sentry Spider - 8187
Small Snake - 2553
Giant Leech - 2040
Giant Spider - 1981
Giant Rat - 1096
And just for the hell of it, I'll put his next one cause it's funny.
Crystal Formations - 768

Is that a good enough example for you?

#198197 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 20 November 2007 - 08:49 AM in Game Discussion

Stadius is not dealing with insults on Nightmist.
You will not be posting for a while.

At least I don't have to feel any care for locking you, since you've managed to get a warn level of 100% beforehand anyway.
Also makes anything you have to say negative towards me not matter much, obviously your opinion has been poor enough before.

#198186 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 20 November 2007 - 03:15 AM in Game Discussion

Okay, since you all don't listen to facts, I had an experiment. I went to a spot in sentries, and started watching this new anime called Death Note while the NM window was open on the side, just enough to where I can see the monster and watch the anime non stop, except when briefly clicking a link to watch the next episode.

I watched anime for about..6 hours I think, randomly clicking every 8-12 seconds a few times and coverting when needed too. The arguement you need to be lvl 26 to completely benefit from this, yes, but that only stops you from getting pk'd any longer since you'll rarely be uncovered. It doesn't stop the fact a lvl 21-25 can train there as easily, only watching for pks. Furthermore, does that makes it okay for lvl 26+, or even 28+, to train with complete ease?

Anyway, the results of my experiment. Wow, look at that, was capped for lvl 24 and made 63k, and had 4 advanced potions remaining (keep in mind I took 3 foods and 3 waters with me, showing that even if you miss or don't click them, requirements for being able to stay and train are so minimal compared to other classes.

Might as well have had an autotrainer since I was practically doing nothing but watching TV?

Compared to effort of other classes use to train, even if they do hit and run, being able to do this, is what's laughable.

Don't change it if you wish, I'll benefit either way. Just letting the facts be known.

Edit: To Gaddys Post

No, we shouldn't be able to hunt down everyone we wish, I agree with that. That's why arenas and (to an extent) class restricted areas exist.

Although you grasp the main concept and debated against it, that's a very foolish flaw in debating, you need details of it aswell. I'll even help you with it. We are not talking about arenas, or (in this case) class restricted areas, we're talking about places that are out of town, a monster a thief can click, and stay without needing any means of healing, just food/water. In the specified place (don't think it's the only place, just the most popular) the exp is fairly decent, infact, better than most places so close to Nightmist.

Mages and Druids are overpowered, what leads you to think this? A lvl 34 mage/druid killing off lvl 28-31s pretty easily? Isn't that kind of to be expected with the level difference, especially when between those levels, they get their first leap at lvl 33, attaining 6stam? In another case, "My lvl 26 mage/driud got killed by a 30 zerk, ohhh, zerks are overpowered, blah blah", but isn't that also to be expected?

Now, if it were something like, a lvl 27 zerk, clicking a lvl 34 mage, THEN, you can see, something is wrong, especially when the lvl 34 mage can't easily round the zerk. Don't say foolish things like mages/druids are overpowered just because they're the only ones who've lvl'd above 32 (besides Corinne, first lvl 33 or higher that isn't a mage/druid).

Again, I like rambling, and sharing my ideas, don't hate me for it :ph34r:

#198076 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 05:45 PM in Game Discussion

Pssh, Corey debating for me, I'm not weak ;p

We're looking at 1a situations here, since this nightmist solo. More than likely, you'll be training alone.

That practically takes out swamps, dessy, and well, alot of places, since their hnr damage with normal attack is extreme crap and they don't have a healer. That's why it's powerful, you don't get the exp of being in the party, but you get basically get the healing aspect since you can last so long, and since moving is minimal (not like there isn't a sentry spider every single square for 20 in a row, every other one having 2) the exp is more constant.

#198064 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 07:26 AM in Game Discussion

Okay, before I present my arguement further, which would be pretty easy if you said everything knowing this.

This is for 1a only..

Edit: Sorry for not making that clear earlier.

#198056 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 04:19 AM in Game Discussion

Maybe you play Rev too much, since when does difficulty of a monster determine the exp you get?

Sentry spiders are 65 pod, and are very easy. Not to mention you get killshot exp each attack aswell.
Demonics are way harder and only 55 pod.

So..k, lets train off the monster that takes more power..wtf I'm gaining less exp, WHY GOD WHY.

The exp you get from monsters in this game is not balanced compared to difficulty, so your arguement really falls apart quickly (I wish it was, boss monsters would be giving like 1000 pod :ph34r:)

Waiting for respawn? Pretty sure that's why I said "fast" spawning. Learn to read.

Edit: + Not to mention you get killshot exp each attack aswell.

#198055 Crystal Templar

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 04:10 AM in Suggestions

"Ok to balance mages/druids using mana, thieves lose stam."

What balances thieves being able to kill things while covert and remain hidden?
What balances the fact a thief can stay hidden for an hour with no consequence, and with a full invent of mana, a mage can maybe be invis for 10-15 minutes?

"Should thieves have to be forced to kill things to get into town or sit there and repeatedly try to covert past a guard that spots us out 100% of the time so others can then see us?"

I'm pretty sure everything is forced to kill something to get into towns (most towns, anyway). My comment of trying to covert past the guard was a reply if it was made not 100%. It currently is though.

"No, the point of covert is to move around stealthily. This is not being done here"

I agree with you here, stealth is not being done, but for three squares, wow, people can see you for 3 squares. I can see your general direction, rarely does that tell people exactly where you're going, it doesn't make non clerics able to vision you outside of town, and it can even let you mislead people as to where you're going. As you have shown everyone, you're not smart enough to use it to your advantage, so you just want it gone.

"As of right now they don't and it's unbalanced."

Unbalanced? You can remain hidden FOREVER excluding every square with an npc, I hardly call that unbalanced.

"You wanted argument there it is."

Thanks, it always makes it more fun to post here :ph34r:

"Not everyone can have someone there to lead for them so they can stay covert, and thieves lose stam while moving around in covert mages/druids do not and therefore use mana."

Don't really have a reply for the first part, nothing is debatable lol
And who's to say thieves losing stam while moving balances with mages using mana and not losing it? There are many other factors with invisibility/covert than those 2. How about covert taking no stam to use? What part of invisibility balances with that?

#198048 Crystal Templar

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 02:26 AM in Suggestions

There are no other arguements for me to give comebacks to, my above posts have addressed everything, if Corey didn't already.

Yes, you can gain alot from guards not seeing thieves, if he sees you, "Oh, go south and covert again and try again, it doesn't take any mana or stam, so just keep trying until we can move safely!"

Is it that hard to get a mage/druid to lead for you?
Is it that hard to kill a single monster outside of town?
Do you think thieves should be allowed to go anywhere safely without any mana cost?

The only valid reason I've seen is "because mages/druids can do it"

Well, guess what, thieves can do alot of things mages/druids can't, they can do things no other class can do, they even have their own special training areas INSIDE of towns.

It's not the fact what you'll be able to accomplish if they weren't there, or the fact you're Pandimonium. It's the fact I already think thieves are too powerful and don't need anymore bonuses, no matter how big or small.

Edit: Tony is the one who brought clans into this discussion, I only presented arguements involving clans for his sake.

#198044 Crystal Templar

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 01:58 AM in Suggestions

"Thieves can be spotting going into towns, so mages/druids should be too."

Uhh, then mages/druids invisibility should last forever and take no stam/mana?

"You are trying to benefit MD, while we are trying to benefit the game"

Active MD thieves - 2
Active Pandimonium Thieves - 15ish

Trying to benefit the game..? I don't see how the game benefits at all besides Pandimonium..?

Before you go on about "Ohh MD can just roll thieves too" well..I'm pretty sure Pandimonium can roll mages/druids aswell.

#198040 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 01:25 AM in Game Discussion

Dotw indeed can make it to where you can't use pots, but that's in almost every situation, which you paid a decent ammount of gold for.

The reason you don't click them is because you're using a 20 bd dagger, although it regains hp, an ivory, especially a DoS, makes it worthless in this case since you wouldn't lose hp anyway.

Yes, DotW gives you an advantage, which you paid for. Although in this case, using a cheaper yet stronger dagger will give better results. Being able to stay anywhere for a long time without a hp absorb weapon.

Having a DoS in spider tunnels, you might as well have a cobalt, which is why I feel covert is too powerful in certain locations.

#198038 Thieves Covert

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 01:04 AM in Game Discussion

A thief can stay somewhere where they can click a fast spawning monster repeatily, without ever being revealed, not needing potions to stay alive, unable to be pk'd, and able to stockpile mass gold with little effort and no fear of losing it. There's always a place to do this for any level before 30.

5-13 SDG
13-21 Small snakes
21-30 sentry spiders (atleast is the most popular, I'm sure there are better places)

Thieves are not all that weak, people seem to think they are, the ability to go through armor is very powerful, and the more the levels rise, the better it will become over the others. So why let them have an ability that makes them able to level almost eternally.

Thieves being able to hide is a necessity (sp?), so maybe a possibly solution, make covert take 1 stam away from stam regain if you're hidden at the time. If you wanna train safely, you have to train slightly slower, tedious timing makes it so you can get around this, but you will sometimes be hit by monsters so you will have to actually use potions and leave, or if you're unlucky, be killed by someone watching you train.

Comments?

Edit: Added phrase "so you will have to actually use potions and leave,"

#198035 An Overlooked Part Of 1a,

Posted by Ryuku on 16 November 2007 - 12:26 AM in Game Discussion

Sounds like something I'd be good at.

Definately need more staff/player interaction.

#197937 If You Were To Die Tomorrow....

Posted by Ryuku on 14 November 2007 - 06:56 AM in Off-Topic Polls

I'd take 30 coriciden pills, grab some nice katanas, go to downtown Memphis, and let heads fly.

So I choose dying valiantly in combat, for when in combat, the will to live and the will to kill greatly diminish the pain you feel. And coriciden too? Man you'd be a tank of punishment!

#197935 Crystal Templar

Posted by Ryuku on 14 November 2007 - 06:03 AM in Suggestions

Thieves covert lasts forever, although their movement is slower, I don't feel that's a good enough reason to allow them almost eternally safe passage out of town.

I'd support this only if crits that walk on to a square with a covert thief might reveal him, aswell as a thief walking onto a square and being seen.

Also, thief is a clicker, the ONLY class capable having a full stam attack and being able to hide (again, covert lasts forever, takes no mana, and no stam to use). Not only that, besides an invisible zerks smite (being a 1 hit full stam attack, is probably why), clicking something with no one else there keeps you invisible.

Since that's possible, something I think of as a bug is also possible. A thief can stay somewhere where they can click a fast spawning monster repeatily, without ever being revealed, not needing potions to stay alive, unable to be pk'd, and able to stockpile mass gold with little effort and no fear of losing it. There's almost always a place to do this for any level before 30.

SDG for 5-13
Small snakes for 13-21
Sentry spiders for 21-30

I don't think thieves covert needs to be made any more powerful compared to mages/druids invisibility spells. Just because you are sick of getting pk'd so you make mass thieves to move around and do stuff, doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to die unless you're pking yourself.

Edit: I'll add possible solutions that will balance this idea so you can consider if you really want it implemented. And don't think I'm only saying this for myself, now that Nub is lvl 31 (or is ready to be lawl), I'm training my thief to 31.

Thieves can be seen by entering players instead of just when entering a room.
or
Thieves don't stay hidden when they click a monster or player.

Edit2: Thieves don't need to be anymore useful in what they do, infact, I think they need drawbacks immediately. If you actually took the time to lvl 35 a thief, you'd see nothing could compare except a 35 zerk. Like staff have said, 1a was not ready for immediate release, although it was released anyway. Nothing with 7stam should have a hit rate like a thief, you'd click anything 33 or under.

I got bored, and I like rambling, excuse me, I gotta go potty.

#197894 Meh Worth A Shot For Everyone

Posted by Ryuku on 13 November 2007 - 12:31 PM in Suggestions

Sets of equipment (full branchwood, ect) should give somekind of bonus.

Supported.

#197661 Let Me Into The Sdg.

Posted by Ryuku on 06 November 2007 - 03:46 PM in Suggestions

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Of course, making certain areas almost like new to some people while not effecting gameplay, trying to bring back a spark to players and have no bad consequences.

Man, that IS a bad idea.

Look deeper into things, you'll usually get better answers.

PS: I hate thinking simply, it just, doesn't work.

#197658 Halloween Quest

Posted by Ryuku on 06 November 2007 - 03:38 PM in Game Discussion

I wonder if that map is why the monsters weren't moved during the 2nd week of the quest, MD would be the only ones who'd know how to get to them for a tad longer lol

Btw Corey/Sarah, you missed 3 teleport squares ;p

#197617 Hasta Luego

Posted by Ryuku on 05 November 2007 - 08:56 PM in Leaving/Returning Forum

Rob, I salute you, for your work protecting our asses irl and for protecting our asses ingame ;p

Someday, maybe again.

<3

#197615 Halloween Quest

Posted by Ryuku on 05 November 2007 - 08:54 PM in Game Discussion

If you count everything I got for Rhia (which I consider ultimately mine anyway ;p), me and Jordan have.

2 Tridents, 3 Bracers, 4 of each bracelet (8), 1 Bane, 1 Ring

Just to let people know, Rhia is looking for a Trident and Bane since I suck at getting questies k

#197539 Proposed Changes To The Multi-alt Server

Posted by Ryuku on 04 November 2007 - 08:14 PM in Game Discussion

Although it's already been implemented, I'll give a tad opinion.

Lvl 31+ are only ones who should be able to be pk'd imo

Noobs can enjoy most of the benefit of the game, even get a whole party of arches and still not be pk'd, but once they get good enough to get lvl even one 31+ char, they should have a decent 8alt party of experts or so.

A party of lvl 30s in a skilled NM players hands can beat any boss ingame alone. If you want the boosts of lvl 31+ to make the game even easier, take the risks of getting pk'd.

win?

Solution in simple terms, raise the nopk limit from 5 to 31.